Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,088 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

How Do I Cope With Anxiety - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With Anxiety (2624 Views)

How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? / How Do I Cope With This Behaviour / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 10:20am On Nov 06, 2020
I get so tensed up easily. I have tried meditation, alcohol even drugs all to no avail.. It's worse when I converse with people I get really sweaty. It is affecting me in so many ways. What should I do?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by ecomalchemist(m): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2020
You need to take L-THEANINE supplement.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2020
ecomalchemist:
You need to take L-THEANINE supplement.

What's that?
What's the common name?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
how about you lifting weight, eat lots of protein, be and feel better
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by okoIYAyin(m): 2:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
How old are you? I used to be like you but i outgrew it, so don't worry much ok. In the meantime you can try go out more often, go to the cinema, park, meet new people and with time you'll be surprised with the changes.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by frozen70(f): 3:21pm On Nov 06, 2020
Do lots of exercise

Read more about anxiety management
Read more about men's health

Learn to take things calmly so far threat to life is not involve

Learn to take charge of your happiness

Avoid people who triggers you

Learn to avoid engaging yourself into arguments

Leant to give yourself peace of mind

You are responsible for all that I have mentioned
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by jesmond3945: 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2020
OBhdae:
I get so tensed up easily. I have tried meditation, alcohol even drugs all to no avail.. It's worse when I converse with people I get really sweaty. It is affecting me in so many ways. What should I do?
me too. I solved it by working on my mind.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by mutter(f): 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
Please watch this video.
Anxiety should be treated properly so that you don't let it define your life.
I have made my experiences with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ9Jd1HK04c
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by Shortyy(f): 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hmm. It takes the Grace of God to overcome anxiety.

Learn to take things easy no matter the situation.

Teach yourself to be calm and collected every time.

I used to be to anxious myself, but I'm learning to control it.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by fredwill1357(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
OBhdae:
Stop masturbating if you do, exercise your body everyday, do things that scare you and expose yourself more.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by okoIYAyin(m): 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2020
Shortyy:
Hmm. It takes the Grace of God to overcome anxiety.

Learn to take things easy no matter the situation.

Teach yourself to be calm and collected every time.

I used to be to anxious myself, but I'm learning to control it.

How far na, still ignoring me?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 6:56am On Nov 07, 2020
okoIYAyin:
How old are you? I used to be like you but i outgrew it, so don't worry much ok. In the meantime you can try go out more often, go to the cinema, park, meet new people and with time you'll be surprised with the changes.

I am almost in my mid 20s.. I have done so much but all to no avail and it is affecting my life negatively.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 6:57am On Nov 07, 2020
jesmond3945:
me too. I solved it by working on my mind.

How did you work on your mind
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 7:00am On Nov 07, 2020
Thanks guys for taking out time to give me advice. Please i would love the mods to please put it on Front-page so I can get loads of opinions. Thanks
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by realtalk19: 7:52am On Nov 07, 2020
frozen70:
Do lots of exercise

Read more about anxiety management
Read more about men's health

Learn to take things calmly so far threat to life is not involve

Learn to take charge of your happiness

Avoid people who triggers you

Learn to avoid engaging yourself into arguments

Leant to give yourself peace of mind

You are responsible for all that I have mentioned

Very right. It helps a lot
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by Mindlog: 8:20am On Nov 07, 2020
OBhdae:

Make out time to read up on and even watch youtube videos on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Anxiety
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by pozehnani(f): 9:18am On Nov 07, 2020
OBhdae:

Get a good aromatherapy oil to help you feel relaxed. For me, I like using frankincense essential oil. It relaxes my mood whenever I'm tensed. Then prayer works too.

Also do a few quick yoga exercise when it comes eg, inhale slowly on count of ten then exhale (slowly again) until you get to your last breath. Repeat like 5 times and you'll be relieved.

Now, when you're tensed before someone, try not to engage in longer convo. Just do short talks until you've regained your breath ( with the yoga tip I gave up there). Overtime, you'll be in control.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by BigDawsNet: 1:11pm On Nov 07, 2020
See a teraphist if you can afford one

Always pray to God for guidance
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
pozehnani:

Get a good aromatherapy oil to help you feel relaxed. For me, I like using frankincense essential oil. It relaxes my mood whenever I'm tensed. Then prayer works too.

Also do a few quick yoga exercise when it comes eg, inhale slowly on count of ten then exhale (slowly again) until you get to your last breath. Repeat like 5 times and you'll be relieved.

Now, when you're tensed before someone, try not to engage in longer convo. Just do short talks until you've regained your breath ( with the yoga tip I gave up there). Overtime, you'll be in control.

How do I get it and how is it used?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by pozehnani(f): 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2020
[quote author=OBhdae post=95796839]

How do I get it and how is it used?[/quot

From any drug store or cosmetic shop.

Just put a few drops in your palm, rub together and inhale it or add a few drops in hot water, bend your head over the bowl of water and cover your head with a towel so you can inhale it in the steam.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2020
[quote author=pozehnani post=95798303][/quote]
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by pozehnani(f): 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
OBhdae:

Thanks dear

You're welcome.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by prince2pac(m): 12:02am On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:
Please stop anything medication, I have a friend who lost all her memory while taking all those anxiety and depression drugs, even till now she is still not 100%...

Trying working on your mind like meditation, get a pet too, a cat would be easy to manage.. take lots of walks and exercise... Make sure you drink enough water too...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by culf: 5:59am On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

Pray about it (everything) read some Bible verses about fear and anxiety and pray. Always do things that will take your mind of things; rigorous things, brain task, or play games that needs lots of concentration to take your mind of it.

Know that anxiety doesn't stop or solve anything, it only cause you more pains and troubles. Also know that every problem or issue have an expiry date so why kill yourself about it
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 08, 2020
Exercise.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by mariahAngel(f): 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

Do you think/worry too much?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by Cutehector(m): 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2020
Say Jesus,

Help me to remove my anxiety, help me lord.

Amen.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2020
prince2pac:
Please stop anything medication, I have a friend who lost all her memory while taking all those anxiety and depression drugs, even till now she is still not 100%...

Trying working on your mind like meditation, get a pet too, a cat would be easy to manage.. take lots of walks and exercise... Make sure you drink enough water too...

Meditation.. I do that a lot. It ain't working. I did you use a couple of depression drugs, it became even worse. I totally lost control of myself
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
mariahAngel:

Do you think/worry too much?
Who doesn't?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
pozehnani:

You're welcome.
Please what's the price range?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by pozehnani(f): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

Please what's the price range?

Where's your location?

In Lagos you can get some brand, 50ml for 500 naira. Then another brand goes for 5k for 15ml. So it depends on the brand you want but they do the same thing. The only difference is those expensive ones can be ingested ( you don't need to) while the cheaper brands can only be used topically or for aromatherapy purpose.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2020
pozehnani:

Where's your location?

In Lagos you can get some brand, 50ml for 500 naira. Then another brand goes for 5k for 15ml. So it depends on the brand you want but they do the same thing. The only difference is those expensive ones can be ingested ( you don't need to) while the cheaper brands can only be used topically or for aromatherapy purpose.

I live in Edo State. You sound like a medical practitioner. I would get it hopefully this week. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? / Family Of 8, Friend Die In Sleep ... After Burial Of Mother / My Wife Saved My Mother Name With " Old Witch" -from A Male Reader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.