Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? (13361 Views)

Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? / Do Ugly Humans Irritate You ? / Do Grammatical Blunders (gbagauns, Ibons) Irritate You? (2) (3) (4)

What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by soulpatrol(f): 6:18am On Jun 27, 2007
Hey guys/girls, ok I just think its high time we had a thread where we can list all our pet peeves i.e. little or big common day things that annoy the hell out of us, or things that maybe people should stop doing or should take correction for. Ok here goes my list. e long small o!  tongue feel free to add as many as you want.

- Wearing sunglasses at night.  cool ok, if you aint blind, pls don't wear shades in the dark, people! like, who the hell are you? Corey Hart? (singer that sang "i wear my sunglasses at night"wink

- Writing words in capital letters - make I no even mantion names on this forum alone. you know your names o. tongue

- Scraping a fork, knife or spoon on a plate. arrghhhh. thats the most annoying sound ever, and why can't people eat without being so noisy with their utensils? and for heaven's sake, NEVER use an iron sponge to scrape a non-stick pan/pot. some people are just plain idiots. its called non-stick because the coating is meant to stay on and not be scraped off. duh!

- Scratching your nails across a board just to be a he-goat (you all know that sound can make someone go deaf)

- Invading someone's personal space i.e. coming too close when talking and almost spitting in one's face (ok, its a naija thing, but please not too close. i dont need to know what your breath stinks like tongue)

- Extremely fat girls squeezing into jeans and their butt crack be hanging out all over the place. like, get your own damn size! its ok to be a size 14 o.

- Not replacing the tissue paper when the roll is apparently empty. arghhhhh! don't be lazy now. haba.

- Ordering the greasiest, fat-ladden junk food and then topping it off with "diet coke". lipsrsealed like, fatso, who are you kidding"

- Talking very loud on your cell phone. we don't need to know your bidniss o! like, lock yourself in a soundproof booth or something or better yet, shut up till you get home.

- Arghhhhhh i hate when during lunch time at work, some yeye co-worker you don't even talk to looks into your food and is like "oh what's that you're having?" and making comments on how your food looks. like WTF i don't even know you. shuo! why you dey put nose inside my food anyway? ughhhhh!

- When people say "alrighty". i dont know why, but there's something about adding a "y" to the end of "alright" that ticks me off.

- Chewing gum loudly and making that pop/smack sound thats so irritating! ughhhh! like, haba, why you gotta be chewing gum like a prostitute? smiley

- People going through my personal stuff i.e. bag, clothes and personal items. like, ask my permission first you know.

- Guys not putting the toilet seat back down after they pee, or peeing all over the rim. argghhhhhhh! didn't y'all learn how to direct your pee into the center of the bowl? he he he.

- Purse lining stained with ink, make-up, just plain nasty dirt in your bag/purse. girls, don't front now, you know you guilty, even me grin

- Sticking a knife into peanut butter and then the same knife into jam or vice versa. arghhhhhhh, like ughhh, get a clean knife now. i don't want to see no crusty ass peanut butter pieces in my jam. i can bite someone's head off for doing that.

- People that feel they have to curse every 2 seconds when trying to put a sentence together. like can you just say
something intelligent without saying the "f" word?

- Burping and farting in public without saying excuse me. shocked like, you no get manners? ok, white folks, ya know most of you are guilty of that? he he he grin

- Housemates/Roommates who never ever take part in household chores and just mooch off you.  angry (like, i ain't your momma, so clean up your shit already and pay some bills, fool!)

- People that interrupt or cut in when they can clearly see that you're talking to someone else.

- Blowing your nose in public. why do so many people do that? i don't understand, like you'll just be chilling and some yeye person beside you will just keep blowing a big loogie continuously into a tissue. i'm like WTF can't you go into a washroom and do that? ughhhh!

- Saying "OMIGOD" like 50,000 times in every sentence (ok, i'm guilty, and my white sistas, you know you guilty too) grin

i'll add more when i think of them. in the mean time, add your own o. grin
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by OmoEko1(f): 6:26am On Jun 27, 2007
soulpatrol:

- Wearing sunglasses at night. cool ok, if you aint blind, please don't wear shades in the dark, people! like, who the hell are you? Corey Hart? (singer that sang "i wear my sunglasses at night"wink

t
I don't see nothing wrong in wearing a stunna at night because i do it all the time, especially at the club wink wink, wearing my sunglass at night time is an indication of drunkenness or tipsy.
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by soulpatrol(f): 6:34am On Jun 27, 2007
omo eko, you just bad, girl grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by OmoEko1(f): 6:39am On Jun 27, 2007
But the sunglass gives me a great view when am trying to look at a fine bobo cheesy cheesy cheesy, and i can't take a pic without my sunglass
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by sleekdot(m): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2007
I think its wrong to wear sunglasses at nite.no sun at night
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by OmoEko1(f): 7:13am On Jun 27, 2007
That's naija but up here it's cool
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by ryu11(m): 7:31am On Jun 27, 2007
@ poster

You've about covered em all. so which ones in the list are u guilty of from time to time. as they say, no one is perfect.
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by Everbright(f): 9:25am On Jun 27, 2007
I hate colleagues who can't stop asking you how much you bought your stuffs,where and when you bought it.
Hate fellows who stop to greet someone you are with,without saying hi to you.
Detest the habit of continually sneefing both in wet and in dry seasons.
Hate it when people don't know the correct word for a thing and calls it what they like. Like our very illiterate neighbours calling our meggard whose name is Abdullahi, Mohammedi!, soooooooo irritating!
I hate people asking unreasonable,unintelligent,stupid questions, like having me repeat something very simple over and over to force it into the fool's head, haba
I detest perceiving plate i used to eat.
Hate people pouring water into the plate they finished eating with.
Abnormalities give me goose pimples. Can remember my friend buying me biscuits when i was sick,and while i was eating it,I noticed one biscuit bigger than the others,I screamed,threw the biscuit away and entered the ladies. cry
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by Caradona(f): 10:04am On Jun 27, 2007
@ TOPIC

- I hate it when every Rich Babas thinks that I want a Sugar Daddy and try to buy me Gifts. aaargh

- When I drive my expensive sports Car everybody assume that I have a sugar Daddy

- When fat girls calls me Prostitute when their Men looks at me or when I dress sexy

- When some idiot ask me "is that your Hair" and I'm like yeah " I've got receipt to prove it"

- Guys who wants to Bleep me in the ass, go find your self a man stupid

- Strangers who call me their sister, like hello my Mum didn't give birth to you

- People that are crafty

- old mamas or babas who still alter their ages

- Testimonies period

- When Guys expects that I will sleep with them because I went out on a date with them

- When Guys ask stupid question like " are you a virgin" when they are not virgins themselves

- When Born-Again wants to save my soul because i dress sexy. Aaargh
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by yse(m): 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2007
Wen u abouy to kiss a girl and she says Y do U want to kiss.Even tho she wants it.I mean.Wots d answer to dt question.
Or gals askin Y do U lik me.
I hate boys dat jus want me to drink with them.Guess they wanna c me drunk.
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by moondust(m): 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2007
- people without a dime to their names bragging

- ugly chicks with ugly attitude

- rubbing coins together (sets my teeth on edge)

- You stop a girl to ask a question and she thinks u want to toast her

- when u find out a girl is not a virgin and she comes up wit the usual story of childhood molestation

- Fellas who'd sleep with just about anything in skirt

- Friends who remember you only when they need money

- them account number text  messages

- All annoying as hell!!! angry
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by yogun(f): 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2007
I hate the alarm esp wen it goes off in the morn ( time to go work)

I hate seeing k-legs in mini skirts ( chics)

I hate pple with d funny accents, trying to form dat U speak good English wen it is damned obvious that it is better for U to be natural.

I hate pple with funny attitude dat feel they r better in wotever that others and treat pple less than human. ( some pple cld be guilty of dis)

will post more as i remember
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by yogun(f): 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2007
pple that pick their faces and noses

some pple just lack every day manners, do things U dont even expect of a kid
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by justme3(m): 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2007
i hate when u know that the answer to 2+2 is 4 and every1 in class thinks u are a superstar, WTF

when some chic i m just friends with says i didnt call her on birthday(morrafucker oshi) i dnt even remember my own birthday

i hate it when ppl come to my house unannounced. its even worse when i want to sleep
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by soulpatrol(f): 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2007
Everbright:

Abnormalities give me goose pimples. Can remember my friend buying me biscuits when i was sick,and while i was eating it,I noticed one biscuit bigger than the others,I screamed,threw the biscuit away and entered the ladies. cry

hmm i hate abnormalities too, or things that don't seem to look right. it could be part of OCD i think (Obssesive Compulsive Disorder). i'm definitely guilty of some OCD behaviour e.g.

if i don't make my bed before i go out, my day is going to be horrible. not only that, the pillow has to be set at a certain angle and the duvet has to be folded the right way, otherwise i'll just be uptight all day o. weird eh! and pls dont tell me i'm crazy! grin

washing my hands every hour. i just feel that everything i touch is filthy so i have to run to a sink and wash it off. even though i carry a hand sanitizer everywhere i go, it's not enough. because of that my hands are constantly dry cos even when i apply lotion, i end up washing it all off again.

i know this is offensive to some people but i cant help it when i eat at a friend's place, i have to re-wash the utensils or use a napkin to wipe it vigorously (before eating) because i feel like they prolly didn't wash it as good as i do! i'm a dishaholic freak. dishes gotta be super clean o.

another odd thing i do is when i see something bubbling over like paint or saliva i feel like puking. or if it just doesn't look right.
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by spoilt(f): 4:18am On Jun 28, 2007
i hate when guys eternally have their hands in their boxers on their crotches.
they do in the living room in front of visitors. its just reflex that they always have their hands down there. as i result i never shake hands with guys, i never let them touch me. (i know where their hands have been!) angry
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by jagwar: 4:24am On Jun 28, 2007
Um u dont shake hands with men coz u know where their hands hav been. Do u plan 2 have children grin
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by spoilt(f): 4:26am On Jun 28, 2007
i have a 6 month old. grin
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by Zequisha(f): 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2007
I really hate it when someone shows up in my house unannounced.

I detest some one screaming my name

I hate it when i go out on a date with a guy and he thinks am going to sleep with him or am in love with him.

I hate it when people keep asking how much i got some stuff am wearing, i can describe where i got but asking me how much i got it -nada.

I really hate it when people shout while they are on phone or just having a discussion, damn ain'nt deaf.

I actually think each of us has on or more OCD's
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by ryu11(m): 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2007
if i don't make my bed before i go out, my day is going to be horrible. not only that, the pillow has to be set at a certain angle and the duvet has to be folded the right way, otherwise I'll just be uptight all day o. weird eh! and please don't tell me I'm crazy!

Honey, Trust me, I'm a shrink. U r definitely crazy. You need a shrink desper8tly embarassed

just kidding, OCD is fairly common, but mostly you are just germaphobic/Mysophobic.

I always knew a higher % OF NL members are nuts.
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by ryu11(m): 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2007
i hate when guys eternally have their hands in their boxers on their crotches.
they do in the living room in front of visitors. its just reflex that they always have their hands down there. as i result i never shake hands with guys, i never let them touch me. (i know where their hands have been!)

why the phobia for the crotch? haven't you had the occupant of that area inside you before?

If you had why do you think it's dirty suddenly. And these males you reffer to. are they your brothers or your lover?
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by spoilt(f): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2007
didnt say the male crotch was dirty. grin
they just dont have to have their hands in their pants all day.all night. everytime. while sitting on their verandahs, while entertaining visitors in the living room etc. are they scared the 'thing' is going to disappear?
i dont get it. and they dont wash their hands often. then they want to shake me? no sir!
i carry purrell in my bag always. and no im not a germophobe. i just know where those hands have been.
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by finemocha(f): 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2007
i detest public spitting and burping out loud
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by BlackMamba(m): 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2007

I hate it when i go out on a date with a guy and he thinks am going to sleep with him

Deal with it. You date to bone.
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by Esss(m): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2007
BlackMamba:

Deal with it. You date to bone.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA grin grin grin grin

I bow O! That's the whole essence of date abi??
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by soulpatrol(f): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2007
it is true though, once a guy takes you out, wines and dines you, buy you flowers, candy or whatever, next thing he expects to see the color of your drawers. very very typical. guys, its true now, isn't it? its almost like getting nookie is the payment for all the things he has done for you. how tacky! no thanks o, next time i'll get the bill and buy him gifts too so he won't expect something in return. tongue 50-50.
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by babadee(m): 1:10am On Jun 29, 2007
-That popping sound some people make when chewing gum, damn!!! it totally spoils my hr because it sorts of echoes in my head.

-using my stuff without asking. have some manners and simply ask!

-girls that offer limp hands for handshakes, damn, is that supposed to be cute or what?

-dudes with beer guts wearing body-hugging tees. always got me like " did you look in the mirror?"
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by spoilt(f): 1:47am On Jun 29, 2007
babadee:

-That popping sound some people make when chewing gum, damn!!! it totally spoils my hr because it sorts of echoes in my head.

-

met a girl in a bank once. she was popping her gum and i swear it sounded like gun shots! shocked
i dont get it. is the gum that tasty, or is it hot? or do they want attention? someone tell me why they do that. grin
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by omoge(f): 2:24am On Jun 29, 2007
same here  grin grin but i wouldn't say mine is OCD just to over hygienic  grin
i remember back at the hostel at sch in Nigeria, my roommates fear to sit on my bed, or touch my beddings, it's just to specky and too tidy. one little line, i know someone touched something. that's going to be a really  angry day lol.
i watched them use other s pillow for seat so i locked my pillow when am leaving for class  grin

my roommates here don't like cleaning after themselves. once i caught my oyinbo roomie using the sponge for washing dish to clean the bathroom sink. once for her shoe. she was like, oh am going to wash it when i'm done  shocked from then on, i got my own everything no more sharing.

i hate it when someone yawn without covering their mouth. spreading their germs and stinking air  shocked

i hate it when others leave messy bathroom for you.

i hate it when other african students stop by unannounce and want food lol, hey!! i just got in from class  undecided and my apartment is not a eatery even though i'm a great cook. When i tell them to wait till after exam for time to make ''free food'' it's like i just said your life is over lol.

soulpatrol:

hmm i hate abnormalities too, or things that don't seem to look right. it could be part of OCD i think (Obssesive Compulsive Disorder). i'm definitely guilty of some OCD behaviour e.g.

if i don't make my bed before i go out, my day is going to be horrible. not only that, the pillow has to be set at a certain angle and the duvet has to be folded the right way, otherwise i'll just be uptight all day o. weird eh! and please don't tell me i'm crazy! grin

washing my hands every hour. i just feel that everything i touch is filthy so i have to run to a sink and wash it off. even though i carry a hand sanitizer everywhere i go, it's not enough. because of that my hands are constantly dry because even when i apply lotion, i end up washing it all off again.

i know this is offensive to some people but i can't help it when i eat at a friend's place, i have to re-wash the utensils or use a napkin to wipe it vigorously (before eating) because i feel like they prolly didn't wash it as good as i do! i'm a dishaholic freak. dishes gotta be super clean o.

another odd thing i do is when i see something bubbling over like paint or saliva i feel like puking. or if it just doesn't look right.

Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by BlackMamba(m): 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2007

Once a guy takes you out, wines and dines you, buy you flowers, candy or whatever, next thing he expects to see the color of your drawers. Next time i'll get the bill and buy him gifts too so he won't expect something in return.

Even better. That means you desperately want him to take off your drawers.
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by soulpatrol(f): 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2007
@Blackmamba. so you get mouth to dey talk like say as if you've never done it before? haba now. after showring attention and gifts on a woman, haven't you ever expected a roll in the hay at some point? no lie o grin
Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? by soulpatrol(f): 11:00pm On Jun 29, 2007
omoge:

my roommates here don't like cleaning after themselves. once i caught my oyinbo roomie using the sponge for washing dish to clean the bathroom sink. once for her shoe. she was like, oh am going to wash it when i'm done  shocked from then on, i got my own everything no more sharing.

shocked shocked shocked no she didn't! omigod, is she just dumb or what? enough transfer of germs o. i no blame them sha. most of them no get training anyway. i don live with enough of them. very very bad manners. some of them na their mama go come their apartment come clean am for them. talk of being spoilt silly. that one na "ibaje" o.  my own experince be say the ones wey i live with no dey even shower talkless of clean bathroom. na once in a blue moon o. grin

Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? / Faulty Predictions by Some Greatmen . / Is Tomorrow Public Holiday?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80