Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? (20318 Views)

My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? / How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently / I Fear For The Life Of My Son- How Can I Overcome This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:00am On Dec 15, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah but you can't even get the jobs to give kids a decent life if you wanted to. The average pay of most jobs in Nigeria is 30 to 50k. Only 8 percent of Nigerians earn above 100k which is basically transport and food money for one person in a city like Lagos.
I swear man God save us in this country 50k is just for transportation and may be data, because I can't survive without internet. Depression will set in,

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:01am On Dec 15, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Men bros i don't know how married people are doing it o. If a single person is struggling how about people with kids and a wife.
God is providing for them, they always have their way, the most common reason why men don't get married now days is because of income. God have mercy
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Pharmjossy(m): 6:02am On Dec 15, 2020
[quote author=Klass99 post=95651169]
I have always wanted to live in Nigeria, while I continue to travel the world and visit other countries. But lately, I have been seriously contemplating relocating.
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Pharmjossy(m): 6:08am On Dec 15, 2020
Klass99:

I have always wanted to live in Nigeria, while I continue to travel the world and visit other countries. But lately, I have been seriously contemplating relocating.
[quote author=Klass99 post=95651169]

U spoke my mind , man. #ENDSARS and its aftermath revealed we, the youths have no future in NiGeria not to mention the Born n Unborn child. NOBODY was killed at LEKKI tolls gate BC Those KILLED were sons n daughters of NOBODY. Nobody was equally brutalized by SARS BC we were NOBODY. I pity myself that believe in a better Nigeria. They said we should wait till 2023 before doing something. Mumu me, since 1999 I HV been waiting. Na nai de plane to leave naija. Thunder fire who de hope

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Etinosa1234: 7:49am On Dec 15, 2020
Gerrard59:

Yeah, like those who wanted to vote in Okota but were disrupted or people who participated in the #EndSARS protests so as to end police brutality. In both cases (out of gazillions of civil participation cases), the vast majority of Nigerians attacked and condemned those acts.

Let those who want to flee do so. Nothing stops brotha Etinosa1234 from doing bettering Nigeria. Godspeed!

Lol..... Voting at okota... Never heard that.. I stay in okota, I didn't see any campaign poster nor any voting session that was disrupted so where did u get ur News from

Btw ... The protest brought about little changes and instilled fear in Police force but there are other ways of getting the change u desire...

How many youths are in the Labour union and the executive

How many youths are in the federal and state legislature

How many youths even contest party primaries not to talk election in Nigeria

Do the Nigerian population know that they can recall a legislator if he fails to perform above their expectations?

Most of us don't care abt the govt thats why they use us like rag

Donald Duke became commissioner in Cross River during the military era at 31 years and became governor when he was 38... His governance is still felt today in Cross River... Assuming he sat around complaining like most of u do, Cross River won't get to half of what it is now...

Stay there complaining about ur leaders as if they came from Mali

U that is complaining, do u have PVC or a party membership card...

Be there waiting for change to land on ur laps like bread...

Our leaders this, our leaders that... Goan and see how corrupt the civil service is... See how corrupt the ordinary Nigerian is... Don't u think our leaders is a reflection of the people that voted them

The President of Canada is in his 30s... If all he did was complain, did u think he'll see the post?

If what all developed countries did was to complain like u do, I doubt u would have anywhere to run to

Its easier to complain... Keep doing it... .. I hope it brings the change u deserve

Anybody that wants to.leave should leave at his own pace... Not because of prophets of doom
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Yaks02(m): 7:52am On Dec 15, 2020
Smile4mee01:
Hmnnn.

This a deep conversation.

Regardless of where you have your kids. I believe alot of work needs to be put into ensuring the kids turn out well and dont stray in life.

I agree and admit that kid of Nigerian decent abroad generally turn out well just because the society rewards hard work. So if a child puts in his shift, he almost certainly will be fine.

On the other hand, you and I know that not all nigerians youth who desire to travel end up travelling as travelling itself is expensive. Have a few kids, give them good education, ensourgae them in any sport or endeavor they love. Just do your best and leave the rest to God.

All my kids will certainly do sports and entertainment
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by romenna: 9:42am On Dec 15, 2020
You tink like a mere mortal.
I lost my dad wen I was 10 and mum was only a petty trader.
But I went on to build my own house at 28, a feat my late father couldn't achieve with all due respect to him.
I am also a manager in my office and all my colleagues are older than me in age including the office driver and cleaner.
I have a wife and a kid and I am 33yo.
Why should I be afraid for my kid.
The story of my life is enuf blueprint for him.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Tekrify(m): 9:44am On Dec 15, 2020
Venezuela ke...ur eye Neva see something grin >: grin grin grin
tensazangetsu20:

Me I don't even like western anglophone nations like that. I am absolutely fine with Mexico, South America, and all of Asia. South American nations exclusive of Venezuela and Ecuador get money die. Strong passports, amazing food, and beautiful women. Mexico is no brainer it's in the richest continent on earth. One can be in Mexico and build for the American consumer. It is literally just over the border.
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2020
englois:
Personally the state of the country is scary. Even those with good paying jobs are facing job insecurity cos of imminent layoffs. Inflation is another palaver. Imagine Gino tomato that goes for#50 now go for #100. Then another mentality of some people that God will take care of them is sickening. I'm not saying God won't take care of them but what plans do you have. I know of a private school teacher collecting #25000 salary and married with 3 kids before securing Npower job. After getting the job, he married another wife who now has two kids. All this because of #30000 Npower. Now, I don't have any pity to spare some people languishing in poverty cos of wrong decisions.
God! Are you serious man? Some men get mind o I swear
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:26am On Dec 15, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
Bro, there's this stupid man in my compound; a disabled man o. A man with one of his legs paralaysed just gave birth to his third kid last week. A man with no legs, no job, no handwork, no skill. No, he has 6 mouths to feed including himself ooh. His wife has no job, and they just popped a kidinto this world last week. I refused congratulating them sha, because how can one be this stupid sef? even me that is still in my teens have vowed never to have kids, or get married unless i achieve a certain financial status. Na im person without legs dey carry six mouths to feed without job. He go suffer ehn
people get mind I swear
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

It's not easy madam. Huge respect to you. Please try teaching your children some ICT skills and deep mathematics. It will help them anywhere no matter how horrible the country gets.
Thank you sir skills is very important now o Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:52am On Dec 15, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Even that 500k salary will become useless with time due to devaluation and inflation.

Honestly, we're bleeped from all angles.

God save us in this country please man don't say that you are sending tunder down my spine
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:53am On Dec 15, 2020
Karleb:

With the way things are going in this country, in 10 years time 1 million naira will not be able to maintain a nuclear family.

It's better to just migrate to a country with stable economy.
God of Elijah! Another one please stop sending thunder down my spine
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2020
A305:
No.

I already mapped out my plans for them.

They will be from 2 different babymama(s) so they can compete for supremacy between themselves to earn my admiration. However, I'm taking them through the digital world once they done with high school so, they can begin to earn like i currently earn online by themselves while in the university, And when they graduate -- they should be able to fend for themselves in the real world, still via the internet legitimately.
Another fresh boy on site Oga please get marry I beg you, how do you want our women to live a strong life without men
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:01am On Dec 15, 2020
uunwanaobong3:
Where una wan leave this hell hole country run go........ When all of una were voting in buhari, and then mocking some of us who saw the future and opposed this disaster by trying to vote in Jonathan....... Na, you all are crying, trying to leave behind the mess you all created.......... We all die here for this country, whether good or bad..... Una never see something.

What are you saying for God's sake? Say something good do you want Nigeria to fall apart together with all your family members? What benefits will you get let's pray for Nigeria

Nigeria will continue to be degraded, blood will continue to be shade, the country will continue to lose all values both human an natural resources until nigeria finally die a natural death. Amen
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:04am On Dec 15, 2020
Naughtysex:
That's why many of these married people (including myself) have indirectly giving up on our dreams just to being able to give the future of our kids a little shape
I cry everyday because my dream is slipping away from me due to financial insufficiency
the bad economy has forced me to either choose my dream over my innocent kids or the kids over my life
As a good father, i choose them over my life

My advice to every single person out there is to shut the door of having children for now if you are not "extra" financial buoyant

Although it was not as bad as it is now when i had them
You are scaring us wlh
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2020
Originalsly:

Frame the above! ... that's most important... if not... regardless of which country you migrate to... your kids will be a problem. Before this COVID-19 and ehmmm... New World Order... I would ve encouraged people to send their kids abroad mainly to gain the education that will be required in the future. But right now... things have been changing fast. Education is moving online... jobs are moving online... but more importantly the freedoms previously enjoyed in developed countries are being stripped away.... under the excuse of COVID-19 and saving lives. The most fundamental right... freedom of religion.. is being controlled. What will happen when movement is controlled?... in Nigeria... whatever the case... most can return to their respective villages...but abroad? Life is not easy anywhere in these times. What support can you get when your back is against the wall? Yes I live abroad.... for now.... in a job that does wayyy better because of the pandemic.....but the sufferings and desperation and hopelessness I see in so many of those that are affected by the crisis is saddening. Back home... people make out somehow on the very little they make and sooo many mouths to feed. The magic they perform back home cannot be performed here ... ingredients not available.

This is really deep.... stuck between a rock and a hard place. Magicians... over to you.
Please sir can you tell just two of the new world order so that I can prepare myself very soon, I'm so scary
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:11am On Dec 15, 2020
donchibe:
Hmmmm well I live in Qatar with good Job. Many Nigerian women in Qatar does nothing, they just stay at home. School fees in Qatar are very expensive from kindergarten to secondary school. They pay monthly, like kindergarten they pay 2500rial=312500naira monthly. Another one, Qatar does not give citizenship. My wife stayed for 1year without a job, she always stay indoors because there is no place to go. One can not visit someone without informing the person, because Qatar is a Muslim country. One day my wife told me she is not staying in Qatar again, if she stays she will get mad staying indoors, That she will go back to Nigeria with our son to start something doing. She will prefer visiting Qatar than living in Qatar. The reason why am saying this is that everyone abroad want to return to Nigeria because the suffering is everywhere, but Nigeria suffering is 200%.
Man I will prefer to suffer in Qatar than in... The impunity and injustice in Nigeria is too much, inflation is getting high everyday
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2020
Gerrard59:

Wahala for who dey highly fertile grin
Wicked boy grin
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Naughtysex: 11:15am On Dec 15, 2020
Hassanmaye:

You are scaring us wlh
I'm not scaring anyone, i only gave my little advice
You will not see the clear picture if you are not in the film

1 Like

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
Tonytonex:
this is great. please, do yourself a favour by watching this.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2020
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by LadyTianna(f): 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
Litmus:
As someone born abroad and whose formative years were in Nigeria, I would advice Nigerians to let their children grow up in Nigeria. Characters formed in Nigeria are unbeatable. Beyond the ages of 12 it is safe to send them abroad to school if you wish. If I could influence the black world, I would have them send their children to their nations of “genetic” origin during the formative years. I would have African Americans send their children to grow up in Nigeria or other African nations or the Caribbean, between the ages of I to 13 year old. After this, return them to America, Europe or wherever in the world you choose. It is absolutely vital that you let your black child form their character in Africa before moving them abroad if you wish. In Africa, Nigeria is the best place.

Yea, where they can be exposed to as much insecurity as possible right? Haven't you been seeing the news lately? Finances apart, the country is not safe
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by karika2018: 3:12am On Dec 16, 2020
Uyi168:
Yeah.
Thanks man!

Nigerians with good IT skills will succeed in the caribean and then off to canada or usa

it is also easier to travel to the caribean.........seek admission to barbados or bahamas island..........

good luck
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by karika2018: 3:19am On Dec 16, 2020
IamGreen1:

Be misleading people with your thinking o, since when have we been hoping that Nigeria is going to get better but instead it's getting worse everyday by everyday. Boss don't trust in Nigeria getting better anymore but individual improving themselves anyhow they can for the sake of our unborn kids but not necessarily wanting to leave the country at all cost, we can still be the best we've always inspire to be while in the country but with maximum hard-working, being focus that will lead us to our goals of being successful.

The country hard no be small, I can't stop thinking about everything happening in this country right now, it saddens my heart and weaken my soul.

Psquare.......paul and peter ....jude....all had their children in america........same with usche jombo.......tonto dikeh.....linda ikeji......

all children of mercy johnson are all america citizen apart from the last child mercy gave birth this year in nigeria because of covid 19 restriction.........omoni onoboli three children all born in the united states.........................

You can seek admission to barbados university or the bahamas........many nigerians are living in both countries.....when the become citizens they live for canada...........it is also cheaper to live in those countries and easy for nigerians to travel there.........

good luck............

1 Like

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by karika2018: 3:25am On Dec 16, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Me I don't even like western anglophone nations like that. I am absolutely fine with Mexico, South America, and all of Asia. South American nations exclusive of Venezuela and Ecuador get money die. Strong passports, amazing food, and beautiful women. Mexico is no brainer it's in the richest continent on earth. One can be in Mexico and build for the American consumer. It is literally just over the border.

27yrs ago i and my friends 5 of us finished secondary school and concluded after a long discussion if nigeria would make it....or come through....our assessment showed nigeria would not pull through.............by today none of us is in nigeria and we are by every standard successful..........atleast can provide for ourselves basic needs........

we can all aford to come back to live in nigeria and do well...........but it would never be an option......security is the cream of life...without it everything is rubbish.....................

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 16, 2020
Listen NIGERIANS!
In whatever plan or plans you have for yourself or family in 2021, whether married or single, if it doesn't include relocating from the country as NUMBER 1, I mean, the very first and most important plan, then forget it.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 16, 2020
I chose both......and I must get both......
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by kvngmaxy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2020
why
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by lordally(m): 1:47pm On Dec 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I sometimes wonder why those that condemn Nigeria haven't fled to Benin or Cameroon to start life all over since Nigeria is hell for them..

The funny thing is that those that condemn Nigeria either have political apathy or support bad leaders...

Like how do u intend to better this nation when u don't play ur part?

Its easier to complain and Nigerians do it best

Padi I go swear for u ooo...lols wetin dey worry u na...omo Nigeria no follow joor!!! Why u dey do like say u no know!!! Cameroon worst na...na why we still dey here
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by elfico(m): 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

You can be in your house and sars will still come and kill you. Imagine the horrors of the told stories. Now imagine the millions of stories untold. Many more brutal than what we have heard. What of even the army and it's excesses. I had a Sierra Leonean classmate and when he talked about the atrocities the Nigerian army committed in their country, fear gripped me.
the documentary 'Cry Freetown' detailed abuses of Nigerian troops during peace keeping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Forges Wife’s Landed Documents, Sells Her 2-storey Building In Lagos / See The High Number Of Babies To Be Born In Nigeria on New Year Day By UNICEF / Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.