Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,551 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:52 PM

My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! (65540 Views)

Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful / Why Are Married Men Quiet And Condone Rubbish In Their Homes? / My Wife's Family Has Ruined My Home And My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by angelfallz(m): 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2020
@ wizzie001 please be careful

Although monitor lizards do secrete venom, it is not fatal to humans. The main cause for concern would be bacterial infection from the bite.
https://www.nparks.gov.sg/gardens-parks-and-nature/dos-and-donts/animal-advisories/monitor-lizards

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by ambient: 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:

I guess this is going to be my last resort, but do dogs chase lizard too?

Yes oooo,since I got my self a dog no more cat fight,lizards and bird in my compound.i live in a swampy area so we do see even alligator and crabs but none have cross my house since I got a dog.try it out.

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
Staro:

Plant grass/flowers that keep away reptiles (instead of chemicals).
All the same, enjoy your delicious meal.

I dont eat such, we gave it out eventually!!
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2020
Champneys:

Onijekuje Oshi!

Be calming down please... i dont eat such either, my wife who asked for a trial couldn't eat it when she came back, we gave it out eventually!!
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2020
etibaba:
Yes it will chase the python till it finds itself in the pythons tummy.

I guess the barking of the dog alone would have notified the owner of the impending danger...
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2020
meobizy:
Nairalanders and eating reptiles, sha. Still these troglodytes claim they’re richer than Dangote online. It is allowed.

What does killing a reptile and asking for solution against impending danger has to do with Dangote??
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Jaqenhghar: 9:02pm On Nov 03, 2020
banmee:

No blame the guy. Na poverty cause am.
Bro I dey tire if una dey use poverty as excuse. I have been to Niger where rhe poverty is worse than Naija bit I dont see the people there behaving that way. Even in weddings they dont rush food.

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2020
afrika:
Bad gofment and what is has caused the youths.
People eat reptiles like lizard now.

Soon people go dey fry bush flies like termites.

Though i dont eat reptiles, but i must tell you all these are what our fore fathers ate to nourish their bodies, that was why you wouldnt hear all the diseases flying around these days during their time.

All we eat now are now fertilized edibles!!
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2020
TempleHouse:
This is called a CRIME of the Endangered Species.
You should be ashamed of yourself for contributing to the demise of a beautiful animal that helps our eco system.

I would have love if you could come pick this, and let it roam around your compound freely because it helps the eco system...
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2020
webmaster99:
“Greatness only comes before hustle in the dictionary.
Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far
.Work like there is someone working twenty four hours a day to take it away from you.
“Hustle in silence and let your success make the noise.

It is only the blessing of God that maketh rich without adding any sorrow. Nigerians are hardworking people, but look at how we've been taken for a ride by some selected few??

But you know what? When God blesses us, no man can curse!!
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 9:20pm On Nov 03, 2020
phazotron:

Water monitor. E dey where water dey. I dey see am for my side too.

You dey chop am? How big the adult dey be by the way?
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2020
adanny01:

If you kiss your wife, you have eaten it.

I beg to disagree, she didnt eventually eat it albeit...
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by EduLamp: 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2020
Options:
1) Spray original agro NEEM Oil on your grass or crop every 10 days. Spray early morning before sunrise or late evening; sunligt affects its effectiveness. Email me: lampodevconsult@gmail.com if you need original Neem Oil and/or entire spraying treatment.
2) Agro chemical called 'Scorpion'; spray every month. Contact me for more information.
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Sicilyjoe: 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2020
Pls what's the igbo name before I comment
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2020
PreyingMantis:
Snakes are the most notorious fence climbers. They've probably been coming in and going out.. Just that you haven't seen them yet. Be on a constant look out for them. You can't have monitor lizards entering your compound at will and not expect to see a huge snake anytime. Considering your location, your house is in a high risk environment

I must confess this your sentence is so scary, i've made an effort blocking everywhere they could possibly come in through, but i think i need a dog already to alert of impending danger...
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2020
GamalNasser:
You are fasting and killing animals in their habitat at the same time ...You are the one that built house on their Habitat

The essence of erecting a fence is for everyone to respect their boundaries...

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2020
banmee:

No blame the guy. Na poverty cause am.

Only God knows what you eat in your closet!!
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by wizzie001(m): 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
pek:
Mr op, some of the things you wrote in your epistle were unnecessary.

Please, i will appreciate if you could lecture me on the part i should have avoided against another time, i'm always willing to learn!!

And if you were referring to the FAST, i intentionally did that to enable people willing to pray for Nigeria join and key in completely. With our collective effort and by the grace of God, this country will rise again.....
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2020
You are the one encroaching on their habitat.

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by joinnow: 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:
Lest i forget, i once read a post here on nairaland about watermelon farming, i decided to experiment with just a few. It came out so well, but you know what Squirrels destroyed all the fruits. I'm battling with their battalion too, i guess its due to the fact that my house is just by the stream.

They always find their way in climbing the fence despite the barb-wire!! embarassed

I'm going to need some tips on how to stop this invasion, please help a brother....

God forbid we see snake in this compound, my wife will run away for good ;DShe detest snakes more than anything!!

Lalasticlala, help out!!

while in usa a celebrity hobby
is feeding squirrels every day

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by PreyingMantis(m): 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:
I must confess this your sentence is so scary, i've made an effort blocking everywhere they could possibly come in through, but i think i need a dog already to alert of impending danger...
You don't keep dogs for the purpose of looking out for snakes. It's not their job. I've had one of my dogs bitten by a snake before and the only saving grace was that I was smart enough to suspect snake bite. It was late in the day. I called the doctor and he said he could only come in the morning. So I had to use my 6th Sense. I forced plenty of palm oil into the dog's mouth and hoped for the best. The dog was able to vomit some coloured fluid that night but was still in pretty bad shape until when the doctor came in the morning with the Anti-Snake Venom. I saw the invading snake the following day and killed it.

Back to the snakes... Make sure your compound is devoid of growing shrubs, weed and grass. Snakes are only comfortable where they can find places to hide. If there's nowhere for them to hide, they find their way out anytime they stray in... Once in a while, one of them will always stray in. You can't rule that out

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by PreyingMantis(m): 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2020
Uniique:
Haba bros be calming down na. Snakes hardly climb fence except maybe there's a tree close to the fence and if it manages to get in through the fence, getting out would be an issue
Are you for real? Snakes climb fences all the time. I've seen it countless times. Infact I've seen two snakes(different colours) hanging horizontally on the fence at the same spot and at the same time. How they were able to achieve that, I wouldn't know and what they were doing there together, I still don't know. The only thing is that I killed them both.

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Babagy823: 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
southerners can eat rubbish i swear. what in God's name is this, you even join the skin fry chop. �
wizzie001:
One part already fried, it looked sumptous though, but God knows i aint eating this sad
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by PROPHETmichael: 11:53pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:
Lest i forget, i once read a post here on nairaland about watermelon farming, i decided to experiment with just a few. It came out so well, but you know what Squirrels destroyed all the fruits. I'm battling with their battalion too, i guess its due to the fact that my house is just by the stream.

They always find their way in climbing the fence despite the barb-wire!! embarassed

I'm going to need some tips on how to stop this invasion, please help a brother....

God forbid we see snake in this compound, my wife will run away for good ;DShe detest snakes more than anything!!

Lalasticlala, help out!!

Put fish net within the barb wire

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by etibaba(m): 12:28am On Nov 04, 2020
SegFault:

You dey mad. gringringrin
lol
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by etibaba(m): 12:28am On Nov 04, 2020
wizzie001:

I guess the barking of the dog alone would have notified the owner of the impending danger...
Most likely.

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Nobody: 3:12am On Nov 04, 2020
ambient:

Olodo e fit chase python or alert the owner of danger
Is this how you talk to your family members?
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by seangy4konji: 7:15am On Nov 04, 2020
Better meat
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by xnsandrxns: 7:22am On Nov 04, 2020
Get a dog

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Vyolet(f): 7:32am On Nov 04, 2020
You men will just be suffering women anyhow, I mean, how would you build a house in a bush right beside a stream in the village.

It may be cheaper, how about the dangerous creatures visiting you, what if you are caught unaware?
Suffering and smiling.
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by armyofone(m): 7:49am On Nov 04, 2020
So you wasted his life huh ? You should have gently let him go back to the stream!

You should have eaten it now - you wasted his life and your ingredients undecided

Poor little green guy!

wizzie001:
One part already fried, it looked sumptous though, but God knows i aint eating this sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. / My Cousin's Advances / My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.