Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,232 members, 7,807,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Sahara Gaap Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sahara Gaap Interview (8462 Views)

Graduate Accounting And Audit Program (GAAP) In Sahara Group / Sahara Group Vacancies / Jobs In Sahara Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahara Gaap Interview by usheray: 8:54am On Mar 15, 2011
Hi guys, i got the mail pasted below from Sahara yesterday and i am not too sure about the authenticity of the mail.
I just want to know if anybody else got this and what you guys think of d mail.

Dear Candidate,

Re: Graduate Accounting and Auditing Program

Thank you for applying for above mentioned position.

After careful consideration of your application and profile, we are pleased to inform you that you have been shortlisted to interview for this programme.

All details concerning your interview will be put up on the ASHARAMI GAAP Facebook page, for which you will receive an email notification soonest.

*if your email address is not linked to you Facebook book page, kindly send your Facebook name or the associated email address ASAP.

Please ensure you log on regularly as this will be the only means of communication.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to call this number 0806 932 7705 and 0703 000 2530 prior to the interview. This number will be available from 8.00am to 5.00pm on Monday to Friday.

Sahara Group Human Resources

NB Anybody working with sahara can pls throw moe light on this
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by d7thcaller: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2011
@ Usheray,

They will send you a link on Facebook to join a particular group, kindly accept the request so that you can fully take part in the recruitment exercise.
I don't have much energy now on a later date I will update you on how the interview will be. Trust me its kinda weird, just join the group first.
Bets of luck
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by usheray: 9:38am On Mar 16, 2011
Thanks d7thcaller i would appreciate if you can take your time to explain to me soonest because i just got another mail saying they are having difficulties requesting for candidates friendship on facebook and that i should add them instead.
I searched for the name on facebook and i got no results found.

i would appreciate if you can assist
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by Cimionie: 4:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
hi usheray,

i think we both had similar experience. however, when i entered ASHARAMI GAAP on the search tab of my facebook page this morning it brought it for me to send a friend request which they accepted. U might try it out again to confirm. Meantime pls fill me in on what the interview is all about when d7thcaller eventually gets across, all d best
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by d7thcaller: 5:20pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ usheray,

Do as Cimionie told you, I will update you guys tomorrow morning with respect to the interview scope.
Best of lucks
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by d7thcaller: 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2011
@ All,

The Sahara interview process is most likely to follow this format
1. You will be requested to join a group on facebook which by now I think you guys have done that.
2. Your group on facebook will be sent the date, time, venue and dress code for the ist stage interview; venue is mostly likely going to be in their club at VI, Lagos and the dress code is likely to be a jeans with a T-shirt (different colour for each facebook group) anyways just kit up on a neat dress.
3. The interview proper goes like this;
i. You guys will be given a small folded piece of paper with different questions and asked not to open it. If it’s your turn to face the interviewers (btw 5-7) you will be asked to open the paper, read out the content and answer the question. This marks the beginning of your success. If you answer the question smartly even if it’s not correct you have greater chances to move to the next stage.
ii. Assuming you answer the ist question correctly you will now be asked the general interview question, mostly a. what u know about Sahara? , Why you think you are the most qualified / why should we offer you the job and not other waiting outside? and other questions from your resume.
iii. Generally it takes b/w 10 -20 mins depending on your performance.
iv. If you scale through you will be notified within 3 days via Facebook and you will be invited to another group on Facebook and will now enter another stage. In all you will have about 4 stages.
v. Explain of such question is
a. You are in a room and a lady is dying yet you cannot do anything. Explain what you understand or what is going on.
b. You entered a room with three switches and the light went on. Which of the switches on the light?
I will stop here for the first stage, if you get to the next stage then I will update u guys accordingly.

Note: Be yourself, be confident, the interviewers are young people properly your age mates (b/t 25 -32)

Wishing you the best of luck

1 Like

Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by Cimionie: 2:29pm On Mar 17, 2011
, many thanx d7thcaller. would hav bin caught unawares with those kind of brainteasers, praying 2 get back to u, all d best
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by teslimanif(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
thank you d7thcaller. nice tips!!! hope to get back to you.

Cheers,
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by d7thcaller: 7:46am On Mar 18, 2011
@ Cimionie and Teslimanif,
its my pleasure to be of help.

In the meantime u guys should try answering the question I asked below, I will say the answer if you don't get it right, perhaps you could be asked the same question on ur interview day.

1. You are in a room and a lady is dying yet you cannot do anything. Explain what you understand or what is going on.

Best of luck
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by ozoor1: 9:53am On Mar 18, 2011
@ d7thcallers i understand that i am locked up with a dying woman in a room and i am helpless.No one is around to help me with the situation.

Hope i got it right o,if not please answer

Thanks
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by d7thcaller: 10:26am On Mar 18, 2011
@ Ozoor1,

You are wrong,why can you help?

Gluck
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by d7thcaller: 10:29am On Mar 18, 2011
Sorry, why cant' you help?
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by Cimionie: 10:44am On Mar 18, 2011
d7thcaller,

well i suppose there is no problem on the face of this earth that does not have a solution to it. Even though not a permanent solution but atleast a temporal solution. i mean, i should be able to do something meaningful that could increase her life span even if its going to be for an additional minute. we are talking about life & death here, it could be me dying, hw far? does it make sense, pls advise
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by d7thcaller: 11:24am On Mar 18, 2011
@ Cimionie,

Sorry you got it wrong.
Clue: Read between the lines and try to emphasize why you cannot help;

You are in a room and a lady is dying yet you cannot do anything. Explain what you understand or what is going on.

Best of luck!
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by ozoor1: 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2011
@d7thcaller Please can you answer, please.i was trying to emphasize on the room been locked as no help from outside
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by bmws647: 12:33pm On Mar 18, 2011
@d7thcaller pls do give us the answer
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by iyewuna(f): 12:45pm On Mar 18, 2011
@d7thcaller, hi. do u presently work in sahara or u got tips from some one who does. 2ndly, are you allowed to give multiple possible reasons?
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by NeboDebo: 1:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
@d7thcaller,

Please just a tot. Could it be that the lady is dying of hunger and there is no food in the room and so that is why i can't help?
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by bumba1234: 5:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
you are the dying person now, thats the answer
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by d7thcaller: 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
@ Iyewuna, I don't work in Sahara, trust me I know what I am saying. You cant give multiple answers. Tomorrowm I will tell you why.
@ NeboDebo your answer is wrong.
@bumber1234 your answer is wrong

@ all I will give out a recharge card of N500 to whoever gets the answer correct, If by 12noon 2mrw nobody does I will then answer it.
Guys you need to think outside the border, You are in a room and a lady is dying yet you cannot do anything.

Remember confidence is the KEY here, the interviewers are very young people so you have nothing to fear.
Best of luck
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by bumba1234: 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2011
the lady is not in the room joooorr, means she is out side and u are watching her die, lol
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by bumba1234: 6:13pm On Mar 18, 2011
thats the ans se?
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by bmws647: 6:46pm On Mar 18, 2011
It means she 's in a place other than a room i'm in.Evidently she's nt in a room
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by demo123: 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2011
it simply means that i am sleeping thats y i cany help the dying woman
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by reddrose: 12:03am On Mar 19, 2011
my philosophy of life is dere is nothing imposibble, therefore,am in a helpless situation and the reason i cant help the dying woman is either cos i have either been tied down or i am also dying,
please answer d other question too, cheers
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by NeboDebo: 12:26am On Mar 19, 2011
There are 2 reasons why i cannot help the dying lady. .1. The lady is not in the same room with me and 2. In the room where i am, my hands and legs have been tied and my mouth taped so i can't shout.
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by flyers42: 1:23am On Mar 19, 2011
@d7thcaller - pls may i know the location of Sahara group's club in VI ? Thanks.
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by ozoor1: 8:13am On Mar 19, 2011
I am in a room,and a woman is dying. i cant help because she is not in the same room where i am.she may be outside the room where i am
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by jideocean: 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2011
I am watching the dying lady from the television which i can only see but can not help, that's the answer, so send M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣ my card now
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by bayol2001: 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2011
hmmm
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by jideocean: 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2011
@d7thcaller,so tell M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣ the answer if am wrong ok, or send my recharge card, now boss
Re: Sahara Gaap Interview by teslimanif(m): 7:59pm On Mar 19, 2011
@d7thcaller

The answer is that i am incapacitated. If one is incapacitated he does not have the capability to do anything.

I guess i am right d7thcaller.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOL Interview And Test Invitation / Nestlé Nigeria Technical Training Programme 2017 For Technicians / Please Who Can Explain This My Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.