Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle (49436 Views)

Tiwa Savage Slams Bizzleo For Calling Nigerian Artist Lazy / Meet Victoria Elliot, Desmond Elliot's Wife As They Mark Wedding Anniversary / Desmond Elliot Dresses Up As Father Christmas, Visits His Constituency (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Muhylonaire007: 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove:

No he is not, and never was my crush. I am just being objective in my submission.

Ori e ti pada daru
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Stfu with your bullshit post. You dont address a problem without addressing the cause of the problem. Burns Boy's "Monster you made" comes to mind. Something is definitely wrong with you and Desmond Idiot Iscariot
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Ishilove: 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Babe, please don't let them intimidate you the way they intimidated Desmond Elliot.

Below was my comment the first day this whole brouhaha about Desmond Elliot's speech on the floor of the LAHA started.

Read:
What kind of cyber bullying is all these?

Is Lagos the only state holding a probe on last week's destruction of lives and properties by the #ENDSARS protesters?

Even artists whose 80% lyrical contents are about Yahoo Yahoo,sex, drugs and prostitution are also abusing the woman.

It's a fact that where two or three youths are gathered these days drugs are involved both male and female groups.Talk less of where two or three artists and celebrities are gathered.

Why are we so hypocritical in this country?
Who? Me? embarassed cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Ishilove: 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
Muhylonaire007:

Ori e ti pada daru
Ori iyalaya yin lo daru. Omo ale

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by fabsyl(m): 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
Wat Alexander Povetkin did to Dilian Whyte wl b a child's play if I catch u
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Tungfamily: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove:

No he is not, and never was my crush. I am just being objective in my submission.

Do you eat raw onions?
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by hmohammed(m): 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ladiesdoctor:
Attention seeker.

Heediot

How do you feel echoing the OP? DID WE LEAVE OUR BRAINS AT HOME
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by DexterousOne(m): 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nigeria is the only country I know of that call young men and women in their 20s kids...

Full blown adults o
Whose mates are shaping the global order elsewhere

To think some people defend this fuckery is just unfortunate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Adakintroy: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
Farki:

In 1980 500 naira could buy a motorcycle now in 2020 it can't even transport somebody one way in a state.

But yes because a small minority of rich children can buy iPhone it must mean life is easy for everyone. How many of the 100 million youths even have 300k in their bank accounts to spend? How many even have jobs?

It's all relative. Money could have value then. But then again how many people earn 50k back then. That's not the point.

The point is this generation take things for granted. Our fathers did not even have access to the technology we have now.

Most of them did not even drive cars all their life. It was a pipe dream for them.

But here we are today..free democracy to protest. Education behind us. Technology and all. What is our gratitude to the ones before us?

Abuse. More abuse. They failed us.

Bunch of fools. Your father failed you. Yet your life's compared the their s is far better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by iamDrRhymes(m): 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
'What true revolution have you seen being birthed by a generation of bratty, insulting and disrespectful humans?'

Hmmm! Food for thought!
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Crownp(m): 9:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
Otondo leleyi na...
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by RoyalUc(m): 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
franciskaine:
I'm sure you dint read that post, otherwise you won't be saying this.

Do they actually read?
And when they manage to do, do they have rational minds of their own to comprehend?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
Currently trending on twitter.

He has a point

Attention deficit, hyper sexed, celebrity worshipping buffoons, who have no ideology other than copying trends

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Moddam: 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
some nairalanders no try atall and na them dey make noise pass for nairaland

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Jeromejnr(m): 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
pocohantas:
When I saw him being dragged, I also wondered if he killed someone. A particular IG blog was even trying to silence him with pictures of his babymamas- can you beat that? I really do hate cheats, but I couldn’t find the correlation between his speech, the insults on his person and digging into his private life.

Anyway, it is the new trend on social media- they never take their time to process information. Here on NL, once the first few commenters post in one direction, it would take a really brave person to face another direction. Trust me, some know the noise wasn’t worth it, but they are scared of being e-lynched by our recent hyperactive online Martin Luthers. cheesy cheesy

I just have to say, that your submission was impressive.

Kudos.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by RexTramadol1: 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
I like objectivity
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by jelel6: 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
If you want to be great, distance yourself from the ideology and tag of 'NIGERIAN YOUTHS.'

That statement made it for me. If the events of the past few weeks isn't validation of that statement, nothing ever will.

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by SpicyMimi(f): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
pocohantas:
When I saw him being dragged, I also wondered if he killed someone. A particular IG blog was even trying to silence him with pictures of his babymamas- can you beat that? I really do hate cheats, but I couldn’t find the correlation between his speech, the insults on his person and digging into his private life.

Anyway, it is the new trend on social media- they never take their time to process information. Here on NL, once the first few commenters post in one direction, it would take a really brave person to face another direction. Trust me, some know the noise wasn’t worth it, but they are scared of being e-lynched by our recent hyperactive online Martin Luthers. cheesy cheesy

They all proved Desmond was right..most of them are nothing but children.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Farki: 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
Adakintroy:

It's all relative. Money could have value then. But then again how many people earn 50k back then. That's not the point.

The point is this generation take things for granted. Our fathers did not even have access to the technology we have now.

Most of them did not even drive cars all their life. It was a pipe dream for them.

But here we are today..free democracy the protest. Education s behind us. Technology and all. What is our gratitude to the ones before us?

Abuse. More abuse. They failed us.

Bunch of fools. Your father failed you. Yet your life's compared the their s is far better.

50,000 then was like 20 million now. If I work for 40 years on 50,000 without spending a kobo on food, housing, transport or family I will get 24 million.

This generation isn't taking anything for granted, older people with a chip on their shoulder just love beating the young when they are down.

If the ones before us put the youths to the same standards as themselves we should be living like Europeans. Instead we are still shouting up NEPA after 60 years, still drilling borehole after 60 years, still driving in mud after 60 years, still going abroad for medical treatment after 60 years.

Our hard working president contested for over 12 years but when he had gotten his wish he didn't have a plan, kept asking for more time, he got reelected and he didn't care anymore.

Hard working elders who only know how to throw Owambe and spend millions on AC for a dead man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by streetsoldier1(m): 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove:
Some days back, the Nigerian social media users were dragging Desmond Elliot like Tiger generator because he tagged the youths as children. I was a bit indifferent about the whole brouhaha because wetin I dey think big pass all that noise and after watching the now infamous video, my indifference did not change.

Desmond later came out to apologise in tears for calling us yoots 'shidren', and while I was wondering aloud on this forum what the whole fuss about, my friend told me offline told me this-

"The problem is that the Nigerian social media space is now a lynch mob. Nobody is ready to listen to common sense, people are incapable of comprehending simple ideas and people are very intolerant of any view that does not agree with theirs

People are reacting to Desmond Elliot's video based on what they think he said, not based on what he actually said"

This friend shared the full YouTube clip with me and after watching it again, I realised how very toxic social media has become.

I stumbled on an article by Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson who has articulated my thoughts on this whole distracting nonsense featuring Desmond as the lead character.

Long post alert!! Stop here if your attention span is one tweet long.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3538340332875410&id=100000984358442

Nice PR from Desmond's handlers abi na management team, I share part of your views anyways. Desmond realized he made mistake using the word "children" and he apologized, why are you still trying to absolve him of any wrong doing. Let there be peace abeg
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by charlesucheh(m): 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove:
Some days back, the Nigerian social media users were dragging Desmond Elliot like Tiger generator because he tagged the youths as children. I was a bit indifferent about the whole brouhaha because wetin I dey think big pass all that noise and after watching the now infamous video, my indifference did not change.
K
Desmond later came out to apologise in tears for calling us yoots 'shidren', and while I was wondering aloud on this forum what the whole fuss about, my friend told me offline told me this-

"The problem is that the Nigerian social media space is now a lynch mob. Nobody is ready to listen to common sense, people are incapable of comprehending simple ideas and people are very intolerant of any view that does not agree with theirs

People are reacting to Desmond Elliot's video based on what they think he said, not based on what he actually said"

This friend shared the full YouTube clip with me and after watching it again, I realised how very toxic social media has become.

I stumbled on an article by Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson who has articulated my thoughts on this whole distracting nonsense featuring Desmond as the lead character.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3538340332875410&id=100000984
You've only spoken like a Non Nigerian. And I see you too apologising pretty soon. The only guard you have is that you've done yours under the guise of a small social medium. Do you know what a house of a assembly member is? Let me educate your brain that has been gushing out those rubbish and braggadociously feeling it has conquered . An house member before laying or uttering any word in the house, seeks his constituency first. Desmond represents the youths of surulere, and once they are not connected to what he would (has) said, the conflict must surely arise not minding the module of sense he will (has) made. Lack of proper communication cause conflict like they say and interpretation is relative! Oga you just did yours. The koko now is; according to WI Thomas; '' Reality I what the people say it is'', so right now, the bandwagon is the movement, and once they aren't connected with any rubbish, it remains rubbish!!!! Oga! Go spill this wack some where else! #movement
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by charlesucheh(m): 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
You've only spoken like a Non Nigerian. And I see you too apologising pretty soon. The only guard you have is that you've done yours under the guise of a small social medium. Do you know what a house of a assembly member is? Let me educate your brain that has been gushing out those rubbish and braggadociously feeling it has conquered . An house member before laying or uttering any word in the house, seeks his constituency first. Desmond represents the youths of surulere, and once they are not connected to what he would (has) said, the conflict must surely arise not minding the module of sense he will (has) made. Lack of proper communication causes conflict like they say and interpretation is relative! Oga you just did yours. The koko now is; according to WI Thomas; '' Reality I what the people say it is'', so right now, the bandwagon is the movement, and once they aren't connected with any rubbish, it remains rubbish!!!! Oga! Go spill this wack some where else! #movement

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Jaqenhghar: 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
handsomeyinka:
You both smoke from the same pot
They both have the same dealer abi grin
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by ForkUBish: 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
hmmm

this thread na trap.... because if i tell ishi.love my mind like this, i go chop ban till 2099

meanwhile....my moniker has said it all so i no fit shout again.

*walks outta thread, banging the door shut*
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by jrusky(m): 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
First of all you are from which country? Your name is confused and I guess that is why your brain is confused and by the way you are a fake Nigeria so what is your real name or shut da f u c k.

How can a Nigeria bear "Ivan" then "whyte" then "Eagle" pls why not end it with "vulture"

Liars going around with yahoo yahoo names. You better shut up.

Your real name or be silent fordver.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by handsomeyinka(m): 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

They both have the same dealer abi grin
Lol...yes oo.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by CoolAmbience(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove:
My verdict-

While you people are here screaming at Desmond Elliot, hope you know the price of a bag of Onions has gone up from 3,500 to 7k, bag of local rice from 25 to 28k while sachet tomato don climb from 50 naira to 120 naira, amongst other demonic increases and it is not yet festive season o!

©Leke Gbolade

Mtchewww.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by poiZon: 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
xynerise:

Limited visitors now so they won't finish my stew undecided
Me I can't stop people from coming o, but if u must come, come with ur stew and rice, I will provide the water and fire.
I try abeg
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Toks2008(m): 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3538340332875410&id=100000984358442

In my opinion I think the issue was more about him ranting about social media negative influence rather than being sobber about the loss of lives.

His condemnation of social media was ill-timed.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Moddam: 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Afolabi Kazeem: "Davido Is Trying To Kill Me After Absconding With My N60M" / Mercy Aigbe Receives A Range Rover HSE As 43rd Birthday Gift (Video, Photos) / Tuface And The Illuminati. Could This Be True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.