Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! (120697 Views)

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / I Urgently Want To Travel To Cyprus This Year, How Possible? Suggestions Please / Three Month Visa To Canada For A Seminar..how To Do I Extend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by badmus11(m): 3:07pm On Dec 18, 2020
Sicilyjoe:
How much did u spend in total to be in uae let me see if I can come by January
600k is ok
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by tojahh(m): 5:39am On Dec 19, 2020
I have got a brother in UAE who has asked me to come over, he's been there for over 5 years, going and coming (recently got married) and has traveled back.
He assured me of security job in his place of work. He told me about SIRA too. He's in Dubai. In my own case, he is gonna do the visa while i pay him over there as i work. My own support is to get my flight money.
He's gonna pay a bed space for me for 14days when i arrived before I will be interviewed for the job. I am a risk taker but all these stories here come weak man pikin.

The trip is planned for February.
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by BarrSly: 7:02am On Dec 19, 2020
Nice pictures Ebuka. Please I want to know, are you able to use your ATM from over there?

ebuka10box:
thanks bro
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by NONNYG: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2020
tojahh:
I have got a brother in UAE who has asked me to come over, he's been there for over 5 years, going and coming (recently got married) and has traveled back.
He assured me of security job in his place of work. He told me about SIRA too. He's in Dubai. In my own case, he is gonna do the visa while i pay him over there as i work. My own support is to get my flight money.
He's gonna pay a bed space for me for 14days when i arrived before I will be interviewed for the job. I am a risk taker but all these stories here come weak man pikin.

The trip is planned for February.
SIRA is 5days security course which is 1700aed. Did he tell you how much he will charge you for visa and any other costs
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by tojahh(m): 10:15am On Dec 19, 2020
NONNYG:
SIRA is 5days security course which is 1700aed. Did he tell you how much he will charge you for visa and any other costs

Yes.

1400 AED (And I will pay him back in 3 installment).

Yes you're right. He said SiRA is just 5 days that nonetheless, I can do it anytime but just to be certain of better chance and pay if I decide to stay and continue in Dubai. He said, the company offers 3 years residency visa against the aforementioned 2 years because its a free zone.
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Kozil2(m): 10:40am On Dec 19, 2020
tojahh:

Yes.

1400 AED (And I will pay him back in 3 installment).

Yes you're right. He said SiRA is just 5 days that nonetheless, I can do it anytime but just to be certain of better chance and pay if I decide to stay and continue in Dubai. He said, the company offers 3 years residency visa against the aforementioned 2 years because its a free zone.

Pls bro can you explain better on this subject.. Let's say I enter Dubai on 3 months tourist visa..I'm I eligible for SIRA..and its there any guarantees about the three years residency that the company offers
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by tojahh(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2020
Kozil2:

Pls bro can you explain better on this subject.. Let's say I enter Dubai on 3 months tourist visa..I'm I eligible for SIRA..and its there any guarantees about the three years residency that the company offers

Honestly I have not the answers you seek bro. I haven't been there yet.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by ebuka10box(m): 6:11pm On Dec 19, 2020
BarrSly:

Nice pictures Ebuka. Please I want to know, are you able to use your ATM from over there?

no sir
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by manneger2: 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
ebuka10box:
Ebuka you are truly enjoying ur self in Dubai, nice pix. Dubai sweet if u are not working shah
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 20, 2020
ebuka10box:
was quite a distance from tourist club to adnec centre.

If I were u I will focus more on why am there because u are yet to achieve, not giving every update abt yourself not everyone here is happy for u.

U don't know who is your village people lol.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Nicoswit(m): 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
iamloyalty:

If I were u I will focus more on why am there because u are yet to achieve, not giving every update abt yourself not everyone here is happy for u.

Village people no dey nairaland nw
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by mymadam(m): 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nicoswit:

shocked U wan bet? grin
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by adrenaline02: 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2020
ebuka10box:
no sir
How do one withdraw?
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nicoswit:
With ur pix on NL Dem fit dey o!
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Silver247: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
iamloyalty:

Which kyn talk be dis na���

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Silver247:

Which kyn talk be dis na���
Abeg sorry.
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by yungchop: 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
iamloyalty:

Africans ehn grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Stewart883(m): 6:17am On Dec 22, 2020
iamloyalty:

Africans!! Always talking and believing shit all the time!!! Fools!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2020
Stewart883:

Africans!! Always talking and believing shit all the time!!! Fools!!!
With your tune you are obviously the bigger fool.
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Jus4c: 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2020
Hello @ebuka10box and other posters,

Please forgive me if my post comes across as being rude; I couldn't just hold it seeing young Nigerian graduates choosing the option of going to UAE to hustle while there are other viable options that could be explored. I understand that there is nothing wrong in hustling, starting small from any particular country, but my concern is just that the same amount of energy and money put into this UAE struggle could be channeled into one of the options I would like to discuss here. Again, I seek your apology if you have tried this and it did it not work out. My opinion (which nobody asked for in the first instance) is that hustling in the UAE as a young graduate should be the last option.

Now, any Nigerian that has a B.Sc degree with a First Class, Second Class Upper, or a strong Second Class Lower and has personal conviction about their academic ability can write the GRE, and an English Proficiency Language Exam (TOEFL, IELTS, etc), if required, and apply to a school in the USA for a Master's or PhD depending on what academic level they wish to stop. Luckily, most schools waive the English Language requirements for Nigerians. Same thing applies to HND holders with Distinction, Upper Credit or a strong Lower Credit. The only difference is that holders of HND would need to do a credential evaluation using World Education Services (WES) or any other accredited credential evaluation bodies in the USA so that their HND certificate could be analysed as being equivalent to B.S. After graduation, depending on your degree, you have between one and three years visa called Optional Practical Training (OPT). If your course of study falls into the Science,Technology.,Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) category, your work visa is three years. While non-STEM is one year. Paths to H1B visa and permanent Residency is another thing, but focus on crossing the bridge first! The difference will be very clear compared with hustling in UAE; young Nigerians should avoid any form of 'quick fix approach', with respect to traveling abroad, which may lead to a long term struggling and suffering!

There are many schools in the USA, carefully search for one ,two or three that accommodates your profile, apply for admission, seek for Graduate Assistantship position( it often comes with full funding and a monthly stipend that can cover take care of your daily expenses if you are that prudent). Apply for student visa(F1-Visa). You can follow the USA Students' visa thread on nairaland here. It has more than enough information to excel in this approach. Guys are always around to answer questions. It is simply a Do-It-Yourself thing. I was a product of this, and today I'm in the USA, planning to move to Canada due to family consideration.

Trust me, you won't spend up to 600k for your applications, GRE or TOEFL(if you chose to write it). This approach, I think is much better, and should be tried first instead of going to UAE . One does not need to be a child of a millionaire before studying and living in the USA; it takes knowing the right information, personal commitment, dedication, and self determination to get it done. UAE should be the last resort if you fall into the category of students I earlier mentioned.

This post is not meant to be rude to anyone, please. If it sounds so, I seek your pardon. The reason I put it up here is to inform those that might not be previously aware of this basic and simple route. Information is power. I got to know about this information I am putting here in 2016, and I landed in the USA the following year. If you have tried and it did not work out at certain stage, try and ask more questions on the USA students' thread here. The answer to your questions (breakthrough) might just be waiting for you. Peace unto everyone.

35 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by yungchop: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
Jus4c:

Please forgive me if my post comes across as being rude; I couldn't just hold it seeing young Nigerian graduates choosing the option of going to UAE to hustle while there are other viable options that could be explored. I understand that there is nothing wrong in hustling, starting small from any particular country, but my concern is just that the same amount of energy and money put into this UAE struggle could be channeled into one of the options I would like to discuss here. Again, I seek your apology if you have tried this and it did it not work out. My opinion (which nobody asked for in the first instance) is that hustling in the UAE as a young graduate should be the last option.

Now, any Nigerian that has a B.Sc degree with a First Class, Second Class Upper, or a strong Second Class Lower and has personal conviction about their academic ability can write the GRE, and an English Proficiency Language Exam (TOEFL, IELTS, etc), if required, and apply to a school in the USA for a Master's or PhD depending on what academic level they wish to stop. Luckily, most schools waive the English Language requirements for Nigerians. Same thing applies to HND holders with Distinction, Upper Credit or a strong Lower Credit. The only difference is that holders of HND would need to do a credential evaluation using World Education Services (WES) or any other accredited credential evaluation bodies in the USA so that their HND certificate could be analysed as being equivalent to B.S. After graduation, depending on your degree, you have between one and three years visa called Optional Practical Training (OPT). If your course of study falls into the Science,Technology.,Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) category, your work visa is three years. While non-STEM is one year. Paths to H1B visa and permanent Residency is another thing, but focus on crossing the bridge first! The difference will be very clear compared with hustling in UAE; young Nigerians should avoid any form of 'quick fix approach', with respect to traveling abroad, which may lead to a long term struggling and suffering!

There are many schools in the USA, carefully search for one ,two or three that accommodates your profile, apply for admission, seek for Graduate Assistantship position( it often comes with full funding and a monthly stipend that can cover take care of your daily expenses if you are that prudent). Apply for student visa(F1-Visa). You can follow the USA Students' visa thread on nairaland here. It has more than enough information to excel in this approach. Guys are always around to answer questions. It is simply a Do-It-Yourself thing. I was a product of this, and today I'm in the USA, planning to move to Canada due to family consideration.

Trust me, you won't spend up to 600k for your applications, GRE or TOEFL(if you chose to write it). This approach, I think is much better, and should be tried first instead of going to UAE . One does not need to be a child of a millionaire before studying and living in the USA; it takes knowing the right information, personal commitment, dedication, and self determination to get it done. UAE should be the last resort if you fall into the category of students I earlier mentioned.

This post is not meant to be rude to anyone, please. If it sounds so, I seek your pardon. The reason I put it up here is to inform those that might not be previously aware of this basic and simple route. Information is power. I got to know about this information I am putting here in 2016, and I landed in the USA the following year. If you have tried and it did not work out at certain stage, try and ask more questions on the USA students' thread here. The answer to your questions (breakthrough) might just be waiting for you. Peace unto everyone.
how about third class graduates?
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Jus4c: 8:41pm On Dec 22, 2020
yungchop:
how about third class graduates?

Third class graduates can apply for a PGD/C in Canada. My concern is the funding. I always assume that most Nigerian youths are of humble background and would need one form of financial assistance or the other. If a third class graduate has the money, he/she can try a PGD/C in Canada. Again, USA schools could be tried, but they should do a credential evaluation using WES so that the GPA could be rated over 4.0. WES has a way of ' boosting' Nigerian GPA over 4. You will be surprised that your GPA could come close to 3 point over 4.0 after a WES evaluation. Besides, most schools in the USA only looks at the last two years of your academic activities. So, if for instance, instance between 300L and 400L you have above 3.5/5.00, but your previous GPA ( 100L to 200) was poor, which lead to a CGPA of third class, you would still have a good chance. There are many schools in the USA that need students. You will definitely find one that can accommodate your CGPA, especially if you did well in last two years. This is the most important for most schools. Just ensure your last two years is good, write the GRE, then write a compelling Statement of Purpose(SOP) while your academic record in first two or three years were not so good. The USA in particular has a way of thinking. they won't assume you were not good for not having excellent grades in the first two or three years.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by yungchop: 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
Jus4c:

Third class graduates can apply for a PGD/C in Canada. My concern is the funding. I always assume that most Nigerian youths are of humble background and would need one form of financial assistance or the other. If a third class graduate has has the money, he/she can try a PGD/C in Canada. Again, USA schools could be tried, but they should do a credential evaluation using WES so that the GPA could be rated over 4.0. WES has a way of ' boosting' Nigerian GPA over 4. You will be surprised that your GPA could come close to 2 point something over 4.0 after a WES evaluation. Besides, most schools in the USA only looks at the last two years of your academic activities. So, if for instance, instance between 300L and 400L you have above 3.5/5.00, but your previous GPA ( 100L to 200) was poor, which lead to a CGPA of third class, you would still have a good chance. There are many schools in the USA that need students. You will definitely find one that can accommodate your CGPA, especially if you did well in last two years. This is the most important for most schools. Just ensure your last two years is good, write the GRE, then write a compelling Statement of Purpose(SOP) while your academic record in first two or three years were not so good. The USA in particular has a way of thinking. they won't assume you were not good for not having excellent grades in the first two or three years.

Well, can I do a top up degree? You know there are universities that do top up 3rd class to 2.1. It’s a two years program. Can I apply with the topped up degree if I finally get it?
Another problem is that I am already starting to process Poland work permit by January. Maybe should abolish it, what do you think?
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by GreatMage: 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
Jus4c:

Bookmarked!
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Commotfornigeri: 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
Jus4c:

Third class graduates can apply for a PGD/C in Canada. My concern is the funding. I always assume that most Nigerian youths are of humble background and would need one form of financial assistance or the other. If a third class graduate has the money, he/she can try a PGD/C in Canada. Again, USA schools could be tried, but they should do a credential evaluation using WES so that the GPA could be rated over 4.0. WES has a way of ' boosting' Nigerian GPA over 4. You will be surprised that your GPA could come close to 3 point over 4.0 after a WES evaluation. Besides, most schools in the USA only looks at the last two years of your academic activities. So, if for instance, instance between 300L and 400L you have above 3.5/5.00, but your previous GPA ( 100L to 200) was poor, which lead to a CGPA of third class, you would still have a good chance. There are many schools in the USA that need students. You will definitely find one that can accommodate your CGPA, especially if you did well in last two years. This is the most important for most schools. Just ensure your last two years is good, write the GRE, then write a compelling Statement of Purpose(SOP) while your academic record in first two or three years were not so good. The USA in particular has a way of thinking. they won't assume you were not good for not having excellent grades in the first two or three years.

I agree with you. The only major setback will be funding because the fee structure for international students is always crazy.

Asides that, students who want to live a decent life will be able to do so and work the few available student work hours that they can.

A humble student working and schooling in the US has more present day prospect of earning and saving more, and has more future prospect of securing a well paid job after schooling, over his dubai counterpart.

Hustling in dubai does not have an end, except you're saving to move to another country. UAE is a vicious cycle.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by sosowater: 3:48am On Dec 23, 2020
Jus4c:

Great input.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by sosowater: 3:51am On Dec 23, 2020
yungchop:

Well, can I do a top up degree? You know there are universities that do top up 3rd class to 2.1. It’s a two years program. Can I apply with the topped up degree if I finally get it?
Another problem is that I am already starting to process Poland work permit by January. Maybe should abolish it, what do you think?

To me, focus on Poland bro. Start working there and then from there, you can start making plans for the GRE in USA or might even save up to move over there without GRE. Poland appears to be easier and a stepping stone to greater heights. Just my opinion though.

PS: I'm shooting for PL early next year too.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Poorboy: 4:56am On Dec 23, 2020
Jus4c:

I will need this guide in 2 years time.

Though I am a Federal Government Staff, so I want to use study leave with pay inwhich they can give me 3 years.

I will pm you.
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by yungchop: 7:08am On Dec 23, 2020
sosowater:

To me, focus on Poland bro. Start working there and then from there, you can start making plans for the GRE in USA or might even save up to move over there without GRE. Poland appears to be easier and a stepping stone to greater heights. Just my opinion though.

PS: I'm shooting for PL early next year too.

Can we talk on WhatsApp?
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Badmuskennis007: 5:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
Jus4c:

Can I send you an Email, Sir
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Jus4c: 6:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
yungchop:

Yes, you can do a top up degree, and use it for admission. However, I will suggest that you use a free WES tool to simulate what your GPA would be on the scale of 4.0. You can do this by inputting you scores in your transcript in the spaces provided in the tools. If you can a have a minimum of 2.7/4.0 or at worst 2.5/4.0, from the free tool, you can now search for schools that offer admission for the range of GPA for your desired program. Having found one, a WES evaluation can be ordered for. This method will save time and money. Be ready to write the GRE, and a very good Statement of Purpose. In the interim, you can google search, 'schools in USA that admit 2.5/4.0 GPA into master's program', you may be amazed about the result that you would get.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Jus4c: 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2020
sosowater:

Great input.

I have a background in agric and education. Can I change to a core STEM course for my masters through GRE? I'm looking at IT such as Cybersecurity and Data Analytics. If no, what do you advice?

Having a background in Agric and Education is good. There are many schools that offer Agric related course at Master's level, though the nomenclature may be different. It could be Fermentation Science, Animal Science, Agribusisiness, etc. The good thingis it's s STEM course. I will suggest you go for this because of your background; you stand a good chance of funding and admission if you write the GRE. Crossing the bridge first is very important.
IT related courses are very good no doubt, but they are very competitive with respect to admission and funding if you don't have an academic background. Also, the classes you will be taking may not be that easy if you don't have the undergraduate background. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it may prove difficult to cope academically.
If I were you, I would go for a course that is related to my undergraduate degree, get good funding and admission, and cross the bridge. After landing and I feel like going for an IT course, I would now go for one.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (37) (Reply)

Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.