Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime (20629 Views)

See What Happened To My Generator When I checked This Morning / Lagos Corper, Eniola: How SARS Harassed And Extorted Me / Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by iamakbar(m): 9:25am On Nov 02, 2020
One afternoon, I was attending a function with my Aunt. We were in an Uber. In the middle of a small traffic jam, we were approached by one scary looking armed man. I have anxiety issues, coupled with the fact that I have had multiple horrible experiences with SARS men in the past, so I immediately recognized them, and my heart started racing.

Out of nowhere, two other men, however wearing the black on black police uniform emerged. They pulled me out of the vehicle, requested my phone and forcefully made me unlock it. They searched through my phone, checked my emails and SMS alerts and found several financial transactions that were from my cryptocurrency investments. Immediately, I was labeled a criminal and fraudster. Before I could process what was going on, they dragged me onto an already-waiting motorcycle. That was when my palpitations got severe.

My Aunt was helpless as she was already late for her event. I would later realize that my dyed dreadlock hairstyle has been the reason for my previous arrests, as I am usually profiled on the basis of my hairstyle. I sat on the motorcycle with a gun bearing policeman behind me, and we rode to a police station about 2 kilometers away from my point of arrest. Upon entering the police station, my heart raced with fear, as I witnessed the torture of other young people like me. All along, I kept pleading that I was not a criminal, I presented my work ID card, one of the policemen grabbed it and flung it in the air. They grabbed me like a criminal and ordered me to pull off my shirt. They were armed, I was terrified, and I couldn’t object. They forced me to write a statement where I admitted that I was an internet fraudster. As if that was not enough, they also made a video of me with a mobile phone where I carried a placard, shirtless as I was. The placard had an inscription that says “Internet Fraudster”. I will never forget that moment.

My Aunt would later arrive with the Uber driver, and the negotiation for my release began. They asked if we wanted a quick settlement or we wanted the matter to escalate. We opted for a quick settlement, as I wouldn’t want to ever experience the cell, considering the torture over the counter was already way too horrible. Then they requested 2 Million Naira, or else I will be transferred into the cell. I objected and said I only had 20,000 Naira to spare. One of the armed policemen attempted to hit me with the edge of his gun. My sister, through the help of the Uber driver, went to the nearest ATM machine to withdraw cash, and I was eventually released. They didn’t delete the incriminating videos that were made of me. It still terrifies me whenever I remember that I am in some video somewhere where I have been forced to admit to being a fraudster. #StoriesIndeed

Samuel, 24
Site Manager, Lagos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGhOl26HfJY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by iamakbar(m): 9:26am On Nov 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Freestainworld(m): 9:49am On Nov 02, 2020
SARS and their horrible behavior

36 Likes

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Mowsid(m): 10:22am On Nov 02, 2020
Endsars and police brutality
that's how they killed one guy in Bwari, Abuja who just came back from Dubai for Service last month, before he could explain himself, he was shot all because he dressed nice and had an Iphone, the rest of his friends ran away, but unfortunately, two others were killed. No source of evidence of fraud or theft. The same guy was told not to come back for service yet, he refused, insisted he missed it over here, now he isn't going back and he isn't going in for service. What a country

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 02, 2020
this story is so sadden, Omo this police and sars matter is infringement of human right nah 2million?..as how when no caught in criminal act
thank God they are disbanded... they're even the criminals in broad daylight... bros just forget the matter and move on.. thanks for sharing your story

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Vanzcharles(m): 10:24am On Nov 02, 2020
The rate they call bail charges each time is kinda crazy. The SARS kidnaps the Nigerian citizens it is meant to protect. They label everyone a criminal less themselves meanwhile they are the greatest perpetrators who are involved in robbing, fraud, killing, rituals, kidnapping all sorts of evils.
An organization set up to protect its citizens are fighting its citizens.

Shame on Nigeria Police Force. They've failed us. For leaving a department like this unchecked. Will they say that they are blind/deaf to the complaints that were going on then. Thanks to the Endsars protesters.
It shows nobody has monopoly to destruction of lives and properties.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Lovelies1: 10:24am On Nov 02, 2020
Nigeria is a country were some poor fellows sees the rich as a threat to their dignity

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by jaymejate: 10:24am On Nov 02, 2020
But some people here on NL support them or believed they have been banned. And called #EndSars protest trash.

Some Nlanders disqust me

58 Likes

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Nickshrapnel: 10:24am On Nov 02, 2020
And there would be countless of other people with similar experience shocked I just hope they are really gone for good

7 Likes

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by samsard(m): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2020
Really sad that we have kidnappers in uniform.

2 Likes

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2020
this country is messes up guys i keep saying saying the best thing is to leave this country for greener pasture our leader has really failed us

7 Likes

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 02, 2020
when in ROME....

NL owner also supported them with some funny twitter comments about #ENDSARS protests in recent times - very disappointing

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by syluck(m): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2020
H
Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Franklyspeakin: 10:25am On Nov 02, 2020
SARS on d beat
Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by samsard(m): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2020
jaymejate:
But some people here on NL support them or believed they have been banned. And called #EndSars protest trash.

Some Nlanders disqust me
Pro government guys AKA BMC will always find a way to not find any fault in whatever the government does or neglects to do.

25 Likes

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Franklyspeakin: 10:25am On Nov 02, 2020
Hooligans
Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by lyriclekidd(m): 10:26am On Nov 02, 2020
Nawa oh
Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by OhBiafra: 10:26am On Nov 02, 2020
You get scared easily and you are doing "bad man" hairstyle?
I weak for people

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Ekakamba: 10:26am On Nov 02, 2020

The Government should reform the entire Police Force Service ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by ghettowriter(m): 10:27am On Nov 02, 2020
Ends sars forever . endswat

2 Likes

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 02, 2020
OK, but story looks like a fiction without basic facts like name of place of arrest, police station, ATM and at least one of those officers. How much they eventually collected.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Kingv(m): 10:27am On Nov 02, 2020
The devil lives in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Ianmaduka(m): 10:27am On Nov 02, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] see matter see baboon country
Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Lexusgs430: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2020
When we pay them like criminals, they act like criminals.....
Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Sonoyom(m): 10:31am On Nov 02, 2020
Those who support this evil acts will become victims someday #EndSars.

5 Likes

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by ceejayluv(m): 10:31am On Nov 02, 2020
R0kstarr8:
I wondered why we bringing up memory of sars on FrontPage... abi we still feared they would return
at cheaper price DM for your logo and flyer design
Those rogue officers are still in service. I support all such stories to be published so as to encourage past and future victims to speak out. Nigerians cannot keep being docile.

14 Likes

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Unik3030: 10:31am On Nov 02, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Abeg SAR has been disbanded, tired of hearing all these stories.

I am not saying your story is not true but since government said they will compensate SAR victims, people have been submitting lot of fake stories to the lagos state government
that is the problem with Nigeria,too many fake stories will kill the mission of the scheme the same way too many fake stories killed what really happened at Lekki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How SARS Checked My Alerts And Judged It A Crime by Bellotelli: 10:32am On Nov 02, 2020
Abeg make una allow us rest.. Abi SARS never end

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Sets Neighbour’s House On Fire For Rejecting His Sexual Advances / 07/07: Police Commissioner Warns Cultists To Steer Clear Of Lagos. / MerryBet: Dammy Krane Arraigned In Court, Granted N50k Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.