Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,683 members, 7,801,966 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) (7496 Views)

An Amazing Hyper-realistic Biro Drawing Of President Goodluck Jonathan(photos) / Goodluck Jonathan 3d Rig (animation) / Training On Using Maya & Aftereffect To Create Stunning Tv Commercial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by Lafem(m): 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2011
An animated tv commercial commissioned to Lagos-based Lafem Animation (2-D Animation Production company) by the Jonathan/Sambo Campaign team.

The Ad is currently enjoying massive airplay on local TV stations. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQqS6rHWCMI
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by OKX(m): 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2011
well done man!
i think its a first.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by xothermik(m): 11:05pm On Mar 13, 2011
i love it. my friend here agrees 100%. well done again
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by zPixel(m): 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2011
Nice one. Keep it up.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by aphek: 10:47pm On Mar 22, 2011
Yawn!!! I think you can do better than this. I am sorry if I don't seem to agree with others.
Probably been spending too much time at 11secondclub. Anyhow more grease to your elbow.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by AdamuW: 10:42am On Mar 23, 2011
Hi guys. I just saw the animation on TV. The second I saw I knew it was Lafem though I had to confirm from xothermic. I was a bit disappointed in the quality when I 1st saw it. Because I know what high quality work Lafem can produce.

However I also know how such projects can be. For all we know Lafem could have had 1 week to produce it!Clients at that level can be ruthless. A lot of the time they don't care about quality. He could have told the clients he needed 3 months to really deliver something great. But maybe they didn't release the money to the last second and then pressured Lafem to produce in a hurry. It's not easy as we all know. And if you don't know. Get to know.

There are so many variables involved in running an animation business that come into play and sometimes unfortunately clients can mess you up and you end up producing something you don't like. I've been there. So I'd say well done to Lafem for having the business saavy to secure the contract but as you have set the 2D bar so high some people might not think this is your best work to date.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by ideylaff: 10:57am On Mar 23, 2011
Cheap and tacky, sure they did not pay for this,

na pentium 3 den take do ds 1 ooooooo,  grin

I'm sure they used " FutureSplash Animator 1996 Initial version of Flash with basic editing tools and a timeline" to do this,

Ayannnnnn maaaaaaa tongue
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by Bawss1(m): 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
Was that HD?

On a lighter note, I wasn't clear about the sport in the video, was football or boxing? cheesy
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by Lafem(m): 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2011
A big thanx 2 all for ur critiques and commendations. I had merely 5 days 2 deliver d job - as in, There was no time 2 plan or nothing, just got d brief/script and pretty much had 2 start animating staightahead. Say wat u like but dat job gulped over a thousand drawings and is a resul
t of 5 nerve-racking days and sleepless nites. D client didn't care how long it took as long as d deadline was met and thank God I managed 2 deliver d job o. In d end I didn't/dont think its my best job yet but my clients at abuja were ecstatic about wat they saw and immidiately commissioned a second one which I only completed and delivered 2 days ago. Blieve it or not, dis gig is definitely a gamechanger 4 me coz I made GOOD MONEY and CONNECTIONS in 'high places' with even brighter prospects 4 d future. Adamu has prettymuch summed it all.
If u gonna make a living outta advertising d client's deadline is lawn and just pray he's happy - which is mighty fine 2 me. Animation is business as much as it is art and 4 me I gat a wife and family 2 feed so it aint all abt fancy drawings and movement, d jobs hav 2 come or else after a while it wnt b worth ur while. Generally d reviews have been mixd but am glad more ppl seem 2 like the job dan not (moreso my abuja clients) so dats mighty fine.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by aphek: 9:58pm On Mar 26, 2011
Oh! Nigeria!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by AdamuW: 11:27am On Mar 27, 2011
Lafem,I pretty much suspected that was the case. I've been there. 5 days turn over?! Well done on delivering the project on time. That's another aspect of business. Being proffessional and pleasing the client. Now they commissioned you for a new one and you are GETTING PAID.

That means you can now invest that money in doing what you really want to do and research techniques to make you better. Hey with your new found contacts you might end up doing an animation for malaria awareness campaigns or whatever. Keep it going man.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by sojioguns(m): 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2011
I must say well done to Lafem. I've met this guy in person and trust me, he does the impossible. 2D animation that would take months and a team of at least 10 artists, this guy does ALONE!!!
Well done bro.
All I can suggest is with all the money you have made (I dey wait for my own share), do your own personal projects/animated shorts, which will truly show your skill.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by Dolemite(f): 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2011
Time constraint or not that was NOT a good animation, getting paid for such sloppy work further proves the point that in Nigeria mediocrity is celebrated.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by sojioguns(m): 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2011
@Dolemite,
It is obvious you neither live nor work in Nigeria. Nigeria is a rather unique environment that I am still trying to figure out. It is very easy to mouth about mediocrity and how mediocre Nigerians are but when you are neck-deep, you will see things differently.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by ugo2u(m): 3:22am On Mar 31, 2011
@Dolemite

I totally understand you, but there are many things to take into consideration, time is one. no one gives you weeks to finish a project not to talk of months here in this country and most of the time the customer doesnt care for all the ephizi. so who's to complain, as long as they are happy and you are happy then its cool
I'm sure if he had more time it would have been alot better and besides its a one man job.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
Seriously , the nigerian system is messed up o
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by Lafem(m): 6:54am On Apr 04, 2011
Dolemite or whatever , you’re entitled to your opinion , infact u don’t even have to be right sef to express yourself, coz just like a buttthole everyone’s got an opinion, but atleast make your opinion count by exhibiting some basic grasp of the subject matter lest you begin to sound like a whinning biatcsch which is what u’re sounding more like. First of all, your dislike of my animation doesn’t add nor take away anything from my life, I’ve gotten paid for the job and my client’s satisfaction is my utmost concern, u so you can whine all you want bro. To my mind, u’ve not mentioned anything that remotely suggests that you know anything about the animation production pipeline nor what it entails, yet you’re blindly criticizing the effort that birthed your object of criticism. That, atleast to my mind, abysmally discredits your opinion, even though you’re still entitled to it.
Ironically, this same animation you and your inconsequential cohorts are passionately knocking has been well received internationally; I recently got an offer to direct an animated series from a 2-D studio based in Durban, S.A on account of this same animation. Also, over the weekend I met with an Egyptian professor (who’s on a visit to Nigeria for the recently concluded AMAA Awards – his animation narrowly beat mine to the Best Animation award/prize at last year’s AMAA Awards), he lectures animation at a university in cairo and he remarked, upon seeing this work, that even his animation does not move as well as mine, and that he once had to decline a job from Europe coz the style and standard of animation requested by the client was more like mine, as opposed to his more limited-animation/flash-like style. Even better sef, my client has made it clear that more work is surely coming my way within weeks sef. So perhaps u can now understand why your opinion ain’t worth diddly squat! But you’re free to continue your campaign bro, while I keep counting bank funds.

SOJ and Adamu, you guys are my inspiration, moreso coz you’re well established in the BUSINESS-SIDE of this production game, unlike some of these guys who think all they need to succeed in life is watching cartoons and romanticizing the mechanics and technicalities of motion, without an iota of experience on the field. I remember my first meeting with SOJ, he was the first person to make me realize that in the production bizness, most clients can indeed be RUTHLESS (to borrow from my brother Adamu). I recall u (SOJ) asking me how long it’ll take me to do a minute animated commercial and my response was something like a month, to which your gently retorted that clients will almost NEVER give me that much time. That right there was my baptism. Since then experience has reinforced that lecture ever more clearly. I’ve actually lost uncountable jobs that would have paid me good money coz I kept harping on ‘more time for quality’ bullshyntt, but I’ve learned (even though the hard way) that these ppl just want results in terms of delivery and meeting deadlines, quality is secondary (not that it doesn’t matter, but they’re willing to sacrifice that if you can atleast do an o.k job in record time!) over time that I had to come up with a system’ll enable me work faster and not loose these jobs, even though at the expense of some quality. If the clients r so concerned about quality, they wouldn’t mind going to PIXAR animation for the job – a job that’ll prolly run for just a few months on air before it becomes old -- if only for bragging rights. For me, I got responsibilities, and I gotta make money, and if animation is not gonna bring me money then you can bet that I’ll switch to something more profitable in a heartbeat!

I actually have a five-minute short in the pipeline, a pilot actually, which is a culmination of intense efforts on my part to pitch an idea to one of the Old generation banks (it took me years to even get an audience), thankfully they bought the idea and actually commissioned the pilot, though not for as much as it could’ve been but I’m willing to make the sacrifice for now. The hope is the pilot will give birth to a kid’s series. They saw the pencil tests and LOVED IT. I met a fellow Nigerian animator who has been working an animated short since 2006 (five years ago), very good animator, yet he’s only achieved 4-minutes of the project since then! Even Disney spends YEARS developing and producing their cartoons. That’s just to give you an idea of how long it can take to do a thoroughly good job. I know enoff American animators who spend years on their animated shorts (5-6minutes length) just coz they want the best quality obtainable, so what r we talking about?
Guys, I tell you right now that it’s not easy staying in bizness in this country, especially if you’re doing what I’m doing. SOJ (and probably Adamu) has been at it for way much longer so he knows what I’m talking about. For the rest, sorry if you’re disappointed but like Tupac said, “that’s the way it is”.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by hbrednic: 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2011
buhari comot for road oooh, ooyo-yo, GOODLUCK DON ENTER OOOH OYOO-YO
ribadu comot for road oooh, ooyo-yo, GOODLUCK DON ENTER OOH OYOO-YO

WE NEED GOODLUCK,FRESH AIR 2011
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by Ymodulus: 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2011
absolute rubbish, arrant nonsense
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by mrofficial(m): 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2011
Paid Lafem.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by JUO(m): 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2011
good work
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by Dizzybizzy: 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
Is it by animated adverts?
Abeg make una park well jare,
They gave u part of our tax payers money and u here making noise.
Jst go and eat ur money quietly and keep mute. Nonsense!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
@Lafem why u come dey vex u post link for nairaland make dem comment put say na every one go say gud well as for me the video sucks
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2011
@Lafem why u come dey vex u post link for nairaland make dem comment put say na every one go say gud well as for me the video sucks and wetin come be HD for inside
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by JUO(m): 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2011
why u come dey vex u post link for nairaland make dem comment put say na every one go say gud well as for me the video sucks and wetin come be HD for inside
u know the meaning of HD, size of the screen, sound quality?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by marychi18: 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
Nice job,Lafem.
The critics can kiss their crap behind . Good job jare.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by OlokoNla1(m): 3:10pm On Apr 04, 2011
an eedeots job,
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by juman(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
Good job

Vote Jonathan/Sambo
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by semid4lyfe(m): 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
Nothing spectacular about the commercial IMO
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by Gbenge77(m): 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
Nonsensical advert.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by tlops(m): 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
"Oshisco"
Re: Goodluck Jonathan/sambo Animated Tv Commercial ( In Hd) by tlops(m): 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2011
The advert speaks well of the character of GEJ and sambo with their cheering (6) godfathers, even with the power of animation they couldn't hire more supporters. GEJ and sambo parading under the watchful eyes of the cabals. we go see,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photoshop retouching and manipulation by timmyedit(pictures) / Ethii Design: We Bring Your Designs To Life / Billboard Design Inspiration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.