Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River (9043 Views)

Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada / Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment / Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 05, 2020
Medical doctors on Wednesday began an indefinite strike following the kidnap of their colleague, Dr Godwin Udo.

It was gathered that Udo, of the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, was kidnapped on Sunday at his residence on Bateba Street around 7.30pm.

An eyewitness said about five kidnappers snatched the victim while he was driving into his compound.

A family source said the kidnappers called around 2am on Tuesday and demanded N7m ransom.

Reacting to the incident on Wednesday at a news conference, the Chairman of the Cross River State branch of the Nigerian Medical Association, Dr Innocent Abang, said doctors had begun an indefinite strike and would not call it off until he was released.

He said, “He was taken from his home around 7.30pm when there was no movement. How did that happen? This happened at Bateba. Soldiers are in that area enforcing curfew.

“Our colleague must be released unconditionally. Security agencies should know who the kidnappers are. The curfew should be reviewed if someone could be abducted during curfew.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Irene Ugbo, confirmed the abduction of Udo, adding that “the command is working round the clock to track down the abductors.”

https://punchng.com/doctors-begin-strike-over-kidnapped-colleague-in-criver/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1604548738

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by correctyourself(m): 8:26am On Nov 05, 2020
When they lost a patient as a result of negligence, no body go on strike. Still they keep demanding for all manners (salary, allowances, bonuses, promotion, release our kidnaped members, better welfare/official building) , strike today strike tomorrow, with all their attention going into their private hospitals/clinic and pharmacies, thereby paying less attention to their employer (government hospital). nonsense.

How many time has security agencies goes on strike as a result of losing their member in the line of duty?

10 Likes

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Mayng01(m): 8:29am On Nov 05, 2020
Insecurity under this administration has moved from bad to worse . And the cluelessness of the bubu is tearing things apart

1 Like

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by inoki247: 11:55am On Nov 05, 2020
Wetin dey occur for Cross River lately well you guys should calm down ur Governor will com nd cry for u guys....

Buh seriously I don't understand oh if you guys dey go on strike because of your colleagues waz kidnapped wetin mak Kastina nd Zamfara people du everyone go don go on strike for dere....

8 Likes

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by ATEAMS: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2020
Courage doesn't mean you don't get afraid. Courage means you don't let fear stop you.

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Lovelies1: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2020
Well if it have not effect you, you will keep. Nigeria are stepping up and changing the narrative if it affects one it affects all

Those religious groups that think Biden victory, has gotten Trump out of their way. It's a lie cause you have to think again. I would tell you what to think but when it happens you will ..

Read deep
Well for the Rapturables, (Read deep)
the ones who are getting ready for their flight, when they start sending for crazy bills from a country (you should know the country) to be enshrined in Nigeria, never should you fight against the bill thinking the other religion groups is your sister against the fight. No never, do not let hypocrisy covered your eye. With are in the last session. Support any bill they bring in but support it on the ground of HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS. Everyone has its right to do what what he wants..

Then you will watch how in one hour God's plan will take place

And what GOD means by "my people come out from her, do not take place in her misery, pay her as she pays you"

Do not get confused over this post.
Do not get confused over this post.

I could have explained well but..........

Just support any bill to buy more time to preach the gospel to the farthest end
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by GIANTPLUSHUB: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2020
Mheen! Wahala for the hospital patients. Olorun kilon happen for this Naija naaaw?
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by judetov2(m): 11:57am On Nov 05, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by CreativeHub37(m): 11:57am On Nov 05, 2020
It is well. I pray that the kidnapped doctor be found in good health.

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Vyzz: 11:57am On Nov 05, 2020
cool

Nigeria is worst than Gotham...

We need a batman

1 Like

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by blacknoir: 11:58am On Nov 05, 2020
H
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by onoms4luv(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2020
Medical on Strike, ASUU on Strike, Protests still on going, sars are still on ground, things are just going bad on daily basis, can Nigeria still be Nigeria again...

1 Like

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by ignis: 11:58am On Nov 05, 2020
They should gather and pay the ransom of #7M first.
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Xzellentgraphic: 11:58am On Nov 05, 2020
Its well...the country is hot...Do need logo, flyer or banner..contact me now for nice designs...get my contact from signature now
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Walai(m): 11:59am On Nov 05, 2020
Govt. declared curfew, there is presence of military everywhere and kidnappers still dey operate ?
How did I get here
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Vitamin17(m): 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
cool
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Nelly4you: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2020
this is serious
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by composure: 12:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
I hope the navy seal team 6 or the marines comes to their rescue.but, they should try and get the kidnappers alive.

Then you will know that the kidnappers are either akwaibomites or Igbos.

Yours truly.
Signed and sealed
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Findschoolnews: 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by composure: 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2020
ignis:
They should gather and pay the ransom of #7M first.

a female kidnapper, cooking for the victims of kidnappers spotted

1 Like

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by olufeyikemi90789: 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2020
Mheen! Wahala for the hospital patients. Olorun kilon happen for this Naija naaaw?
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by youngwarlocks: 12:08pm On Nov 05, 2020
correctyourself:
When they lost a patient as a result of negligence, no body go on strike. Still they keep demanding for all manners (salary, allowances, bonuses, promotion, release our kidnaped members, better welfare/official building) , strike today strike tomorrow, with all their attention going into their private hospitals/clinic and pharmacies, thereby paying less attention to their employer (government hospital). nonsense.

How many time has security agencies goes on strike as a result of losing their member in the line of duty?

Insensitivity

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2020
This shows solidarity to their colleague and I like it, but patients will have to pay the price of the crime they didn't commit and I hate that.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by exposition: 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2020
Ayade tutu Mkpong!
People will still be praising the governor!
With insecurity all round
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by SWORD419(m): 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2020
Is it the patients fault?
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Blackking98(m): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2020
inoki247:
Wetin dey occur for Cross River lately well you guys should calm down ur Governor will com nd cry for u guys....

Buh seriously I don't understand oh if you guys dey go on strike because of your colleagues waz kidnapped wetin mak Kastina nd Zamfara people du everyone go don go on strike for dere....
Kidnapping is rampant in calabar since January
Almost every week someone is kidnapped.
And doctors seem to be their favourite victim.
Ayade doesn't care about security in the state.
Anyway me I'm here to watch any ediot that'll say it's Akwa ibomites when the Dr kidnapped is an Akwa ibomite too.
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Omezif(m): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2020
Good, by this strike i believe our careless Government would care and rescue him.
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Patrickyemi: 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Oogway: 12:40pm On Nov 05, 2020
In 2020 alone several of my colleagues (Doctors) in cross River state have been victims of kidnap. How much do they think doctors earn? A senator hardship allowance alone would pay Doctors salary. We don’t discriminate when treating patients why come after us always. A doctor have been kidnapped in almost every department in UCTH yet our crying Governor is doing nothing. US NAVY seal team 6 flew over 8,000km to rescue a kidnapped US citizen yet here in Nigeria, kidnapping is happening just few meters from Soldiers roadblock and nothing stops them
Re: Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River by Dblaiz(f): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Stumbled on this Deloitte Aptitude test prep pack, and it was really helpful
https://myjobtests.com/test/deloitte-aptitude-test-prep-pack-ebook-online/

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

World AIDS Day: When Was The Last Time You Checked Your HIV Status? / Lagos State Shuts Down 20 Health Facilities For Non-Compliance / Boost Your Sex Drive Naturally Eat all these .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.