Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,145 members, 7,780,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:23 AM

Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested (67986 Views)

Protest In Ibadan over Economic Hardship, food inflation & high cost of living / Sunday Igboho's Supporters Protest In Ibadan Over DSS Raid (Photo) / Protests In Ibadan Over Alleged Secession Agenda Of Yoruba Nation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by IamHeWrites: 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
Oyo State Commissioner for Youth and Sports Development Seun Fakorede says the soldiers who were caught on camera flogging a woman for what they termed ‘indecent dressing’ in the state have been arrested, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Fakorede stated this in a Twitter thread on Monday.

The soldiers were deployed in the streets of Beere in Ibadan, Oyo State to curb the #EndSARS protest.

Tweeting about their arrest, the commissioner wrote:

My ears are full of news of the unlawful activities of some soldiers of the Nigerian Army over the weekend.

I have immediately reached out to the Commandant of the Operation Burst and I’ve been assured that the men involved in this distasteful operation have been arrested and taken to the barracks — they will be dealt with accordingly. This will not repeat itself again in Oyo State.

Please, kindly go about your daily business and activities without fear. Thank you.

https://twitter.com/TheSeunFakorede/status/1323179255417757697?s=19

In the video, some of the soldiers were seen mocking the woman by chanting ‘End SARS’.

The soldiers also reportedly shaved the hair of a young man with a a pair of scissors after flogging him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875POoCY3e8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by falcon01: 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2020
Nigeria don dey work

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by checkmatez: 4:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
falcon01:
Nigeria don dey work
...well well

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by amiibaby(f): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2020
Deal with the idio...t very well. Up next will be #ENDArmybrutality

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by obasi101(m): 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2020
SARS, SWAT AND ARMY all join together... They are terrorists... All!!! They terrorise and frustrate d lives of Innocent and harmless ppl. angry

Btw: if u watched d video.. after d video of d gal dat was flogged... D dude who got his hairs shaved.. his Yoruba is really something else... Hahhahahah... My chest abeg, Yoruba ppl,una four much abeg ...oloun! grin grin

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by sammysmiles(m): 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
Before tomorrow now dem go Don release am...

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by slawormiir: 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr

Throw his godamnn asss inside dungeon
Alot of no good sons of bitches out there in the Nigerian army
Na unarmed civilians body una for dey show muscle

Boko boys go dey use una count scores

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by NNEWIsuper: 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
I knew it will come to that.. Internet is a great tool against the military people

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by highskies(m): 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
Good

1 Like

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Evidence1000(m): 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is what happens in a country where most soldiers who join the military do not undergo full training but become soldiers as a result of connections.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by kunlesehan(m): 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
Good

His actions were uncalled for.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by flexd99(m): 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
Hope these are not just audio punishment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Wassapviews: 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
Social Media Is the New Power to the people,

Thank you Jack,
Thank you Mark Nsukkabread cheesy
Thank you Seun,
Thank you lala cheesy

43 Likes

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Mokason288(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
That solider nah real over sabi house boy ... Nah Boko Haram fit these useless children

Nah these kind soldier make Desmond call us children

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by docjuli(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ok
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Risingsunn: 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
But they dos not parade the soldier na. How do you want us to believe that he will be dealt with?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Lovelies1: 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
You see this is part of a stupid and ?? community fill with sharia thinking

End sharia law anywhere

But then what a uniform man, him alone his the judge, prosecutor insuch ha

On a serious note, this is how people buy problem. What if the husband of the lady is a monster on his own.

After beating her, she reports to her husband or her people. Her husband or her people comes for the head of this soldier. This is how another case to settle start.

Please end sharia law everywhere

Let's progress to civilization

8 Likes

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
Na wa
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by docjuli(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
flexd99:
Hope these are not just audio punishment

Wehdone

1 Like

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by kingsmac(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
I hope this is true.
Too fast to be true.

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by oluwaseyi0: 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
They only arrest them when they are caught on social media otherwise nothing will happen

The hypocrisy of our leaders and military is high to the heavens

Kudejo:

I have a question, If they are not caught on social media how will you or anyone know what the soilders/police have done?

People witness and make report but those reports are dismissed and even the reporter punished

Only social media report is taken serious, anything not on social media is considered never to have happened no matter how heinous it is

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by docjuli(m): 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
Evidence1000:
Y

wehdone
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by GidiCars: 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
If you believe this, DM me, I have a bridge to sell you.

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
IamHeWrites:
Oyo State Commissioner for Youth and Sports Development Seun Fakorede says the soldiers who were caught on camera flogging a woman for what they termed ‘indecent dressing’ in the state have been arrested, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Fakorede stated this in a Twitter thread on Monday.

The soldiers were deployed in the streets of Beere in Ibadan, Oyo State to curb the #EndSARS protest.

Tweeting about their arrest, the commissioner wrote:

https://twitter.com/TheSeunFakorede/status/1323179255417757697?s=19

In the video, some of the soldiers were seen mocking the woman by chanting ‘End SARS’.

The soldiers also reportedly shaved the hair of a young man with a a pair of scissors after flogging him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875POoCY3e8

I think Nigeria is becoming a better place. It's time we kicked against legalized looting by our politicians. Politicians salaries and allowances must be reduced

1 Like

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Yankee101: 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
Even animals are treated better than this in some countries
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by deliveryboy: 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
Why don’t male victims get such swift judgements. If a man is beaten/flogged or harassed no one does anything about it.

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by docjuli(m): 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
oluwaseyi0:
G
Wehdone
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by humilitypays(m): 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
Dismiss him and court martial him for life jail.

Arresting him alone is not enough. If he is not dismissed and jailed, other soldiers will do same. But if you dismiss him and jail him, other soldiers will hear it and learn.

Our civilian leaders (Governors, Senators, Ministers, President) are senseless.

It is easy to tame these animals in uniform turning Nigeria to a slaughter house from East to west to North

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by tyup(m): 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
When I saw the Video I knew the Day wouldn't end without them getting arrested or court Marshalled.

Meanwhile; No Igbo, SS governors or Politicians and their Elite folks in General has come out openly to condemn the on going Dastardly military operations going on in their Region. I atimes wonder what typa leader those regions are Blessed with. Anyways thank God I'm not from there sad

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Juju Priestesses At Edo Assembly, Curse Obaseki’s Enemies / NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) / Pro-Biafran Protest Turns Bloody In Aba (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.