Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner (2696 Views)

Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / Dele Momodu And Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi Eat Together (photo) / Buhari's Certificate With The Nigerian Army - Senator Afikuyomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by Piddo(m): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2007
Some people simply dont have that thing called pride. If the news making the rounds are anything to go by, then "Senator" Afikuyomi is set to become a commissioner in Lagos state. It is obvious he is used to living off government and doesnt care at what level he gets to do this. He wont at least have to pay rent, maintain cars, staff, etc for another 4 years, and oh by the way, the chance to milk Nigeria (Lagos State) further. It is such a shame and one wonders where the lines will be drawn. Has anyone taken a look at Fashola's list of commissioners? Every "big" family in Lagos state has a commissioner on that list. God help us.
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by initiator(m): 9:36am On Jun 27, 2007
Dont blame em. The dude has no other job! Politics is his 9-5!!! Show the bloated brother some compassion.
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by angel101(f): 11:03am On Jun 27, 2007
LOL!!! nairalanders go kill person with laughter o! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by globalaid(m): 11:34am On Jun 27, 2007
shameless people, that is why the country is not growing, someone has said it is turn by turn limited, chop make i chop. God will save my motherland one day.
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by denex: 1:02pm On Jun 27, 2007
Nigga, ask about him.
He's a hustler.
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by angel101(f): 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2007
wasnt he contesting for governorship? all these clowns without direction!
anywhere belle face grin
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by DisGuy: 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2007
kai lagos don suffer cry
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by denex: 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2007
Maybe Tinubu too can apply for a job in LTV.
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by moneytalk(m): 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2007
@ ALL,

AFIKUYOMI OR AFIKUGETMONI@ ALLCOST shocked

I think na because he can not think,na only to shop our money he sabi all this shameless politician can not survived without milking our treasury,na only GOD fit save Lagos if the news na 2rue. grin grin grin
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by tunrexdj(m): 8:05am On Jun 28, 2007
hey nairalanders,put a sulk in the mouth and give afikuyomi a breathing space.were you guys not aware that big bros na exconvict?no be me talk am o, na keyamo talk am oo.
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2007
afikuyomi is just a shameless politician,imagine a governorship asspirant under the ANPP and a former senator of the federal republic settling,for a commisioner under fashola, its really a shame.

i dont blame him though,he has no other job ,and he has to feed his family grin grin grin
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by Hugoboi(m): 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2007
Politics in Nigeria is an avenue for stackin dem mils.Afikuyomi's case wil not be different.He's there to get his paper and howeva he chooses to do strictly remains his biz!!
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by Ruddyface(f): 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2008
Afiku-Desperado-mi.
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2008
As much as i don't fancy his style of politics, I, at the same time do not see anything wrong in accepting the job if his intention is to contribute his own quota to development of Lagos.
After all, you guys will be the first to blab about Nigerians not contributing in their own little way.

Nigerians;Hypocrites angry
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by dudubobo1: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2008
@ nuzo
Do you know anything that Toksy contributed in his time at the Senate except to become a multi-millionaire? Do you also know anything that he has done since becoming commissioner except to help with the purchase of the hotel (which I am sure will be dysfunstional)?
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by MrCrackles(m): 11:21am On Aug 26, 2008
has he now descended to a new low?! embarassed
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by noetic(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2008
nuzo, c ur mouth. . . . . . . .
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by Sagamite(m): 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2008
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

What a shameless slowpoke!!!

When he was so called senator, all I used to see of him was repeated appearances on Ovation magazines surrounded by young girls.

Leaving senator to be a commissioner, that is the type of people Nigerians are voting for to be in the senate and wonder why they are being plundered.

For those with the lame excuse that he has to feed his family, if he is not capable of finding a top job in private sector/academia or running his own business after being a senator then he is not material for any top public sector job.
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by Jairzinho(m): 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2008
My only problem with the guy's that his neck is just too large ! shocked shocked shocked

Could never seem to be able to put on a tie properly !
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by obiem(m): 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2008
He's the typical Nigerian politician! He even was in the front for a gubernatorial shot in Lagos state for one party, which later went under to support Fashola. Of course, the reward is obvious. Desperadooooooooooo,
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2008
dudu-bobo:

@ nuzo
Do you know anything that Toksy contributed in his time at the Senate except to become a multi-millionaire? Do you also know anything that he has done since becoming commissioner except to help with the purchase of the hotel (which I am sure will be dysfunstional)?

If you had read my previous post on this topic, you will find out that i also do not have regards for him regarding his non-perfomance in the senate and his role in Lagos guber election 2007.

However, he might have turned a new leave and may perform wonders as a commissioner. But most importantly, he was appointed into the office and not elected. So, if you guys have a problem with that, it should be on Fashola and not on the so called shameless Owanbe (party) animal.
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by KnowAll(m): 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2008
Afikuyomi's own is even good I think I read somewhere a one time senator in benue state is now a councillor in a local goverment in the state he is not even the local goverment chairman. How about that ?
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 28, 2008
Note to some posters:

I called him shameless not because he chose to accept the post of a commissioner (after all, he might be trying to redeem himself), but because of his lifestyle and non-performance as a politician.
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by otokx(m): 10:24am On Aug 29, 2008
na so we country be
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by dudubobo1: 11:51am On Aug 29, 2008
I am angry that he became a multi-millionaire at the expence of Nigeria without contributing anything noteworthy to the nation
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by DisGuy: 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2010
where is he now?
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by oderemo(m): 12:08pm On Mar 16, 2010
afi kin get moni. ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2010
lol @ akifu get money

so the idiot wan become commissioner grin grin grin

when he finishes his tenure as a commissioner, he'll become a council chairman

olodo rabata
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by ReachRich(m): 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2010
This is one of the problems we have in 9ja.Our old politicians will not give way for the youger and more vibrant incoming politicians.Imagine a situation where IBB of 73yrs old wants to contest for president after ruling for 8yrs as a miilitary Head of State.What does he want to do that he didnt do b4?
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by DisGuy: 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2010
ReachRich:

This is one of the problems we have in 9ja.Our old politicians will not give way for the youger and more vibrant incoming politicians.Imagine a situation where IBB of 73yrs old wants to contest for president after ruling for 8yrs as a miilitary Head of State.What does he want to do that he didnt do b4?

Sometimes you dont wait for people to give you a chance You take it!!

If the young 'vibrant politicians' cant shake off an oldie maybe they are not as vibrant as you think!
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by violent(m): 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2010
Who knows, OBJ might just contest in the next Ogun state gubernatorial elections
Re: Afikuyomi: From Senate To State Commissioner by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 16, 2010
violent:

Who knows, OBJ might just contest in the next Ogun state gubernatorial elections
lol; more like Tinubu becoming a Deputy Guvnor grin

(1) (Reply)

Vice President's Father Dies In Aso Rock / Movement For The Recolonisation Of Africa / New Police Uniform Not For All - Onovo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.