Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,200 members, 7,807,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate (35615 Views)

Segun Awosanya (Segalink) Voted To Return Lekki Tollgate To LCC's Control / Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters / Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by dre11(m): 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
The Judicial Panel of Inquiry probing the alleged shootings of #EndSARS protesters by soldiers on October 20, 2020 at the Lekki tollgate in Lagos has declined the request by the operators of the tollgate, Lekki Concession Company, to “take back possession” of the tollgate.

The Chairman of the panel, retired Justice Doris Okuwobi, in a short ruling on Tuesday, said the tollgate plaza would remain closed.

The judge said the panel might have a need to pay another visit to the tollgate plaza after watching the video footage from a surveillance camera submitted by the LCC on Tuesday.

Counsel for LCC, Rotimi Seriki, had urged the panel to allow the firm “take possession” of the tollgate plaza to evaluate the level of damage for the purpose insurance claims.

Seriki was reinforcing an earlier request at the proceeding by the LCC Managing Director, Abayomi Omomuwa, who said save for last Friday when he led the panel on a visit to the toll plaza, the place had been inaccessible to LCC management.

Omomuwa said from what he saw during last Friday visit, the level of damage was so much, it would take LCC not less than six months to fix the tollgate plaza.

Omomuwa, who was answering a question on how soon the tollgate would resume operation, said, “Any projection made here will just be guesswork. When we went there that day, I saw the level of damage. The whole tolling system is completely destroyed. It will not take anything less than six months to fix.

“I want to plead that they let us have access so that we can process insurance.”

Reinforcing Omomuwa’s request, LCC lawyer, Seriki, said, “My humble request is that if the tribunal doesn’t have further need to visit the plaza, the LCC should be permitted to take back possession of the toll plaza for the purpose of evaluation of the damage and commence the process of carrying out necessary repairs.”

But ruling, Justice Okuwobi said the panel agreed that it was necessary for LCC to go and evaluate the level of damage “but we will not grant that access yet. The need may arise for the panel to revisit.”

The panel chairman encouraged LCC to make the application after the panel must have watched the video footage submitted by the firm.

PUNCH

2 Likes

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Miracleus: 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2020
Life situation has left me with no choice.i am an orphan struggling to survive with my younger sister, i took a loan to start a business which i lost everything to taskforce and now left with nothing, can't even pay my sisters school fees and am already loosing sleep as those i borrowed money from are on my neck.i am pleading with kind hearted Nigerians to help me as i am tired of everything. i don't know how my sister will fare if anything happens.
God bless you greatly

3054097013 miracle. U Gospel. First bank

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by abeniagbon(m): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2020
yes I said it, always in a haste to start working.. Las Las na huge bribe for follow

52 Likes

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Xzellentgraphic: 6:25pm On Nov 03, 2020
Useless people

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by GeneralStan(m): 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2020
All they care about is MONEY!!!

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by 4ckyou: 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2020
abeniagbon:
yes I said it, always in a haste to start working.. Las Las na huge bribe for follow

That's corruption for you, in Nigeria everybody is corrupt, even you and me

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by NNEWIsuper: 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2020
Good one.. They don't deserve to take it back

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Luckydubby7(m): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2020
Greedy fellows

15 Likes

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Flexherbal(m): 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2020
The Chairman of the panel, retired Justice Doris Okuwobi, in a short ruling on Tuesday, said the tollgate plaza would remain closed.
At least, for the now.

6 Likes

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by helinues: 8:22pm On Nov 03, 2020
undecided
Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Creeza(m): 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2020
[s]
helinues:
undecided
[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Faithfull19: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
Let God be the judge

16 Likes

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by ignis: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
They are acting according to script to deceive the gullible Nigerians.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Strongbest(m): 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by slawormiir: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Imagine
Nobody gives a fuckkk about the dead

They are in a haste to take over and make money

Listening to burna boy- 20 10 2020

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
Las las the whole world will get to know the real thing that went down that night and it won't be funny if the Nigerian Sojo is indicted...... Ajeh

13 Likes

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Nazgul: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
That tollgate should be demolished and vehicles should be allowed to move freely there...at least to honour the deaths in that spot

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Rebuke: 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
Smh. The only thing that matters to them.

The real reason they had to bring in the army to shoot peaceful protesters so as to stop them from distracting their business.

14 Likes

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by millionboi2: 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
Very good

1 Like

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by inoki247: 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
This People only care about Money u no see full footage tender na aw to take back ur business u dey hustle..

7 Likes

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by 4tomandchi: 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
Controversial controversy

1 Like

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Nigeriabiafra80: 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
Now you know they don’t care about you
Insurance fund is the only thing on their mind
Wether una like it
This country will divide for peace

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
All this panel here and their, what about those that they killed, is their not going to be panel to compensate their families?

Webmoney still available at 445/$

Also up for grab
Price: 29M for the two

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Royalfurnitures: 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
They want to reopen the toll plaza in a hurry to start making money same reason they killed those innocent protesters. Blood money!

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you and

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by emeijeh(m): 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
The masses 1-0 Thifnubu

9 Likes

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
ok
Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by ademi87(m): 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
E get wetin dem dey do for dere... Make dem comot the toll gate completely sef.. Nonsense

9 Likes

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by beautyhd: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
T
Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by berbs: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
Okies. We dey look nah.
Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by CocoaOla: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
The cronies vs nigerians

Re: Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate by specialmati(m): 8:41pm On Nov 03, 2020
;Dwhere are the zombies make una come stand in for una pay master ooh.look out no atom of shame black heart everywhere mumu people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

60th Birthday Of Mike Ozekhome: Patience & Goodluck Jonathan, Ekweremadu Spotted / Supporters Mob Lagos APC Candidate Sanwo-olu While Shopping In A SPAR In Lagos(p / Nude: IGP To Arraign Ohakim Over ‘Threat To Circulate Nude Photos’ Of A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.