Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post (18062 Views)

Miracle Anele, Rivers University SUG President & His Bodyguard (Photos) / Rivers University Student Finds Rusted Zinc In The Food She Bought In The Hostel / Ekiti University Lifts Ban On ASUU, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
Update From . COM

The management of the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education (IAEU) has lifted the suspension of two of its students over their alleged inciting Facebook posts.

Recall that the students, Sunday Idongesit and Remmy Chibuzor, were suspended for one academic session over Facebook comments capable of 'creating panic, confusion and public disorder' in the institution.

The Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Ozo-Mekuri Ndimele, who confirmed the pardon in statement issued on Friday, November 6, said the decision was taken following appeals from well-meaning individuals and human rights groups.

"Based on appeals from well-meaning individuals, the Management of Ignatius Ajuru University, on behalf of Senate, hereby lifts the suspension order on the two students: Mr. Chibuzor Remmy and Mr. Sundany Idongesit who published materials on the social media capable of causing public disorder," the statement reads.

Two other male students caught in a female hostel have also been pardoned by the management. Recall that the school had banned intersex visits to hostels following the gang rape of a female student by three of her colleagues.

"In like manner, the two male students caught in the female hostel are hereby forgiven.
The Management, however, warns that henceforth, any student who does anything capable of bringing the University to public ridicule will be disciplined according to the rules and regulations of the University." the statement added.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/11/update-rivers-varsity-lifts-suspension-order-on-two-students-over-facebook-posts-2.html

5 Likes

Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by slawormiir: 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

This should be a lesson to people that like posting anything that comes from their mind on social media

poshestmina:

He's not harsh oh...was my lecturer and Dean of faculty back in UNIPORT.

Na beg them go beg am grin
The boyfriend of this girl must be a real niggarr
You mentioned it in that earlier thread that the vc is not harsh

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by estirocky(f): 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:53pm On Nov 06, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

This should be a lesson to people that like posting dog shit that comes from the mind on social media

The boyfriend of this girl must be a real niggarr

Also Check It Out: https://www.nairaland.com/6237044/young-woman-gang-raped-murdered
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by DaniDani(m): 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
That power drunk vc should be suspended. Imagine suspending students over mild reactions. Just insignificant vc of one low budget University be feeling like Wiked!

24 Likes

Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lalasticlala This is the update of this thread
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by HAPPINESSSS(f): 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2020
HAPPINESS IS HERE grin

I HOPE THEY TAKE TO CORRECTION.
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by Techguyz(m): 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2020
wink
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by Mokason288(m): 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2020
What kinda school is Ignatius Ajuru University of Education (IAEU)

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by bolaayenimo: 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2020
Suspension kill them there, including Wike

6 Likes

Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by GloShare(m): 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
Silly VC.

The vice chancellor is immature. It means he cannot accept criticism. Suspension is not something to be waved at the slightest provocation...

Big shame on you Mr VC for abusing the privileges of your office and attempting to silence future opinions.

20 Likes

Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by Techguyz(m): 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
Foolish IPOB VC undecided

4 Likes

Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by Melison(m): 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
Very soon Dem go ban social media to an extent for this country
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
I’ve nothing to say
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by Strongbest(m): 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
Happy for them.

That name "Idongesit" reminds me of a friend back in school. I still don't know how to pronounce that name till today. Sounds "I don guess it". grin

6 Likes

Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by Dovegrey: 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2020
Modafuckers
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2020
K
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by kennyflames(m): 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2020
Na luck sha
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by crossfm: 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2020
University is suspending students,while their father ASUU is on strike.
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by SultanOfPuna: 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2020
Dd
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by sochey(f): 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2020
Me not reading but rushing to comment grin

But then, I don't have much to say cool
Re: Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post by collum(m): 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
the boys been pardon should henceforth trade with caution. hide traps are still set up for them oh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Remi Ajiboye: I Was Paid N4,000 As Monthly Salary, Says ASUP Chairman / Benue State University Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session / Chrisland Students Shine In Cambridge Examinations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.