Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,506 members, 7,781,554 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:56 PM

Does God Really Exist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Exist? (2845 Views)

Does God Really Exist / Do Mermaids Really Exist??? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
LordReed:

That is of no concern, what we are after here is how your statement "your cup don full" demonstrates spirit. A mere statement provides nothing towards this.

grin Now you choose to reject an intangible that is Against you, but when it is time for your benefit, you would not complain, see how Biased and Bigoted you are? grin tsk, tsk, tsk!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by LordReed(m): 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Now you choose to reject an intangible that is Against you, but when it is time for your benefit, you would not complain, see how Biased and Bigoted you are? grin tsk, tsk, tsk!

You are just clowning now. I said whether spirit is tangible or not is irrelevant and here you are string together some funny gibberish. Just show how "your cup is full" demonstrates spirit instead of behaving like a clown.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by mezico96(m): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2020
LordReed:

You are just clowning now. I said whether spirit is tangible or not is irrelevant and here you are string together some funny gibberish. Just show how "your cup is full" demonstrates spirit instead of behaving like a clown.

Oga if you think otherwise why not create your thread and state your course
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2020
LordReed:

I have already finished demonstrating it, and I have further answered that it is intangible like all the other intangibilities you have and you use, everyday. So the case is done!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by LordReed(m): 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2020
mezico96:

Oga if you think otherwise why not create your thread and state your course

Irrelevant.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by LordReed(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I have already finished demonstrating it, and I have further answered that it is intangible like all the other intangibilities you have and you use, everyday. So the case is done!

No you did not, you merely made the statement.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by AvsGot007(m): 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2020
Nuttella:
Anyone still asking if God exist in this end time with all the things happening is really lost and I feel for them.
Tell me about it.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Kobojunkiee: 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
DivineDynamics:
Spirit is abstract and is not something that can be seen or touched. It can however be felt. I can feel the Spirit of God, His existence and His potency.
undecided Are you sure you are talking about the same Spirit of God?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by AvsGot007(m): 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin if spirit was a tangible thing, it would not be spirit.

Thank you for attempting to assist me grin, but it is not necessary here, for I laid no criteria I Only Supplied and Exhibited Proof of It, As You Requested! grin
he wan burst your head shey�
Re: Does God Really Exist? by AvsGot007(m): 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2020
LordReed:

Irrelevant.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by AvsGot007(m): 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
undecided Are you sure you are talking about the same Spirit of God?
7 spirits of God Including the Spirit of the Lord, and the Spirits of wisdom, of understanding, of counsel, of might, of knowledge and of fear of the LORD
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Kobojunkiee: 10:25pm On Nov 09, 2020
AvsGot007:
7 spirits of God Including the Spirit of the Lord, and the Spirits of wisdom, of understanding, of counsel, of might, of knowledge and of fear of the LORD
Really?
So, which one of those 7 entered Jesus Christ at the point of Baptism? undecided
Were the other Spirits missing in action from Jesus Christ since there is no record of another Spirit entering His person while He was on earth? undecided
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Image123(m): 2:01am On Nov 10, 2020
LordReed:

What is spirit? Can you give objective proof of this thing called spirit?

The human being is a tripartite being unlike other animals and living things. It's not necessarily what makes us greater but it makes us in the image of God, triune. Every human being is made up of spirit, soul and body.
Like three circles or like in geography, the earth has an inner core/circle in the deepest part, then the outer core before coming to the earth surface that we all see. In similar vein, the spirit of man is the innermost, followed by the soul. The body is the outside physically seen part. The body is more prevalent in the physical realm and i guess you are already at a disadvantage asking for purely physical objective proofs of another realm. Let's see what can be done though not promising much. So far so bad, what part is confusing in the explanation?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Tamaratonye5(f): 4:56am On Nov 10, 2020
DivineDynamics:
This has been the question many people have been asking in ages.
Ages 0-4
Ages 5-12
Ages 13-17
Ages 18-25
Ages 26-39
Ages 40-64
Ages 65-90

DivineDynamics:
To many people, [there is no evidence for] God. does not exist.
Fixed

DivineDynamics:
Neither was He the One that created the universe nor human beings.
You tied the previous sentence together with this one using the word "neither". Trying to one up your shadow, hmm?

NO demonstrable evidence [1] A god, [2] deity sex as in he [3] creates ...

The universe exists, human beings exist. Good observations.

DivineDynamics:
Many said there was no proof or empirical evidence that God exists.
One hundred percent true. And these many have asked for this standard of evidence. Others are happy believing in faith and then telling everyone what they know lol

DivineDynamics:
There is no doubt that the existence of God will remain a controversy till eternity.
Come on now DivineDynamics lol. This is not true at all embarassed. Perhaps in your mind only. There may one day be demonstrable evidence for god deity ideas - just up until now there is none - since the evolution of Earth and humankind.

DivineDynamics:
Many religions try to bring forward the assertion that God lives and that He indeed created the world and all the things in it.
I can't think of many religions that "survive and get money from people" without this deity being of some sort, you know

And not all credit said deity with creation afterall, so perhaps, many is appropriate smiley

DivineDynamics:
Some people are disillusioned about the problems on earth.
And some are very optimistic and quite pleased with how far humankind has are available caring for other humans and advancing medicine, foods, technology, communication (incl languages), acceptance of diversity, lower crime rates … oh wow I could last and on…

These super dis-illusioned people should get entangled in maybe one small thing to boost the globe or their local area. Even giving to a bank, volunteering at an old folks home OR animal shelter… oh wow - there's lots an individual can do, you know

DivineDynamics:
Some could not accept that a supreme God exists in the midst of the travails they find themselves.
Actually - it’s never been demonstrably evidenced that a supreme God exists not to mention within the midst of "travails", so, quite frankly, none should "accept" this position

However - you may say "some with faith believe a supreme god exists amongst travails" (something like that)

DivineDynamics:
I believe that indeed God exists. The empirical proof is my very existence.
Sorry DivineDynamics, but the credit for your existence should (realistically) be visiting your dear mom and pop - the sperm and egg donor… think basic sexual reproductive education.

DivineDynamics:
It is a spirit thing and the understanding lies entirely in spirit.
See that's a faith statement. No empirical evidence for this "spirit" you speak about …
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Tamaratonye5(f): 5:27am On Nov 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The objective proof is
1) when doctors say "he's gone" or "stay with us" or "he's back with us" and everyone who has been around dead or dying people know this is True!
Pure nonsense, another bare assertion from you in the pretence it's evidence.

Dtruthspeaker:

2). when dead, "our departed".. then when a baby is born "we say our child has arrived" or "Edon come oh"
Ah, I see. So trains are spirits then? That has to be dumbest piece of rhetoric you have posted on this website yet.

Dtruthspeaker:
But shall Reed ever Agree to Universal Natural Truths?
Shall Dtruthspeaker ever grasp rudimentary grammar and sentence construction?

WHAT OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE CAN YOU DEMONSTRATE FOR ANY DEITY?

Dtruthspeaker:
Never, Nothing proving the Truth of God shall stand in his eyes, True or Not!
You, or any other believer and/or theist, would have to offer some shred of evidence first, and that hasn't happened. As we can see from your vapid rhetoric here again, you don't even know what evidence is, clearly, proof is mathematics.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dtruthspeaker:
FOR IF IT WAS NOT TRUE, YOU WOULD HAVE HAPPILY PROVIDED THE COUNTER AS YOU HAVE USUALLY DONE, RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW
They call this argumentum ad ignorantiam. It does not work that way. You cannot disprove an untestable claim, and the god claim falls into the untestable category.

Allow me to illustrate your folly now:

I claim that in the heart of the sun is a sphere packed with beer and hot babes. Can you disprove this? I'm guessing no

My question to you: Simply because you cannot disprove my claim, does that make my claim valid?

Dtruthspeaker:
because you do not have the answer
Your unevidenced archaic superstition needs no counter argument, and your bare assertions are not evidence. I gave up reading the rest of your vapid verbiage. Is your shift key broken? What's with the random capital letters?

As for truth, that's established with objective evidence, and despite your empty hyperbole, you have yet to offer any.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by Tamaratonye5(f): 6:13am On Nov 10, 2020
Image123:

The human being is a tripartite being unlike other animals and living things. It's not necessarily what makes us greater but it makes us in the image of God, triune. Every human being is made up of spirit, soul and body.
Like three circles or like in geography, the earth has an inner core/circle in the deepest part, then the outer core before coming to the earth surface that we all see. In similar vein, the spirit of man is the innermost, followed by the soul. The body is the outside physically seen part. The body is more prevalent in the physical realm and i guess you are already at a disadvantage asking for purely physical objective proofs of another realm. Let's see what can be done though not promising much. So far so bad, what part is confusing in the explanation?
We have examined this planet earth and through many disciplines are able to identify and study the various layers on this planet. If someone demands proof that there's an inner core, it will be proven by the suitable scientists, with data and facts. Those results were determined by observation, the layers were revealed as science progressed.

You cannot prove in any way this triple layer human proposition. You're not working with facts and data.

Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:02am On Nov 10, 2020
LordReed:

What is spirit? Can you give objective proof of this thing called spirit?

Another Proof is when we say "Action speaks louder than words" grin
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:06am On Nov 10, 2020
AvsGot007:
he wan burst your head shey�

No Bros, I no gree make e talk for me, I gas talk my own talk. grin
Re: Does God Really Exist? by LordReed(m): 7:21am On Nov 10, 2020
Image123:

How can we independently verify any of this?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by LordReed(m): 7:26am On Nov 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Another Proof is when we say "Action speaks louder than words" grin

Repeating trite statements do nothing to support your position.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:31am On Nov 10, 2020
Tamaratonye5:

Pure nonsense, another bare assertion from you in the pretence it's evidence.

Anty Tamara, between you and I, you know Nothing About Evidence, the Nature of Evidence and the Law of Evidence, How, Evidence is Obtained, The Types of Evidence that Exist etc

So, You Do Not know what Evidence Is and How it Works and therefore you are not in a position to contend with me on Evidence.

(Now folks, do you know the Tamaratonye style of argument? she shall divert from the main issue and move into the streams of the main issue like a bull shark leaves the ocean to go into rivers).

Aunty Tamara that can argue forever, Come and present your knowledge of Evidence if you have more knowledge about Evidence than I, let us see, if not, hold you breast grin (na joke oh, if not I know say you must talk about breast so tay, thread finish)

The only thing of interest to me here is your knowledge of Evidence, bring it that we may Examine (I know say you go dodge am mmh)
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:34am On Nov 10, 2020
LordReed:

Repeating trite statements do nothing to support your position.

Morning, Bros! Ah,this topic is making me find spirit in everything so I am going to be bringing them here for people to see. grin
Re: Does God Really Exist? by LordReed(m): 7:41am On Nov 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Morning, Bros! Ah,this topic is making me find spirit in everything so I am going to be bringing them here for people to see. grin

Morning. So did you find spirit in Mycoplasma genitalium?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:47am On Nov 10, 2020
LordReed:

Morning. So did you find spirit in Mycoplasma genitalium?

grin it was never my course of action, but yours, so it would not be possible for me to pursue it.

I had my course, and I coursed my course and I have long since arrived at my destination.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Tamaratonye5(f): 9:04am On Nov 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Anty Tamara, between you and I, you know Nothing About Evidence, the Nature of Evidence and the Law of Evidence, How, Evidence is Obtained, The Types of Evidence that Exist etc
Another tedious list of subjective unevidenced assertions, littered with random capital letters, pretty ironic as well, under the circumstances

Dtruthspeaker:
So, You Do Not know what Evidence Is and How it Works and therefore you are not in a position to contend with me on Evidence.
Is your name, by any chance, Donald Trump lol?

You have offered no evidence, none, nada, zilch, so there's nothing to contend with. Though if you truly believe the nonsense you've posted on this thread is anything but pitiful naked assertions and vapid ad hominem, then I feel embarrassed for you.

Dtruthspeaker:
(Now folks, do you know the Tamaratonye style of argument? she shall divert from the main issue and move into the streams of the main issue like a bull shark leaves the ocean to go into rivers).
You've truly outdone yourself here lmao. Just when I thought you couldn't get any worse.

Do tell us Dtruthspeaker, how is asking you to provide evidence for your endless subjective assertions, distracting from them? Again, this is a pretty ironic claim, given that's your third paragraph that has nothing to do with the topic, and just lists more unevidenced assertions and puerile ad hominem. I also didn't make any argument, I only asked you to evidence your claims. So your hysterical ad hominem speaks for itself lol.

Dtruthspeaker:
The only thing of interest to me here is your knowledge of Evidence, bring it that we may Examine (I know say you go dodge am mmh)
Have I made any claims here? (Looking from left to right) I don't think so. The claims have all been yours, and that imbecillic red herring of a post is fooling no reasonable individual here. If it wasn't before, it's much clearer now that you have NO EVIDENCE to present for your beliefs in archaic superstitions.

Seriously man, seek help. Quite frankly, and I don't mean this to be an ad hominem, your posts often make you come accross as dim-witted, or like an illiterate. I don't claim to be an expert in epistemology but good grief, you have never attempted to offer proper evidence for your beliefs in these kind of discussions. The random capital letters are hilarious and embarrassing in equal measure.

Can you offer any compelling evidence for your deity at all? I can't dumb it down any more than that unfortunately.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Really Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:15am On Nov 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin it was never my course of action, but yours, so it would not be possible for me to pursue it.

I had my course, and I coursed my course and I have long since arrived at my destination.

Bwahahahaha! I thought you said you were finding spirit in everything. Were you lying? LMFAO!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:37am On Nov 10, 2020
LordReed:

Bwahahahaha! I thought you said you were finding spirit in everything. Were you lying? LMFAO!

grin grin like the word you said "finding" meaning, it requires discovery and uncovery and disclosury grin
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:03am On Nov 10, 2020
Tamaratonye5:

Another tedious list of subjective unevidenced assertions, littered with random capital letters, pretty ironic as well, under the circumstances....

All the shit you say is hinged on what you know Evidence is Vs. what I know, what Evidence to be.

So present your knowledge of Evidence here,.what Evidence is? it's Type and Nature, The Laws of Evidence, What things amount to Evidence and what things do Not!

When this is settled, then you can rightfully dispose one way or the other, the evidence I have given in this case.

For You Must Know What Evidence is, For You To Know What Is Not Evidence!

Oya, show your knowledge of Evidence, if you can and this is my second demand to you, else it clearly proves You Know Nothing On Evidence, The Types of Evidence, The Nature of Evidence, The Laws guiding and guarding the use of Evidence. And therefore all you say is sewage.

And of course this is the first time That You Realised That You Did Not Know What Evidence Truly Meant!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Tamaratonye5(f): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
All the shit you say is hinged on what you know Evidence is Vs. what I know, what Evidence to be.
Another unevidenced claim, with more random capital letters, smh. You're embarrassing yourself lol.

Evidence
noun
1. the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Fact
noun
1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.

You have offered none of the above to support your assertion about spirits. Just asserted that a known phenomenon, death, and medical terminology indicates your assertion to be valid. It’s not evidence for your claim, and as is usually the case you refuse to elucidate rationally your assertion, and resort to irrelevant non sequiturs and ad hominems.

Dtruthspeaker:
So present your knowledge of Evidence here,.what Evidence is?
It’s perfectly adequately defined in any dictionary dear, and since you have not presented anything beyond bare assertion, there's nothing to look at. So again nobody is falling for this asinine evasion. Does one even remember what your claim was all through your irrelevant thrashing about?

Dtruthspeaker:
When this is settled, then you can rightfully dispose one way or the other, the evidence I have given in this case.
It’s settled by an easy definition, and you've presented no evidence, just bare claims, so sadly your bluster isn’t going to fool anyone, junior.

The objective proof is
1) when doctors say "he's gone" or "stay with us" or "he's back with us" and everyone who has been around dead or dying people know this is True!
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
| | | | |
Ring any bells? If you think that there's any evidence in there then please point to it?

What you’ve offered there's a subjective opinion. If it were an objective fact there’d be a world scientific consensus to validate it. Since what you’re describing could be a phenomenon, as are medical events that cause the brain to begin dying from oxygen deprivation. None of that's objective evidence for anything supernatural, why would it be?

It’s infantile rhetoric, and also the fact you seem to genuinely think any of that's evidence for the claim says it all really. I’m embarrassed for you lol. Poor guy.

Dtruthspeaker:
For You Must Know What Evidence is, For You To Know What Is Not Evidence!
What a pithy little tautological piece of nonsense. Again evidence is defined in any dictionary, I suggest you look it up. Then present some…

Dtruthspeaker:
And of course this is the first time That You Realised That You Did Not Know What Evidence Truly Meant!
(Yawning) Another unevidenced claim. Unbelievable grin

I am happy for others here to make their minds up if my posts suggest your childish gibberish has any validity, in the meantime, research evidence within the dictionary and explain how your quoted claim about spirits, is evidenced within the infantile and irrelevant rhetoric you attached.

Death may be a natural phenomena, nothing we understand about it evidences spirits. It’s also now clear you don’t know what objective means.

Well, at least Anty Tamara knows English (the written word). The actual fact that I'm articulate could be a step towards my credibility…

As for you, capitals here and there - a mishmash of non-sense… rotflmao - I'm pretty confident, that is, I'm 500 percent confident that I incorporate a better grip of what empirical and demonstrable evidence is - the varied levels required for convincing (determined by the claim itself), etc. Hell, I’m pretty sure my dog incorporates a better grip of what constitutes evidence than your posts suggest you have.

…and that poor fucking dog has been dead for 15 years.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2020
Tamaratonye5:

Evidence
noun
1. the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Fact
noun
1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.

You have offered none of the above to support your assertion about spirits. Just asserted that a known phenomenon, death, and medical terminology indicates your assertion to be valid. It’s not evidence for your claim, and as is usually the case you refuse to elucidate rationally your assertion, and resort to irrelevant non sequiturs and ad hominems.

It’s perfectly adequately defined in any dictionary dear, and since you have not presented anything beyond bare assertion, there's nothing to look at. So again nobody is falling for this asinine evasion.

It’s infantile rhetoric, and also the fact you seem to genuinely think any of that's evidence for the claim says it all really. I’m embarrassed for you lol. Poor guy.

What a pithy little tautological piece of nonsense. Again evidence is defined in any dictionary, I suggest you look it up.

And this is where you are Completely Out of your depths and out of your league, m'lady!

All you know about Evidence is the Definition of Evidence? shocked

And your knowledge of Evidence is Limited Only to the Definition of Evidence for Toddlers and then you present it as your Overwhelming Knowledge and Understanding of Evidence? shocked

And based on the definition of Evidence for babies you fancied yourself a judge of Evidence?

The Scope, the Nature, the Types and the Law Restricting the Use of them, you know Not? shocked

Yet, you thought to consider yourself a Judge of Evidence? shocked

Shall you submit yourself to a carpenter to perform an appendicitis operation on you?

Respectfully lady, your Jurisdiction lies in the Confines of the Toddlers Classroom and Any where else you may have precedence, BUT you have No Place in Judging what Amounts To Evidence here!

You know Nothing girl On Evidence and since the Only Thing you know about Evidence is to Supply the Definition for Toddlers, You Are Immediately Disqualified From Passing A Judgment Over The Admittance Of Evidence, for Being Evidence. You Are A Fake Judge!

And Fake Judges Have No Jurisdiction Over Any Matter, Anywhere, Neither is their Judgement ever Valid and Acceptable

So enough playing Judge, go plant your little pert butt over there, While The Real Judges of Evidence, Come In!

Thank you!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2020
Another Example of the Proof and Manifestation of spirit is when we say "See as e face don change" for anger and "see as e dey sweet am for body", for joy
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Tamaratonye5(f): 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2020
The objective proof is
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
| | | | |
Can Dtruthspeaker offer no objective evidence for this claim?? Tsk, tsk, tsk

You're just trying to reverse the burden of proof - a dishonest debating tactic you keep employing whenever you're out-thought and outgunned.

Your obfuscation of the meaning of "evidence" is only a way for you to run away, as you always do, from your claims like a whipped pussy lol. No rational person here is fooled by your trolling evasion. Though they may find your random capital letters, and remedial grammar a bit baffling.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Happened To A Man Who Slept With Another Man's Wife(photos) / Freshboi Nairaland's Jehovah Witness Tormentor / Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.