Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) (23784 Views)

Food Concepts PLC (owners Of Chicken Republic) / Food Concepts Plc (owners Of Chicken Republic) Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Food Concepts Plc (Chicken Republic) Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 10:11am On Nov 06, 2020
I have been running a covert investigation on this organisation since i touched down Nigeria.

I have interviewed with many of its workers in different states and outlets.

It's no news that this organisation exploits our flooded market with Graduates and dysfunctional labour policies.

No Job security as staffs are fired anyhow and thus, explains why they recruit everyday.

Do not fall for their antics. They use and dump.

No Adequate staff warefare - People are being paid 27-28k Every month to work 6days in a week, in a non conducive environment, No public Holidays? why are we just being wicked as a nation?

Food Concepts Plc rakes in billions for investors every year yet their staffs are least paid.

It may interest you that Behind those fake " Nice - Nice gestures " are very unhappy workers willing to leave. If you doubt, walk into any of their outlets and ask anyone willing to talk if they're happy working there.

We will be updating this thread as we uncover more informations

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Pierocash(m): 10:16am On Nov 06, 2020
OK

28k for 6 days work? That is massive

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Shortyy(f): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2020
And Ikenna is one of their OP managers in Lagos, hope you're not him.

You're right on every thing you said apart from the salary. 27k is paid to floor staff, like the Cooks, the cashiers, the Host, the fryers etc. All depending on the store you're working in, a store that makes up to 1.5 million daily, their floor staff are paid 32k which is higher than a store that makes less than that.

There are shift managers, assistant managers and main restaurant manager.

Shift managers are paid 60k for stores that make 800k and above daily, while those make below are paid 55k.

Assistant managers are paid 90k for those that make 1 million and above daily, while those that make below are paid 85k.

Then RMs I think they're paid 120 or something of sort. Then there are Area managers who are paid higher than RMs.

That is just how it works, if one can endure and work diligently, you get promoted, and get higher salaries.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by nnekaike(f): 10:18am On Nov 06, 2020
it's not only chicken republic, if you know the number of companies in Nigeria that do that you will be shocked.

22 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 10:51am On Nov 06, 2020
Can i have a list of them?
Those paying below the minimum wage because I'll be having a meeting with some lawyers and NLC officials here in Abuja.

An anonymous whistle blowing platform will be lunched too.

26 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 11:04am On Nov 06, 2020
Shortyy:

You're right on every thing you said apart from the salary. 27k is paid to floor staff, like the Cooks, the cashiers, the Host, the fryers etc. All depending on the store you're working in, a store that makes up to 1.5 million daily, their floor staff are paid 32k which is higher than a store that makes less than that.

Shift managers are paid 60k for stores that make 800k and above daily, while those make below are paid 55k.

Assistant managers are paid 90k for those that make 1 million and above daily, while those that make below are paid 85k.

Then RMs I think they're paid 120 or something of sort. Then there are Area managers who are paid higher than RMs.

That is just how it works, if one can endure and work diligently, you get promoted, and get higher salaries.

Alot of the staffs(in white and red) we've interviewed mentioned this name.

It's obvious you know about this organisation.

These figures you quoted are they net or gross pay?
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2020
Pierocash:
OK

grin

I was perplexed too..

It's really terrible.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by nnekaike(f): 11:15am On Nov 06, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:
Can i have a list of them?
Those paying below the minimum wage because I'll be having a meeting with some lawyers and NLC officials here in Abuja.

An anonymous whistle blowing platform will be lunched too.
that will be good if anything will come out of it,some banks and corporate organizations treat their staff so bad even when they rake in billions for them yearly.

3 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Shortyy(f): 11:29am On Nov 06, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:

Alot of the staffs(in white and red) we've interviewed mentioned this name.

It's obvious you know about this organisation.

These figures you quoted are they net or gross pay?
They're monthly salaries.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Brozok: 11:43am On Nov 06, 2020
No wonder dey always recruiting graduate trainee everyday. They hire today & fire 2morow God help this nation.

4 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Hisduchess(f): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
It's Staff not staffs. It is a compound word so there is no need for (s). Daalu

17 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by HotPoundedYam(m): 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2020
If the Nigerian labour laws were not more or less a piece of writing and a directionless group of individuals, it would have been easier to fight all these nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by FatherCHRISTMAS: 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2020
Shortyy:

you seem to have a good knowledge of their organizational structure and payment.

You can't be working in that kind of atmosphere described by the op and be looking to work diligently towards promotion when you know you could be laid off anyhow

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Shortyy(f): 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
FatherCHRISTMAS:
you seem to have a good knowledge of their organizational structure and payment.

You can't be working in that kind of atmosphere described by the op and be looking to work diligently towards promotion when you know you could be laid off anyhow
It works. Some even get promoted before one year. It's all about hardwork and dedication.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by potbelly(m): 2:06pm On Nov 06, 2020
Welcome to the Nigerian labour market...

Truly I noticed they bring out adverts almost every month...

It is well...
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Nickshrapnel: 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2020
Pierocash:
OK

grin
It seems you’ve misread, it’s 28k per month, mon-sat

4 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by BennyDGreat: 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lord Have Mercy
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2020
Shortyy:

You evade my question about the 30k salary being net or Gross.

Apparently, you seem to know more about this.

If you're part of these injustices, you better call your people to order.

My team in PHC interviewed some staff today.
Same story line, more revelations.

6 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2020
Shortyy:

It works. Some even get promoted before one year. It's all about hardwork and dedication.

This is false...

We interviewed some people here in Abuja lastweek.
They have been working for over 3years.

Same position 28k salary.

Only a delusional person would pay 28k and expect people to be dedicated in discharging their duties.

8 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by djflexcy: 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2020
Everything Op mentioned there is true, I worked with them for just one month, I can say that's no job but a slavery camp

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Realtalk20: 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2020
Shortyy:

He asked if they are monthly net or gross undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by MikeMicheal(m): 5:59pm On Nov 06, 2020
THIEF! How much should they pay you after feeding you for free everyday

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Shortyy(f): 5:59pm On Nov 06, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:

This is false...

We interviewed some people here in Abuja lastweek.
They have been working for over 3years.

Same position 28k salary.

Only a delusional person would pay 28k and expect people to be dedicated in discharging their duties.

I hope you know people they pay 28k are not managers? They're floor staff. And there are people that slack at their jobs.

How do you expect them to promote someone that slack at their jobs? And to management position for that matter.

You think being a manager there is easy? Hmm. They promote floor staff only when they see dedication, hardwork, attentiveness in them. And when they've become very familiar with the whole department.

You cabr just go and promote someone because they've been there for long No. You have to show that you're qualified to be promoted.

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Shortyy(f): 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:

You evade my question about the 30k salary being net or Gross.

Apparently, you seem to know more about this.

If you're part of these injustices, you better call your people to order.

My team in PHC interviewed some staff today.
Same story line, more revelations.

Which injustice? I'm just telling you how the place works. The amount I mentioned there are monthly salaries. Abi you don't know what monthly salary is again? It is what they're paid monthly. Like their monthly allowance.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
[quote author=Shortyy post=95758003][/quote]

Madam i know what it takes to work in a restaurant.

Weather they are they the least on their pay scale, Restaurant business isn't easy.

Last time i check, our minimum wage has been increased. Why do Food Concepts Plc still pay 28k?

It may interest you to know, we're gathering information.

Once we're done, we definitely will come for your organisation with our Labour and Employment lawyers.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Shortyy(f): 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:

Madam i know what it takes to work in a restaurant.

Weather they are they the least on their pay scale, Restaurant business isn't easy.

Last time i check, our minimum wage has been increased. Why do Food Concepts Plc still pay 28k?

It may interest you to know, we're gathering information.

Once we're done, we definitely will come for your organisation with our Labour and Employment lawyers.

Hmm I never told you it was easy Sir.

I'm only correcting you on the salary side.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
Shortyy:

Hmm I never told you it was easy Sir.

I'm only correcting you on the salary side.

I asked a simple question madam...
Stop beating around the bush.

Is the 30k salary net or gross?

Just a simple question and you're stressing us

3 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Lighthouse50: 7:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
I will really appreciate if you can investigate private school teachers who earn 6k monthly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lighthouse50:
I will really appreciate if you can investigate private school teachers who earn 6k monthly

Drop the name of the school.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by flokii: 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
What is Ngige and the staff of Ministry of Labour and Productivity doing? Where is the NLC and other Labour unions?

Too many companies now exploit workers and Nigerians at will yet nothing is being done. No welfare packages, no regulated income for skilled/unskilled workers or health insurance for workers yet these companies are allowed to operate freely in Nigeria.
I feel for the coming generation.

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 8:20pm On Nov 06, 2020
MikeMicheal:
THIEF! How much should they pay you after feeding you for free everyday

You definitely work with them...

Do not worry, we have pictures of what you call the free foods.

Even animals are not fed that.

Your staff aren't allowed to eat the restaurant's meal.
You rather contract to roadside food vendors who in return underportion or cook meals not suitable for even dogs.

Prove me wrong!

We have our evidences as some of your staff have been helpful with informations.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Elsueno: 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hey, I can totally work for that amount BUT with some conditions

1- I work only 4 Hours a day, starting from 10am
2- 59minutes break everyday
3- Get two days a week off, doesn't matter which day
4-I will only work as a cashier or supervisor
5- I need correct cable TV and fully air-conditioned work space.
6- Comfortable sofa and free wifi grin grin
7- You must serve me breakfast and lunch
8- Transport money everyday 300-500 naira, even if my house is across D street cheesy

On a serious note, 90% of all these fancy and big eateries pay shyt to thier workers and treat them like slaves. Imagine paying someone 10-30k and have them work 6 days a week 8am to 5pm. Sometimes mama put pays more & don't even stress D workers as much

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Npower Batch C Beneficiaries Who Have Received October Stipend Should Post Here / Massive Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Accenture / Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHEDC) Jobs - 55 Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.