Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,413 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:03 PM

Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) (39607 Views)

Sanwo-Olu To APC SW Leaders: Please Don't Betray Tinubu / Prophet Moses Warns Osinbajo: "Do Not Betray Tinubu Or You Will End In Shame" / Bola Adegunloye: Sanwo-Olu Will Betray Tinubu, Leading To Hypertension, Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by stephanie11: 5:45am On Nov 06, 2020
Former Ekiti state Governor and Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ayodele Fayose, has advised the Yoruba nation to stand against those plotting the downfall of the National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

In a video interview, Mr. Fayose spoke on several attempts to malign the pro-democracy activist by sons of Yorubas who he mentored. Although the former Ekiti Governor did not mention any name, there are reports that some Governors have decided to make themselves available to be used against Mr Tinubu.

Unconfirmed reports have it that a certain Governor in the Southwest has actively been demarketing and working against the lagos politician. He, alongside some other ranking politicians from Northern Nigeria are keen on ousting the former Lagos Governor from the party.

This was one of the factors responsible for the party’s loss in the Edo state governorship election, POLITICS NIGERIA reliably gathered.

Speaking in the footage, Mr Fayose described sinister plots to bring Mr Tinubu down as dead on arrival.

“I’m not defending, I am saying the obvious. I’m making it clear that if you trace our history, our leaders have been given away by men they brought up, by traitors within their camps. If somebody gives you a platform you never expected in life and the only option is to take that person for you to rise. That would never work!”

“The former Governor of Lagos state and a prominent figure, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a major figure in the Yoruba nation and it will be fool-hardy of anyone denying this fact. I want to say it expressly. If anything happens to Tinubu, we are consumed. He sends all the signals. If this thing is happening to men like that every other person will ordinarily have been consumed.”

Also, in the 2-minute clip, Mr fayose reiterated the contributions of the APC chieftain to the region and how he remains a force to be reckoned with in the Nigerian polity.

“So, for me, I am not defending Bola Ahmed Tinubu, I am defending the Yoruba nation. I am establishing the fact that he remains a major key leader that nobody can ignore. I may not be in APC. I have said it several times before. I have never been in APC and I will never be in APC. But if you want to sacrifice Tinubu because of these political opportunists, it is not going to work. All these things will only work for a period of time.

In due course, water will find its source. I want to say it expressly. He has made his mark. Rubbishing him will not be an option for those doing that. And may I say it without Bola Ahmed Tinubu, there would not have been a Buhari. And I am sure that in his heart he too will know that something is wrong somewhere. It must be a miscalculation. But we cannot question God.”

Drawing a cue from historical precedents, the former Ekiti Governor warned against the betrayal of Tinubu just like it happened in the case of Moshood Abiola, the winner of the 1993 Presidential election and Obafemi Awolowo, former premier of the South West region.

“I won’t be part of the people who want him down. We are not good friends. We have been in opposing camps but that is not enough. If you remember the story of Abiola, he was brought down by his own men, if you remember the story of Awolowo, he was brought down by his own men. The same thing is happening to this man. But God forbid that Tinubu will be brought down. God will intervene.”

Pro-democracy activist and leader

Born in the 1950s, Mr Tinubu has remained relevant in the Nigerian politics since 1992 when he joined the Social Democratic Party where he was a member of the Peoples Front faction led by Shehu Musa Yar'Adua.

In fact when the results of the 12 June 1993 presidential elections were annulled, the former Lagos Governor became one of the founders of National Democratic Coalition, the pro-democracy group which canvassed support for the restoration of democracy and the acceptance of the late Abiola as winner of the June 12 election.

During the days of the military juntas, Mr Tinubu suffered a great deal for his advocacy. After returning from exile in 1998, he contested the Lagos state Governorship election under the Alliance for Democracy (AD) and won.

Asides his contribution to the development of Lagos state even with the meagre resources occasioned by the denial of the state federal allocation by the then President Olusegun Obasanjo, Mr Tinubu built political structures and individuals. Tinubu is responsible for raising several top ranking Politicians in the South West today, Some of whom have failed to meet expectation and are actively working to undermine him.

Also, in his fight for the sustenance of democracy, Mr Tinubu remains one of the detribalised politicians that have included people of different ethnic backgrounds in his structure. This has helped increase his influence and grip of the APC.
https://politicsnigeria.com/flashback-dont-betray-tinubu-like-abiola-awolowo-fayose-urges-yorubas/

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by obami007(m): 5:52am On Nov 06, 2020
So fayose na Nostradamus?

Lolz

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by email07: 5:56am On Nov 06, 2020
grin
Oh really, adindin knew

Oga talk true, you dey look for soft landing cheesy

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Lexusgs430: 5:56am On Nov 06, 2020
Tinubu already betrayed himself......... cheesy

152 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by IMASTEX: 5:57am On Nov 06, 2020
What if he betrayed himself and his people. However, the current narrative isn't about ethnicity, tribe, religion or political affiliations. It is about right & wrong. It's about good governance, the people's welfare, etc. Sadly the old men are all united in profiting from the system at the detriment of the people. They had all the time to make the country great but greed won't let them. Things have to be digital now to compete other countries of the world. Enough of Nigerians been chased out of other Africa countries because the people voted same criminal circle.

92 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by akphrat(m): 5:58am On Nov 06, 2020
That's the oshoko himself. We knew it they are planning something but God's will

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by dexterinc2003: 5:58am On Nov 06, 2020
Word of advice for Tinubu.

As long as he pretends he does not know about the Lekki massacre, his presidential ambition is over.

Buhari ordered the Lekki Massacre. Tinubu did nothing to stop it.
Nigerians are not stupid. End of discussion!

162 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by tillaman(m): 5:58am On Nov 06, 2020
More like Tinubu betrayed the Yoruba nation, if that dude mistakenly assume that post then we are so screwed
It will be just as every other ones we experienced
Nepotism, high handedness
The looting will be top notch
People like Mc Oluomo will be his defense minister or future Gov of Lagos, let Jagaban just go back to Iragbiji Osun state whence he came from, I believe Governor Oyetola will build him an ivory tower as his retirement home

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by IgboSomalia: 5:59am On Nov 06, 2020
Fayemi
Amosun

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by hollywater: 5:59am On Nov 06, 2020
Anything to bring that thief down is welcome. Fayose is just saying his own.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 06, 2020
grin

Tinubu may never be president, but I dont care. What matters to be is that an Igbo presidency should never be allowed to happen. Give them Biafra, let them go already

32 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by iWasNotHere(m): 6:00am On Nov 06, 2020
Tinubu is extremely greedy. All his men knows this from Aregbe, Fayemi, Amosun etc. A hardened criminal that still pay workers in Lagos Tinubu salary scale and takes percentage across board

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by NosaHenry(m): 6:00am On Nov 06, 2020
It's wrong to compare Tinubu with Awolowo or Abiola

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Godfullsam(m): 6:00am On Nov 06, 2020
Fayose should keep quiet. Yorubas didn't betray abiola and awolowo.

Yorubas gave them their full supports. The north betrayed abiola while nnamdi azikiwe betrayed awolowo.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by adenigga(m): 6:01am On Nov 06, 2020

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by 24SEVEN: 6:01am On Nov 06, 2020
What iss the need for this flashback. Seems someone is trying to appeal to tribal sentiments

16 Likes

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by wemmy01(m): 6:02am On Nov 06, 2020
Dem don use Tinubu head already, I sense he will betray us if given the opportunity

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 06, 2020
Is Fayose now an APC member? What's his business if The acclaimed Political leader is sidelined and ousted out of the party?

Why is Fayose taking panadol extra for someone's headache?

These guys know nothing. By next year,the real revolution will take place and all of them will be ousted out of the country .

Ads:

Let your money work for you. Trade with Instantcash with as low as $100 and make $10 weekly guaranteed.

We rise by lifting others up#

Only serious investors should chat us up on WhatsApp/telegram @Matic_1 for a trial or instant investment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by composure: 6:04am On Nov 06, 2020
My advice to the youth is simple...
End any protest for now and strategize towards 2023.

Let's use this chance now to vote out old political bags.

For God sake we can bring out a credible personality and sponsor him, speak with one voice as we.did in the end SARS stuff and finally defend our vote.

If they(APC/PDP) refused, we hunt down the politicians. We are already done with the SARS thing. Let's take our country from old thieves who don't care about us.

If we keep seeing our police and it's facilities as soft targets, Nigeria will never change,

The time is now

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by hyduffy: 6:05am On Nov 06, 2020
�� must be joking
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Sunnycliff(m): 6:05am On Nov 06, 2020
Tinubu can't be a Democrat with all his agbero boys

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 6:05am On Nov 06, 2020
Tinubu this and that, but just come forward with the saint in your region before you accuse JAGABAN of any wrongdoing.

It is foolishness to think of accusing a fellow with what you're doing too.

No saint anywhere!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by orisa37: 6:06am On Nov 06, 2020
MIMIKO - &--FAYIOSE SHOULD GO BACK TO THEIR PEOPLE AND BEG FOR SEAT.
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by baby124: 6:06am On Nov 06, 2020
Lol... Fayose
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by orisa37: 6:07am On Nov 06, 2020
MIMIKO - &--FAYIOSE SHOULD GO BACK TO THEIR PEOPLE AND BEG FOR SENATE SEATS.
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 06, 2020
When they play tribalism card. Just know something isn't right.
What happened to voting credible leaders and not looters.

If they don't play he is a redeem member card, it's this one.

7 Likes

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by IMASTEX: 6:08am On Nov 06, 2020
dexterinc2003:
Word of advice for Tinubu.

As long as he pretends he does not know about the Lekki massacre, his presidential ambition is over.

Buhari ordered the Lekki Massacre. Tinubu did nothing to stop it.
Nigerians are not stupid. End of discussion!
That is it, they all careless about the people and the country. Even Buhari had several bandits operating freely in his own town including poverty. He travels alone to access the best medical care while those that voted die like rats in quack hospitals. Enough of voting in just anyone because of language or region, that won't put food on the table. Last last it is a win win for them alone.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers Re-run Polls Split Senators Over Amaechi - Vanguard / Some #istandwithbuhari Supporters Were Promised #1000 To Show Up - TVC / Break What CJN Told CCB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.