Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:03 PM

Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital (31764 Views)

Brave Chinese Woman Walks Into A Hospital Holding Snake That Bit Her(Photos) / Keke Napep Converted To A Hospital Ambulance (Photos) / Young Girl Lands In A Hospital After Being Bitten By A Venomous Snake. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by Dreadlock69(m): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2020
My mum's a nurse
So I went to her hospital for my injection
She told her junior assistance to attend to me,I have a crush on her, she gave me the injection,and me I know dey greet am at all so I think say she dey mean me die
Fast forward she giv me injection for Yash thank God she know paralyzed me or leave me press phone with syringe for my Yash

The second one nah I dey clean my ear with cotton bud the thing sweet me die so they I forget myself the cotton no gree commot for my ear again omo see race wey I use reach my mama hospital that day

Thridly one man for my area around 1am dey sleep for house so I insect enter him ear the thing come dey buzz omo the guy pick race reach my mama hospital .that midnight them charged am 15k be say hypertension hold the man the man pay immediately him say him just hear zzzzzzmmm zmmmmmm for him ear

Another one know dey trust any of those guys wey dey carry bigi apple or teem or energy drink around Everytime them dey mix am naso my guy go collect bigi apple for him friend hand drink am
Omo the next thing the guy just dey sweat just dey restless him go sit for floor go stand up later him go run up and down
Him run come hospital shout doctor doctor my body I doing me some how I can't stand I can't sit I can't lay down my body is doing me like engine
Them ask wetin him take him say nah bigi apple wey him friend drink him collect drink to
Oooo
Him come dey shout doctor am fainting open the door please , I wan shit doctor no make I dey lah down here
Him spend 50k that day because of 1h drink
The next two days the guy go buy fearless they drink for hospital my mummy just dey look am say no worry continue to dey drink energy drink you still get another 50k no problem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by error4040: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
A gunfight cool

[img]https:///3004d6468f2ca96335106089df8d8c33/tumblr_nyg3llNkd41u2ragso1_r1_500.gif[/img]
Please I can't recall the name of this movie.
Please tell me
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by shogsman(m): 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2020
ukaface:
The best thing for a well thinking healthcare professional to do is to leave Nigeria. Cos most of these Nigerian patients no get chill, Chai....some patients too dey get scoin scoin for head. And most times they forget health workers are human like them .

Mind you, I know there are some bad eggs.

One crazy thing I've seen , a patent was rushed on account of collapsing after fighting with a neighbour. Her peeps with all the pleading didn't drop any shilling before commencement of treatment. We all rallied to revive her, she became conscious, and was receiving treatment.
Ngbanu, time to collect money, make deposit o. Everybody shift,until a man who identified himself as husband Abi Na husband friend/ brother came to question the deposit bill. Trust Yorubas ( sorry for the stereotype) Na so abuse and insult follow, almost beat me join, I kukuma shift. Doctor came to know whatsup, and it almost went violent. Las Las they carried on the revived woman without paying a dime. Nothing.
Now do you get why paying before treatment can be implemented in a setting??
Healthcare workers are human, you probably won't do better.

And please can y'all stop linking nurses to sex?

You're right but the truth Is 4 out of 5 Nigerian nurses are unprofessional
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by 9ja083: 11:11pm On Nov 04, 2020
A patient couldn't pay for her hospital bill after delivery of her baby boy. She was there till her baby was 7months old. Then her husband impregnated her again. It was a good Nigerian that paid for her hospital bill when her pregnancy was 4months old.
The other is a man whose wife is over protective. But b4 his wife will come back from school runs, the man had invited his side chick for s3x and almost died of heart attack. His side chick picked race.

1 Like

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by JastSiryin(m): 11:28pm On Nov 04, 2020
Blessinq1:
One time I was sick and had to visit a hospital. I was diagnosed and asked to receive injection.
On the first day, my mom and sister accompanied me and I was wearing trousers, when the time to take the injection reached (from a male nurse), I pulled down my trousers almost to my feet grin. My sister burst into laughter, my mom gave me one evil eye and the nurse just had a strange look on his face.
I didn't even understand why until on our way home, my sister explained to me that I was supposed to just bring the trousers a little bit below my bum grin
Your story was the funniest abeg. That sickness really made you lose your mind grin
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by babtoundey(m): 11:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
I rarely visit hospital. I always sleep off my sickness.
The only time I visited a hospital was when I was in three hundred level. I was weak, I think it was malaria, and I didn't want to give it chance to weaken me further because I had to read for exam. So I decided to visit Haha (my school clinic). I got to Jaja around 2:30 and I was still waiting to be attended to at six. Before they eventually attended to me, the sickness had already disappeared.

2 Likes

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by ukaface(f): 11:52pm On Nov 04, 2020
shogsman:

unprofessional how?

1 Like

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by ukaface(f): 11:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
OgaRico:

A nurse spotted and trying her best to save herself and some of her follow nurses.No vex but nurses wey dey linked to s*x pass those wey no dey linked to s*x and so majority carries the vote .
what's your tribe?
Can we act this way with whatever tribe, race or profession you're representing and you would be cool with it?
Wondering why we should even bother to have a better place to live in, if this is your mindset

Human have wahala true true.
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by DedeNkem: 11:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
There are many incompetent people in Nigerian hospitals. Most times they misdiagnose you and get "treated" for an ailment you're not suffering!

Our hospitals are death chambers!
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by bummyla(m): 12:12am On Nov 05, 2020
I woke up to the sound of a woman moaning! I turned! A male nurse was servicing a female patient with his fingers, all in the name of treating her infection! The mumu girl no even try to cover up at all!

2 Likes

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by IntegralC(m): 12:15am On Nov 05, 2020

9 Likes

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by DareyFortified: 12:21am On Nov 05, 2020
babtoundey:
I rarely visit hospital. I always sleep off my sickness.
The only time I visited a hospital was when I was in three hundred level. I was weak, I think it was malaria, and I didn't want to give it chance to weaken me further because I had to read for exam. So I decided to visit Haha (my school clinic). I got to Jaja around 2:30 and I was still waiting to be attended to at six. Before they eventually attended to me, the sickness had already disappeared.

Lol Jaja will always be Jaja, it might even be your turn and you will hear no doctor is available.
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by enonche85(m): 12:40am On Nov 05, 2020
My case was an experience I don't want to have ever again..
My first night shift ever we had emergencies, all pregnant women. The first woman had a miscarriage, the second had a still birth while the third died along with the baby due to pre-enclampcia. The fourth woman was in labour and was rushed to the hospital 7am the next morning, as the husband rushed in to call for help the lady gave birth inside the car outside.

5 Likes

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by WaterWalker5(m): 12:53am On Nov 05, 2020
FuckThaMod:
I was just passing by when i heard screams, so out of curiosity i went to the window where the sound came from, the curtain was there but wasn't closed properly. I peeped and saw a woman giving birth, then from nowhere i received a knock on my head.
Op have you not heard the popular proverb that "Curiosity killed the cat?"
Hope you've learnt your lesson

3 Likes

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by bummyla(m): 1:04am On Nov 05, 2020
I took my teen son to hospital for treatment, among the tests we should do was HIV test! I was afraid, since he turned 16 he has been telling me how various ladies, old women even one guy had tried to seduced him! Most night we read his WhatApp chats together! I kept telling him abstinence is the best, but if you must do please wear a condom! And 2ndly I was very worried he might not get his size in Nigeria market! So, I kept preaching abstinence.

when it was time for us to collect the test results, normally they hand them over to patients, but that day's own a nurse collected them, selected some of the files, called out their names and asked us to follow her to another reception.

I noticed two doors facing this new reception, everyone coming out from room 1 was crying, stifling tears, or wore a long look! I hated that room 1. Room 2 was different, they were happy and smiling.

So the nurse divided us into two groups, those that will enter room 1 which my son's name was mentioned and those of Room 2.

And I panicked!

After a while a young lady burst out of room 1 and was wailing uncontrollably, that was how we discovered she tested positive to HIV! And my son was called to wait for Room 1.

Men! I dead a million times over!

I pulled him aside and asked him to tell me the truth! If he had started having sex, and when did he have unprotected sex! He kept saying "Dad, I have had sex, still a virgin, if I have had sex I will tell you! you will get mad, but will still forgive me! I don't have time for ladies now!"

Another guy came out of Room 1 sobbing! His relatives hugged him and I heard him whisper "Positive"

And I was angry within myself, why will a big hospital like this could be so nonchalant about how they disclose to their patients their status!

A million thoughts were running inside my head! I even wanted to start crying! But I have to man up!

The more i pleaded with him to tell me the truth and prepare for the eventualities, the more he was getting angry that I don't believe him!

Finally they called him in, i wanted to follow him, but the nurse refused! So, I stayed outside, the longest 10 minutes of my life! When he came out, he refused to make eye contact with me, and had a long face!

God! I thought my world had collapsed! I wanted to started shouting and beating him! But I cant remember the last time I beat him! And now he has grown into a fine gentle man! God! This is how this boy finished me!

He stood far from me! I waited for him to make eye contact with me, so i could signal to him to come over to my side! He refused to raise his head up, so I was forced to walk over to his own side!

"What did the doctor say?" I asked him
He just thrust the lab result into my hands, quickly i scanned through them, but they were not making sense to me. I grabbed him, in a low and no nonsense voice i asked him again "What did the doctor say?"

"Its a pity you don't believe me Dad! Negative"
"What/"
"Negative! She asked me a couple of questions, gave me some sex education, nothing I have not heard before"
I still couldn't believe it!
"But they called you into Room 1"
"Because am 16, see" He showed me where the test said Negative!

I was so angry with that Hospital, I wished I could break something there!

24 Likes

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by WaterWalker5(m): 1:22am On Nov 05, 2020
Zanxx:
So my colleagues and I were on night shift when a little boy was rushed in. Apparently, the boy had been sick and throwing up for days before the parents and grandma brought him to the hospital. The boy was in a critical condition, so the doctor and nurse decided to stabilize him first then refer him to another hospital. Some few minutes later, his grandma ran down to the ground floor to ask us where her grandson was. We told her we hadn't seen him. The woman kept insisting her grandson just descended the staircase and she saw him. My friend told her the boy is upstairs in the children's ward, how on earth can he be downstairs. She went outside to check, still not convinced. She came back inside, looked around and went back up. Some few minutes later the boy was dead. Oh boy, come see the way fear catch us. It was crazy and scary
Your story brings to mind one hospital experience I had in 2012 at one general hospital in Ajegunle. I had gone for an hernia operation which was successful as I was convalescing on my bed with a drip attached to my hand, a young man was brought in one night. He was complaining of stomach problems and inability to pass out faeces. The following evening, the young man died while the doctor was tryna flush out the excess stuff in his distended stomach. As they were trying to resuscitate him, I saw a shadow figure in my peripheral vision pass beside the window which had the shape and height of the man who just died!!!!
I spent only one week in that ward and witnessed four deaths and one traumatic health crisis

8 Likes

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by ecomalchemist(m): 3:08am On Nov 05, 2020
ukaface:
The best thing for a well thinking healthcare professional to do is to leave Nigeria. Cos most of these Nigerian patients no get chill, Chai....some patients too dey get scoin scoin for head. And most times they forget health workers are human like them .

One crazy thing I've seen , a patent was rushed on account of collapsing after fighting with a neighbour. Her peeps with all the pleading didn't drop any shilling before commencement of treatment. We all rallied to revive her, she became conscious, and was receiving treatment.
Ngbanu, time to collect money, make deposit o. Everybody shift,until a man who identified himself as husband Abi Na husband friend/ brother came to question the deposit bill. Trust Yorubas ( sorry for the stereotype) Na so abuse and insult follow, almost beat me join, I kukuma shift. Doctor came to know whatsup, and it almost went violent. Las Las they carried on the revived woman without paying a dime. Nothing.

but y'all are beautiful, sweet and endowed in the right places.

1 Like

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by Realhommie(m): 3:15am On Nov 05, 2020
ukaface:

At first bolded, not some but plenty and many bad eggs, lol. Let's not even kid ourselves. The percentage of Nigerian health practitioners involved in unprofessional conducts far outweighs those who're very professional. I didn't carry out any research, no need because testimonies of patients abound both online and offline. Again, the average Nigerian health worker lacks common empathy which should be a basic trait, I don't know if there's an unwritten law for them to be mean, wicked and/or not caring at all.

To the second bolded, like seriously? cheesy cheesy

How can people stop na? Impossicant, e be like say you no know. Just speak for yourself ooo coz you can't win the war. Lol
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by Realhommie(m): 3:18am On Nov 05, 2020
shogsman:
In my undergraduate days we rushed some students who got involved in an accident to a campus on getting there none of the nurses there could touch them, apparently they're afraid of blood,thank God one doctor later came to our aid sha
Haba, me sef dey fear blood ooooo.. So i no think say i for/go fit be medical person oooo, lai lai.
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by Realhommie(m): 3:21am On Nov 05, 2020
shogsman:

Oh, as if i saw this comment. Lol
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by Realhommie(m): 3:25am On Nov 05, 2020
DedeNkem:
There many incompetent people in Nigerian hospitals.
I swear. Flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you. cheesy cheesy
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by Realhommie(m): 3:31am On Nov 05, 2020
9ja083:
A patient couldn't pay for her hospital bill after delivery of her baby boy. She was there till her baby was 7months old. Then her husband impregnated her again. It was a good Nigerian that paid for her hospital bill when her pregnancy was 4months old.
The other is a man whose wife is over protective. But b4 his wife will come back from school runs, the man had invited his side chick for s3x and almost died of heart attack. His side chick picked race.
Poor people sef, na dem dey mainly populate the earth ooo, lol. Coz they're very good at fvcking and birthing kids here and there, they breed like rabbits. Even in such situation the guy still score another goal, wonderment..

Now what do you think the future holds for such kids? So unfair.. If i were the man who rescued them the kind scolding ehn, nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by Realhommie(m): 3:42am On Nov 05, 2020
WaterWalker5:

Your story brings to mind one hospital experience I had in 2012 at one general hospital in Ajegunle. I had gone for an hernia operation which was successful as I was convalescing on my bed with a drip attached to my hand, a young man was brought in one night. He was complaining of stomach problems and inability to pass out faeces. The following evening, the young man died while the doctor was tryna flush out the excess stuff in his distended stomach. As they were trying to resuscitate him, I saw a shadow figure in my peripheral vision pass beside the window which had the shape and height of the man who just died!!!!
I spent only one week in that ward and witnessed four deaths and one traumatic health crisis
Wowwww, were you terrified by those experiences?

And would you say the shadow you saw was the ghost of the young man, what's your take? Many people don't believe in such.

1 Like

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by Realhommie(m): 3:43am On Nov 05, 2020
ecomalchemist:

but y'all are beautiful, sweet and endowed in the right places.
Bros which kind white lie be dis na, undecided undecided undecided...
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by ABOVEDELAW: 4:12am On Nov 05, 2020
IS LAI MOHAMMED YOUR UNCLE?
motionarena:
Lol i remember years back when i was ill, I went to the hospital.

My body was so hot and the doctor recommended i take a cold shower before proceeding with treatment.

A Nurse escorted me to the shower as i was taking my bath the Nurse took off her clothes and joined me in the shower was kissing me and rubbing my diick.

I was so weak I was just looking at her(was in my teens then really didn't even understand what she was doing then), when she noticed I was not responding to her touches she then left me alone.

100% true life story happened to me in teens as people are already quoting me as lair.
Believe if u like or not
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by madridguy(m): 4:22am On Nov 05, 2020
This matter serious oooo.

Vanzcharles:
A mad woman giving birth in a labour room. I was shocked, who on earth got her pregnant. It was no joke, the way she screamed and shouted, even held until a man that came to see his wife.

The mam was embarrassed, the nurses were saying 'OGA calm down just follow am so she go quiet' Lol. grin if na me I no go fit o...

Na so d woman born sha....
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by madridguy(m): 4:30am On Nov 05, 2020
Imagine person with BP grin na so the person go just die.

bummyla:
I took my teen son to hospital for treatment, among the tests we should do was HIV test! I was afraid, since he turned 16 he has been telling me how various ladies, old women even one guy had tried to seduced him! Most night we read his WhatApp chats together! I kept telling him abstinence is the best, but if you must do please wear a condom! And 2ndly I was very worried he might not get his size in Nigeria market! So, I kept preaching abstinence.

when it was time for us to collect the test results, normally they hand them over to patients, but that day's own a nurse collected them, selected some of the files, called out their names and asked us to follow her to another reception.

I noticed two doors facing this new reception, everyone coming out from room 1 was crying, stifling tears, or wore a long look! I hated that room 1. Room 2 was different, they were happy and smiling.

So the nurse divided us into two groups, those that will enter room 1 which my son's name was mentioned and those of Room 2.

And I panicked!

After a while a young lady burst out of room 1 and was wailing uncontrollably, that was how we discovered she tested positive to HIV! And my son was called to wait for Room 1.

Men! I dead a million times over!

I pulled him aside and asked him to tell me the truth! If he had started having sex, and when did he have unprotected sex! He kept saying "Dad, I have had sex, still a virgin, if I have had sex I will tell you! you will get mad, but will still forgive me! I don't have time for ladies now!"

Another guy came out of Room 1 sobbing! His relatives hugged him and I heard him whisper "Positive"

And I was angry within myself, why will a big hospital like this could be so nonchalant about how they disclose to their patients their status!

A million thoughts were running inside my head! I even wanted to start crying! But I have to man up!

The more i pleaded with him to tell me the truth and prepare for the eventualities, the more he was getting angry that I don't believe him!

Finally they called him in, i wanted to follow him, but the nurse refused! So, I stayed outside, the longest 10 minutes of my life! When he came out, he refused to make eye contact with me, and had a long face!

God! I thought my world had collapsed! I wanted to started shouting and beating him! But I cant remember the last time I beat him! And now he has grown into a fine gentle man! God! This is how this boy finished me!

He stood far from me! I waited for him to make eye contact with me, so i could signal to him to come over to my side! He refused to raise his head up, so I was forced to walk over to his own side!

"What did the doctor say?" I asked him
He just thrust the lab result into my hands, quickly i scanned through them, but they were not making sense to me. I grabbed him, in a low and no nonsense voice i asked him again "What did the doctor say?"

"Its a pity you don't believe me Dad! Negative"
"What/"
"Negative! She asked me a couple of questions, gave me some sex education, nothing I have not heard before"
I still couldn't believe it!
"But they called you into Room 1"
"Because am 16, see" He showed me where the test said Negative!

I was so angry with that Hospital, I wished I could break something there!
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by mecussey(m): 6:00am On Nov 05, 2020
CzarChris:
I only have terrible memories of the hospital. I remember in my final year in the university, I had to sleep in the hospital with my now late Dad throughout my 1st semester. I'd leave him and my mum in the hospital room and go sleep in the car. That period was when I understood the futilty of life. I'd be sleeping in the car, because we were parked close to the hospital mortuary, every night they'll carry at least 3-4 dead bodies past me in the car to the mortuary. That was actually when I started living a simple and carefree life.

Some people in also rock don't even know that one
Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by princefrank76: 6:02am On Nov 05, 2020
Missyajoke:

May God comfort you its not easy.
Amen thanks, I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital by Abiliboi: 6:23am On Nov 05, 2020
For the first time I saw myself in a hospital , after several diagnosis, it called for a surgery. chest tube surgery. After every preparation and payments, it took off. My disappointing moments was walking to the theatre room on my own all the way from the wardroom as far as, afterwards no means of conveying my weak body back to the wardroom again. I waited for over 1hr before a group of IT students came with Wheelchair, you need to see how I carried my chest tube container and the hose wte. SMH. We fell down twice before reaching the wardroom. The same wardroom without windows and doors. I slept there more than two weeks. A parapneumonic patient for that matter!. A federal medical center for that matter!.
Na God dey save us in this country. #ONGOD

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Student Dies After Hospital Refused To Treat Her Over N10, 000 Bill / Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) / 7 Medical Myths That Even Doctors Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.