Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,597,909 members, 6,028,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 December 2020 at 10:51 PM

Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship (3765 Views)

Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) / My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! / Help!! Travel To Estonia Or Lithuania For Masters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by DigitalSynergy: 5:55pm On Nov 07
Based on the topic of this thread, I will be doing two things.

1. How to apply for admission for Masters study in Sweden

2. How to apply for 100% free scholarship to study in Sweden for Masters. The scholarship includes full tuition payment, monthly allowance (10,000SEK), travel allowance (15,000SEK), health insurance

1. Applying for admission to Swedish University for Masters?

Step 1 Research the university(ies) you are interested in. Maximum of 4 universities. You can visit studyinsweden.se to research.

Step 2 Visit universityadmission.se to register and create your profile.

Step 3 Begin your applications from continuation of step 2.
Note: you will need to have your academic documents (degree cert & transcript) & int'l passport ready. In some cases, you may need to have a motivation letter on hand, ie if the school requires it.
And you can apply to all 4 universities on the website in step 2.

Step 4 After correctly completing the application, you will be required to pay a one time application fee of 900SEK.

If all four steps are followed and done correctly and on time, then you have successfully applied for admission into Swedish University for Masters.
All you can do now is to wait and hope to receive notice of admission.

In my subsequent posts, I will explain how you can apply for Swedish Scholarship from Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professional (SISGP)

If you got questions feel free to ask now.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Ibrixy: 6:23pm On Nov 07
Following, Keenly.
Thanks for sharing, awaiting your updates especially on how to win a scholarship.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Kinkykinky: 7:47pm On Nov 07
Interesting....
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by DigitalSynergy: 2:02pm On Nov 08
The Swedish University admission application portal is now open. So you can begin putting in your applications. universityadmission.se
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by skylane(m): 5:09pm On Nov 10
My guys make una come make we rub mindNiklauseFred
subomi007
danny6552
skylane
lamboladee
Richdee1
SaintHillary
vhuqnl
Joohan
IchBinBrait
Savagethe21st
olioxx
Canih28
Hadampson
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Joohan: 7:22pm On Nov 10
skylane:
subomi007
danny6552
skylane
lamboladee
Richdee1
SaintHillary
vhuqnl
Joohan
IchBinBrait
Savagethe21st
olioxx
Canih28
Hadampson

Thanks for the mention boss
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Canih28: 9:29pm On Nov 10
skylane:
subomi007
danny6552
skylane
lamboladee
Richdee1
SaintHillary
vhuqnl
Joohan
IchBinBrait
Savagethe21st
olioxx
Canih28
Hadampson
thanks for the mention skylane
following...
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Savagethe21st(m): 10:08pm On Nov 10
skylane:
subomi007
danny6552
skylane
lamboladee
Richdee1
SaintHillary
vhuqnl
Joohan
IchBinBrait
Savagethe21st
olioxx
Canih28
Hadampson
skylane my gee...thanks
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Danny6552: 10:52pm On Nov 10
skylane:
subomi007
danny6552
skylane
lamboladee
Richdee1
SaintHillary
vhuqnl
Joohan
IchBinBrait
Savagethe21st
olioxx
Canih28
Hadampson
thanks bruh

1 Like

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Justsoret: 11:08pm On Nov 10
How do we go about the scholarship pls
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 12:24am On Nov 11
DigitalSynergy:

2. How to apply for 100% free scholarship to study in Sweden for Masters. The scholarship includes full tuition payment, monthly allowance (10,000SEK), travel allowance (15,000SEK), health insurance

Step 1 Research the university(ies) you are interested in. Maximum of 4 universities. You can visit studyinsweden.se to research.

Note: you will need to have your academic documents (degree cert & transcript) & int'l passport ready. In some cases, you may need to have a motivation letter on hand, ie if the school requires it.

Step 4 After correctly completing the application, you will be required to pay a one time application fee of 900SEK.

If all four steps are followed and done correctly and on time, then you have successfully applied for admission into Swedish University for Masters.

In my subsequent posts, I will explain how you can apply for Swedish Scholarship from Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professional (SISGP)

1 Like

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by DigitalSynergy: 6:18am On Nov 11
Justsoret:
How do we go about the scholarship pls
I will update with steps on how to apply for the scholarship, just be on the lookout
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by olioxx(m): 5:24pm On Nov 11
DigitalSynergy:

Pls people dont just ask questions oooo, but please ask reasonable questions.

Lets enjoy this thread.
To my honorable comrades, thanks for the mention.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Skykid1208(m): 5:41pm On Nov 11
DigitalSynergy:

Following bumper to fender cheesy
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by DigitalSynergy: 9:07am On Nov 12

2 Likes

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by DigitalSynergy: 1:36pm On Nov 12
Applying for scholarship for masters program in Sweden (SISGP)

The Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professional (SISGP) is an international scholarship program organised and awarded by the Swedish government.

The scholarship is targeted at professionals with requisite working and leadership experience in their various fields of endeavour.

Successful applicants are given a 100% free scholarship to study in Sweden for a masters degree program. The scholarship covers full tuition, monthly allowance, travel grant, as well as health insurance.

However, the idea behind the scholarship is to foster and advance the actualisation of the United Nations Sustainable Development goals (SDG 2030).
In view of this, certain fields of study and academic programs have been given top priority to receive funding for their undertaking since they will be geared towards contributing to the achievement of the SDG.

Kindly visit the following pages:

Overview of the scholarship:
https://si.se/utlysningar/stipendier/sisgp-masterstudier-i-sverige/

Eligibility criteria and application process:
[ul]https://si.se/en/apply/scholarships/swedish-institute-scholarships-for-global-professionals/[/ul]

Kindly go through the information provided on these pages. And if you got questions leave them here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Mickeydray(m): 3:49pm On Nov 12
Please after the scholarship, are you expected to return to your country immediately or you will be given a stipulated time to get a job

1 Like

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Hadampson(m): 4:05pm On Nov 12
skylane:
subomi007
danny6552
skylane
lamboladee
Richdee1
SaintHillary
vhuqnl
Joohan
IchBinBrait
Savagethe21st
olioxx
Canih28
Hadampson

Thanks for the mention bro
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Hadampson(m): 4:14pm On Nov 12
Mickeydray:
Please after the scholarship, are you expected to return to your country immediately or you will be given a stipulated time to get a job

You are given 6 months to a year for job search. If you are unable to see a job, you can apply for PhD and get a permanent residence permit after your studies.

PhD studies in Sweden are like normal jobs and no tuition fees are required. PhD positions are usually advertised in the vacancy sections on university websites and PhD students are paid monthly salaries like normal workers, they're treated as university employees.

Once you get admitted for PhD studies, you apply for a PhD study permit which allows you to live and study for PhD in Sweden which usually lasts for at least 4 years.

Getting a permanent residence permit after your PhD studies only requires that you have been living continuously in Sweden for at least 4 years, and since PhD studies usually last for 4 years, you can get a permanent residence permit. With a permanent residence permit in Sweden, you're just one year away from qualifying to apply for Swedish citizenship.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Kelvinhunta: 4:28pm On Nov 12
Please how do I apply for PhD in Sweden. Am interested
Hadampson:

You are given 6 months to a year for job search. If you are unable to see a job, you can apply for PhD and get a permanent residence permit after your studies.

PhD studies in Sweden are like normal jobs and no tuition fees are required. PhD positions are usually advertised in the vacancy sections on university websites and PhD students are paid monthly salaries like normal workers, they're treated as university employees.

Once you get admitted for PhD studies, you apply for a PhD study permit which allows you to live and study for PhD in Sweden which usually lasts for at least 4 years.

Getting a permanent residence permit after your PhD studies only requires that you have been living continuously in Sweden for at least 4 years, and since PhD studies usually last for 4 years, you can get a permanent residence permit. With a permanent residence permit in Sweden, you're just one year away from qualifying to apply for Swedish citizenship.

1 Like

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Hadampson(m): 4:52pm On Nov 12
Kelvinhunta:
Please how do I apply for PhD in Sweden. Am interested

For basic knowledge on how to apply, visit their official website

Also, i would advise you apply to some USA institutions cos i learnt that PhD students in the USA with few exceptions receive tuition fellowship and living stipend. In the USA, it is like a form of apprenticeship or employment cos PhD usually have to serve as a teaching assistant or research assistant
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Kelvinhunta: 7:44pm On Nov 12
Thanks a bunch
Hadampson:

For basic knowledge on how to apply, visit their official website

Also, i would advise you apply to some USA institutions cos i learnt that PhD students in the USA with few exceptions receive tuition fellowship and living stipend. In the USA, it is like a form of apprenticeship or employment cos PhD usually have to serve as a teaching assistant or research assistant
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Soujourn: 7:57pm On Nov 12
What about undergraduate studies and requirements
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Hoverboy27: 8:23pm On Nov 12
Points to correct.

You are now given 12 MONTHS post study duration not 6 months.

Secondly, getting a PHD position is equal to get a job in Sweden: it is not as easy as you have said. Sweden is not U.K. where you just apply for phd and move. You have to stand out and be well qualified for Phd position in Sweden. This includes having published research works etc.
Infact it is EASIER to get a normal job than PHD position in Sweden. So please when you’re advising, be realistic and say it how it is.
One naive person will read your post and conclude that he can easily get PhD after studying to stay back. Then PR/citizenship. That road is not as easy as you have made it seem
Hadampson:

2 Likes

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by NDSMELODY(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12
DigitalSynergy:

how much is the 900SEK application fee in naira?........pls
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Hadampson(m): 7:29am On Nov 13
Hoverboy27:
Points to correct.

You are now given 12 MONTHS post study duration not 6 months.

Secondly, getting a PHD position is equal to get a job in Sweden: it is not as easy as you have said. Sweden is not U.K. where you just apply for phd and move. You have to stand out and be well qualified for Phd position in Sweden. This includes having published research works etc.
Infact it is EASIER to get a normal job than PHD position in Sweden. So please when you’re advising, be realistic and say it how it is.
One naive person will read your post and conclude that he can easily get PhD after studying to stay back. Then PR/citizenship. That road is not as easy as you have made it seem

I'm not saying that it's easy. Nothing good comes easy but it's always good to try.

I also gave him an alternative in case Sweden don't work out.

Prost.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by water4: 10:19am On Nov 13
Submitting your university documents
Your official transcript must be sent directly from your university to verifications@uhr.se.

I found the above in swedish university admissions website when I clicked on Nigeria. What's your comment on this sirs?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? / American Visa Lottery - Expiry Date / World's 10 Scariest Bridges

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.