Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,803 members, 7,798,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) (16905 Views)

Female Student's Love Letter To A Male Corper In Kaduna (Photo) / Favour Abhulimen: Braless Corper In Open Chest NYSC Khaki Outfit (Photos) / Big And Bold Female Corper In Her NYSC Khaki (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Dharniel600(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
1stSonOfLucifer:
I plan rẹ deploying back to this place sha as a MED LAB SCIENTIST.

Hope chances dey for MLS and the pay check is okay as well
you see ur life. You wan risk your life because of pay check. You better go hustle
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
School Na Scam
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
Sailor22:
Borno camp this year is at Baba Ruga, kastina state.

I still remember how I felt when I printed my call-up letter and saw Borno.
It was like the ground should open and swallow me, but later against the wish of my parents I went.
The weather was hot that March when I came,we had corpers lodge, medical corpers are celebrities in Borno o. Their accommodation is top notch.
Then we were paid 10,000 naira state allwaee,now it's 5,000 With consistency.
The weather is extremely cold during cold season like now.
Corpers are not posted outside maiduguri city except on request. Why would you even request that.

Peace.

so if you are killed there i hope you get extra life to replace it with

stupidity

1 Like

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by tyup(m): 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
principi:
I served in Kebbi state in 2018. I can relate with almost every little thing you wrote there.

Apart from the harsh weather you've got no problem at all with Kebbi
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Sunsets: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
I camped in Potiskum and served in Fika two batches before you. That you liked what that place was is putting off. And that I sense the excitement in you as typed this is inconceivable. Tufia. Given, there are nice persons everyone you go all over the globe and in every tribe but after putting together all factors that a modern human needs in order not to live a subhuman life, the place is as hostile as hell.
Righteousness89:
Remember Service back then in Fika yobe State. 2006 Batch B.

When we got our call up letter, YB/064/20....
My guy was screaming YABA LAGOS!!
Not knowing YB was Yobe!!

First batch to make use of the Fika Camp in Yobe!
Then Bukar Abba was Governor!

It's From Yobe and Maiduguiri that Flies are Posted to other Part of the Nation...

Yobe then was cool! You could sleep with your doors wide open. New Jerusalem was my abode in Damaturu.

The Average is a very Nice person. The Moment you can speak a little of their language , they are so happy!
My only with them was the Religion issue. A religious fight in town will affect you in the village..

Apart from Religious Wahala, the average northern is too nice and Kind.
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Sunsets: 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2020
I guess Satan took the wheel of those corps members that met their death there.
collum:
sometimes we should allow God take the wheel and lead us. I serve in katsina state in 2013, during my service year I met a corper friend who after service early 2014 join politics and today he his the youngest speaker in one of the Nigeria state house. We still roll like b4. what if I have redeploy then.
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Righteousness89(m): 1:54pm On Nov 13, 2020
Sunsets:
I camped in Potiskum and served in Fika two batches before you. That you liked what that place was is putting off. And that I sense the excitement in you as typed this is inconceivable. Tufia. Given, there are nice persons everyone you go all over the globe and in every tribe but after putting together all factors that a modern human needs in order not to live a subhuman life, the place is as hostile as hell.

According to you, you Camped in Potiskum!

I Camped in Fika! And we were the First guys that used the Camp!

We used a Brand New Camp!

Most of the time I lived in Damaturu and the people. And I got in contact with very kind people.

1 Like

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by collum(m): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2020
[quote author=Sunsets post=95996035]I guess Satan took the wheel of those corps members that met their death there.[/quote
]
even the safest place on earth people still get killed.....stop lamenting extremely about death. we all will die someday...
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by principi(m): 2:07pm On Nov 13, 2020
tyup:

Apart from the harsh weather you've got no problem at all with Kebbi
You are right bro. The people can so mind their business eh.
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Maobichek: 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
samuel19222:

You na fake ass niggarrr

Hahahahaaa! What do you mean by "fake ass niggarr"?
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Richdee1(m): 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2020
akaahs:

when i served there in 2014-2015, the state allawee was 1k. we were d one that pushed for d increment.
i really love that place, never wanted leaving but i had to, cause couldn't not get ngo work.
i was part of d construction of that second lagos road bridge

but currently there are a lot of International NGO present there Cus of the Attacks
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by fowlyansh181(m): 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
Anyone notice it’s like these guys are paid now to promote northern Nigeria as an ideal place to serve

1 Like

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Bnladan(m): 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
principi:

You are right bro. The people can so mind their business eh.
And light dey
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
North is a red zone.
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by AMINDA: 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
fowlyansh181:
Anyone notice it’s like these guys are paid now to promote northern Nigeria as an ideal place to serve

Forget the stereotypes on social media, the North is a cool place to serve. A great majority of Southern corp members who serve in the North prefer to settle down in the North. I would advise every southerner to serve in the north and vice versa. If not for anything, for the change in orientation and perspectives.

1 Like

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by drLammy(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
Well, perhaps one of the best decision I've made is serving in Maiduguri

OP you no be good writer... I guess I shud write my own Version sef

1 Like

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Emeka71(m): 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
1stSonOfLucifer:
I plan rẹ deploying back to this place sha as a MED LAB SCIENTIST.

Hope chances dey for MLS and the pay check is okay as well
Don't re-deploy.
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by lordsharks(m): 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
Sailor22:
Borno camp this year is at Baba Ruga, kastina state.

I still remember how I felt when I printed my call-up letter and saw Borno.
It was like the ground should open and swallow me, but later against the wish of my parents I went.
The weather was hot that March when I came,we had corpers lodge, medical corpers are celebrities in Borno o. Their accommodation is top notch.
Then we were paid 10,000 naira state allwaee,now it's 5,000 With consistency.
The weather is extremely cold during cold season like now.
Corpers are not posted outside maiduguri city except on request. Why would you even request that.

Peace.

Medical corpers are paid 50k
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Bbbwings: 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2020
tyup:
I felt more safer and had peace within in Maiduguri than when I visited Abia, Owerri and Rivers

Forget the Boko Haram thing, shii is over hyped and Yes you hear gun shot every once in 3days
Smh
It is not normal to be hearing gunshot's every three days undecided undecided undecided
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by charlesucheh(m): 7:21pm On Nov 13, 2020
OP!
it's corp member!
not corper!
mind yaself o!

Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
I am a student there. Thank God 4 life
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by portborn: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Maiduguri is one of the best cities in Northern Nigeria.
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by kaniska: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
Great article! We are linking to this particularly great post on our website.
Keep up the good writing.
follow.com lipsrsealed
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by white3663: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2020
following
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by VULCAN(m): 12:41am On Nov 14, 2020
The rate you Northerners lie just to cover up your inadequacies is so sickening.

You felt peace and safety in Maiduguri but not in SE or SS.

Despite the constant reports of razing of villages and deaths of soldiers, kidnapping of women and children

To feel safe in such territory you must be a Boko Haram member.

Pls don't go to the SS or SE again since they are more dangerous than Maiduguri. Stick to your North where you belong.

Mtscheww

tyup:
I felt more safer and had peace within in Maiduguri than when I visited Abia, Owerri and Rivers

Forget the Boko Haram thing, shii is over hyped and Yes you hear gun shot every once in 3days
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by portborn: 6:27am On Nov 14, 2020
drLammy:
Well, perhaps one of the best decision I've made is serving in Maiduguri

OP you no be good writer... I guess I shud write my own Version sef

Pls do
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 10:48am On Nov 14, 2020
Dharniel600:
you see ur life. You wan risk your life because of pay check. You better go hustle

Na your life
Re: Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) by Ugmama(m): 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
It was a good experience, I served in damaturu. Ppa was general sani Abacha hospital..

Also stayed at New Jerusalem.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help I Just Received A Query Letter! / NYSC Jungle Boot Available Nationwide / NYSC Mobilization Time Table For 2013 Batch 'A'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.