Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) (34866 Views)

"Dem just call you to bar": Adeyanju, Sowore face-off with EFCC guards / Man Fumes, Challenges Sowore, Others Over Kanu’s Trial / Thousands Of Enugu Youths Continue #endsars Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by jumper524(m): 8:58am On Nov 02, 2020
mobi99:
bro in South East, like imo and abia, ask people around u will hear the truth.. they are still active just that the sneak out to do there raidings late hours, it's real bro, u friend may not tell u the truth, remember that there main source of livelihood
sneak out meaning it's illegal and if caught they'll be arrested.
atleast u agree with me now that the govt has done it's part.
it's now left for both we and the govt to do more in getting those criminals in Sars uniform to justice.
next time help us with pictures and video if possible.
God bless u as I adhere..

note: police also do raiding during late hours too hope you know the difference..
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by mobi99(m): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2020
jumper524:
please help us get a picture or video proof.
nothing like that in Abuja.
they are even repainting their vehicles in where I stay sef.
if they operate in Imo it's very illegal but I doubt you not because your lying but because the media is not a place to believe things from without verification let alone an unknown ID from a faceless forum..
not after I saw how the so called disbanded SARS shot an innocent guy who was alleged covering their mayhem took his phone searched and and took wat ever they found on him during those protest in aba..SARS is still active, wit time u get the news
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by autonomous22: 8:59am On Nov 02, 2020
jalaludeen1:
This are the politicians hiding under #EndSARS protest

Shut up
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by autonomous22: 9:00am On Nov 02, 2020
I just love dis sowore ....I have forgiven him for supporting the emergence of buhari in 2015
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by fiyinfoluwa29093: 9:05am On Nov 02, 2020
:This are the politicians hiding under #EndSARS protestShut up
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by lexy2014: 9:10am On Nov 02, 2020
jumper524:
these guys don't really know when to match the pedal.
I think enough is enough for now..
let's give the govt time to see how they react to our demands..

not surprised, sowore media has always been anti govt, I honestly can't take his actions and activities serious.

let's be positive for once in our life, we can't be negative all the time, we made an impact that we suffered from let's hope and pray they make changes..
na the masses suffer the greatest casualties from the last protest not because the protest was bad but because we didn't know when to stop.

bros Abuja na my state oo and I won't be happy with anybody whose actions and inactions led to the destruction of properties by hoodlooms.

kuje suffered alot from the last one with the destruction of properties owned by innocent people.

How many years should it take for d govt to "react"?

Are u aware that in June 2019, d govt received a report on SARS reforms? Are u aware that d recommendations of d report are similar to d demands of d protesters? Since u are defending d govt, can u pls explain y the govt hasn't implemented d recommendations of d report all this while? If d govt had implemented this report since last year, would anybody very protesting endsars?

U are blaming d Carnage that followed d protest on d protesters? Oga, why where thugs/hoodlums attacking protesters in Benin, Abuja, Lagos and osogbo after protesters refused to back down? Who were these thugs and where did they come from?

U are using d word "we". Who is d "we"?

There's presently reports of military brutality taking place in Rivers State. Y are d military still involved in gross human rights violations in Rivers State when d endsars protests is still fresh? Has d govt u are defending not learnt anything yet?

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by jumper524(m): 9:13am On Nov 02, 2020
mobi99:
not after I saw how the so called disbanded SARS shot an innocent guy who was alleged covering their mayhem took his phone searched and and took wat ever they found on him during those protest in aba..SARS is still active, wit time u get the news
with my experience with fake news, I'll have to see video proofs..
sorry no vex, I just dey learn from mistakes..
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by jumper524(m): 9:14am On Nov 02, 2020
lexy2014:

Are u aware that in June 2019, d govt received a report on SARS reforms? Are u aware that d recommendations of d report are similar to d demands of d protesters? Since u are defending d govt, can u pls explain y the govt hasn't implemented d recommendations of d report all this while? If d govt had implemented this report since last year, would anybody very protesting endsars?

U are blaming d Carnage that followed d protest on d protesters? Oga, why where thugs/hoodlums attacking protesters in Benin, Abuja, Lagos and osogbo after protesters refused to back down? Who were these thugs and where did they come from?

U are using d word "we". Who is d "we"?

There's presently reports of military brutality taking place in Rivers State. Y are d military still involved in gross human rights violations in Rivers State when d endsars protests is still fresh? Has d govt u are defending not learnt anything yet?
alright keep protesting and keep giving hoodlums the chance to loot private citizens maybe then you'll be ok.
probably u are one of the hoodlooms or your yet to suffer any casualties that's why u speak with your heart and emotions not with your brains..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by Wettoid123: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2020
There is interior motive behind this ones, wanting to be endsars leader is what they are targeting it won't work for them cos govt is already listening to the earlier endsars protesters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2020
[s]
jumper524:

not surprised, sowore media has always been anti govt, I honestly can't take his actions and activities serious.

let's be positive for once in our life, we can't be negative all the time, we made an impact that we suffered from let's hope and pray they make changes..
na the masses suffer the greatest casualties from the last protest not because the protest was bad but because we didn't know when to stop.

bros Abuja na my state oo and I won't be happy with anybody whose actions and inactions led to the destruction of properties by hoodlooms.

kuje suffered alot from the last one with the destruction of properties owned by innocent people.
[/s]

#EndSARS
#EndNIGERIA

NIGERIA is not working.
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by lexy2014: 9:18am On Nov 02, 2020
jumper524:
alright keep protesting and keep giving hoodlums the chance to loot private citizens maybe then you'll be ok.
probably u are one of the hoodlooms or your yet to suffer any casualties that's why u speak with your heart and emotions not with your brains..

All u said doesn't in any way answer d questions I asked:

"How many years should it take for d govt to "react"?

U are using d word "we". Who is d "we"?"
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by lexy2014: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2020
Wettoid123:
There is interior motive behind this ones, wanting to be endsars leader is what they are targeting it won't work for them cos govt is already listening to the earlier endsars protesters

How's d govt "listening to earlier endsars protests"?

There's presently reports of military brutality taking place in Rivers State. Y are d military still involved in gross human rights violations in Rivers State when d endsars protests is still fresh? Has d govt u are defending not learnt anything yet? If d govt is listening how come this is happening in Rivers State?

Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by SpicyMimi(f): 9:21am On Nov 02, 2020
Clouts chasers! And you really want to run for presidency? You violating the laws shows you are no fit to be one.
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by jumper524(m): 9:22am On Nov 02, 2020
lexy2014:

All u said doesn't in any way answer d questions I asked:

"How many years should it take for d govt to "react"?

we would never had protested if the govt did what was right in 2019 but however we've protested and made our presence felt in 2020. how then do they react to our demands if there's no space given?
SARS has already been disbanded and if you ask me it's the right step in the right direction, measures are being put in place to increase the salaries of police, let's give these govt time to act or are you happy with the activities of hoodlums in the country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by lexy2014: 9:24am On Nov 02, 2020
GavelSlam:

Or you descend on the likes of Sowore who is only thinking about himself.

Is that d thinking of d govt and it's supporters? Are u saying that govts solution to every protest is to "descend" on protesters? Are u saying that that is d reason we saw thugs/hoodlums attacking protesters in Benin, Abuja, Lagos and osogbo after d protesters refused to back down?
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by olumide4christ: 9:26am On Nov 02, 2020
Mycoin:

Let us talk about trust.
Many have said despite the things the government have done protesters should continue to hold the country to ransom because the government cannot be trusted.
The similitude of this is that I have been owing you money and I have been promising and failing. One day you hold me by my trousers on the road and say I must pay. I agree to pay you, even gave you my phone to hold until I do, but I need to reach into my car and get my credit card, then go to the ATM to withdraw your money.
I go ahead and say you can follow me. A third party you trust can come also. All I need is for you to allow me get to the car and collect my card and then pick up the money. I even go ahead to say ok choose anyone to come with me and even hold me by the trouser until I withdraw the money, in case you are not chanced.
But you say no. I must give you your money while we are at the middle of the road or we will continue to be there. Does this make any sense?
Matter of fact your kids begin to cry from hunger and the whole road is held up no one can move, a pregnant woman and her baby even died but you say no; you will not appoint anyone to ensure I get my card and pay you right away, you will not allow anyone pass even medical emergencies, all because you don't trust me.
At some point I say ok let me do transfer, at least I have my phone on me, you said no, I agreed to transfer too fast maybe it is fake alert. Ok, let me borrow from someone close by to pay you, you say no I don't use to pay debt, you don't want me to be owing the person as I owed you. Then you started making demands, I will agree to them and you will make more. At some point you started saying even if you pay me now I still have other issues with you that I can't count so we will be here until these issues I have not articulated are all dealt with.
You do know that at some point I will remember you do not really have right to hold me right? And at some point I will feel you are actually not trying to get your money, you just want to embarrass me.
I know your eyes caught the part of not having right so let me address it. I have heard so many people saying peaceful protest, peaceful protest but these protests are not peaceful because peace is not the absence of fighting, it is the absence of DISTURBANCE.
To give credence to this argument I will refer you to the Criminal Code, Section 101 which says that a Justice of Peace or Police man of some ranking may command any assembly of people "likely to cause DISTURBANCE" to disperse and they must obey. Note that the section says this applies even for lawful gatherings.
Read further, Section 102 says should they not leave, the Police is allowed to use "FORCE" to disperse them. And it gets worse. Section 73 says a Policeman "shall NOT be liable in any criminal or civil proceeding for having, by the use of force, caused harm or death of any person". The Police Act even says how and where the protesters can be shot.
YET this government has warned Police against use of force. They are even prosecuting those who use force! Yet all they get in reply is insult and accusations. But my only fear is that just like the person in the scenario I painted, it gets somewhere and the government will also remember its rights too. Then in exercising them excesses will also apply.
So I am asking, why not constitute yourself into a Civil Society and monitor the implementation of all the government has started doing and promised to do as YOU HAVE EVEN BEEN INVITED TO DO? Why push your luck too far? Why do we choose anarchy over a solution? Why not win the battle you said you want to win?
Is it insincerity or is it lack of clear knowledge of what you are doing?

Sir...thumbs up for you!
Your illustration makes a whole lot of sense and truly depicts what happened in our country last month.

We told them these things repeatedly but it fell on deaf ears.

I hope our "peaceful protesters", their sponsors and supporters will borrow sense for once. It's not expensive!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by GavelSlam: 9:27am On Nov 02, 2020
lexy2014:

Is that d thinking of d govt and it's supporters? Are u saying that govts solution to every protest is to "descend" on protesters? Are u saying that that is d reason we saw thugs/hoodlums attacking protesters in Benin, Abuja, Lagos and osogbo after d protesters refused to back down?

Sowore's action is not protest.

If I cannot go about my business because of his selfishness, I would descend on him.
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by lexy2014: 9:27am On Nov 02, 2020
jumper524:

we would never had protested if the govt did what was right in 2019 but however we've protested and made our presence felt in 2020. how then do they react to our demands if there's no space given?
SARS has already been disbanded and if you ask me it's the right step in the right direction, measures are being put in place to increase the salaries of police, let's give these govt time to act or are you happy with the activities of hoodlums in the country?

U still trying to be selective and deflective.

If d govt didn't implement d report of a committee it set up, why would it take d demands of d protesters serious? Does this govt take its own campaign promises and it's constitutional responsibilities to d Nigeria serious? Does this govt keep to it's word?

Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by lexy2014: 9:28am On Nov 02, 2020
GavelSlam:

Sowore's action is not protest.

If I cannot go about my business because of his selfishness, I would descend on him.

U didn't answer d questions I asked:

Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2020
jumper524:

you have been giving this government time since 2015, you are still giving them time till now, you are a duplicate mumu. Now that Abuja is your state, and buhari is your governor, we demand Good government not miscreants like you
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by hotseat: 9:33am On Nov 02, 2020
At least, our so-called leaders need to be kept on their toes. I consider the actions of the duo as a plain reminder that it is not over until those concessions made to the #EndSARS protesters nay Nigerians are fully implemented without prevarications and dilly dallying. Those vested with the responsibility of doing the needful must get to work now! To sweep those issues under the carpet would amount to the protests ending in futility and in vain. Truth must be told to power!
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by BigBashiru: 9:39am On Nov 02, 2020
MrALIVE:
give the government which time? A government that has not shown sincerity of purpose.

And a government that has promised to end sars in the past but never ended it.
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by tsagir(m): 9:42am On Nov 02, 2020
NIGERIAN WILL NOT LISTEN YOU NOW
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by Jostoman: 9:54am On Nov 02, 2020
jalaludeen1:
This are the politicians hiding under #EndSARS protest
forget that thing oga, look at the way they are using us to catch fun, Sanwo olu said he is not in charge of army but army said it was Sanwo olu that invited them to lekki tollgate and you are here talking rubbish.
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by lexy2014: 9:58am On Nov 02, 2020
Mycoin:

Let us talk about trust.
Many have said despite the things the government have done protesters should continue to hold the country to ransom because the government cannot be trusted.
The similitude of this is that I have been owing you money and I have been promising and failing. One day you hold me by my trousers on the road and say I must pay. I agree to pay you, even gave you my phone to hold until I do, but I need to reach into my car and get my credit card, then go to the ATM to withdraw your money.
I go ahead and say you can follow me. A third party you trust can come also. All I need is for you to allow me get to the car and collect my card and then pick up the money. I even go ahead to say ok choose anyone to come with me and even hold me by the trouser until I withdraw the money, in case you are not chanced.
But you say no. I must give you your money while we are at the middle of the road or we will continue to be there. Does this make any sense?
Matter of fact your kids begin to cry from hunger and the whole road is held up no one can move, a pregnant woman and her baby even died but you say no; you will not appoint anyone to ensure I get my card and pay you right away, you will not allow anyone pass even medical emergencies, all because you don't trust me.
At some point I say ok let me do transfer, at least I have my phone on me, you said no, I agreed to transfer too fast maybe it is fake alert. Ok, let me borrow from someone close by to pay you, you say no I don't use to pay debt, you don't want me to be owing the person as I owed you. Then you started making demands, I will agree to them and you will make more. At some point you started saying even if you pay me now I still have other issues with you that I can't count so we will be here until these issues I have not articulated are all dealt with.
You do know that at some point I will remember you do not really have right to hold me right? And at some point I will feel you are actually not trying to get your money, you just want to embarrass me.
I know your eyes caught the part of not having right so let me address it. I have heard so many people saying peaceful protest, peaceful protest but these protests are not peaceful because peace is not the absence of fighting, it is the absence of DISTURBANCE.
To give credence to this argument I will refer you to the Criminal Code, Section 101 which says that a Justice of Peace or Police man of some ranking may command any assembly of people "likely to cause DISTURBANCE" to disperse and they must obey. Note that the section says this applies even for lawful gatherings.
Read further, Section 102 says should they not leave, the Police is allowed to use "FORCE" to disperse them. And it gets worse. Section 73 says a Policeman "shall NOT be liable in any criminal or civil proceeding for having, by the use of force, caused harm or death of any person". The Police Act even says how and where the protesters can be shot.
YET this government has warned Police against use of force. They are even prosecuting those who use force! Yet all they get in reply is insult and accusations. But my only fear is that just like the person in the scenario I painted, it gets somewhere and the government will also remember its rights too. Then in exercising them excesses will also apply.
So I am asking, why not constitute yourself into a Civil Society and monitor the implementation of all the government has started doing and promised to do as YOU HAVE EVEN BEEN INVITED TO DO? Why push your luck too far? Why do we choose anarchy over a solution? Why not win the battle you said you want to win?

Based on ur analogy, how did d protesters hold d country to ransom? Are u aware that in June 2019, buhari received a report on SARS reforms? Are u aware that d recommendations of d report are similar to that of d endsars protesters? Pls y did d govt of buhari not implement this report all this while? Is it endsars protesters that prevented d govt from implementing d report since last year? If d govt had implemented this report, would we have had an endsars protests in 2020?

According to section 14(2b) of d constitution, "the SECURITY and WELFARE of the people is the primary purpose of government".

Pls, how has this govt delivered on this constitutional responsibilities since 2015? Is it endsars protesters that prevented d govt from delivering on it's constitutional mandate to Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by omotomki: 10:27am On Nov 02, 2020
Mycoin:

Watch as how they will come for your head for saying the truth or saying your opinion.They can curse your entire generation lol

et us talk about trust.
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by Mayng01(m): 10:31am On Nov 02, 2020
See as the lapolicia they look dem like mumu
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by Christafarian(m): 10:58am On Nov 02, 2020
MrALIVE:
give the government which time? A government that has not shown sincerity of purpose.
You dey mind that MUMU? It's the dead vulture Bbqgrills guy with another moniker.

Simply ignore the nitwit.
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by morgstreme: 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2020
lindareep:
You see the government have relaxed to work on our demands... Thinking they've won, and feel there is nothing we can do again.

They kept us quiet and even want to take over the social media...someone will ask " Is it part of our demand?"

They know that another protest is coming soon and what they are doing now is planning for their defence.

I quote in peace!

ONLY Protests change NOTHING for the better,kid...
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by Seyzcham91(m): 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
na only you get sense for this thread bro! i like you! exactly what i support as wella

cuz by now the government would be like we don tire and we no dey protest again cuz dem scare us with the lekki shooting

but with this act of resilience by sowore and the likes it it changes that orientation
kb83:
Now thats called resilience, Good job.
Re: Deji Adeyanju, Sowore, Others Continue #EndSARS Protest In Abuja (Photos, Video) by hybridblood07(m): 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
It's like Sowore wants to spend months in the jail abi. He should just focus on better things for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N2.5B Found In Stella Oduah’s Housemaid’s Account / Aisha Currently With Buhari In London Abuja House – Source / Buhari Receives Ogiame Ikenwoli, Olu Of Warri In Aso Rock Villa - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.