Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

***Being Real In Relationships*** - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ***Being Real In Relationships*** (2208 Views)

Tips To Know A Lady Is Being Real ? / I Must Get Hooked For Real In 2016 / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by Beync(f): 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
@op, true, looks hav always been important and will always be. unfortunately, people take this idea and become obsessed with it. some men wud say i'l rather be with someone dat is cute than never and that is why their image of body become more important than their own true desires. sure when they meet the real person, they wud admit you are nice and sweet but they would rather be with the fake girl cos they are afraid of what family and friends wuld say.
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 7:15am On Mar 18, 2011
Beync:

@op, true, looks hav always been important and will always be. unfortunately, people take this idea and become obsessed with it. some men wud say i'l rather be with someone dat is cute than never and that is why their image of body become more important than their own true desires. sure when they meet the real person, they wud admit you are nice and sweet but they would rather be with the fake girl cos they are afraid of what family and friends wuld say.

I get you. . . . . . .LOL@ the last part of your post, the bolded part makes it seem like "authentic" girls have given up on life and themselves and don't really care about their look. I guess what I was referring to in the original post is the barbie look on black women as opposed to the more clean and natural look with just enough make up to enhance what one already has without having to go plastic with long weaves (chemically processed hair is still a natural look to me), claws for nails, fake eye lashes and the likes. . . . . . . . . .that is what seems to be in these days but I guess that is the younger women who look up to Ciara and Beyonce's lace fronts that reach the bum and can be flicked off the face. . . . . . . . BTW, I am not old, just grounded wink wink
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by InkedNerd(f): 7:32am On Mar 18, 2011
SA Goddess:

I get you. . . . . . .LOL@ the last part of your post, the bolded part makes it seem like "authentic" girls have given up on life and themselves and don't really care about their look. I guess what I was referring to in the original post is the barbie look on black women as opposed to the more clean and natural look with just enough make up to enhance what one already has without having to go plastic with long weaves (chemically processed hair is still a natural look to me), claws for nails, fake eye lashes and the likes. . . . . . . . . .that is what seems to be in these days but I guess that is the younger women who look up to Ciara and Beyonce's lace fronts that reach the bum and can be flicked off the face. . . . . . . . BTW, I am not old, just grounded wink wink

loooooooooooooool grin

Its funny that you mention girls wanting to emulate the Beyoncé and Ciara looks, my mom was having a conversation with a co-worker and mentioned that she's never had a weave, acrylic nails, or fake eyelashes and this was the co-workers reaction >>> shocked shocked shocked

lol, when I see fake eyelashes its makes me laugh because its basically weave on your eyes grin
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 7:58am On Mar 18, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

loooooooooooooool grin

Its funny that you mention girls wanting to emulate the Beyoncé and Ciara looks, my mom was having a conversation with a co-worker and mentioned that she's never had a weave, acrylic nails, or fake eyelashes and this was the co-workers reaction >>> shocked shocked shocked

lol, when I see fake eyelashes its makes me laugh because its basically weave on your eyes grin

grin grin grin @ weave on eyelashes, never thought of it like that grin grin grin the lengths people will go to for beauty!!!
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by Beync(f): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2011
SA Goddess:

Because media puts out that that what beautiful is when there are many different sizes and qaulities of beautiful.so guys want to date the girls that look like girls on TV.
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by InkedNerd(f): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2011
SA Goddess:

grin  grin  grin @ weave on eyelashes, never thought of it like that  grin  grin  grin the lengths people will go to for beauty!!!

Yupp, its astonishing grin
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 8:37am On Mar 18, 2011
Beync:

Because media puts out that that what beautiful is when there are many different sizes and qaulities of beautiful.so guys want to date the girls that look like girls on TV.

True hey. . . . . . real women should stay true to themselves through it all, I just can't imagine one being someone that they are not. . . . .

Inked_Nerd:

Yupp, its astonishing grin

It's madness. . . . .

Keep it real cool cool cool cool
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by ebila(m): 9:15am On Mar 18, 2011
@Topic,
Anyone who'd rather have you be fake isn't worth having you at all,and for those who fake to keep someone,they are blantantly abusing themselves.No matter how effed up,stand up,stupid,senseless,blunt,stubborn,confident,annoying,talkative,playful,childish,quite,loud etc you are,there's someone who'd love and appreciate you that way and all you need do is locate such one.However,it doesn't mean cos you are yourself you shouldn't try to adjust your 'bad' self to unveil a better you.
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by SAGoddess: 9:20am On Mar 18, 2011
ebila:

@Topic,
Anyone who'd rather have you be fake isn't worth having you at all,and for those who fake to keep someone,they are blantantly abusing themselves.No matter how effed up,stand up,silly,senseless,blunt,stubborn,confident,annoying,talkative,playful,childish,quite,loud etc you are,there's someone who'd love and appreciate you that way and all you need do is locate such one.However,it doesn't mean cos you are yourself you shouldn't try to adjust your 'bad' self to unveil a better you.

I totally agree with you, there is always room for improvement, be it looking better, changing bad habits and so forth, I like how you worded the line in italics!!!
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by Youngpo413: 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ranoscky:
Exactly the same thing that bothers me with 'some' ladies, and I keep wondering and asking myself why some girls do keep a blind eye and walk pass the real men that wil give them comfort and a happy marraige, but keep this time, they keep their eyes wide open like Owl and with the instint of of a desert Eagle when walking and they keep stucking on players, wife beaters, cheaters, rude dudes etc [ how are we to be sure that the complainers are not 'fake' themselves, and pls, how do we recognise 'fake' girls when we see them on the street, thanx] ?
God bless you!
Re: ***Being Real In Relationships*** by Youngpo413: 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
iv4real:
These days its either u be urself and be single or be fake and get hitched. Men like women that pretend. Dat is y d girls will pretend den show dia true colours wen dey marry them.
personally I go pursue her comot for my house,I hate fake people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would U Stay? ? ? / Things You Must Never Do To Or With An Ex Lover.... / Girl And Guy Phoneversation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.