Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,540 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Kia Sorento Refuses To Move - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Sorento Refuses To Move (1053 Views)

Kia Sorento Car Review: A Great Big Bus Built For Fun (pictures) / Kia Sorento P0443 / Error P2138 In Kia Sorento (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by emonkey(m): 9:20am On Nov 04, 2020
I have a problem with Kia Sorento 2008 model. It starts ok but press the throttle and it does not respond. It doesn’t even rev. My mechanic is also baffled. Any ideas?
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by Chukwujohn(m): 9:54am On Nov 04, 2020
Dear op, has the issue been solved kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07026487133
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by emonkey(m): 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2020
Located in Ibadan. Any ideas ?
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by sultaan(m): 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2020
what happened before this problem?
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by emonkey(m): 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
sultaan:
what happened before this problem?

Nothing. I parked it for about 4 days and then when I started the car the throttle is not reponding at all. No errror in scan.
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by sultaan(m): 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
emonkey:

Nothing. I parked it for about 4 days and then when I started the car the throttle is not reponding at all. No errror in scan.

You mean you drove it one day , got home then the next morning it won't start, or you were driving then it stopped moving
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by emonkey(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2020
sultaan:

You mean you drove it one day , got home then the next morning it won't start, or you were driving then it stopped moving

I said I PARKED the car for 4 days and when I started it again ON DAY 4 it will not move. The throttle did not work .
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by sultaan(m): 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2020
emonkey:

I said I PARKED the car for 4 days and when I started it again ON DAY 4 it will not move. The throttle did not work .

Since, the information you gave is limited and you mentioned a mechanic, I needed to know if he had worked on it prior, or if the problem started while the vehicle was moving/stationary.
Your car starts , engine rums, it idles, it will move when placed in drive.
Your mechanic will have tried revving it by manually pushing the throttle body.
If the car revs, then you have a broken throttle cable if it does not rev at throttle body, then you TPS throttle position sensor might be bad

2 Likes

Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
Police go say: Move or I move you! cheesy
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by emonkey(m): 6:32am On Nov 05, 2020
sultaan:

Since, the information you gave is limited and you mentioned a mechanic, I needed to know if he had worked on it prior, or if the problem started while the vehicle was moving/stationary.
Your car starts , engine rums, it idles, it will move when placed in drive.
Your mechanic will have tried revving it by manually pushing the throttle body.
If the car revs, then you have a broken throttle cable if it does not rev at throttle body, then you TPS throttle position sensor might be bad

The vehicle was STATIONARY and the mechanic has not worked on it yet except use computer to diagnose . No errors and he is therefore confused and says it may be brainbox problem. I disagree. Thanks I also thought TPS
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by sultaan(m): 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2020
It your mechanic has a scan tool he should have known to read the data of the TPS to see if its moving, sending signal to the computer.
TPS sends signal to CPU its open and CPU send fuel to burn in injector
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by ITbomb(m): 6:35am On Nov 06, 2020
Remove the battery head for about a minute, put back and try again
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by emonkey(m): 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
Primary cause was just low automatic transmission fluid. Very funny.
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by sultaan(m): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2020
emonkey:
I have a problem with Kia Sorento 2008 model. It starts ok but press the throttle and it does not respond. It doesn’t even rev. My mechanic is also baffled. Any ideas?

You said the car does not rev. from what you said it was only the engine which is why I said if you put it into drive it should move forward.
If you had revved it in neutral it would not have worked from your description.
Your post was not clear
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by emonkey(m): 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
sultaan:

You said the car does not rev. from what you said it was only the engine which is why I said if you put it into drive it should move forward.
If you had revved it in neutral it would not have worked from your description.
Your post was not clear

So what is your point now? You asked me to bring a car that was not moving from Ibadan so that you could examine it in Lagos ? Anyway, for information, I put it in drive, put it in reverse, no movement. Thank you sir.
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by sultaan(m): 1:59am On Nov 12, 2020
emonkey:

So what is your point now? You asked me to bring a car that was not moving from Ibadan so that you could examine it in Lagos ? Anyway, for information, I put it in drive, put it in reverse, no movement. Thank you sir.

Unfortunately I am not in Lagos, I never asked you to bring it to Lagos, I was only trying to help you diagnose and as we go through diagnosis you too will learn. I am not a mechanic, bit know better than your mechanic.

The problem will not be over until properly fixed enjoy your car and we hope others will learn from this.
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by diportivo: 7:03am On Nov 12, 2020
sultaan:

Unfortunately I am not in Lagos, I never asked you to bring it to Lagos, I was only trying to help you diagnose and as we go through diagnosis you too will learn. I am not a mechanic, bit know better than your mechanic.

The problem will not be over until properly fixed enjoy your car and we hope others will learn from this.

alaye,

u need to know the times to resist the urge angry

as I don read say u dey Lagos,I no expect make u reply again

ko need mo

if motor no revv at all and na gear oil low,village people dey one corner dey observe be dat

1 Like

Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by emonkey(m): 10:08am On Nov 12, 2020
diportivo:

alaye,

ko need mo

if motor no revv at all and na gear oil low,village people dey one corner dey observe be dat

Na wa for these your village people o. Try MFM you hear? Sorry o.
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by sultaan(m): 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
diportivo:

alaye,

ko need mo

Village people send message to me for Apete say this one go reach market by christmas
Re: Kia Sorento Refuses To Move by emonkey(m): 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
sultaan:

Village people send message to me for Apete say this one go reach market by christmas

Well done o! Village people don begin talk to you. No be say you sef no well be dat ? grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How The Car Suspension System Works And How Much To Repair / Kia Optima / AUDI Q7 2008 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.