Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 (17117 Views)

Oil Soars Above $93, Nigeria’s Revenue Prospects Brighten / BUA Posts Unaudited H1 2020 Financial Results, Revenue Rises To ₦101.3 Billion / Federal Government To Auction N100 Billion Bonds On March 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Ice202(m): 10:52am On Nov 02, 2020
Nigerian Youths should watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGIbWajz7k

*CLICK ON THE LINK AND WATCH WITH MOBILE APP TO SAVE DATA

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by BankyGee(m): 10:52am On Nov 02, 2020
Money dey where he dey joor... Na for guys to locate am be koko cool
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Euegene100001: 10:52am On Nov 02, 2020
Normal when data don’t last more than 24hours they should make more than that

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Angelfrost(m): 10:52am On Nov 02, 2020
Yet, people will be complaining of being broke and penniless!!!

These same people will never go a day without calling, browsing, chatting, and jumping from one social media handle to the other... All these at the elevation of MTN's massive profits!!!..

It's a shame other Networks have continued to fail to keep up with MTN's coverage, quality and reach!!!
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Abusadiq01(m): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2020
Everywhere u dey!!!

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by omoadeleye(m): 10:58am On Nov 02, 2020
dukeprince50:
100billion monthly Goddamit

Just a revenue and not profit

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by mazinaija: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
This is revenue, though it averages N106B per month. The prospect of a good profit margin cannot be argued against, truth is they end up doing a lot of things they shouldn't be doing by themselves and that opens the door for adjustment to recurrent expenses.

Imagine the diesel they burn to keep each mast alive then multiple that by the number of mast they every 3km in cities and every 5km along busy highways. That's huge expenses incurred due to a weak power supply system in the country.
Telcos this size clearly isn't for start ups or experimenting entrepreneurs.
3km is too much,due to capacity the maximum distance is 500m in cities
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by dukeprince50: 11:00am On Nov 02, 2020
omoadeleye:

Just a revenue and not profit
100billion as revenue is very huge
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Olodo24: 11:01am On Nov 02, 2020
Upon that, them no fit still dash person better data
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by OfeNmanu(f): 11:02am On Nov 02, 2020
MTN= Milk the Nigerians grin
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by MAYOWAAK: 11:06am On Nov 02, 2020
.............some 16 years ago, I was appointed the Director General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises. The Bureau of Public Enterprises is the federal agency in Nigeria in charge of privatization. One of our flagship transactions was to privatize the then national telecoms monopoly called NITEL.

NITEL had sucked about $7 billion of government investment to provide Nigerians with less than half a million working telephone lines. Nigeria had the most expensive phone network in the entire world and perhaps the most inefficient. We were determined to privatize NITEL as well as open up the sector for private sector competition. I remember when we prepared the information memorandum for the sale of NITEL, the forecast of the size of the mobile phone market in Nigeria was 5 million subscribers in 3 years. As much as I tried to convince our investment bankers that that estimate was way too low, they were convinced based on the statistics that Nigerians could not afford GSM lines. And if all worked well based on our GDP per capita, in three years 5 million Nigerians would have phone lines. I was sure they were wrong.

We invited many big companies from Vodafone to AT & T to come to Nigeria to bid for NITEL, or to bid for GSM licences and they declined. A South African company called MTN which was not even the market leader in South Africa took the plunge. Today, MTN is the largest telecom company in Africa and is in a position to buy Vodafone and AT & T. Why? Because they invested in Nigeria. 70 percent of MTN’s growth and revenue comes from Nigeria and just to put things in perspective, we got 5 million lines in less than 6 months and today we have over 150 million lines.

SOURCE: EXCERPTS FROM SPEECH DELIVERED BY GOVERNOR NASIR EL RUFAI OF KADUNA STATE IN 2015 AT AN EVENT ORGANISED BY THE TONY ELUMELU FOUNDATION

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2020
essential commodities are the way to go
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by COMPAQ(m): 11:08am On Nov 02, 2020
ignis:
At the expense of Nigerians...

Glo should continue sleeping

What is at the expense of Nigerians? MTN provides a service which you pay for. And you pay for it because you enjoy the service.

So why this mindset of "at Nigerians expense"
Toyota sells in USA, Benz sells in Japan and Ford sells in Germany. Glo operates Benin Republic. Dangote operates in more than 6 African countries.

Its called Global trade!!

7 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by dodoyinsolar202: 11:09am On Nov 02, 2020
these guys are really cashing out.
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by KingDash: 11:11am On Nov 02, 2020
Teeisaac:
OMO see money shocked shocked
person go com tell me say dangote na the riches man in africa
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by octavian(m): 11:12am On Nov 02, 2020
mazinaija:
3km is too much,due to capacity the maximum distance is 500m in cities

Averagely it is more expensive to build sites 500m within the same radius, that is if you can even get a land to locate a site. I think that 3km is a safe net, that is the reason why when a customer lives a little beyond the 3km it becomes difficult to use the service.
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by kenodrill: 11:14am On Nov 02, 2020
phr0nesis:
Where their billions are coming from:

BOO: I love you
BAE: I love you more
BOO: I love you more than more
BAE: I love you a 1000x than more
BOO: Alright bae goodnight, cut the call
BAE: No you cut the call
.....No you cut the call
.....You cut the call.............

Lol

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Xanderlex: 11:14am On Nov 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
This is revenue, though it averages N106B per month. The prospect of a good profit margin cannot be argued against, truth is they end up doing a lot of things they shouldn't be doing by themselves and that opens the door for adjustment to recurrent expenses.

Imagine the diesel they burn to keep each mast alive then multiple that by the number of mast they every 3km in cities and every 5km along busy highways. That's huge expenses incurred due to a weak power supply system in the country.

Not all mast are owned by them. sometimes they act as tenants on a particular mast belonging to an individual, they pay maybe monthly or yearly. the mast vendor or owner is responsible for fueling and maintenance of the power system. This is why you can see multiple communication gadgets belonging to different telcos on a single mast.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by octavian(m): 11:15am On Nov 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Honestly speaking most of the Towers are not owned by MTN, they are owned by IHS & ATC, most of the Experience Centers painted in Yellow were outsourced to vendors, the same applies to Call Centers as well... Though they spend on Diesel to power their offices, but the headache belongs to IHS & ATC who have a signed SLA with them to keep the sites up, they only pay monthly charges to the TOWERCO's

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Emax911: 11:17am On Nov 02, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

The real winners are MTN and those who spend extravagantly on data and get their returns in multiple folds.

Thats why my I'm always logged on to my Nord, with my Fake GPS roaming around the world anonymously trying to get paid.

Thats why I'm always talking to American and Indian hackers not forgetting my Nigerian brothers, trying to keep up with new updates.

Thats why I'm always high on my molly way lest I lose guard and get distracted.

I said what I said, niggarr!!

scammers, ur end is near
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by xcellentgraphic: 11:23am On Nov 02, 2020
MAYOWAAK:
.............some 16 years ago, I was appointed the Director General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises. The Bureau of Public Enterprises is the federal agency in Nigeria in charge of privatization. One of our flagship transactions was to privatize the then national telecoms monopoly called NITEL.

NITEL had sucked about $7 billion of government investment to provide Nigerians with less than half a million working telephone lines. Nigeria had the most expensive phone network in the entire world and perhaps the most inefficient. We were determined to privatize NITEL as well as open up the sector for private sector competition. I remember when we prepared the information memorandum for the sale of NITEL, the forecast of the size of the mobile phone market in Nigeria was 5 million subscribers in 3 years. As much as I tried to convince our investment bankers that that estimate was way too low, they were convinced based on the statistics that Nigerians could not afford GSM lines. And if all worked well based on our GDP per capita, in three years 5 million Nigerians would have phone lines. I was sure they were wrong.

We invited many big companies from Vodafone to AT & T to come to Nigeria to bid for NITEL, or to bid for GSM licences and they declined. A South African company called MTN which was not even the market leader in South Africa took the plunge. Today, MTN is the largest telecom company in Africa and is in a position to buy Vodafone and AT & T. Why? Because they invested in Nigeria. 70 percent of MTN’s growth and revenue comes from Nigeria and just to put things in perspective, we got 5 million lines in less than 6 months and today we have over 150 million lines.

SOURCE: EXCERPTS FROM SPEECH DELIVERED BY GOVERNOR NASIR EL RUFAI OF KADUNA STATE IN 2015 AT AN EVENT ORGANISED BY THE TONY ELUMELU FOUNDATION
Those companies that refused to invest in Nigeria will be regretting now....
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Codes151(m): 11:26am On Nov 02, 2020
We really need to regulate mtn.
Those people are vipers.
Demons
And resources suckers.

Do 100mb daily and watch what happens
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Rugaria: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2020
This guy's have finished Nigeria! Stupid Nigerian government following white mans definition of capitalism. Useless privatization and commercialization policies! They will always shout you down when you tell them to make sure that responsible local operators dominate these strategic economic areas.. In China, the country's military investment units have dominant shares in their telecom sectors! That's how they get the billions for their defense RnD projects.. Here, we have a series of government that have held the country down while foreign companies rape and plunder both in oil, gas and telecom.. Yet, they can't even pay their policemen. Very annoying anyhow country..

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2020
HigherEd:

https://nairametrics.com/2020/07/30/2020-q2-mtn-nigeria-revenues-rises-to-over-n100-billion-monthly/

I have noticed in the country especially with this financial companies none of them tell the truth. I remember at one time etisalat was claiming they made over 230 billion Naira profit in one year. The financial statement incorrect in the country most of them are inflated massively. I was just looking at the bank with some of them were making 400 billion Naira profit in one year now the same banks are saying they are moving and concentrating on other African markets because of hard times. Most of these companies their reports are not accurate and I just to catch people so that people can buy their shares. One of the bank which I had an account with which is now shut down claim they made a profit of 180 billion Naira in one year
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Lastanza: 11:32am On Nov 02, 2020
Mehn I love MTN. The best telecom in Nigeria. I used to beaf them due to its south African Affiliation but not anymore.

The best in services and affordability. In fact they should be making more than that for a job well done.
Thunder fire glo with their miserably poor and overhyped network. I don't even know what Glo takes us for in all its miserable and misleading adverts. There is no difference between Glo and the Nigerian government. Nansense!

The money Glo pays celebrities for adverts can comfortably fix their network.

Well done to mtn jare.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by GamalNasser: 11:34am On Nov 02, 2020
ignis:
At the expense of Nigerians...

Glo should continue sleeping

At the expense big Nigerians how ? Are you not making calls and using data
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by CioAngels(f): 11:37am On Nov 02, 2020
Somebody said well managed company, hm. They are the must dubious Telecom company, it might be so small to others but it is part of their huge earnings. Imagine, it is okay they give bonus on airtime recharges but in the last one year or more, they give you bonus and rather than charge you on their miserable bonus, they make sure they charge your main account simultenously with the bonus and most time than not they make sure they finish your main account and next two days they remove their bonus because it is seven day. Unfortunately, Nigeria has bribe taken leaders which they rather take the bribe than for the Nigerians masses to fight for. Look at the gotv issue, how far did they go when the masses asked for free view of reduce the charge or better still, pay as you go, did we hear from Nigerian leaders on pay as you go? No. They have taken bribe to strangle the poor masses. Even those of us that recharged on their increase in price, we paid more yet, they removed many programmes. They reduced Kenya fee and add their shortfalls to Nigeria because they know that Nigerian leaders will only shout and keep queit because of bribe they will give to them. What a big Shame.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:38am On Nov 02, 2020
Rugaria:
This guy's have finished Nigeria! Stupid Nigerian government following white mans definition of capitalism. Useless privatization and commercialization policies! They will always shout you down when you tell them to make sure that responsible local operators dominate these strategic economic areas.. In China, the country's military investment units have dominant shares in their telecom sectors! That's how they get the billions for their defense RnD projects.. Here, we have a series of government that have held the country down while foreign companies rape and plunder both in oil, gas and telecom.. Yet, they can't even pay their policemen. Very annoying anyhow country..

A lot of the profit which these companies are claiming they make is not true at all they are highly inflated. I know companies last year which were making over 100 billion Naira profit and they still shut down. Just look at the bank they claim they made hundreds of billions of Naira profit and what happened they are not Justified into other African markets because they market in Nigeria is Contracting. What I have noticed in Nigeria nobody tells the truth etisalat was a good example with over 230 billion US dollar profit in just went down. Companies which are making massive losses they would be still saying they are making profit in this country. 2 years ago I was working for a firm in Lagos they claimed they made a profit of 45 billion naira and submitted it to the Federal Government only to find out they were in 20 billion Naira loss the company is now closed. In fact in some cases the government will tell you to inflate your figures

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by MartinsD12(m): 11:38am On Nov 02, 2020
HigherEd:

https://nairametrics.com/2020/07/30/2020-q2-mtn-nigeria-revenues-rises-to-over-n100-billion-monthly/
With their poor internet service infact glo is better than mtn in terms of speed, MTN is getting too congested these days their service is getting slower everyday, but the only problem with glo is they don't have special cheap data deals like mtn like 1gb for 200, 300 for 1.5gb this alone is a big source of revenue for mtn, airtel has something like that too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Richest In Africa For 7th Year – Forbes / Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant / Food Union Employers To Relocate Factories Over Outrageous Excise Duty, Taxation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.