Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. (60481 Views)

Niger Delta Congress To IPOB: ‘No Secessionist Group Can Annex Us’ / Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect / Atiku Meets With Representatives Of Nigerians In Washington D.C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Opexzy: 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2020
Elsueno:

Na corruption dey worry us for this country, Just imagine, a while back I applied for schoolarship PTDF in Nigeria, I wasn't even shortlisted. But Applied abroad and got in easily. I even use same documents and presentation.lol.

You are right, it's corruption... And it might remain like this if we don't create a system that is corruption-proof. Corruption is everywhere, but developed nations have built system and structure that checkmates the excesses of greedy and unfortunate people.

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Debra911(f): 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2020
Nazgul:
He's an Igbo man just that he said in his journal that he decided to change his name to yourba in order to honour the victims of the lekki massacre on yourba soil. grin
Hahaha.. Lmao
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by King44(m): 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2020
Emerald04:
Yoruba Amaka.
werey!!!! Na when them sew uniform for mc oluomo. Thug in a uniform.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Eriokanmi: 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2020
Opexzy:
Congratulations man. The irony of this country: it easier to make it overseas than at home. One day this narrative is gonna change. I believe!

God bless Nigeria
A good reason we must jointly end godfatherism ahead of 2023. Nigeria ought to been a replica of America where a son or daughter of nobody could become somebody without knowing anybody. The earlier we send all these thieves in our political space packing....those who have refused to leave government since 1960...the better. To those supporting godfatherism, the practise which has caused the youths of today to become perpetually hopeful of being a leader of tomorrow, use your head. They're using your head to remain relevant. They'd use you as thugs to snatch ballot boxes , just to have their way on top of peanuts. Many of you have died in the pricess, they don't care . But when they're giving their children's hands out in marriage, they won't remember inviting you. You'd not even see them again until the next election approaches.

2023 is near. Set yourselves free from perpetual bandage. Congrats Mr Owolewa. Under the regime of godfatherism, somebody like you wouldn't win a county poll.

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by opribo(m): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2020
Opexzy:
Congratulations man. The irony of this country: it easier to make it overseas than at home. One day this narrative is gonna change. I believe!

God bless Nigeria

Back home the Gangjaweed people hold sway because they can do and undo here but outside where they have no control you cant here them.

May God help us to be who we are supposed to be.

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Nogym(m): 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2020
aabeg wetting consine APC with this nah.

well this our Nigeria is long gone
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by mobi99(m): 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2020
we need a full fledged democracy..... thanks for making us proud, more to come
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Eriokanmi: 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Congratulations Fellow citizen.

Yoruba L'agba
yes oo. Under a godfatherism regime, this guy won't win an ordinary councillorship election. Let's join hands and end this monster in our country. 2023 is closer than we think
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by darelar(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations to Hon Oyewole. May God give you the wisdom to represent your people for the purpose you're elected for.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Solatium(m): 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2020
Opexzy:

God bless Nigeria

People only see hardships here,but it is still that hardships that propel people to success.
Once you remember how difficult it had been,you just have to keep reminding yourself why you can't afford to fail
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by PoliteActivist: 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
Igbo Amaka
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Juoflife1(f): 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2020
Wow.. Congratulations to him
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by sojfarm: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2020
APC flag this guy dey na Bleep up oooo
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by sylve11: 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2020
aremuforlife:

He is not there to remember Nigeria, he is elected by American to represent American only.

your teeth complete and you nor get ibeke................... cool
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2020
Emerald04:
Yoruba Amaka.
adult under illiteracy
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Ihatemumu: 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Tribalism, a favourite word of the Igbos.

Nobody except the igbos complain of tribalism, why?

Listen to yourself, If our fathers made the mistake of either promoting or practising tribalism, it would even be more stupid of us, for this digital generation to repeat our father's mistakes.

Tribalism and Racism are the same. Please think of your children future, Canada is one example of a country that embraced diversity and look at how it worked for them, do you think Nigeria will move forward if youths maintain a tribalistic mindset?

Finally, If you are hausa, Igbo or Yoruba, truth is
We did not select our parents
We did not select our Skin colour
We did not select our tribe.

Why should you have a man for something he/she didn't select?
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Okudiover(m): 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2020
Emerald04:
Yoruba Amaka.

grin grin grin
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Burgerlomo: 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations man, abeg don't associate yahsef with a Naija political party which their name started with the letter A and ended with letter C because I can see that they're already congratulating you on your victory.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Odinaka00(m): 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
Even though I'm Igbo but I must say that Yoruba Amaka
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by holaralph(m): 12:58pm On Nov 04, 2020
Wow I knew it. When my sister sent this to me. That I should share the video with friends

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by omenka(m): 12:58pm On Nov 04, 2020
aremuforlife:

He is not there to remember Nigeria, he is elected by American to represent American only.
Eod of discussion!!

I don't really understand what all this noise about IS election is about. Gosh!

Whether Trump or Biden, none would change the pathetic situation of things in Nigeria. We can only fix our country ourselves.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Opexzy: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2020
Solatium:

People only see hardships here,but it is still that hardships that propel people to success.
Once you remember how difficult it had been,you just have to keep reminding yourself why you can't afford to fail

It's true that; "hardships propels people to success". But the Nigeria system is built in a manner not to frustrate hardwork.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by chijokz(m): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2020
aremuforlife:

Exactly!
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by richbox(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2020
can this guy occupy this position in Nigeria as young as he is?
just asking for a friend.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Charly68: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congrats ,if Obama was able to rule in a place built for white man,what stops you too from rising to that heights. You will excel my brother .
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Ganzoh: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2020
E go sweet Una to tweet @APC UK.... hypocrite, if the guy had wanted to run for that same office in Nigeria they would have rigged him out....e for no smell primaries sef.

#Endbadgovernment
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Olabamiji509: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
Oga abeg don't let this apc people congrat you oo,coz their mouth full of poison.soo make them no spoil ur reputation.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Sundaymoj: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
Proud of you
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Glaswegian: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
He is from a popular family in Omu Aran, Kwara state. A number of his cousins were my school mates in Offa Grammar School
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by DonEvarest(m): 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
juman:
The worst kind of politicians in America are the Washington establishment.

They are lawmakers only to argue on unnecessarily things. They are unserious politicians.

America is overrated country with the best liar president in the world as their president.
coming from a man whose country copys American political culture... SMH
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Sundaymoj: 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2020
Debra911:

Hahaha.. Lmao
funny

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Sundaymoj: 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2020
Glaswegian:
He is from a popular family in Omu Aran, Kwara state. A number of his cousins were my school mates in Offa Grammar School
Tah! Shut up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Photo With APC Governors In London Is Old And Fake – FFK / Koko Zaria Opens Hotel (Video) / 'Fulani Must Go': Edo Women Protest, Block Major Roads (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.