Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers (46506 Views)

Peter Obi Tackles El-rufai, Says He Never Ordered Arrest Of Kaduna Gov / Sunday Igboho On Ondo Church Killings; I Envisaged Terrorists’ Attacks In South- / Message For Wike: American, Susan Mount, Calls Out Governor Over Oyigbo Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by MyopicMods: 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2020
NEVER ORDERED MILITARY TO KILL IGBOS IN OYIGBO, WIKE

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has described the allegation that he ordered the Nigerian Army to kill Igbos in Oyigbo Local Government Area, as a politically motivated falsehood.

He maintained that curfew was imposed in Oyigbo to restore calm after members of proscribed Indigenous Peoples Organisations of Biafra (IPOB) killed 6 soldiers, 4 policemen and destroyed all police stations and court buildings there.

Governor Wike gave the explanation on a live television programme in Port Harcourt on Monday.

He said t1he narrative that Igbos were being killed by the military is intended to shift attention from the despicable activities of IPOB in Oyigbo, which is a boundary area adjoining Abia State.
"I know that this is not the first time, IPOB has used Oyigbo as launching ground. The security agencies are aware. IPOB added a new dimension this time. They killed 6 Army Officers and burnt one. They killed four Police Officers. They destroyed all the Police Stations and Court Buildings. What offense did we commit as a state?

"I imposed curfew to restore calm. I proscribed IPOB activities anywhere in the state. Don't forget that the Federal Government had declared them a terrorist group. It is not the entire Igbos that believes in IPOB activities.

"So, it's not true that I order the military to kill Igbos in Oyigbo. When did I become a friend to the military? So what about the Igbos living elsewhere in the state are they also being killed?”

He further said: “I have no relationship with the Army or the Police, I do not command them. They change Commissioner of Police every time. How will I begin to direct the Army that I do not give instruction”?

The Governor bemoaned IPOB’s effrontery to rename a local government in the State and hoist its flag in a public school in Komkom Town.
“I will not fold my arms and watch criminals destroy my state, if those few criminals are Igbos then they should know that I will not allow them. They made attempt to rename a local government in my state. That alone is a signal. I will not agree to that. I know who is doing all these; who has told them to rise, protest against Wike.”

The Governor stated that the State government has no regret against its stance on IPOB, already designated as a terrorist organisation by the Federal Government. According to him, even the South-East Governors have never supported IPOB and wondered why a Governor from the Niger Delta should tolerate the group.

He revealed that security agencies during their search of some residents in Oyigbo, saw shrines with IPOB flags and Nnamdi Kanu’s picture. He maintained that if IPOB is allowed to operate from Oyigbo, they will soon overrun the State.
The Governor said the government has commenced moves to replace all the property destroyed by the group during the protest, regretting that the damage have left huge financial burden on the state. In addition, he said the State has decided to compensate each family of the killed security personnel with 20 million Naira to cater to for the welfare of the bereaved widows and their children.

He further said that the EndSARS protest and its aftermath would have been averted if the Federal Government had not dismissed the alarmed he earlier raised on the activities of SARS to mere politics.

"These loses of the aftermath of the protest are unfortunate. Recall that we started the cry against operations of SARS. We asked for reform. But they politicised the issue because they use it to kill and intimidate us.

"Here, the minister always used SARS to cause mayhem under the leadership of Akin Fakorede. We suffered a great deal. At a time, the entire National Assembly Election was cancelled. But we put faith in God who owns the state. We triumphed eventually”, he said.

Kelvin Ebiri
Special Assistant (Media) to the Governor.
November 02, 2020.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2322305484580296&id=672482079562653

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by sarahkom: 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2020
Time to lament

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by RedPhoenix: 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2020
Tell them. Lazy cowards.

They stoked a war, started a fight they didn't have a strategy on how to finish, when challenged with the consequences of their ill-planned actions, they then begin to throw accusations around.

Go and check the record, Rivers have always had an unfriendly posture with Police and army throughout Wike's tenure.

IPOB made Oyigbo, Rivers a security threat by inviting outside forces to the region and when things go aflame, they begin to cry aloof, Wike this, Wike that.

Cross over to Abia and begin to kill armies and then summon Ikpeazu to summon the navy to fight the army.

I'll educated miscreants.

It has become glaring that some ethic jingoistic of the SE extraction has been brandishing false narratives of events that occurred. And claiming all sorts of nonsense.

If you can't abide by the laws of any land you feel isn't homeland, go home. Return home and go and be lawless there. Nuisance

You want Eungu preserved by all means but want Rivers to burn.

Foolish things. We won't allow you control the narrative with your so called " blessedness" that people want you down because they have fear for you.

There are more igbos in PH, than in Oyigbo. They are not been killed.

We won't tell you to stop the false information peddling, but will tell you to return to where you call home and feel safe at home and go and be completely lawless there and see if the consequences of lawlessness won't reach you regardless of location.

Miscreants

#TruthSeekers

DISCLAIMER :

IPOB Must be held accountable for everything happening in/at Oyigbo

I will never allow them to mess Rivers state up though I'm not from Rivers, have never stepped foot on Rivers soil, don't have any relative or friends from Rivers. But I'm intelligent enough to look at facts and speak the truth without fear of losing friends even business associates. The truth is my path. I have hardly met anyone from Rivers and have always considered my igbo brothers as my brothers and all my life have always held a pro-igbo stance. From today, I'm throwing it away. I won't appease a people who are intolerant of people they consider different from them who try to drown the voices of others with their false ethnic colored Propaganda.

I won't tolerate it. IPOB invited the Nigerian Army to Oyigbo and are the enemies of the igbos, not persons who are non-igbo.

False narratives when people with a situation to depict an entire event which as intelligent people should know isn't always as portrayed.

Condolences to the bereaved. Utmost respect to the dead and we must never allow the dead go to the grave without grieving with the mourning. We will however not let this hijacked by persons who have I'll societal objectives.

No

No one is happy about the deaths of youths, male or female. However, we must promote file narrative of events

IPOB must be held responsible for the deaths in Oyigbo. It's IPOB

116 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2020
This Ikwerre man you are a bloody liar.

The Order to shoot at sight any Igbo seen in Rivers state by military was given by who? Are you not the Governor of Rivers state again?

Even the security agencies went as far not looking for Ipob members but torturing any Igbo they come across to a point that the streets are now soaked in blood.

As we speak no Igbo man is now walking freely on streets of Rivers state because of the shoot at sight order.

Just Yesterday a girl by name Queen Nwazuo was gunned down in her fiancee Shop Just because she is Igbo while the said fiance an Ogoni man was left untouched.

These are cases, one of so many cases currently happening on the order of Governor Nyesom Wike ( Idi Amin of our time).

I just don't know why Ikwerre people are hell bent on exterminating Igbos from the surface of this earth.

May the souls of departed rest in the bosom of our Lord as they continue to cry for justice

242 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by RedPhoenix: 5:37pm On Nov 02, 2020
Juliusmalema:
This Ikwerre man you are a bloody liar

I'm not even from Rivers not have the slightest tie or relationship neither have I ever set foot on or in Rivers. We won't let the typical loudness of the sentimental ethnic jingoistic depict false narrative of events to control and dominate. Never.

Igbos has been my closest buddies in business and friendships. But for the sakes of it. If you won't live peacefully outside home without the false narratives. Go back home. It's allowed.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 02, 2020
Governor wike, we the Great Igbo youths are busy watching you afar off, remember you have millions of Naira bounty placs over your head, a lot of youths are working so tirelessly just to grab that money, Remember what the Karma says.

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by History555: 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2020
RedPhoenix:

I'm not even from Rivers not have the slightest tie or relationship neither have I ever set foot on or in Rivers. We won't let the typical loudness of the sentimental ethnic jingoistic depict false narrative of events to control and dominate. Never.

Ignored has been my closest buddies in business and friendships. But for the sakes of it. If you won't live peacefully outside home without the false narratives. Go back home. It's allowed.

Was he talking to you. Abi you are now ikwerre

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by RedPhoenix: 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2020
History555:

Was he talking to you. Abi you are now ikwerre

Hahaha. I will never let the igbos promote a false narrative of events. Never. They started what they couldn't finish, when the consequences came, they're heaping blames.

I'm permanently reconsidering my relations with all igbos despite having igbo blood in my gene from today. I won't tolerate nonsense. Nobody feed me.

47 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 02, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Ignored has been my closest buddies in business and friendships. But for the sakes of it. If you won't live peacefully outside home without the false narratives. Go back home. It's allowed.

You are just making noise.

So people should continue to be slaughtered because one man gave order for such to be?

How is he different from buhari?

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by giftedben: 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Tell them. Lazy cowards.

They stoked a war, started a fight they didn't have a strategy on how to finish, when challenged with the consequences of their ill-planned actions, they then begin to throw accusations around.

Go and check the record, Rivers have always had an unfriendly posture with Police and army throughout Wike's tenure.

IPOB made Oyigbo, Rivers a security threat by inviting outside forces to the region and when things go aflame, they begin to cry aloof, Wike this, Wike that.

Cross over to Abia and begin to kill armies and then summon Ikpeazu to summon the navy to fight the army.

It has become glaring that some ethic jingoistic of the SE extraction has been brandishing false narratives of events that occurred. And claiming all sorts of nonsense.

If you can't abide by the laws of any land you feel isn't homeland, go home. Return home and go and be lawless there. Nuisance

Foolish things. We won't allow you control the narrative with your so called " blessedness" that people want you down because they have fear for you.

We won't tell you to stop the false information peddling, but will tell you to return to where you call home and feel safe at home and go and be completely lawless there and see if the consequences of lawlessness won't reach you regardless of location.

Miscreants

#TruthSeekers

See this fulani man. You think we don't know you.
Port-harcourt is now owned by one tribe.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by Dande55: 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2020
[s]
RedPhoenix:

Hahaha. I will never low the igbos promote a false narrative of events. Never. They started what they couldn't finish, when the consequences came, they're heaping blames.

I'm permanently reconsidering my relations with all igbos despite having igbo blood in my gene from today. I won't tolerate nonsense. Nobody feed me.
[/s]

29 Likes

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by History555: 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Hahaha. I will never low the igbos promote a false narrative of events. Never. They started what they couldn't finish, when the consequences came, they're heaping blames.

You are not lgbo and don't have any lgbo gene. You are from kwara. Be proud of your ethnicity

129 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by RedPhoenix: 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2020
giftedben:

See this fulani man. You think we don't know you.
Port-harcourt is now owned by one tribe.

False news tale bearers. Na where my e-rat poison dey sef

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Wipe off the blood, it has no meaning to an average Igbo man.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by Muna4real(f): 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2020
Wike is stupid to make that useless and meaningless statement. If you are not killing igbos, then who are those young men and women that are killed daily in Oyigbo? Are they not igbos? Do you think that tagging them ipob will prevent us from knowing the truth?

130 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by Fahdiga(m): 5:52pm On Nov 02, 2020
Wike I thought that you are not afraid of anything. why are you suddenly denying what you masterminded. continue in your madness why Yoruba Muslims cheer you on. one day shall be one day

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by IKBARUTEN11(m): 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2020
Wike the man on another genocide mission

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by History555: 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2020
How can lpob rename a local government. Are they the state assembly. Did they change the letter head of the local government or the accounts of the lg.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2020
Shut up Wike! We know you and we have seen ur stupidity. If you think Oyingbo activities will ever be forgotten, then you are mad.

At the approximate time we will remind you that any Igbo blood is sacred.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Whatever. You're off no significance for your absence to worry anyone. Your presence made no impact. We've reached our toleration limits.

Wipe off the blood, it has no meaning to an average Igbo man.

Clear every single igbo trait off Mr

Make we rest....Imagine nonsense.

27 Likes

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
RedPhoenix:

We will wait for that day to come on the other side of the Niger. Anyway, anytime.

You are a noise maker.

Go to hospital and pipe out the Igbo blood u say u get.

If your mum is igbo then wipe her off or even decapitate her so you can have peace.

Or is it hard again to do

42 Likes

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by sapientia(m): 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2020
AIT is a joke.

They were busy asking Wike speculations that gave him room to lie.

Instead of asking him real questions like.

How long have Oyigbo been on 24 hour curfew?

Are all the dead bodies we see on social media dead Ipob members?

How do Army know who is an Ipob member?

Even if they have informants, what's guarantee that they will not just turn on their past enemies and set them up?

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by michelz: 6:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
I still feel that the bulk of the blame of all these should be put on Nnamdi Kanu.
He lost it completely and has proven that he's not a good strategist. At every point during his leadership of IPOB, his members have lost their lives mainly as a result of his unbridled mouth and tendency to create trouble and enemies for himself and his people.
Why did he have to high jack the end SARS protest? Not only did he highjack it,he decided to turn it into a tribal and violent process.
A wise leader would have instructed his followers to stand down after the pronouncement of Wike,and would have found a way to reach out to Wike diplomatically. But no. Not Nnamdi Kanu,the self-proffessed all-knowing leader.
Even if they later find a way to get back at Wike,does it compensate for the several lives lost at Obigbo or the despise and loss of goodwill he has once again brought upon IPOB members?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Sensational emotional Fake news, to hell with the mischievous objective of the Op with its armatuerish gaslighting attempt.

Concerning the issues in/at Oyigbo

It has come to our notice that certain persons without good intention are promoting false narratives of events.

. It is not unusual in violent areas for the military to conduct their checks however rough because they're partially operating under an unofficial " Marshall State " to restore order.

Tell them. Lazy cowards.

Miscreants

DISCLAIMER :

IPOB Must be held accountable for everything happening in/at Oyigbo

I will never allow them to mess Rivers state up though I'm not from Rivers, have never stepped foot on Rivers soil, don't have any relative or friends from Rivers. But I'm intelligent enough to look at facts and speak the truth without fear of losing friends even business associates. The truth is my path. I have hardly met anyone from Rivers and have always considered my igbo brothers as my brothers and all my life have always held a pro-igbo stance. From today, I'm throwing it away. I won't appease a people who are intolerant of people they consider different from them who try to drown the voices of others with their false ethnic colored Propaganda.

I won't tolerate it. IPOB invited the Nigerian Army to Oyigbo and are the enemies of the igbos, not persons who are non-igbo.

False narratives when people with a situation to depict an entire event which as intelligent people should know isn't always as portrayed.

Condolences to the bereaved. Utmost respect to the dead and we must never allow the dead go to the grave without grieving with the mourning. We will however not let this hijacked by persons who have I'll societal objectives.

No

No one is happy about the deaths of youths, male or female. However, we must promote file narrative of events

IPOB must be held responsible for the deaths in Oyigbo. It's IPOB

Wow! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by HAPPINESSSS(f): 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
HAPPINESS IS HERE grin

GOV WIKE I BELIEVE YOU,
AND THIS IS MY FIRST COMMENT ON THIS ISSUE,
,I HAVE MAKE CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THE ISSUE,AND I CAN SAY THAT THE WHOLE THING IS NOT WHAT THE ENEMIES OF RIVERS STATE ARE PAINTING IT TO BE,
SO SPEAK OUT FOR MORE CLARIFICATION.

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by kennyflames(m): 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
Sometimes i wonder if wike is truly a South south man

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by Patrickyemi: 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
Lies

5 Likes

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by JoeEeL(m): 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
Hahaa, the fuckermother is getting jittery. The stupiid man is following the template of the Lagos state governor. It's now obvious how these guys work: invite army to kill their own people; then deny afterwards inorder not to face int'l criminal charges or visa restrictions. In one of my earlier posts, I said southern governors were the worst in Nigeria and I stand by it. cool

Solomon, in all his prosperity, said he'll first choose peace even if it meant him being at the top-corner of his rooftop.

Some past rulers and ministers hav been able to handle their ill-gotten prosperity, power and combine with peace. If you tread carefully, all 3 are achievable.

But then if you're moronic like this governor, you'll let power intoxicate you to the extent that your peace will be gone. It's a lifelong torture and the bridges already look burned. Man seems to be regretting his actions now. That being said, Nigeria is a joke of a country. Soldiers act anyhow, police act anyhow, governors act anyhow. Are there not constitutional checks to the power these people wield? In this 21st century, imagine? Lawyers pls what do you study in school that all these things keep happening?

Las las, Wike, that same IPOB go still reason your matter in full. I don't know how they do it but they never end.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by DenreleDave(m): 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
The Governor bemoaned IPOB’s effrontery to rename a local government in the State and hoist its flag in a public school in Komkom Town.
“I will not fold my arms and watch criminals destroy my state, if those few criminals are Igbos then they should know that I will not allow them. They made attempt to rename a local government in my state. That alone is a signal. I will not agree to that. I know who is doing all these; who has told them to rise, protest against Wike.”

If this is true, then I will fight against such.. Why host a proscribed group flag in another man state?

He revealed that security agencies during their search of some residents in Oyigbo, saw shrines with IPOB flags and Nnamdi Kanu’s picture. He maintained that if IPOB is allowed to operate from Oyigbo, they will soon overrun the State.

So some people created a shrine to worhsip Kanu.. Brainwashing gone wrong grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers by Chijeep(m): 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Mocks Amaechi Over Tinubu Victory.Give Accolades To Gov. Wike (vid) / Taiwo Obasanjo In Court To Stop Her Son, Olujonwo Obasanjo's Wedding / Ex-commissioner Snubs His Brother In Bayelsa. See What Happened Next. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.