Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,621,910 members, 6,110,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 21 January 2021 at 11:57 AM

Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship (11350 Views)

Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) / My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! / Help!! Travel To Estonia Or Lithuania For Masters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Dayzzy(m): 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
RioCarputo:
I wonder the manner at people troops to study abroad..... only certificates from the Ivy schools are recognized by employers in Nigeria and UK and USA....... if I can not do my postgraduate studies in Harvard, MIT, Salford London business school and any other school that's not on the top 30 in the world then I will enroll into Nigeria best postgraduate school ,2nd best in Africa and world top 40, Lagos Business School and spend 4m there rather to travel abroad for all this small small schools wey no get any prospect with over 20m as fees. funny enough LBS is way better than all these schools wey them dey go o.

most of them go come back and do see a job of 80 and start crying.......

bottom line, use your common sense.
Common sense would tell one to leave others to row their life boat as they deem fit. Different people with different purposes, yours certainly won't align with others.
It's quite funny you think only ivy league certificates are recognised in Nigeria, you are clearly misinformed. Also, you expect people looking forward to professional studies to go ahead and enroll in a management school such as LBS? How does it fit? ...and because they can't afford ivy league schools, they should sit back and do nothing?
it's really not nice to belittle people's effort. Everyone here is hoping to make use of the scholarship opportunity provided by the government, it's not like we truly need 20m to attend these schools. And for some, this opportunity of studying in Sweden serves as a stepping stone.

A good number of Swedish universities you just belittled are featured in 1-200 best in the world..that's commendable!

Your post doesn't even suggest you were giving an advice... sounds more like influencing others to follow your messed up school of thought.

I just felt the need to address this. Peace

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by femora007(m): 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
DigitalSynergy:

Your school is the one to send it with their official email.
My questions;

1. Can I submit my Bachelor's degree notification of result in place of the certificate because the certificate is not yet available?

2. Is the deadline for application fee payment diff from that of documents upload? Because i saw Jan 15 somewhere as the deadline and i am seeing Feb 1 here for doc upload.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by RioCarputo(m): 12:18am On Dec 12, 2020
Dayzzy:

Common sense would tell one to leave others to row their life boat as they deem fit. Different people with different purposes, yours certainly won't align with others.
It's quite funny you think only ivy league certificates are recognised in Nigeria, you are clearly misinformed. Also, you expect people looking forward to professional studies to go ahead and enroll in a management school such as LBS? How does it fit? ...and because they can't afford ivy league schools, they should sit back and do nothing?
it's really not nice to belittle people's effort. Everyone here is hoping to make use of the scholarship opportunity provided by the government, it's not like we truly need 20m to attend these schools. And for some, this opportunity of studying in Sweden serves as a stepping stone.

A good number of Swedish universities you just belittled are featured in 1-200 best in the world..that's commendable!

Your post doesn't even suggest you were giving an advice... sounds more like influencing others to follow your messed up school of thought.

I just felt the need to address this. Peace
I'm only stressing the fact they should look before they leap....if it is based on scholarship then it's very good.....
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Dayzzy(m): 1:50am On Dec 12, 2020
RioCarputo:

I'm only stressing the fact they should look before they leap....if it is based on scholarship then it's very good.....
You actually have a valid point... just didn't come out right at first.
We hope you get on board sire smiley
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by DigitalSynergy: 8:07am On Dec 12, 2020
femora007:

My questions;

1. Can I submit my Bachelor's degree notification of result in place of the certificate because the certificate is not yet available?

2. Is the deadline for application fee payment diff from that of documents upload? Because i saw Jan 15 somewhere as the deadline and i am seeing Feb 1 here for doc upload.

1. It has to be your degree cert. However you can upload your statement of result provided it was officially issued (i.e, contains official stamp and signature) by officers in your school's exams and records or registrar's office. BUT YOU MUST ENDEAVOUR TO RESUBMIT THE DEGREE CERTIFICATE WHEN YOU COLLECT. Make sure all this happens before the deadline for applications.

2. On deadlines, you have till Jan 15 to have selected and ranked your courses and uploaded your documents. While you have till Feb 1 to have paid your application fee.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by MERCHANDISER: 8:52am On Dec 12, 2020
Who has applied for the scholarship program?
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by gloyal: 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2020
DigitalSynergy:

I applied to 2 schools but 4 different courses.

Linnaeus University (3 courses)
Halmstad University (1 course)

I sent the following through uploads

1. BSc cert
2. Motivation letter
3. Personal details page on international passport
4. Transcript (sent via email by my school)
5. Fee was paid using my UBAAfricard Visa prepaid card.
The fee covers your application for maximum of 4 schools or 4 courses whichever be the case.

How did y'all get your school to forward your transcript?
My school was usually very slow and dead and with whole ongoing strike, I'm giving up on trying to get anything from there because ordinary final year result and NYSC mobilization took nearly 2 years (without strike).
Worst thing is that I'm cities away and I don't know where to start from or what it entails.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by femora007(m): 7:04pm On Dec 12, 2020
DigitalSynergy:

1. It has to be your degree cert. However you can upload your statement of result provided it was officially issued (i.e, contains official stamp and signature) by officers in your school's exams and records or registrar's office. BUT YOU MUST ENDEAVOUR TO RESUBMIT THE DEGREE CERTIFICATE WHEN YOU COLLECT. Make sure all this happens before the deadline for applications.

2. On deadlines, you have till Jan 15 to have selected and ranked your courses and uploaded your documents. While you have till Feb 1 to have paid your application fee.

I thought application fee and documents upload deadline is Feb 1

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by DigitalSynergy: 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2020
femora007:

I thought application fee and documents upload deadline is Feb 1

I believe the instruction is clearly stated.
If you're interested in applying try and make sure you select your courses and make your application on or preferably before Jan 15.
Then your payment should be made on or before Feb 1.
It's not usually advisable waiting till the deadline before acting.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by mostob(m): 8:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
DigitalSynergy:

It's by the program. Drop your email and I'll send you the list of eligible masters program for the scholarship, as well as the school that offers the eligible masters program.
Hello bro. .pls help out too. Mostob10@gmail.com . God bless you
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by engroyekan(m): 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2020
Thank you for the great job you’re doing.

Can you please help on how to draft a motivation letter. Maybe there’s a guide or a sample that you can share. Thanks.
My mail is ayobami.oyekanmi@gmail.com

DigitalSynergy:

1. BSc cert
2. Motivation letter
The fee covers your application for maximum of 4 schools or 4 courses whichever be the case.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by DigitalSynergy: 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
engroyekan:
Thank you for the great job you’re doing.

Can you please help on how to draft a motivation letter. Maybe there’s a guide or a sample that you can share. Thanks.
My mail is ayobami.oyekanmi@gmail.com

Will get back to you on a sample.

But basically your motivation letter should contain

1. Reasons why you have chosen the field of study
2. Reasons why the particular school is your most preferred
3. Reason why the country is the most suitable place for you. Whether in terms of cultural diversity, weather, quality of life, language, etc.
4. Your future plans upon completion of your program.

And any other info that proves your genuine intent of wanting to study there.

Be brief and straight to the point in your letter. Try not to exceed one page.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by RioCarputo(m): 8:10am On Dec 14, 2020
[quote author=Dayzzy post=96980028]
You actually have a valid point... just didn't come out right at first.
We hope you get on board sire smiley[/quote
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by engroyekan(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2020
Thank you for the swift response.

DigitalSynergy:

Will get back to you on a sample.

But basically your motivation letter should contain

1. Reasons why you have chosen the field of study
2. Reasons why the particular school is your most preferred
3. Reason why the country is the most suitable place for you. Whether in terms of cultural diversity, weather, quality of life, language, etc.
4. Your future plans upon completion of your program.

And any other info that proves your genuine intent of wanting to study there.

Be brief and straight to the point in your letter. Try not to exceed one page.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by DigitalSynergy: 10:47am On Dec 14, 2020
mostob:
Hello bro. .pls help out too. Mostob10@gmail.com . God bless you
Sent
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by mostob(m): 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
DigitalSynergy:
Sent
Seen. Thank you
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Benresmy(m): 3:10am On Dec 15, 2020
misslag:

Hello. Started the application process, I want to confirm if I have to pay the 39,500 before I can continue with my documentation. Thank you
the payment is 45,500 in naria, after payment you start your document submission
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by isaacola57: 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benresmy:
but am really confused on something the name of the school I applied in Sweden is skovde university but I haven't paid the fee yet, how do you see the school do dey deny admission, becos am a bit worried,, and another problem in my transcript my grade there is 2.4GPA hope the grade is ok for scholarship?
sir can we talk on mail.. please send me a pm sir
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by isaacola57: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
DigitalSynergy:
I sent you the link.

1st pic: parameters to use for search
(You can also refine to choose the particular school you're interested in)

2nd pic: next parameter to refine your search

3rd pic: where to see the number of applicants to a particular school for a particular program

4th pic: after getting info on number of applicants for a particular school, use the settings in image 4 to refine your search to know number of students who were admitted.
sent you a mail
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Modupeoluwa123(f): 5:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
DigitalSynergy:

It's by the program. Drop your email and I'll send you the list of eligible masters program for the scholarship, as well as the school that offers the eligible masters program.
Please send it to me
Modupeoluwafunmilayo123@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Benresmy(m): 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2020
isaacola57:
sir can we talk on mail.. please send me a pm sir
mail me at amaechibenjamin041@gmail.com
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by etrange: 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2020
I'm back guys. Making progress one step at a time, thanks to y'all.

Please, I've got a couple more questions:

1) Do they accept statement of result in place of degree certificate?

2) How do you arrange the files before upload? As a Nigerian, the only documents I'll be uploading for my bro are his degree certificate (or statement) and an image of his international passport. I believe the degree certificate will be uploaded under "certificates and diplomas" while the passport imagine goes under "ID documents". I'll not upload anything for the document types "Transcripts", "Other documents" and "Mixed content". So my questions:

2a) Is my planned arrangement above correct?
2b) Should I re-upload the degree certificate (or statement) under "English language proficiency" since I'm using his education to satisfy the English requirement or should I just ignore that one too?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Darey00(m): 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
etrange:
I'm back guys. Making progress one step at a time, thanks to y'all.

Please, I've got a couple more questions:

1) Do they accept statement of result in place of degree certificate?

2) How do you arrange the files before upload? As a Nigerian, the only documents I'll be uploading for my bro are his degree certificate (or statement) and an image of his international passport. I believe the degree certificate will be uploaded under "certificates and diplomas" while the passport imagine goes under "ID documents". I'll not upload anything for the document types "Transcripts", "Other documents" and "Mixed content". So my questions:

2a) Is my planned arrangement above correct?
2b) Should I re-upload the degree certificate (or statement) under "English language proficiency" since I'm using his education to satisfy the English requirement or should I just ignore that one too?

Thanks in advance.

1. I think (I'm not sure) you can upload the Statement of results provided the official stamp of the university is on the document. Please refer to universityadmissions.se under the Nigeria heading for guidance.

2a. Yes
2b. If he studied and graduated in Nigeria you don't need any proof of English. You can upload the Certificate under Certificates if you have it before January 15th, name it appropriately, like Certificate Latest.pdf
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by etrange: 4:59pm On Dec 18, 2020
Darey00:

1. I think (I'm not sure) you can upload the Statement of results provided the official stamp of the university is on the document. Please refer to universityadmissions.se under the Nigeria heading for guidance.

2a. Yes
2b. If he studied and graduated in Nigeria you don't need any proof of English. You can upload the Certificate under Certificates if you have it before January 15th, name it appropriately, like Certificate Latest.pdf

Thank you for the prompt response

1) I've gone through the site, I didn't see anything specifically addressing the question. I asked someone there and, just like you, he believes statements are accepted. I might just use that since my brother's original certificate won't be ready till January.

2) Ok. Got it!

3) Yeah, I figured he doesn't need any proof of English. So I'll not provide any document under that section. But sorry, I didn't fully get the second part of your response to this question where you said:

"You can upload the Certificate under Certificates if you have it before January 15th, name it appropriately, like Certificate Latest.pdf"

Does this mean that I can go ahead and upload the statement under "Certificates and diplomas" and later upload the original degree certificate under that same section if by any means I'm eventually able to get it before the deadline?

Thanks once again.

**Edited**
I found my answer to question number one. For anyone still wondering if statement of result is allowed, please see the first image below. However, the second image suggests that you should upload your degree as soon as you get it so that the school won't have to ask for it at the point of registration (I believe the upload can be done even after the document submission deadline since your statement has already been used to assess you and they asserted that documents submitted after the deadline are kept aside and registered after publishing the admission results). Thanks.
Cc: Darey00

1 Like

Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Darey00(m): 7:15pm On Dec 18, 2020
etrange:

But sorry, I didn't fully get the second part of your response to this question where you said:

"You can upload the Certificate under Certificates if you have it before January 15th, name it appropriately, like Certificate Latest.pdf"

Does this mean that I can go ahead and upload the statement under "Certificates and diplomas" and later upload the original degree certificate under that same section if by any means I'm eventually able to get it before the deadline?

Thanks once again.

Hello, yes you can do that.

Say you upload the Statement of Results as Certificate.pdf i.e. the name of the file, when you can lay your hands on the certificate before January 15 you can go under Certificates and upload the University Certificate and name it like "Certificate-Latest.pdf", or any convention that will convey that this is the latest file and most updated version you wish to use.

Remember you can't delete any document once uploaded
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by etrange: 7:34pm On Dec 18, 2020
Darey00:

Hello, yes you can do that.

Say you upload the Statement of Results as Certificate.pdf i.e. the name of the file, when you can lay your hands on the certificate before January 15 you can go under Certificates and upload the University Certificate and name it like "Certificate-Latest.pdf", or any convention that will convey that this is the latest file and most updated version you wish to use.

Remember you can't delete any document once uploaded

Gotcha!

I'll do just that. I stay in North America and it'll take me a while to get that degree certificate. So I believe this is my safest option.

Thanks.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Haywhyluv: 10:20pm On Dec 18, 2020
DigitalSynergy:

For your first question about the school you applied and if they give admission. First things first!

1. Is the school among the eligible schools to benefit from the scholarship?

2. The course you intend studying is it listed among the eligible programs?

If your answers are no, then bare in mind you will not be able to apply for the SI scholarship.
If yes, then you need to visit the school's website to find out the requirements for the particular course you wish to study. Possibly you can get the email contacts of either the program supervisor or staff in charge of admissions for that particular program of study, and make direct enquiries from there.

Now about the possibility of admission, I will send you a link to a website that keeps statistical data on admissions into Swedish universities and their various programs. By the time you go through the admission statistics pertaining to you school of choice then you should be able to tell how likely the possibility of getting admission is based on the statistical information you will pull out.

Just send me a mail requesting for the link.

Pls I need the link akinboni83@gmail.com
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Acuna91: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2020
DigitalSynergy:

1. BSc cert
2. Motivation letter
Hello.
Please was the transcript going to be sent to Sweden by email or by post. I thought they specified it to be sent by post. I stand to be corrected. Please share the email address you you requested your transcript should be forwarded to.
Thanks
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by lavicollins(m): 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
I studied B.A Religious Studies with a Cgpa of 2.8. Can I choose other courses with 'Masters in Theology' since I have 4 course options.?
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Atoos(m): 10:20am On Dec 25, 2020
Hello, pls I'd like to clarify something.
When applying forb4 different programs do you pay the 900sek 4 times too and also, do you have to submit all your documents before paying the application fee ?
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by Beolly(m): 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2020
DigitalSynergy:

For your first question about the school you applied and if they give admission. First things first!

1. Is the school among the eligible schools to benefit from the scholarship?

2. The course you intend studying is it listed among the eligible programs?

If your answers are no, then bare in mind you will not be able to apply for the SI scholarship.
If yes, then you need to visit the school's website to find out the requirements for the particular course you wish to study. Possibly you can get the email contacts of either the program supervisor or staff in charge of admissions for that particular program of study, and make direct enquiries from there.

Now about the possibility of admission, I will send you a link to a website that keeps statistical data on admissions into Swedish universities and their various programs. By the time you go through the admission statistics pertaining to you school of choice then you should be able to tell how likely the possibility of getting admission is based on the statistical information you will pull out.

Just send me a mail requesting for the link.
Hello bro i just bumped into this thread today. I'm also interested in the scholarship but my international passport is not yet ready as we speak. the other listed documents is with me. I have my transcript and certificate already. Please can I proceed with the registration pending the time I get my international passport.
Re: Apply For Masters In Sweden Plus 100% Scholarship by gracej(f): 2:47am On Dec 26, 2020
How can I apply for a swedish residence visa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sad Reality: Nigerians In Tokyo / Student Visa Interview Frequently Asked Questions And Answers / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 504
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.