Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't (513 Views)

Akwa Ibom To Commence Rapid Mining Of Solid Minerals In The State .. Photos / Indians Welcome Zakzaky Medical Tourism To Their Country / Amaechi, El-rufai, Other Arrived Akwa Ibom To Flag Off Presidential Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by NkanAkpanika: 9:29am On Nov 06, 2020
Akwa Ibom government plans rehabilitation of tourism sites
The Akwa Ibom State government has concluded plans to rehabilitate tourist centres in the state through aggressive sensitisation of the citizens and investors.

Commissioner for Tourism, Orman Esin, stated this while interacting with newsmen in Uyo yesterday, maintaining that the sensitisation programme would be followed with development and expansion of the tourism sites in the state.

He said the last Christmas Carnival, in 2018, attracted over 1.5 million visitors to the Christmas Village in Uyo, the state capital. Esin explained that the state government had concluded arrangements to expand and rehabilitate the Ibom Plaza and Unity Park, noting that the facilities have witnessed low patronage in recent times.
He bemoaned the deteriorating condition of the plaza and increase in criminal activities at the facility, saying his ministry would soon submit a memorandum to the State Executive Council on the expansion and renovation of the plaza.

The commissioner added that removal of illegal traders from the plaza would be done in a way that would not destroy the businesses and income of those who ply their trade there.

He said perimeter fencing of the Unity Park remained a priority with a view to providing security and ensuring the safety of tourists with the aim of seeking private investors for the tourist centres.

Esin also pointed out that the Ibom LeMeridian Hotels had witnessed a boost with the new management, as it remitted N200m to the state government as annual profit for the first time since its inception.

On the annual Christmas carnival, Esin maintained that although the event had been successful in recent times, government was being cautious due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the #EndSARS protests in the country and would soon take a decision on the matter.

The Guardian recalled that former Governor Obong Victor Attah, who initiated and built the facilities had charged the state government to sanitise the plaza and develop the Unity Park, which houses the Ibibio Museum and where the history and cultural artifacts of Akwa Ibom peoples was being safeguarded.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/akwa-ibom-government-plans-rehabilitation-of-tourism-sites/

Mynd44..
Lalasticlala..
Seun..

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by Damikjay(m): 9:32am On Nov 06, 2020
akwa ibom is one of the few states in Nigeria that is really developing fast.
Nice one Udom Emmanuel, I see akwa ibom as centre of excellence in the next 10 years, with good governance system

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by Hunchogee: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2020
Damikjay:
akwa ibom is one of the few states in Nigeria that is really developing fast.
Nice one Udom Emmanuel, I see akwa ibom as centre of excellence in the next 10 years, with good governance system
Great point bro
Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by Hunchogee: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2020
Lovely one.. More should still come
Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by bewla(m): 9:57am On Nov 06, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by Ilaumoh(m): 10:22am On Nov 06, 2020
bewla:
Ok
Yes
Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by rollingrocks: 1:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
I'm sorry these are just stories as nothing will happen. Mark my words and this date. Udom is a very BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Uncompleted projects littered everywhere!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by NkanAkpanika: 8:46am On Nov 07, 2020
rollingrocks:
I'm sorry these are just stories as nothing will happen. Mark my words and this date. Udom is a very BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Uncompleted projects littered everywhere!!!!!!
Lists the uncomplete projects that are littered everywhere?
Because I know Udom is still running is tenure
Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by rollingrocks: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Lists the uncomplete projects that are littered everywhere?
Because I know Udom is still running is tenure

None of those substandard projects will ever be completed even if you give Udom 100 years! UDOM IS A CATASTROPHY, tell him if you know him. Our hope is in 2023 both at the state and federal level.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by NkanAkpanika: 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2020
rollingrocks:

None of those substandard projects will ever be completed even if you give Udom 100 years! UDOM IS A CATASTROPHY, tell him if you know him. Our hope is in 2023 both at the state and federal level.
So finally you have nothing to say.. Is allright
Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by rollingrocks: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

So finally you have nothing to say.. Is allright

Do you think I will waste my time listing Udom's failed projects? You must be joking. Udom is a failure and the world knows it!! It's not up for a debate so quit all this media hyping for a failed governor.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by Ilaumoh(m): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
rollingrocks:

Do you think I will waste my time listing Udom's failed projects? You must be joking. Udom is a failure and the world knows it!! It's not up for a debate so quit all this media hyping for a failed governor.
Senseless comment
Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by AngusTV: 11:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
Akwa Ibom Ayaya
Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by rollingrocks: 1:41am On Nov 12, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Senseless comment

Go and tell senseless Udom and his lieutenants to pay up gratuities, get reliable contractors to fix our roads and PAY THEM, that's the minimum. Udom is so shameless, it's all talk, talk and talk, nothing on ground. Common to maintain what he met on ground is a problem despite all the billions he collects monthly. 2023 should come so that he can pack his thieving a_ss back to his beloved Lagos where he came from. Nonsense.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Take Tourism To A Different Height.. Gov't by Blue3k(m): 1:54am On Nov 12, 2020
Esin also pointed out that the Ibom LeMeridian Hotels had witnessed a boost with the new management, as it remitted N200m to the state government as annual profit for the first time since its inception.

In over a decade of existence it only remitted 200m in profit. This hotel was a money pit.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria Police Force: Typical Sars’ Operation; As Captured At Awkuzu / I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists / Garba Sheu And Reno Omokri Exchange Words On Twitter Over Leah Sharibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.