Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It (31396 Views)

What Is The Logic Behind ''ingli-igbo'' Names? / Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo / Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
Being honnest.
If you ask a jew if his ancestors were slaves, he will say yes. But tell me, is nigeria 1/10th of israel ?
No need to lie, accept history as it happened.
History is not for politics, it is a door into the passed. It is a last respect we pay to our ancestors, so stop telling lies !
If sons of slaves (israel) now have one of the most technologically advanced country in the world, the what stops the yoruba from admitting a bunch of them descend from freed slaves ?
The fact Benin was the euperpower of the region doesn't stop you from going after any dream you want to fulfill ?
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
bandit90001:
Being honnest.
If you ask a jew if his ancestors were slaves, he will say yes. But tell me, is nigeria 1/10th of israel ?
History is not for politics, it is a door into the passed. It is a last respect we pay to our ancestors, so stop telling lies !
If sons of slaves (israel) now have one of the most technologically advanced country in the world, the what stops the yoruba from admitting a bunch of them descend from freed slaves ?
The fact Benin was the euperpower of the region doesn't stop you from going after any dream you want to fulfill ?
Salves? undecided You mean just as Aje from Ibadan ventured into Benin Kingdom and went on slave raiding for the Europeans?

Yes, this is according to the testimony from Benin Kingdom itself — not from the Yorubas. cheesy
——————
The sadder consequence of the event (which is a huge disgrace on you all) was that your slave daddies never seem to ever return home from slavery — They continued as slaves ad-infintum. cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2020
TAO11:
Salves? undecided You mean just as Aje from Ibadan ventured into Benin Kingdom and went on slave raiding for the Europeans?

Yes, this is according to the testimony from Benin Kingdom itself — not from the Yorubas. cheesy
——————
The sadder consequence of the event (which is a huge disgrace on you all) was that your slave daddies never seem to ever return home from slavery — They continued as slaves ad-infintum. cheesy

Look, whatever mental problems you have, don't disturb me with your lies. I am not interested at all.
You can keep making up stories or relying on some other fairytails in order to impress your followers while feeding them with lies which you very well know to be lies. I am not interested. You are a liar, a pathological one. And you seem to believe you are fighting a war with your lies. My only interest in this topic is history, not your imagined war...so lie to someone else please.

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
TAO11:

——————

Do you mind elaborating on this? I just want to learn something grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2020
I believe all humans are equal, I am a fan of anthony joshua (a yoruba). I like fela music, I like Osayomore music, I like jeje Okocha...I don't believe there is any such thing as "superior race"...You people's excess of lies is disturbing and annoying. You are doing more harm to yourselves than the colonisers did. Don't kill african history just to uplift your ego. Your ego should be about what you personnally accomplish, not about what your ancestors accomplished, so no need to tell lies. Go and accomplish ...

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
bandit90001:
By the way, I am not sure that you are all aware, but the word "king" itself is the title of the british crown (my previous comment assumes you are aware of this). So when you say "king" while referring to rulers whom are not the king of england, you are paraphrasing the title of the british crown.
It is quite a common thing to praphrase the title of a certain well known crown. The title of the Oba of Benin is "Oba" and the yoruba are paraphrasing it.

Normally, if you just say "the queen", then people should automatically understand that you mean the queen of england.
Normally, if you just say "the tsar", then people should automatically understand that you mean the king of russia.
Normally, if you just say "the keiser", then people should automatically understand that you mean the king of germany.
Normally, if you just say "the roi", then people should automatically understand that you mean the king of france.
Normally, if you just say "the sultan", then people should automatically understand that you mean the king of the ottoman empire. (i think that is where it originated)
Likewise, normally, if you just say "the Oba", then people should automatically understand that you mean the king of Benin.
Just common sense...

Now, let us all move on. only honesty can lead to archievements.

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
bandit90001:
Being honnest.
The fact Benin was the superpower of the region doesn't stop you from going after any dream you want to fulfill ?
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
You’ve written your trash as always and as expected. grin

bandit90001:
By the way, I am not sure that you are all aware, but the word "king" itself is the title of the british crown (my previous comment assumes you are aware of this). So when you say "king" while referring to rulers whom are not the king of england, you are paraphrasing the title of the british crown.
You are dumber than I used to think.

“King” is an English word dummy! So any territory that indigenously has a monarch AND that indigenously speaks English is bound to refer to its monarch as “King” (or “Queen” ). That is simply their language. This is the common sense which you lack.

It is quite a common thing to praphrase the title of a certain well known crown. The title of the Oba of Benin is "Oba" and the yoruba are paraphrasing it.
An we’ve been waiting for any evidence for this over 10 days now.

What we seem to have found instead is a written evidence [which I don’t even regard as absolute to begin with] of older Yoruba usage.

Delusion is when you are convinced within you that you know that you have no evidence for a claim and then still proceeded anyways to make the claim. Exactly what we’ve been seeing with you Binis.

Normally, if you just say "the queen", then people should automatically understand that you mean the queen of england.

Normally, if you just say "the tsar", then people should automatically understand that you mean the king of russia.
Normally, if you just say "the keiser", then people should automatically understand that you mean the king of germany.

Normally, if you just say "the roi", then people should automatically understand that you mean the king of france.

Normally, if you just say "the sultan", then people should automatically understand that you mean the king of the ottoman empire. (i think that is where it originated)
Refer to my first explanation above. A human being can not be this dumb. Or can they? shocked
Likewise, normally, if you just say "the Oba", then people should automatically understand that you mean the king of Benin.
Just common sense.
Gosh! angry We must just accept this even without a jot of evidence, right?

We must accept it despite the fact that “Oba” neither means “king” nor “monarch”, etc. from the language of the Binis and other Edo speaking people. Interesting! grin

The following is a statement written before the 20th century which exposes what the word for “King”, “Monarch” really is in the indigenous language of the Binis people:

They [the king’s boys] terrorized the country. Some were confined to the king’s compounds in Benin itself. Others were allowed to go about the country on so-called king’s messages. They arrived at a village, and called the head man or men and said ‘Eguatuwo’ which meant that the ‘king sends you his compliments,’ but it was a form which was a terror to the villagers.

Quoted by H.L. Roth from a letter from Benin written by Mr Punch.

Here we’ve seen what word the Binis would indigenously use from their language when they say the word “king” — in reference to their monarch or any monarch for that matter.

This indigenous Bini word (as is seen in the above phrase which Mr Punch himself was quoting from the people rather than his own non-native speculative interpretation) appears to be around that same root word “ogie”, viz. “king”.

cc: Afam4eva, RedboneSmith, gomojam, macof

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2020
I still am not interested in your lies.
It is a new day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olZLIC4T9uE
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
@bandit900003,
Yes you’re right Benin had bronzes that were taken from it against its will as a punishment for its atrocities

The Bronzes are therefore scattered in Museum around the world generating income for the punisher. If you find any Ife bronze outside the shores of Nigeria, it is there because we willingly let go of it

Now, back to the subject: The indigenous Bini word which represents the English word “king” is not “oba”.

“Oba” by all indication is a loanword into the Benin lexicon from the Yoruba language.

This explains why it has a relatable and relevant literal meaning in the Yoruba language — “the overlord”.

Afam4eva, macof, RedboneSmith, gomojam

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
bandit90001:

Just common sense...
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
You’ve copied and pasted your trash as always and as expected. grin I Dey here for you. Lies must die!

bandit90003:
You are dumber than I used to think.

“King” is an English word dummy! So any territory that indigenously has a monarch AND that indigenously speaks English is bound to refer to its monarch as “King” (or “Queen” ). THAT IS THEIR LANGUAGE. This is the common sense which you lack.

An we’ve been waiting for any evidence for this over 10 days now.

What we seem to have found instead is a written evidence [I don’t even regard writing to be the be all and end all BTW] of older Yoruba usage.

Delusion is when you are convinced within you that you know that you have no evidence for a claim and then still proceeded anyways to make the claim. Exactly what we’ve been seeing with you Binis.

Refer to my first explanation above. A human being can not be this dumb. Or can they? shocked
Just common sense.
Gosh! angry We must just accept this even without a jot of evidence, right?

We must accept it despite the fact that “Oba” neither means “King”, nor “Monarch”, etc. from the language of the Binis and other Edo speaking people. Interesting! grin

The following is a statement written before the 20th century which exposes what the word for “King”, “Monarch” really is in the indigenous language of the Binis people:

They [the king’s boys] terrorized the country. Some were confined to the king’s compounds in Benin itself. Others were allowed to go about the country on so-called king’s messages. They arrived at a village, and called the head man or men and said ‘Eguatuwo’ which meant that the ‘king sends you his compliments,’ but it was a form which was a terror to the villagers.

Quoted by H.L. Roth from a letter from Benin written by Mr Punch.

Here we’ve seen what word the Binis would indigenously use from their language when they say the word “king” — in reference to their monarch or any monarch for that matter.

This indigenous Bini word (as is seen in the above phrase which Mr Punch himself was quoting from the people rather than his own non-native speculative interpretation) appears to be around that same root word “ogie”, viz. “king”.

cc: Afam4eva, RedboneSmith, gomojam, macof

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
bandit9000:

Example: England.

Only one traditional ruler in the entire england goes by the title "king" or "queen".
the rest carry titles like: duke, lord, sir...

You can't have a kingdom with more than one king !

Which brings me to the case of interest: Benin.
I guess that like many nigerians (you people's education is really not goog enough), you do not know that Benin Kingdom is not equal to Benin city, just like london is not equal to england. London is only the capital of england, likewise Benin city is only the capital of Benin Kingdom.
Benin Kingdom is not within Edo-state, the reverse is true.
The King/Emperor of Benin Kingdom goes by the title "Oba", nothing else.
The other traditional rulers whom are his vassals go by other titles.

You might want to ask yourself which is older: the word Oba or the word yoruba ?
Answer: the word Oba is older.

Also, I repeat, the "yoruba" started calling their kings "oba" only recently (around the 1930's) when they dropped an other foreign nobility title "sir" in favor of the powerful title of the Oba of Benin (King of kings), yoruba like borrowing foreign titles, you might be surprised to learn that the words "imperial majesty" are not yourba words neither ! eventhough the ooni of ife, the alafin of oyo and some other youba monarchs keep using these words as if they were their birthright.
The scriptures in which the word Oba is used as a general term for king, are not early scriptures and obviously the writer is paraphrasing the title of the Oba of Benin as a word to describe african kings of the region whose titles he probably doesn't know or on which he doesn't want to go into the listing.

The early colonial texts and pictures of yoruba monarchs do not describe them as "Oba", rather their titles (ooni, alafin...) are used to describe them just like the title of the Oba of Benin "Oba" is used to describe him.
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
bandit90003:
[s]Example: England.

Only one traditional ruler in the entire england goes by the title "king" or "queen".

I guess that like many nigerians (you people's education is really not goog enough), you do not know that Benin Kingdom is not equal to Benin city, just like london is not equal to england. London is only the capital of england, likewise Benin city is only the capital of Benin Kingdom.

You might want to ask yourself which is older: the word Oba or the word yoruba ?

Also, I repeat, the "yoruba" started calling their kings "oba" only recently (around the 1930's) when they dropped an other foreign nobility title "sir" in favor of the powerful title of the Oba of Benin (King of kings), yoruba like borrowing foreign titles, you might be surprised to learn that the words "imperial majesty" are not yourba words neither ! eventhough the ooni of ife, the alafin of oyo and some other youba monarchs keep using these words as if they were their birthright.
The scriptures in which the word Oba is used as a general term for king, are not early scriptures and obviously the writer is paraphrasing the title of the Oba of Benin as a word to describe african kings of the region whose titles he probably doesn't know or on which he doesn't want to go into the listing.

The early colonial texts and pictures of yoruba monarchs do not describe them as "Oba", rather their titles (ooni, alafin...) are used to describe them just like the title of the Oba of Benin "Oba" is used to describe him.[/s]
Already debunked considering:

(1) You and your brothers’ retar.ded standard of the earlier written evidence — For the Yoruba usage, we’ve already seen a writing from 1845. grin

(2) The linguistic standard which also clearly shows by all indications that the indigenous Bini word which represents the English word “king” is not “Oba”. Refer below one more time:

They [the king’s boys] terrorized the country. Some were confined to the king’s compounds in Benin itself. Others were allowed to go about the country on so-called Kong’s messages. They arrived at a village, and called the head man or men and said ‘Eguatuwo’ which meant that the ‘king sends you his compliments,’ but it was a form which was a terror to the villagers.

~ Quoted by H.L. Roth from a letter from Benin written by Mr Punch.

This indigenous Bini word (as is seen in the above phrase which Mr Punch himself was quoting from the people rather than his own non-native speculation) appears to be around that same root word “ogie”, viz. “king”.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2020
bandit90003:
[s]Look, whatever mental problems you have, don't disturb me with your lies. I am not interested at all.
You can keep making up stories or relying on some other fairytails in order to impress your followers while feeding them with lies which you very well know to be lies. I am not interested. You are a liar, a pathological one. And you seem to believe you are fighting a war with your lies. My only interest in this topic is history, not your imagined war...so lie to someone else please.[/s]
See premium tears. cry grin

gomojam:
Do you mind elaborating on this? I just want to learn something grin grin
Yes, I will quote the staments and give the reference in due course. Let me Finish these liars first.

But to whet your appetite, it comes from the ethnographic field work of the late Professor R. E. Bradbury* where the Edos informed him that they were slave-raided by incursions from the Ibadan army under a leader named Aje. Ibadan was the new sheriff in town after the reign of the Oyo Empire.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2020
bandit9000:

Example: England.

The early colonial texts and pictures of yoruba monarchs do not describe them as "Oba", rather their titles are used to describe them just like the title of the Oba of Benin "Oba" is used to describe him.

bandit90001:

Just common sense...
bandit90003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_04eku2jQ
bandit90003:
precolonial maps of Benin Kingdom:

Some of the maps:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b77595185.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b7759521n.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b846939

This following map was made between 1603 and 1612:
https://www.raremaps.com/gallery/detail/64869/africae-tabula-nova-ortelius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvaiC_djW8o
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
bandit90003post=96480250:
[s]precolonial maps of Benin Kingdom:

Some of the maps:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b77595185.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b7759521n.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b846939

This following map was made between 1603 and 1612:
https://www.raremaps.com/gallery/detail/64869/africae-tabula-nova-ortelius[/s]
This has been debunked times without number. cheesy

Several contemporaneous and even earlier maps describe all the West Africa forest region by the name, “Guinea”.

Yet, Guinea never had any imperial relevance worth noting in the course of its history till date.

In other words, early maps were made by the European cartographers based on their acquaintance, and thus based on convenience.

And like I have educated your empty cranium before now, the Europeans’ easier access to the coast of Ughoton made them more acquainted with the Benin region.

The coast of Ughoton was relatively deeper than the the Yoruba coasts, and as such made it a natural harbour which can take their large ships.

Moreover, macof has times without number shown you contemporaneous maps of featuring Yoruba land. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvaiC_djW8o
The content of this video has already been debunked on this same thread. grin

Refer to the PS comment at the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/9#96334238

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2020
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2020
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
bandit90003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zK2bsZhPIo
time stamp 1:53
Although your comment here is irrelevant just as the recent ones, but still refer to the comment found at the link below: grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/2#96233335

————————
I noticed you’ve been re-pasting all your comments which I have debunked here — perhaps because your lies have been exhausted. grin

Well, the readers here are not all from Benin. In other words, not all the readers here are retar.ded. cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 10:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
It is my pleasure that you’ve learnt your lesson the hard way not to ever attempt your Benin fraud with us Yorubas.

You may continue to attempt it with others as you’ve lately shifted your attention to doing. If they allow you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
Afam4eva:
I'm sure we're not new to the whole Ikwerre-Igbo argument and this has been going for so long and nobody from either places are ready to concede. I'm here to tell you why.

I will start by stating my personal opinion on the matter.

If you have followed me on Nairaland, you will know that in the earlier years of Nairaland, I felt it was stupid not to think of Ikwerre as Igbo but in recent years, I've changed my perception which is not to discount the Ikwerre and Igbo link but rather to concede the fact that people have the right to call themselves what they so choose. I mean, it can be insulting to tell someone who they are even though they claim otherwise. It doesn't matter the reason why such a person thinks he's not Igbo whether factual or plain lies. Afteral Ethnic Groups are to a large extent an artificial creation.

Now, back to my argument...

The reason most Ikwerres say they are not Igbo is visible the moment you cross Ore(in Yorubaland). It is evident that it was not only Igbo groups that were not centralized. Even around Edo state where you had the famous Benin empire, that was what it was, an empire. However, some different groups in that empire did not see themselves as coming from the same stock. That is why despite the glaring similarities between Bini and Esan, they are distinct groups despite being in the same state.

It is the same story in Delta state where despite the closeness in language between Urhobos and Isokos, they are classed as 2 different groups when one could be a dialect of the other.

Akwa Ibom and Cross River is another typical example. When you hear people speaking languages from those 2 states which most Nigerians call 'Calabar', it sounds pretty the same but people from the groups will tel you that they are either Efik, Ibibio, Annang or even Oron.

So, with these examples, you can see that a lot of these groups were not centralized and as such do not favour coming together to form a large formidable group.

The same thing can be said of Ikwerre and some other Igboid groups that distance themselves from the Igbo tag. They see Igbos the way isokos see Urhobos and the same way Efiiks see Ibibios. They know they have a lot of similarities with each other but they have created an identity no matter how little and that is why they would rather be their own group.

Having said that, there's a small difference in the relationship between urhobos and Isokos, Efiks, Ibibios and Annangs to the relationship between Igbos and Ikwerres.

While the former groupps are to a large extent cordial to each other, it's a tricky situation between Igbos and Ikwerres. Yes, Igbos and Ikwerres mix, marry and all but Ikwerres have the feeling that Igbo want to dominate them. They could be right or wrong but you can't exactly false that entire premise because they can't really understand why Igbos can't let them be who they want to be without forcing it down their throat.

That's why a lot of Ikwerres who can speak central Igbo are even wary of speaking of Speaking Igbo to Igbo people because that may make whoever they're speaking it with think that they're Igbos. That's why you notice that Ikwerres find every possible thing to further move away from the Igbo tag. Even if it means claiming to have migrated from Benin.

So, in conclusion, Ikwerre could be an Igbo dialect in another universe but the way things stand right now, it's almost impossible and their wish to be called Ikwerres should not be disrespected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
The fact is some yoruba are obsessed with us, well I guess everybody whom is worthy has his own stalker. Perharps it is some kind of weird compliment.
Although what i hate is the lies: the british copied words from the vikings: "friend", "foe" ... They acknowledge it ! The Romans copied science from the greeks, but they acknowledged it. Europe copied science from the arabs and china, they acknowledged it. But in the case of the yoruba. It is total denial, myths lies... But I have personnally met some yoruba whom are not in denial and are quite ashamed of the constant lies and ungratefulness of some of their people.
It is unfortunate, thank god well educated yoruba whom I met in europe do not act like this.

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
My Ikwere brothers, i salute you.

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
bandit90003:
[s]The fact is some yoruba are obsessed with us, well I guess everybody whom is worthy has his own stalker. Perharps it is some kind of weird compliment.
Although what i hate is the lies: the british copied words from the vikings: "friend", "foe" and many others. They acknowledge it ! The Romans copied science from the greeks, but they acknowledged it. Europe copied science from the arabs and china, they acknowledged it. but in the case of the yoruba. It is total denial, myths lies...[/s]
No, you Binis are obsessed with peddling lies pertaining to Yoruba history and heritage.

And we Yorubas are obsessed with debunking your lies and rubbing them on your face — using facts, evidence, proof, and reason. grin

[s]But I have personnally met some yoruba whom are not in denial and are quite ashamed of the constant lies and ungratefulness of some of their people.
It is unfortunate, well educated yoruba whom I met in europe do not act like this.[/s]
He who has never provided actual evidence to back any of his online lies is begging us to accept his personal unverifiable super stories www.nairaland.com/attachments/12300045_1180859311783653img20190722154954jpegb78bac5c83a42178910da3de9aa62adbjpegjpeg9cfba2c96c509f82646e09ea44461ee6_jpeg_jpegd2120de126612f0fe3ddadd01b9c1d3b LIES.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
Just imagine someone starts dressing like you today and tomorrow he acts amnesic and asks you why you are dressing like him ? Well the amnesic guy is the yoruba. Even after you show him photos, proof of the fact he is the one who copied you, he keeps in his delusion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply)

Whiteman Given Chieftaincy Title By Igwe Nnewi (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] / Ogun Eyonu Awon Agba Todaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.