Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,533 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) (16914 Views)

Female Student's Love Letter To A Male Corper In Kaduna (Photo) / Favour Abhulimen: Braless Corper In Open Chest NYSC Khaki Outfit (Photos) / Big And Bold Female Corper In Her NYSC Khaki (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
Borno camp this year is at Baba Ruga, kastina state.

I still remember how I felt when I printed my call-up letter and saw Borno.
It was like the ground should open and swallow me, but later against the wish of my parents I went.
The weather was hot that March when I came,we had corpers lodge, medical corpers are celebrities in Borno o. Their accommodation is top notch.
Then we were paid 10,000 naira state allwaee,now it's 5,000 With consistency.
The weather is extremely cold during cold season like now.
Corpers are not posted outside maiduguri city except on request. Why would you even request that.

Peace.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 9:12am On Nov 06, 2020
I plan rẹ deploying back to this place sha as a MED LAB SCIENTIST.

Hope chances dey for MLS and the pay check is okay as well

3 Likes

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by slawormiir: 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by revived: 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by brosom(m): 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
Oh my goodness, sorry mate!

1 Like

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by bluefilm: 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
Are they still posting niggaz to Borno with all the Insecurity in that part of the North?

4 Likes

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by HAPPINESSSS(f): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
HAPPINESS IS HERE grin

grin grin grin
AT THE MENTION OF BORNO STATE IT WILL FEEL AS IF DEATH IS AT YOUR DOORSTEP. grin

WELL IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN REMAIN PRAYERFUL.
ALL THE BEST.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by dalass(f): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
Now. What did we benefit from this short story?..... You be medical doctor... tongue shocked

So who no know on NL go know. grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by ATEAMS: 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.

2 Likes

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by samuel19222(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

You na fake ass niggarrr

13 Likes

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
better make i no service, i can't endanger my life for a stupid country
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Canih28: 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

From ₦10000 to ₦5000
Why na Naija

8 Likes

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Righteousness89(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
Remember Service back then in yobe State. 2006 Batch B.

When we got our call up letter, YB/064/20....
My guy was screaming YABA LAGOS!!
Not knowing YB was Yobe!!

First batch to make use of the Fika Camp in Yobe!
Then Bukar Abba was Governor!

It's From Yobe and Maiduguiri that Flies are Posted to other Parts of the Nation...

Crazy Weather Patterns! Sun is at its Extreme! Cold is at its Extreme!
I Remember Ice block Falling on people 'a Houses..

Maiduguiri has nice sweet Bread..

Yobe then was cool! You could sleep at night with your doors wide open. New Jerusalem was my abode in Damaturu.

The Average Northerner is a very Nice person. The Moment you can speak a little of their language , they are so happy!
My only issue with them was the Religion issue. A religious fight in town will affect you in the village..

I Remember a Day, I visited some friends in Buniyadi. It was a Champions league night, so we went to see it in a viewing center.
Suddenly there was a Pandemonium! Everyone was fighting to run out through a very small door which was the Entrance. They said someone drew Mohammed somewhere else I don't even know! One the corpers with me immediately brought out his cap( this cap worn mostly by the Muslim brothers and some beads) so as to claim he is Muslim.

Apart from Religious Wahala, the average northerner is too nice and Kind.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by tit(f): 1:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
You dey enjoy baa?
Deceiver
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Stanislause94: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Pussy ass niggar always on every fucking thread, low budget slawomir grin

14 Likes

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by blackbone989(m): 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
My friend is there. He is a major. He tells me about the place but I just can't imagine myself in that state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Flyboyk: 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
Be wary of boko boys
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by RomanianNinja: 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
I'll rather not serve than go there
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Lordjiggs09(m): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
I learnt Maiduguri is a great place to find employment with the UN and other foreign NGOs but for the insecurity issues there. It's not a place for the faint hearted.

Meanwhile please follow the link below and read this woman's story on Facebook, It's quite touching and she needs all the help she can get. We've raised#90,000 thus far, we need extra #110,000 to hit our target. Thank You for your prompt and kind response. We'll reap our due rewards at the appointed time.

https://www.facebook.com/100001428874328/posts/3612032868854307/?app=fbl

1 Share

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by tyup(m): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
I felt more safer and had peace within in Maiduguri than when I visited Abia, Owerri and Rivers

Forget the Boko Haram thing, shii is over hyped and Yes you hear gun shot every once in 3days

11 Likes

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by infogenius(m): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nice one.
The weather over there are at the extremes.
Didn't believe I could survive there.
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by collum(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
sometimes we should allow God take the wheel and lead us. I serve in katsina state in 2013, during my service year I met a corper friend who after service early 2014 join politics and today he his the youngest speaker in one of the Nigeria state house. We still roll like b4. what if I have redeploy then.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by juman(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
I cannot serve there even if allowance is fifty thousand naira per month.

What of if boko haram kidnappers take you away along the road to maiduguri.

2 Likes

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by primestreams: 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
X
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Sunsets: 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
The topic should read - Life of a Foolish Corper In Bornu. Service kill you dia.
Sailor22:

It was like the ground should open and swallow me, but later against the wish of my parents I went.
The weather was hot that March when I came,we had corpers lodge, medical corpers are celebrities in Borno o. Their accommodation is top notch.
Corpers are not posted outside maiduguri city except on request. Why would you even request that.

Peace.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by principi(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
I served in Kebbi state in 2018. I can relate with almost every little thing you wrote there.

1 Like

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Inerepamo(m): 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
Am i the only who dosen't understand what he wrote

3 Likes

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by akaahs(m): 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
Sailor22:

Peace.
when i served there in 2014-2015, the state allawee was 1k. we were d one that pushed for d increment.
i really love that place, never wanted leaving but i had to, cause couldn't not get ngo work.
i was part of d construction of that second lagos road bridge

12 Likes

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by ShobayoEmma(m): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
Both my friend and I have been arguing the frontpage worthiness of this thread. Can Mr Seun please justify this to us?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Passionate888: 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2020
Ehya
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Sunsets: 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2020
Mr. abi madam 'more safer', you are talking because you didn't face Boko Haram's guillotine.
tyup:
I felt more safer and had peace within in Maiduguri than when I visited Abia, Owerri and Rivers

Forget the Boko Haram thing, shii is over hyped and Yes you hear gun shot every once in 3days

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC Jungle Boot Available Nationwide / NYSC Mobilization Time Table For 2013 Batch 'A' / Nairalander Donate Disinfectant Tunnel To Osun State NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.