Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays (62591 Views)

Why Majority Of Married Men No Longer Kiss Their Wives / Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays / My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Pelxmiye(m): 10:04am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

This is Nigeria, everyone would never earn 100k, let alone 400k. I remember making my hair somewhere and one lady there said the only way she can work in corporate Nigeria is if they pay her like 150k. I was shocked at her target, but it reminded me of the reality in Nigeria.

The most important thing is to get a supportive partner and cut down on unnecessary things. We should also watch the number of kids we have. Nigerians too born abeg!

Wedding has never been compulsory. Especially when the couple cannot afford one.

On point, I know a friend who's just 32 , basic salary is 130K at this primary, works multiple jobs , totalling up to like 250-300K monthly salary, he's a graphic designer, video animator, already has a land, married, his wife has her own Cake making /eateries kitchen....they intend to buy their first car, thinking of using for Uber and driving by himself,both of them are hustlers,I just look at them and I wish ,women can open their eyes and see that, everything that is need for any marriage to work is the will to make it work, support each other,kill all expectations and get to work in the marriage, the basic issue every Nigerian woman and most women have is the believe that they're princesses, eggs to be treated the best whether or not they've earned it, sometimes when this my friend wants to blow money on something unnecessary, she's sit him down and even analyze the best possible way and projects they should spend,I think the two of them were made for each other, it's hard to find such sha,but women need to drop the "I'm a princess" attitude, whoever is lying to them need to stop undecided undecided undecided undecided

13 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by hardeytarhyour(m): 10:04am On Nov 07, 2020
The main reason for that is
WIDESPREAD OF ZINA (Prostitution/Adultery), through unnecessary Dating (Boyfriendand Girlfriend) that is the main reason that make men delay their marriage because, One of the sweet that you will enjoy in marriage you have already enjoying much of it, and that is has caused so many problem

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by udomma1005(m): 10:05am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.
Are you okay like dis?
With this your style of reasoning, dear sister, you WON'T get married to!
A man saves up funds to pay your parent & kindred, money as dowry, who basically have a poor/selfish mentality, even if they might be rich and you spew the thrash that "a woman's money isn't ought to be shared"?
If I wasn't married, I would have stalked you, married you, no matter what it takes or your folks high demands, then I would have gladly sacrificed you for money rituals to recoup my expenses!

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by hartson(m): 10:05am On Nov 07, 2020
Liposure:
I blame the traditional upbringing of the female child where the man is seen as breadwinner and provider while the woman is seen as caregiver. We need to change that mentality and start reorientating these girls
Yes,We need to change that narrative going forward.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by 4ckyou: 10:06am On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

There is no benefit to marrying them oo, only men benefit from marriage, the children a woman bears answer their fathers name and add to fathers lineage,
Even companionship you spoke of na scam because the idiots will still cheat on their wives or attempt to cheat on her.

The only thing they used to do before which is provide, they cannot do it again and these days many women are the ones carrying the family.

Very useless people.

I agree with you 100%, most 21st century men are lazy.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Dididrumz(m): 10:08am On Nov 07, 2020
rawfact:

It is better you don't plan to share their money o. It is in your best interest grin

That one na still true sha
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by 4ckyou: 10:09am On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

They have no usefulness at all, none.

In many cases, once the woman starts earning considerable amount of money, the men abandon breadwinning for them and start spending their money on frivolities like carrying girls up and down.

Only them want to boss women around and expect submission from women but the same women must be earning money to feed them an pay their bills, these same women must throw away their fathers name after marriage and start bearing the name of a man she is feeding and paying his bills.

Exactly what my sister is doing, some men self

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Dididrumz(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2020
udomma1005:

Are you okay like dis?
A man saves up funds to pay your parent & kindred, money as dowry, who basically have a poor/selfish mentality, even if they might be rich and you spew the thrash that "a woman's money isn't ought to be shared"?
If I wasn't married, I would have stalked you, married you, no matter what it takes or your folks high demands, then I would have gladly sacrificed you for money rituals to recoup my expenses!

Uncle You no get chill oooo

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Flows001(m): 10:11am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.
Go to the Western World and see how your fellow women hustle and earn almost equally with men. I swear I hate this entitlement mentality of Nigerian ladies. Thank God I was rescued from one desperate intending "housewife". No go find work, dey wait make man hustle pay the enormous bride price and still feed u till you die. undecided
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by emoney09: 10:11am On Nov 07, 2020
Kranediggy:
Bitter Truth: Main Reason Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays.

Its simply because, majority of ladies are broke & depend on their future spouse, to continue from where their parents stopped in breeding them. There's no way only the man's income will be enough to run the family. Women should be earning too, in marriages to balance the financial weight, you should be able to earn even before marriage...

I strongly believe that if women save up for marriage as men do, then couples can easily marry for love & all these few years contract-marriages will end. The most annoying part of this is that most ladies think men need just a housekeeper, cook or a nanny; but they really need a partner who should be a real woman; which is a true helper of her man, that's what woman means.

Common! the two people became one under marriage, there's nothing like the woman's money & there's also nothing like the man's; both are meant to share everything together. Many ladies love a man's material things not him nowadays, that's why marriages hardly start or last today...

Bro you read my mind. I’m rich but remains single and for now too many hungry ladies out their even the ones that are working have their eyes opened wide still want the man to spend endlessly on them .take your time before you take this decision you might end up regretting
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by PhillipPHD(m): 10:12am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.

So what should happen to the woman’s money?

Only a jerk will marry someone with this mentality. Don’t blame him when he turns you to a punching bag.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by SmartPolician: 10:16am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

I can't believe that people with your kinda mentality still exist

God!

You are a disaster waiting to happen!
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:16am On Nov 07, 2020
I need to see women cum in this thread. grin grin

guys on the beat.

make I just dey laugh grin grin

kikikikikikikikikiiiiiiiiii

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by victons(m): 10:18am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
Lol, such mentality.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Pelxmiye(m): 10:21am On Nov 07, 2020
specialmati:
Proverbs 31 Virtuous Woman: Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.until our society Begin to breed this kind of a virtuous women without entitled reasoning.we are in for a long thing.

I just opened that portion of the Bible, truly the Bible is complete, I just opened my Bible in a long time...women should should Proverbs 31 to the end... there's a whole lot for men and women to understand in there
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by lordally(m): 10:21am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.

My dear I understand that you might be upset about the OP write up...but to be frank any man who ask his wife to sit at home to become a full time house wife is not a real man...cos at the end of the day, it doesn't always end well....any man who does that should be ready to work his ass out this country isn't funny and one person shouldn't carry the whole burden...that's why men die quicker than their wives cos of lots of thinking and struggle .... although there a few exceptions to this. My dear it never ends well..it's either the man is a serial cheat etc.... And Suh meen treat the woman with so much disrespect and there nothing she can do about it!!! She would say she's just Managing to stay in the marriage because of the kids!!! That's a very big lie!!! The truth is islf she leaves who would take care of the kids their fees and her needs But if she has her own income omo if the man do nonsense madam will simply walk out and take care of her kids!!!! Please and please I beg you!!! Let no man marry you and keep you at home!!!! It never ends well

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Agbebakun22: 10:24am On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

There is no benefit to marrying them oo, only men benefit from marriage, the children a woman bears answer their fathers name and add to fathers lineage,
Even companionship you spoke of na scam because the idiots will still cheat on their wives or attempt to cheat on her.

The only thing they used to do before which is provide, they cannot do it again and these days many women are the ones carrying the family.

Very useless people.

If this kids are grown up who do you think they will definitely of is it not their momma... I don't even pray to even involved my wife when it comes to monetarily aspect in my home.. Just that the way the country is that's why things are going zigzag for me but all the best things will get back to place for everyone that knows his way's
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by 4ckyou: 10:25am On Nov 07, 2020
Mutemenot:
cheesy Marry an Igbo woman, you won't regret it... she's money oriented and would do all possible to fetch money for you.. Get her any biz from sratch, she ll grow it wella.

I agree with you on this
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by foolbuster: 10:26am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

My dear the thing tire me. Men of this generation sef. Imagine a full grown man coming out in public and asking a woman to take up a part of his natural responsibility. No shame. Tomorrow you'll expect that same woman to treat you as the head of the family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Agbebakun22: 10:27am On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Very useless people.

If this kids are grown up who do you think they will definitely of is it not their momma... I don't even pray to even involved my wife when it comes to monetarily aspect in my home.. Just that the way the country is that's why things are going zigzag for men but all the best things will get back to place for everyone that knows his way's.. All I need from my wife to take care of home and help her own career too not necessarily putting her on pressure concerning bills..
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by pocohantas(f): 10:28am On Nov 07, 2020
dominique:

Lol they've started wailing in my mentions

Don't mind them, they've putting pressure on the women to carry their responsibilities so they can squander their own money on girlfriends and frivolities. Some many homes nowadays are being financed by the wife, but they will come online and be shouting we're breadwinners blablabla

Almost everywhere I look I see different women hustling different businesses till late in the night, then I come online and see the men shouting we are breadwinners,women bring nothing to the table yen, yen then I wonder if I'm living in an alternate universe. That's why in times of death, divorce or separation, the woman can stay in her own raising her kids while the man remarries as soon as possible. Who needs who more now?

The other day I was at the market, I took a rough count and apart from meat sellers, most traders were women. Under hot sun, selling ugu and tomato. I don’t know any woman that will take such inconvenience if that money isn’t important to her. The girl I bought vegetables from nko? Beautiful girl with low cut. She asked if I wanted her to help me buy everything- I get that offer a lot. I allowed her buy the ones I wasn’t so sure of where to buy and how much to price them. I was na wondering, Nairaland guys wey dey whine from morning to night- them no see this one marry? No be hardworking girl be this?

Majority of the married women in my offices have taken loans for their housing projects. In fact, once you marry in my office, they start waiting for your loan application. It is a ritual... grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Omoobong1(m): 10:28am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
Please if you're not married yet, don't ever accept any offer to become a full housewife no matter how rich your man is.

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Benbelor(m): 10:30am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
shut up madam. Look at what you are wishing for, to be a full time housewife and be growing fat. The money is not the problem but nobody wants an obese wife.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by sammugbes(m): 10:30am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
you need help aunty, see your life, I pray u won't end up being a divorcée
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Omezif(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2020
I Totally disagree, i totally disagree, a lazy man would hear this and rejoice but a real and hardworking man like me would totally disagree.

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 07, 2020
Look at your useless mouth saying "full time house wife" aren't you ashamed of that tittle? So your very existence in life is to become a full time house wife. LAZY ASS

virginprincess:

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by SmartPolician: 10:33am On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:
Men these days are the ones who are liabilities in marriage, very lazy and entitled golddiggers.

You want a woman that will be breadwinner and share the bills but you cannot share cooking and cleaning house and taking care of children equally. No, you still expect women to be in charge of the household even while she is stressing herself to provide money.

Marrying men of these days has no benefit whatsoever, it's just losses after losses, fvcking liabilities.

Sweetheart, marriage is not by force

You can be a single mom by adopting a baby or engaging a jigolo
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by udomma1005(m): 10:34am On Nov 07, 2020
Dididrumz:

Uncle You no get chill oooo
Check am nah!
How can a human created by God, with the ability to reason, say vehemently that, "a woman's money is not to be shared" in marriage?
After the hassles of dowry, marriage planning, successful execution of the TM/Wedding, befitting accommodation for honeymoon and you tell me her money can't be shared?
I take charge of the bills in my home but wifee knows what she can readily sort out without stress,considering the state of our "Great" nation.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by CapitalBank: 10:34am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
How to spot leeches who are so useless that they can't afford the basic things they wish for.

Only a stupid man will make his wife full time housewife in the current states of the world. Even women in developed worlds are working.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2020
udomma1005:

Are you okay like dis?
Abeg leave that one jare. She thinks d world is some fantasy island. E go soon clear 4 her eye.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2020
THUNDER4real:
Go and read the whole chapter in Timothy, that chapter is referring to widows and it's referring to both gender. stop spewing gibberish

Mr interpreter, I refer you back to the verse, and take cognisance of pronoun used.........HE.......I will also refer you back to ur primary school, study more about pronouns and how to use them

Let come back to bible & culture, ...I beliv in ur family ,its woman that use to 'own' family.

Go and get work and start taking care of family sir.

See I know some guys who their ages range from 36......50 and yet no plan for marriage, the only obstacle is income, many of those guys were biggest boys in town in *yesteryears, fast forward to future, they find it difficult to get directions in life.

If you don't want ur own to be 'directionless too, its not too late.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Top 10 Signs A Nigerian Man Wants To Marry You / Silverline Okoro, Nigerian Lesbian And Her Girlfriend Kiss On Instagram / Ghanaian Man Accosts A Nigerian Lady For Dressing "Indecently" (pic/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.