Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:37 PM

Landlord Collected My Money Over Two Months And Refused Me To Move In - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Collected My Money Over Two Months And Refused Me To Move In (1858 Views)

Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / Landlord Collected My Money Over Two Months And Refused Me To Move In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlord Collected My Money Over Two Months And Refused Me To Move In by proff010: 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2020
Since the house was empty why did you paid him, you can't move in .try to get a refund asap
Zealoy:
yeah he gave me receipt, I paid #100k for the total package, the account I paid in the money was the landlords account and I paid the money through transfer, the house was empty when I inspected the house
Re: Landlord Collected My Money Over Two Months And Refused Me To Move In by Zealoy(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
proff010:
Since the house was empty why did you paid him, you can't move in .try to get a refund asap
he has been on the run
Re: Landlord Collected My Money Over Two Months And Refused Me To Move In by Nedsnow(m): 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
Zealoy:
there's no one there the house is empty, but they didn't want me to move in

To eradicate any doubt, please go to the house to check if there is any sign of renovation going on in the room. If there is none, tell the Landlord you will like to move in and do the renovation yourself.

If that move is rejected, it’s possible there is a fight on the room mainly because the landlord probably inherited the building/room and it’s causing an issue with his siblings.

In this case, find a lawyer, tell him or her about all this, provide your evidence of payment and he will try to sue the landlord. If he is served this with a clause of arrest if nothing is done, this might prompt him to concede defeat and stop wasting your time. The lawyer letter should cost you between 5-10k.

If you can do that... it will be much better
Re: Landlord Collected My Money Over Two Months And Refused Me To Move In by Zealoy(m): 6:07am On Nov 19, 2020
Nedsnow:

To eradicate any doubt, please go to the house to check if there is any sign of renovation going on in the room. If there is none, tell the Landlord you will like to move in and do the renovation yourself.

If that move is rejected, it’s possible there is a fight on the room mainly because the landlord probably inherited the building/room and it’s causing an issue with his siblings.

In this case, find a lawyer, tell him or her about all this, provide your evidence of payment and he will try to sue the landlord. If he is served this with a clause of arrest if nothing is done, this might prompt him to concede defeat and stop wasting your time. The lawyer letter should cost you between 5-10k.

you are right
Re: Landlord Collected My Money Over Two Months And Refused Me To Move In by Zealoy(m): 6:19am On Nov 19, 2020
Nedsnow:

I've told him that I wanted to move into the apartment like that before but refused, with the excuses that if I move in that the local government will sue them to court since they have not given them the permit to continue work at the house, but I later find out that all those things are lies
Re: Landlord Collected My Money Over Two Months And Refused Me To Move In by MisterKay321(m): 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2021
Have you finally resolved the issue?
Re: Landlord Collected My Money Over Two Months And Refused Me To Move In by Zealoy(m): 6:21am On Mar 09, 2021
MisterKay321:
Have you finally resolved the issue?
No not at all

(1) (2) (Reply)

AAIW / 850sqm Fenceland With Certificate Of Occupancy @lagoon Estate Amuwo Odofin Lagos / One Storey Building With 4 Flats For Sale At Ilasa GRA Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.