Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,723 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed (1780 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army / Sadiq Ahmed: Amotekun Was Set Up To Annihilate Herdsmen From South West / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by bolaayenimo: 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi

LAGOS- Dr. Junaid Mohammed, elder statesman and Second Republic federal lawmaker has said the Western Nigeria Security Network (WNSN), codenamed Operation Amotekun did not live up to its responsibilities during the #EndSARS protests mayhem in Lagos and some South-West states.

Hoodlums, who seized the #EndSARS protests, unleashed an orgy of violence resulting in the destruction of public and private assets.

Speaking in an interview with INDEPENDENT, Junaid also condemned pan- Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere and its leader, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, whom he said threatened South-West governors with revolt if they failed to establish Amotekun in their respective states.

He said: “These characters in Afenifere under this Ayo Adebanjo are making noise and saying publicly that if Yoruba governors don’t create Amotekun, they are going to incite their people against the government. A responsible man will never say this.

“If they want to create a crisis because you don’t like some people, fine. Other people will also create their problems. We were told that Amotekun is a harmless but effective security organisation. Now we are having #EndSARS crisis with looting and arson, have you seen one Amotekun official or a single-vehicle anywhere in the South-West? They simply disappeared".

“Let me tell you this and I have been saying it in the past 30 years. If every state in Nigeria can take of their own security, Kano my home state and Lagos can never do that because they don’t have the manpower. Kano and Lagos people don’t join the police force because they are mostly business people and traders.

“I want to throw a challenge to the federal government. Let them withdraw all the security operatives in Lagos and Kano. Let’s see how there will be peace there,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/amotekun-was-nowhere-to-be-found-during-endsars-crisis-junaid-mohammed/

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by DenreleDave(m): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2020
Ok

The last time I checked, today is Monday
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by Davash222(m): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2020
Why is this WASTEful Head slammer against the peace and betterment of Southern Nigeria? All for the caliphate or sheer ignorance?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by Moferere: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2020
What is the correlation between mob action and Amotekun? Junaid should go & sit down.
He's pained that Amotekun no longer allow their cows to destroy our farms.

Southern Nigerians cannot tolerate invasion of our villages any longer. If you are not OK with it, go and sit down

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by nairavsdollars(f): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2020
amotekum are bunch of political appointees

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by nairavsdollars(f): 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2020
are you normal?
DenreleDave:
Ok

The last time I checked, today is Monday
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by Freestainworld(m): 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2020
A head without sense is an empty head.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by fijiano202(m): 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Wetin consign hunters with city...Baba you are not doing well

6 Likes

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by nairavsdollars(f): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2020
amotekum are hunters? are they not community police? will they wear that fine uniform if they are hunters?
fijiano202:
Wetin consign hunters with city...Baba you are not doing well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by ERockson: 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2020
We even joined the protest or what rubbish is this old man saying

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by BlackfireX: 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2020
grin
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by baby124: 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2020
Oh, you are looking for them to fix your mess? Sorry Na Federal self created mess. Let the Federal government take care of their mess. Their children are protesting your stupidity you want them to go and kill their own children for you. You see your brain is not working well.

5 Likes

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by Bkayyy: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2020
So according to this Junaid of a guy, Amotekun should have joined the Federal security forces to kill their own brothers and sisters.
Mr Junaid, Blood is thicker than water

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by Racoon(m): 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
Has the illegal Hisbah/Sharia police ever helped to contained the spread of violence during sectarian crisis in the core north? What does this Junaid Mohammed takes himself for? Dumbass brain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2020
cheesy.. Because it's not its duty.. Amotekun is a law-abiding network... It will not usurp the powers of the police and other law enforcement agencies.. Their duty is to "assist".. security agencies to combat terrorism, banditry, armed robbery, Herdsmen and farmers clashes and not to "takeover" their(security agencies) duties...

The people that looted and destroyed things during the protests were angry and hungry protesters and hoodlums too.. We should stop blaming hoodlums alone.. In fact, all the looters I saw were all hungry protesters, whom the media preferred to call "hoodlums"..

May God heal Nigeria
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by NGpatriot: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2020
Ode, amotekun is now the Nigerian police or the main primary law enforcement agency in Nigeria?

These dumb armchair critics no dey even pretend to nurse basic common sense.

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by Danzysb(m): 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2020
Amotekun is smart,I like their neutral stance during this protest...

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by IamWonderful: 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by Xzellentgraphic: 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2020
This Man is a clown...Do need logo, flyer or banner..contact me now for nice designs...get my contact from signature now
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by itsIYKE(m): 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
Lol
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by ivolt: 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2020
Amotekun was active where they have being operation. They arrested several looters and protected some public places in Ondo.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by ebudola49200: 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
This Man is a clown...Do need logo, flyer or banner..contact me now for nice designs...get my contact from signature now
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by orisa37: 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2020
Junaid, did you want Hoodlums and unidentified Army Miyetti Allah FULANI HOOLIGANS to kill them? Maybe they were the Targets of unknown Soldiers. ENDSARS PROTESTS took everyone unawares but God loves them and DELIVERED them from the EVIL.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by sapientia(m): 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2020
If you want to know why it failed.

Quote me and I will drop the link
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by wingmanIII: 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2020
How does this concern Junaid Mohammed? I blame the blogs and newspapers reporting this foolish cow.
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2020
Why is everyone putting their nose in our business..... Aja awa, eran awa.... Olongbon afeke bonku na a sotie.. Who we offend? Amotekun is non of your business sir!

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by plessis: 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2020
That's not my concern.

My concern is, what happened to the agitation for oduduwa that rocked SW on Oct 1st?
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by IkwereIgbo: 6:55pm On Nov 05, 2020
Time for the South to ask this terrorist to remain in North, Amotekun kill him there bloody Jihadist.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by MikeMicheal(m): 7:41pm On Nov 05, 2020
Who do you think were the thugs chasing protesters away?
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by helinues: 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2020
Stop referring to this man as an elder statesman.

He is simply behaving like kiddo

RuudVanNisteroy
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by YouAreFinished: 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
IkwereIgbo:
[s]Time for the South to ask this terrorist to remain in North, Amotekun kill him there bloody Jihadist[/s].

Davash222:
[s]Why is this WASTEful Head slammer against the peace and betterment of Southern Nigeria? All for the caliphate or sheer ignorance?[/s]
Time for the South West you mean.
Stupid ipob cowards.
Re: Amotekun Was Nowhere To Be Found During #EndSARS Crisis – Junaid Mohammed by TooMuchStuff: 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2020
Racoon:
Has the illegal Hisbah/Sharia police ever helped to contained the spread of violence during sectarian crisis in the core north? What does this Junaid Mohammed takes himself for? Dumbass brain.
Junaid is a junkie. All his eyes are on Tinubu money for 2023 polls. He's been hailing Tinubu for President so that at least Campaign DG go fall for him hand and he as Fulani thief will swallow his Tinubu billions!
Just watch this comment for 2023

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Inspects Newly Started Flyover Project, Wants It Completed In Time / Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. / The First Story Building In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.