Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? (4470 Views)

Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC / IMO PDP GUBER: Who Has The Ticket? / Anambra Guber: Who Killed Soludo? Bysteve Osuji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by ezecharles(m): 2:00pm On Mar 13, 2011
My fellow imo people, am being curious about this April elections in our state.
Almost all of the guber aspirants have one or two or many question tags against/beside their names.
OBJ already called Ararume a "killer" here in Dan Anyiam stadium in presence of all of us.
He(Ararume) spent 8 good years in the senate house without any visible achievement.
It was argued that he collaborated with the former governor Achike Udenwa to loot sate funds.
It is also in the limelight that he bribed some youths intended to work against the present administration.
As for the incumbent governor, even though he is not the worst in the country, i won't say that he is the best.
Rochas has also been tagged an Occultic (Ogboni man), so many things to talk aboutt!
All others have one problem or another, we are confused.
Who are we following? who is good to lead us? the devil we know or the angel we 've not seen?

Onye ka-anyi ga-eso?

Who is best for us among these politicians and why?
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by AndreUweh(m): 2:11pm On Mar 13, 2011
Emeka Nwajiuba.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by ezecharles(m): 2:30pm On Mar 13, 2011
@Andre Uwe,
Whats ur reasons?
Is it not the same Emeka nwajiuba that promised nothing but free sandals for primary school students?
I watched him over the T.V Screen during the NUJ Governorship debate, he was asked how he is going to achieve that and he said that he will learn on the job.
So is our government house now a place for trial and error? or where people can go to learn how to lead and execute?
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by wesley80(m): 2:37pm On Mar 13, 2011
One thing that always got my attention in the Imo guber race has always been the number of reputable candidates that always line up whenever the governorship race is on. At one time the likes of Odimegwu of Nigrn Brewery, Ezenna of Orange Drugs, Agbaso, Ararume and a couple of other big names where vying for the seat- heard Rochas is going for it this time. Strangely though, the least known/qualified always seem to get the prize. Spare a thot for Delta though, whose most qualified citizen thinks its the presidency or nothing.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by AndreUweh(m): 2:50pm On Mar 13, 2011
ezecharles:

@Andre Uwe,
Whats your reasons?
Is it not the same Emeka nwajiuba that promised nothing but free sandals for primary school students?
I watched him over the T.V Screen during the NUJ Governorship debate, he was asked how he is going to achieve that and he said that he will learn on the job.
So is our government house now a place for trial and error? or where people can go to learn how to lead and execute?
Which debate are you chatting about here. Is it the one shown on Channels Tv last week?. He was absent at that interview.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by AndreUweh(m): 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
Ndi Imo, this is your man.

Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by ezecharles(m): 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2011
who told you he wasnt there? hope you are not trying to side him. coz if you do, i will make his own dirty profile public.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by Odunnu: 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2011
Oh good people of Imo state, vote Owelle Rochas Okorocha or you wander aimlessly for another 4years
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by AndreUweh(m): 3:13pm On Mar 13, 2011
ezecharles:

who told you he wasnt there? hope you are not trying to side him. coz if you do, i will make his own dirty profile public.
I am not here to campaign for any of the guber candidates. The poster wanted our choices and I put forward my choice. Am more interested in seeing G.Ebere.J sail through for now than the state polls.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by ezecharles(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2011
Yes all of us want Goodluck for a fresh breath in 9ja. But why support Nwajiuba without a reason? We have to help ourselves, we need change in imo state. The question is who can do better? Personally am not convinced whether am going to vote in guber polls or not.

Rochas need to come out in public to dis-spell the rumours against his name about ogboni, and excess thuggery then we will believe him. Otherwise we wont vote him.

Coalcity governor remains the best for all i care. i love Chime!
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by Odunnu: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2011
Funny poster
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2011
Let's allow Ohakim finish his 4years after which an Owerri guy emerges.Imo is the most progressive state in the SE
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by iudoagwu(m): 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2011
The best thing that happened to Imo state was the emergence of Chief Ikedi Ohakim as Governor of the state. let us allow him continue his developmental strides. Ohakim is the best man for Imo state. God bless you all.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by Odunnu: 3:46pm On Mar 13, 2011
Where are all these new user IDs jumping out frm? Are you guys ths desperate?
SMH
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by andrewnwa: 4:50pm On Mar 13, 2011
Please if we are talking about a credible person, a man with vision, a man with aspiration, i think Dr Ikedi Ohakim is the right person. I'm saying this based on the structures on ground. I've lived in owerri for the past 8years now and i havnt seen such an administration like the Ohakim's. take a good look at the projects on ground, his vision, i think the 'Devil we know is better than the angel we dont know'. Lets not be deceived or used by all this politicians to spread false information about the Ohakim's administration.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by manuch(m): 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2011
ARARUME IS THE MAN
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by TochukwuC: 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2011
@Andrew, i think you are right.i have stayed in owerri all my life and believe me no government to be compared to Ohakim's administration.one thing i like about this man is that he appreciates hard work and he always implement his ideas not withstanding if he's under pressure.i can remember vividly,he banned the usuage of okada in owerri municipal when he was having a serious court case with Ararume.if it were to be other incompetent ones,they will first seek favour from the judges before they pass their mandate.that shows Ohakim is a real man that needs no favour from anyone.he has all the credit to be re-elected.Go Ohakim, you are  naturally born to be a leader
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by macjive01: 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2011
chei! i dont have the photo of his house here with me. what kind of honest hard working man builds a house with three helipads, abeg ?

one reserved for the presidency or person of international repute,

another for "going"

the other for "coming"

?? ?? ? ? ? ?

GOV IKEDIA OHAKIM
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by macjive01: 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2011
Ohakim booed at Imo Guber Debate

Ikedi Ohakim
The public debate yesterday at the hallowed grounds of the Assumpta Cathedral in Owerri between the trio of Governor Ikedi Ohakim (PDP), Chief Rochas Okorocha (APGA) and Chief Ifeanyikwu Ararume (ACN) and few other minor candidates, all gubernatorial candidates in the April polls, has been described by many who attended as a big and embarrassing loss for Gov Ohakim.

A lot of people observed with evident glee as Governor Ohakim was being booed each time he wanted to speak. And this was in contrast with when Rochas enthralled the crowd with his oratory and received resounding ovations, followed by Ararume. One PDP sympathiser told this reporter that he felt "sorry for the Governor, especially when my wife who was with me began to weep and was muttering that Ohakim has already lost the election for PDP".

An eye-witness to the debate and political commentator, Dr Fabian Echeruo who spoke to this reporter said that "I was shocked at the level of anti Ohakim sentiments that showed on the faces and voices of most people at the debate. And to think that it was Ohakim's own turf made it even worse for the Governor. Anyone who observed Ohakim from a vantage point, like I did, will agree that the Governor was very uncomfortable, angry, nervous, somewhat terrified, and sweated profusely, unlike Rochas Okorocha and Ararume who exhibited gubernatorial calmness and confidence. The repeated booing of the Governor did not help matters".

This reporter agreed with the above description by Dr Irechukwu based on this reporter's own observations that throughout the debates, Gov Ohakim appeared ill at ease, besides frequently glancing at his wrist watch, which was an indication of his being uncomfortable and in a hurry to leave the premises of the debate. On the other hand, Chief Okorocha was the epitome of confidence, and he sensed that most of the crowd was with him.

On his own part, Chief Ararume was at his characteristic best as he looked calm, cool and patient. He took his time to explain his manifesto, which was well received by the crowd, in contrast to the impatience, negative murmurings and loud booing that greeted Gov Ohakim when he took the podium.

When this reporter polled the opinions of the big politicians at the scene as well as the masses who attended, it was surprising to discover that most of them were divided between voting for Okorocha and Ararume, with only a few weakly rooting for Gov Ohakim. The people that spoke to this reporter hailed from all the three senatorial districts of Imo State, and they appeared unmoved by Ohakim's campaign mantra that Imo voters should vote for him on the basis of zoning and one more single term.

One attendee, Joe Anyamele, from Okigwe zone had this to say: "how can Ohakim continue talking about zoning when President Jonathan is running for President against the zoning argument of some from Northern Nigeria. Ohakim is even supporting Jonathan and is known to have rallied support against zoning the presidency to the North. So, having opposed zoning at the national levels, how can the man now turn around to tell Imo people to vote for him on the same zoning argument he didn't support?". It surprised this reporter that such argument could come from an Okigwe voter, on whose behalf Ohakim claims is making the zoning argument.

The same thing was true of likely voters who hailed from Owerri zone, where this reporter was informed that Rochas and Ararume are running neck to neck, but more particularly with Orlu voters, Rochas appears to be leading the pack, with Ararume closely behind because of the many political big wigs he has in his kitty from that zone, like former Governor Achike Udenwa.

One of the things that stuck out from Okigwe people who attended the debate was the recent mass decampings of big political names from that zone, following the PDP primaries which many of them accused Ohakim of using to "install political unknowns who has contributed nothing to the PDP", as one of one Okigwe man, Chief Damian Duru put it. Chief Duru wondered how Ohakim can carry Okigwe in the election "when he is busy quarrelling with his own Mbano people and harassing some of their legislators like Agwu, who has alleged that the Governor was after his life".

Another sore point at the debate was the matter of the billions of naira Gov Ohakim was alleged to have spent without a supplementary approval of the House of Aasembly. A lawyer who was at the scene of the debate but who wished not to be named for fear of reprisals told this reporter that "as far as I am concerned, Gov Ohakim committed impeachable misconducts by spending the billions the way he did without authority of law. Even worse is the additional revelation that the money was spent on intangibles like maintaining government house, paying media houses, and like nonproductive items. We lawyers are already talking about it and will rally the people to press Ohakim for explanations. If he escapes the House of Assembly, then he cannot escape the voters in April".

Many other people this reporter spoke with echoed the same sentiments and thoughts on the issues that will decide the elections in April. The issues the voters identified include the following: that voting on the basis of zoning is out of fashion; that they're not going to vote for party but for individuals (this is where ACN candidates will score high at the polls); that the character of the contestants will be a factor; and that they will go to any length to protect their votes, knowing fully well that unpopular incumbents may be banking on their control of powers of the state to rig themselves in.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by Odunnu: 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2011
Every godly man knows Ohakim isnt it!
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by onyengbu: 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2011
@Poster,
you are so desparate with your ohakim image job.
Its no longer about Rochas killing people and being ogboni.
Your new style has worked better this time, just hope u learnt ur lessons.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by ezecharles(m): 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2011
[s]chei! i dont have the photo of his house here with me. what kind of honest hard working man builds a house with three helipads, abeg ?

one reserved for the presidency or person of international repute,

another for "going"

the other for "coming" [/s]

If you are right and honest what prevented you from getting the pictures? Liar!!!
If you have base for your malicious propaganda, prove it with facts. Starting from address of such falsified/ficticious house house of yours and picture.
"Ewu Awusa!!!!"
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by macjive01: 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2011
DISSECTING  GOV. IKEDIA OHAKIM

Only one project can be credited to Chief Ikedi Godson Ohakim through three years and four months of his administration of Imo State.
That project is; singing of plans and giving the impression that what he wishes in his mind comes alive instantly. He has completed his projects in his mind and is so elated about their value to our people that he thinks of them as completed. That is the fairest comment anyone can credit him with. Unfortunately his mind is self deceptive. His prioritisation is faulty. His mouth is larger than his productivity.

Perhaps he has had to spend Imo State Funds in undesirable and wasteful areas that it gives him some vain comfort to announce plans in the pipeline as projects achieved. He has so sang of his plans that he and his cronies almost believe that they are projects that have become living achievements for Ndimo. There have been some achievements which no one can deny. But there are too many exaggerations of the achievements that diminish the value of the achievements so far made. They could easily be classed as cosmetic achievements. For there are better demands for the commonwealth of Ndimo than the achievements made and oversold as this offering will clearly show.

Let us look at the litany of projects that we have heard of ad nauseam. I must first of all give Ohakim credit for his FIRST HUNDRED DAYS in office. He did build some classrooms in existing schools. He did commission some faulty boreholes for water to run in some villages across the state. He did work on cleaning and clearing Owerri of what he considered out of grain with his concept of a tourism ready state capital to the detriment of our hardworking people. He did succeed later on in providing for and moving builders’ merchants out of Owerri to an area inadequately infrastructured to receive the merchants. He did mount transformers in various local government areas to distribute electricity. He did purchase and distribute graders and perhaps other equipment to local government areas. He did announce jobs to be created and failed to follow through. All these were done along with ensuring that his clan received the longest kilometrage of asphalted roads in the whole state.

He built himself an efficient city complete with own air terminal at Isiala Mbano. We are aware he was not a man of means before his dubious arrangement to become a governor by default following Chief Ifeanyi Ararume’s rejection by the Czar of Peoples Democratic Party, General Olusegun Obasanjo and the most undemocratic avowal that PDP had no candidate. In a matter of months, Isiala Mbano was glowing by day and by night with mind-bugling activity.

Funds due to Local Government Areas were stolen and consequently the LGAs were starved of funds legitimately allocated to them for the continuing development at the grassroots. Funds left after his itchy fingers have touched the funds illegally over the past three years have been grossly inadequate to meet recurrent expenditure commitments of local governments. This treason of denying funds for development at the grassroots where the majority of our citizens dwell, when set against the attention which Owerri received as a settlement, dwarfs his achievements in real terms to so little that all in his administration should hold their heads in their hands and walk away with utter shame. In the meantime, let us take his over-bloated achievements blow by blow.

Oguta Holiday Resort and Conference Centre:

This proposal was one of the first to hit the airwaves as soon as Ohakim entered the portals of Government House Owerri. He probably was fascinated about tourism in one of his travels that nothing else mattered to his shallow reading of the Imo condition than tourism. He was so absorbed with this project that he hired Nzepuome a young man from USA to put the project together for him. I had written for the government to readjust its priorities, prepare the ground for private sector to handle the development of the Tourism Centre. Government has never been able to run a tourism facility anywhere. I learnt later that the project was used to approach the stock market for funding by way of long-term bonds without an enabling law from Imo House of Assembly. A part of the sum initially sought is alleged to have been drawn down but has not reflected on the site of the facility. Only three days ago did it come into the public domain that there has been some litigation that has stalled the project to nothing. It is said to be ready for take off after three solid years of deceit.

Inner Ring Road Project covering many LGAs:

The rains of this year let the cat out of the bag against the Ohakim falsehood peddlers. All communities are now crying for attention to their roads. I was a victim of that deceit on one rainy day on my way to Anambra. My jalopy was almost submerged at Ideato from flood. But lo and behold a smooth drive as soon as I hit the boundary of Imo with Anambra. A new road had been done from our wretched stretch to Awka. Not a bump was visible all the way. It speaks volumes of our so called ebullient and charismatic leader. It is glorification for his Ring Road covering nineteen local government areas. It is still in Ohakim’s fertile mind. If any stretch of the road has been achieved it will be short distance between Owerri and Orji and Egbu Road that have been dualised and lit. The talk about three hundred kilometres of road achieved is hot air. Something sinister has claimed the funds if ever any funds were earmarked for commitment on this plan. Preparations for construction have taken place in multiple places and sites have since two years ago abandoned by the contractors that perhaps mustered to commence work on good word basis that became an unbankable falsehood.

Nworie River Scheme: It was born as a project of Ohakim and metamorphosed into a project of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC). The lie surfaces unintentionally and it continues to be listed as a project financed by Imo State Government. It is tourism concept too like Oguta. Now it is a well planned drainage scheme for Owerri. It has refused to fly. Crawlers were occasionally sighted on the banks of the river in the immediate past but even that is no longer there. The make-believe programme is called off by the real owners of the machines. Some cleaning up was done long ago on the banks.

Oak Refinery and Petrochemical Company: There is nothing to show for this plan anywhere in Imo State. It is believed to exist as a going concern by cronies of the governor. Obviously a refinery is not child’s play. It is an international project that should hit the media anytime it is close to taking real life. It should be on the internet.

Job Centre and now Ten Thousand Jobs for Youths: I did not see any employee resulting from the initial magic of jobs promised when the job centre located conspicuously near Statesman Newspaper premises on Mbaise Road. Now we have learnt that some who applied for the ten thousand job opening created by Ohakim will muster at the Dan Anyiam Stadium at Owerri to collect their letters of appointment. I hope this is not a ruse for filling up the stadium and claiming that Imo people are happily supporting Ohakim’s second term bid. I strongly feel it is an unpardonable mockery of the youths and their unmitigated deplorable condition. Heaven will not pardon this deceit that has caused so much stress on youth and their parents for jobs that are inexistent given the failed commitments of government to existing staff strength. Existing payroll is scarcely up-to-date.

[b]Clean Owerri: [/b]Cleaning Owerri is positive and desirable. Quite some work has been done here. But it has been given uncommon weight. The activity of cleaning is deficient even with the praise-singing. Garbage still litters the main thorough fares in Owerri in overflowing garbage bins. There is nothing sacrosanct yet about their regularity. That is probably why the talk of South African Company has featured recently in the campaign targeted jingles of the administration. Hardship has been caused commuters by the so called New Face Organisation. I am aware that the burden of beautifying and lighting Owerri has brought immense hardship to commuters since the traffic control lights are causes of excruciating hold-ups in the city. I had said that dualising Owerri Roads with existing infrastructure is not positive for the volume of traffic. Government should have created dual carriage ring roads instead of converting low traffic roads to dual carriage. Okada was useful for commuters.

Water for Imo Citizens: Little achievement. Boreholes are still being sunk in Owerri by landlords of the city in order to give comfort to their tenants. Little work has been done on improvement of water supply.

Schools Development. Hot air after the first hundred days.

Federal Projects: Court of Appeal, Stock Exchange, Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, etc
Hardly any input attributable to the governor directly. Funds from Distributable Pool have been blown.

Industrial Park at Ngor Okpala: Hardly any sign of project in the pipeline.

Oguta Port : It is a federal project that has been in the pipeline since after the war. Nothing to show yet!

Nekede Building Materials Market: Tremendous achievement that cost the government next to nothing. Now there is a revolt from the self motivated folk that infrastructure is still pending after huge outlay of development levies by government.

Ban on Okada in Owerri: It was a roaring success that has translated into undesirable hardship for commuters since the infrastructure put into design by Fingerhut and Partners, which designed Owerri, did not plan for the current population. Motor bikes could have made life more bearable for the width of roads for commuters. Keke Napep introduced is a downslide for our level of technological appreciation and patronage. The contraptions should not have been bought. It should have been built locally to make sense.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/Articles/artopn3565.html

OHAKIM BOYS, BETTER DO A GREAT JOB AT DEFENDING THIS
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by arinzeeze: 6:20pm On Mar 13, 2011
macjive01!!!!! i know you guys are good in fabricating stories just to support your point. This is a true story of what happened

A GUBER DEBATE IN A MARKET SQUARE

By PINI JASON

On Thursday 10 March 2011, the Catholic Church in Owerri under the auspices of JDPC-DCS and with Most Rev, A. J. V Obinna, Metropolitan Archbishop of Owerri as the Chief host, organized a Public Forum on the 2011 General Election for Imo Governorship Aspirants. The theme was: Preparing for Rigging-Free, Violence-Free and Upright Voting in Imo State.

Ordinarily, this was a wonderful idea. The JDPC has had a record of intervention in public affairs by organizing public fora. I have had the privilege of participating in several JDPC events at their Anifowose Street hall in Victoria Island, Lagos with friends like Monsignor Matthew Hassan Kukah, who is now Vicar-General of Kaduna, Fr George Ehusani, currently of Church of Assumption, Abuja, Prof Pat Utomi and other activists. I have had the rare privilege of addressing the Catholic Bishops Conference years back at Abuja. That was apparently the day Fr. Ehusani knew I was not a Catholic. My close association with Catholics has made people assume that I was a Catholic!
But the event organized by the JDPC in Owerri on 10 March was a horrifying departure from the standard of organization associated with JDPC. It was like holding a campaign rally for 12 rival political parties in one venue at the same time! This was a surprising departure from a similar debate billed as The Great Debate organized for all gubernatorial candidates in Imo State on Tuesday 8 March 2011 by the NUJ Imo Chapter in conjunction with Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN Imo State branch, of which the Catholic Church is a member. The NUJ-CAN debate which was broadcast live, observed and reasonably enforced some basic and universally accepted rules of political debate.

In the JDPC pamphlet some of these rules were itemized under the “Forum Code of Conduct”. But the organization of the Forum was such that it was absolutely impossible to enforce the code of conduct. The first sign of trouble I noticed on arrival was that the Forum was held in an open and unsecured arcade, called Obiri Odenigbo, Assumpta Cathedral and there was no accreditation of the audience! Obiri Odenigbo is a venue that hosts the famous Odenigbo Lecture series, usually delivered in Igbo language by one speaker.

All events are not the same. Different events attract different audience and different management. You must understand the character of the expected audience. Venue is always chosen to fit the event and the audience. You cannot host a gubernatorial debate in a market square! And when you put rival political contestants canvassing for votes in one uncontrolled venue, it is a mere pretence to expect decorum there! It seems to me that the organizers assumed that the hallowed ground of Assumpta Cathedral was enough to imbue the crowd hired by some of the contestants with decorum. What I saw was an event where the organizers lost control.

The only way the JDPC could have taken charge of the event was to accredit the audience. That was what the organizers of the NUJ-CAN debate did and the event achieved its purpose of giving the contestants room to address Imo people. But at Assumpta, it was like hosting a World Cup at Dan Anyiam stadium and throwing the gates open for free. You had to fight to get a plastic chair. Then you find that the small space available had been taken over by rented crowd some of who probably slept there! That was a serious breach of security at a time thugs are vandalizing opponents campaign offices and shooting rival contestants!

If the logic was that the candidates needed to directly address the masses of Imo people, it was grossly flawed. In these days of even better mass media you don’t need direct contact to reach mass audience. That could be better achieved by holding the debate in controlled environment, with an accredited audience and setting up large viewing screens for all and sundry, and televising the event live or recorded. The contestants would still have reached the masses. Therefore, it cannot be an argument in favour of poor organization that you wanted the contestants to address electorates directly. Things are not just done that ancient way anymore!

The flaws in the organization of what was ordinarily a wonderful idea began to manifest even before the first speaker. Things became so disgraceful that His Grace Most Rev Obinna had to leave his seat on the high table to go down to the audience to quell fights among volatile rented mobs rooting for some of the candidates! Things got worse when the crowd started leaving. Archbishop Obinna pleaded for people to come back, to no avail! What more evidence did anybody need to know that the event had collapsed on the heads of the organizers! As my driver, a Catholic himself observed painfully, even those who take Holy Communion from the Bishop every Sunday could not listen to him!

As the ugly scenes unfolded many observers found it curious that some of the candidates of some political parties who 48 hours before, dodged the NUJ-CAN debate that had better organization showed up enthusiastically at the Assumpta rally! I would not speculate about the motive of the JDPC-DCS and what they programmed to achieve with the Forum. I can never doubt the integrity of JDPC or Archbishop Obinna. But we are in interesting, but testy times. And I wonder if the organizers can beat their chests and say that they pulled off a great event as NUJ-CAN would or that they were fair and just to all the candidates, the audience and the Catholic Church!

I have always advised organizers of events not to plan from the point of view that everything would work out. Come that day, you find to your embarrassment that nothing works out because in Public Relations we caution that nothing happens unless you make it happen! It is always better to anticipate everything that could possibly go wrong and plan from that point of view. The JDPC Public Forum was a marvelous idea mishandled. This should be a lesson to the organizers for the future. Finally, those who breezily criticize government must learn from this fiasco how difficult it is to govern Imo State.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by andrewnwa: 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2011
I think you guys are actually puzzled. You have no fact,clue of the false charges you have about ohakim. What else do you want of a man who has being under pressure since becoming the governor of Imo State. If you are still in doubt about his achievement why do you visit www.ohakim2011.com or probably come down to owerri and see for yourself,
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by andrewnwa: 6:25pm On Mar 13, 2011
Ohakim is actually the kind of governor we want. A man with aspirations, a man who acts positively without minding the consequences, a man who takes every criticism as a challenge, because they " the strength of a man is when he withstands challenges and criticisms than when he is in the moment of comfort and conveniences", for the past few years i've being in owerri, it has come to my notice that the people are actually disgruntled, because they believe in "sharing the money" which the past administration did.
I thank God that despite all this negative allegations and propaganda, Ohakim never stopped to implement his vision for the state.
Thanks.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by ezecharles(m): 6:36pm On Mar 13, 2011
@macjive01,

Thanks for praising the governor. your stupidity is that you couldnt admit the whole projects mentioned.
Among whole things mentioned, other projects have been successfly completed and launched. Its on record.
The remaining of them is the Nowrie River dregding, Oguta resort and Refinaary. But think i can defend him on those remaining projects.
It takes time to finish any of these three projects. I think that man deserves a kudo for even starting up such gigantic projects that even the fed governments failed to do.
Have u wondered why nigeria as a whole cannot boast of one good refinary? Hope you havent forgotten the niger river dredging project of the fed govt.
If its taking the federal govt such time to kick off, i think Ohakim deserves more kudos again for starting the dregding project.

Go there now and see contractors working day and night
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwp2-987Mh0y4vM623aAlEl5rKMhOppAafavLOkdUPQUCvqs8N[/img]
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by macjive01: 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2011
^^^^ Dude, irrespective of what u say its a matter of few weeks the state shall rise up en masse and vote the shiit out of that short 419 king ping.
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by andrewnwa: 6:42pm On Mar 13, 2011
macjive01, or what ever you call yourself is evident that your blind and you lack a common sense of judgment. How can you propagate and defame the wonderful achievement of Dr ikedi Ohakim just because you were been paid? Dont you have a conscience? The picture below is one of many of is achievement and vision for the state,
Please try to be realistic and stop being sentimental. Thanks for your understanding.

Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by gernded(m): 6:51pm On Mar 13, 2011
rochas owele okorocha is the best man for imo , if his problem is just been a member of a cult then he is a clean man, as your dad where he belong your pastor your neighbor and your lover , so cultism or no cultism rochas has human feelings,
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by ezecharles(m): 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
[s]rochas owele okorocha is the best man for imo , if his problem is just been a member of a cult then he is a clean man, as your dad where he belong your pastor your neighbor and your lover , so cultism or no cultism rochas has human feelings,[/s]

Only you will vote such man of questionable image. You must be a cultist then, thats the only reason why you can vehemently say so. mumu!!
Re: Imo 2011 Guber: Who Is Best For Imo State? by macjive01: 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
dissecting ur images,

image  1: thats a render , isn't it?  Not even, an artistic impression of a road network.

image  2: thats a photo of a local contractors clearing a section of orji side road. Now b4 u eat me raw, in your widest imagination do u expect those guys to build that artistic impression of a road network ? abegi make we hear word!

image 3: nworie river, right? what shows u there is a serious dredging work going on there ? despite the federal funds allocated to it ! money wey dey don use pursue ashawo. Basttard governor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Millionaire Chinese Businessman Rebuilds His Village-for Free / GMB Visits Chibok Details Soon / 5 Ways Election Postonement Reduced Buhari's Chances Off Winning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.