Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers (103909 Views)

‼️the Lexus GS 350 Is Not Just A Car. It’s An Experience.✅✅ / Do You Remember This James Bond's Car? It's Going For N126,000,000(Pics) / My Toyota Corolla 2006 Was Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by HoluGraze: 3:21pm On Nov 08, 2020
pickatyou2:

You can use another phone, send the command to the tracker number and the car shuts down immediately.
Its okay then
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2020
humilitypays:
Unfortunately it will be sold as spare parts, even you the owner will buy part of this your stolen car cry

This ugly Toyota Corolla, Nigerians out of their usual bandwagon made it so popular that the price has surppassed it's real market value. Even Americans are wondering why Nigerians want to die on top of this ugly car with no single comfort.

Once it comes out for bidding, one Nigerian in one remote village will start the bidding with $1000, crazy people angry sad
According to Nigerians Corolla is the best car in the world. Ask anyone for car purchase advice next thing Corolla.

No value for money, everywhere plastic interior, bland design rubbish suspension system. They’ll call 03 model for you 2M.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Goalnaldo(m): 3:23pm On Nov 08, 2020
May you recover your car in Jesus name amen

3 Likes

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2020
Kayharry:
Everyone on this thread sound like a criminal who had stolen a car before and knows it ends .
This is Nigeria. Everybody be criminal. Even you!!

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
emperor863:
This is a very sorry case. It is one of the he reasons we should not wage wars against the police.

I for see many of such car thefts by armed men going by the magnitude of fire arms and ammunitions in illegal hands following the hijack of #endsars protests by thugs sent by politicians.
No need to thank me
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by yusufu16: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2020
They will just butcher this car and sell parts as scrap.
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2020
KarLmax20:
They might have dismembered it. I will advise you to go spiritual if you want to get back your car.
Spiritual ke? Is God in police search and rescue again?
When you think you've heard it all on NL

3 Likes

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Giftexx: 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2020
mannasseh:
please call the above number

please this is the CHASSIS NUMBER

2T1BR32E75C419050
You've done well by putting the chassis number on d internet.
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by IFEBARBIE: 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
mannasseh:
Good day a Friends sister's car was snatched in port Harcourt River state Nigeria.
The car is an ...

An ASH TOYOTA COROLLA WITH THE PLATE NUMBER "FST 977 EP"

It was snatched from a female Driver by Arm Robbers along NTA -okpara link Road, port Harcourt. ON WEDNESDAY 4TH NOVEMBER
An appeal is made to the general public to please call the number above if the car is located or found anywhere, please help a mother and sister who has been Traumatized by this unfortunate event 09073350499.

A quick advice.

If the police in your state are back on the street and/or the police station in the area where it was snatched wasn't burned down, you can report to them or call the state ctrl rm number to report stating the VIN and engine number.

But, honestly, I doubt if any officer will have the mind to demand for vehicle papers from motorist this season

God help Nigeria
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by proclinician: 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2020
I suppose the owner did not install any tracker in the said vehicle? How can you even own this corolla and u drive it without tracker?

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by proclinician: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2020
pickatyou2:

You can use another phone, send the command to the tracker number and the car shuts down immediately.

As simple as ABC.

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by nedekid: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2020
I wonder why you will buy a car with so much money and not have money to install a tracker + another decoy cheap tracker ontop. On aliexpress you can get for as low as $10.
May you be united with your car IJN.
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Urchmonny: 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
mannasseh:
please call the above number
please this is the CHASSIS NUMBER
2T1BR32E75C419050
ENGINE NUMBER
1ZZ8154344
REGISTRATION NUMBER
FST 977 EP
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by nedekid: 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

According to Nigerians Corolla is the best car in the world. Ask anyone for car purchase advice next thing Corolla.

No value for money, everywhere plastic interior, bland design rubbish suspension system. They’ll call 03 model for you 2M.
That 03 model corolla is the most rugged car you can get. It is said to be stronger than the newer models. Besides the fuel economy is on another level. The car does not break. In fact I hear meachnics hate the car cos if folks all use it, they will not have work.
I hired one to take my family of 5 to oshogbo from Lagos. Driver bought 5k fuel to fill his tank. By the time we got back to Lagos he toped up his fuel with 2k. Nigger almost had full tank! Note we used Ac all the way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by 2special(m): 3:52pm On Nov 08, 2020
mecussey:

I tell you, I am convinced I will never buy a corrolla. I no no waiting Nigerians see for the car.
Correct
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by 2special(m): 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
Myself2:

Very true
on point
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by abimic(m): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2020
2special:
May you locate the car but this model is the easiest car to pieces, l mean turn to spare parts
as in ehn...so easy, i was surprised my female friend's own was burgled and the gearbox stolen, she was so devastated. Robbers have perfected ways to dismantle this type of car and considering it is a moderate car most people prefer for uber, it makes it so easily available. I pray the op finds it soon before it is turned to scrap

4 Likes

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by 2special(m): 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2020
abimic:

as in ehn...so easy, i was surprised my female friend's own was burgled and the gearbox stolen, she was so devastated. Robbers have perfected ways to dismantle this type of car and considering it is a moderate car most people prefer for uber, it makes it so easily available. I pray the op finds it soon before it is turned to scrap
very easy to remove the small glass door....
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2020
queenfav:
The owner didn't install a tracker? That would have saved him a lot of stress.
The trackers are easy to trace and remove. The same people who install them (auto electricians) are skilled at disengaging the trackers and external security systems.
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Lexusgs430: 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
When you and armed robbers, follow buy motor together..........

Your only insurance is a proper vehicle insurance + tracking device................

2 Likes

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Kayharry(m): 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2020
grin grin grin
Agbegbaorogboye:

This is Nigeria. Everybody be criminal. Even you!!
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Tareq1105: 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2020
2special:
May you locate the car but this model is the easiest car to pieces, l mean turn to spare parts

You're right my brother.

All these people involved in buying and dismantling of motor vehicles should be arrested by Police.

I was at one of the mechanic villages in Abeokuta, Ogun State one Saturday morning to fix my car.

A Toyota Camry Big Daddy was brought to the partakers there. This fine car was dismantled in less than one hour. I was amazed.

The same goes to Owode Onirin market in Lagos and such others.

So, one might not see the car.

Government needs to do something about it bcoz if allowed to continue, there's nothing Police can do.

It's my prayer that the car will be found.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by RosyIsBlessed: 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2020
Kayharry:
Everyone on this thread sound like a criminal who had stolen a car before and knows it ends .

Same thought I have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Biggers82(m): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2020
No need you won't see the car again those boys that is doing bonkaring business in rivers will use the engine to construct boats for their oil thief.
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2020
nedekid:

That 03 model corolla is the most rugged car you can get. It is said to be stronger than the newer models. Besides the fuel economy is on another level. The car does not break. In fact I hear meachnics hate the car cos if folks all use it, they will not have work.
I hired one to take my family of 5 to oshogbo from Lagos. Driver bought 5k fuel to fill his tank. By the time we got back to Lagos he toped up his fuel with 2k. Nigger almost had full tank! Note we used Ac all the way.
Na them,
have you used or owned other cars?
Corolla doesn’t break, don’t do your normal Maintenace and see if it won’t break.
Is tank capacity not different with cars, how is having a full tank with 5k or 2k a topic here?

3 Likes

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by RosyIsBlessed: 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2020
emperor863:
This is a very sorry case. It is one of the he reasons we should not wage wars against the police.

I for see many of such car thefts by armed men going by the magnitude of fire arms and ammunitions in illegal hands following the #endsars protests.

Absolutely right. There were zero to less cases of robbery in Ph before the protest. Now they see why police is very important.
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by 2special(m): 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2020
Tareq1105:

You're right my brother.

All these people involved in buying and dismantling of motor vehicles should be arrested by Police.

I was at one of the mechanic villages in Abeokuta, Ogun State one Saturday morning to fix my car.

A Toyota Camry Big Daddy was brought to the partakers there. This fine car was dismantled in less than one hour. I was amazed.

The same goes to Owode Onirin market in Lagos and such others.

So, one might not see the car.

Government needs to do something about it bcoz if allowed to continue, there's nothing Police can do.

It's my prayer that the car will be found.
That's it
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by nonsowhite(m): 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Which other brand would you advise someone to buy that is cheaper both in price and maintenance
Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2020
nonsowhite:

Which other brand would you advise someone to buy that is cheaper both in price and maintenance
Corolla is not cheap, a used 03 car with bland interior and aesthetic at over 2M is not cheap.
Let me put it into perspective how much is evil spirit Honda Accord? That Corolla is overpriced in Nigeria and it’s due to the bandwagon and overhype by Naija non-petroheads, hence putting it in demand.

You can do a market survey yourself and see what I’m saying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by PastorFire: 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2020
ifytrik:
One reason i will never consider buying a toyota corolla, armed robbers love that car more than any other car brand. May God help you to recover you car anyway.
You have no said anything.

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by waleadeagb(m): 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2020
Hello,

Though this is a good device to install on your car but it has it disadvantages too which I feel can be more than loosing the car.

For instance, if an armed robber jack your car and decided to take you with the car and fortunately for you, the car stopped after 4 minutes.....that could be a disaster for you cos he might not even ask you any questions before shooting or harming you.

Second, fortunately you were attacked and dropped off the car. What is the guarantee that the robbers wouldn't come for you when the car stop within 4minutes while you are still in shock and looking for a ways to get out of the vicinity. Remember, 4minutes is just a little time.

The best protection..

Get a comprehensive car security tracking system that will be able to communicate the car location,relay discussion in the car to your phone, off and on the car with your phone. Work basically with GPS and can easily be installed hiddenly without anybody knowing except you and the installer.

**Police will even ask you if you install tracker cos it makes police job so easy. Let's say you have trackers now, I can tell you 100% that the car would have been found by now...

***Another factor to be consider if the car can still be found is the mode and manner they used in getting the car off the driver. If the robbers are many or attacked with another vehicle. Likelihood they want to use the car for an operation and later dump it somewhere.

***Tell all the mechanics you know in PH and spare parts dealers in PH and Aba. Get InTouch with friends that knows the key people in Ikoku spare parts Market, also get InTouch with the police station at Olu Obasanjo road port Harcourt, will cost you some money with the police but 60% assurance the car might be recovered.

***Also, be mindful that December, Xmas is just at the corner. I believe the car ain't gonna be scrap and sell parts like that....a crazy idiot might buy it from them in PH or neighbouring states especially ABA, Abia State...get InTouch with the police in those neighbouring states especially the highway patrol police department....high possibility that some crazy idiots are looking for Xmas money to spend on booze and some stupid girls....

***I live in PH too and infact, along NTA road, Akpara lane after Everyday Supermarket. So many terrible things happen around this our roads. I drive like a mad man whenever I am coming back home late at night or when it's getting dark cos anything can happen. I have paid Ransome for kidnapped friends before they were released on this same road last 3weeks when they were taken to Igbo Etche, so please try and explore my suggestions while I try too to look out from my own side. Port Harcourt is fucking crazy and unsafe place to live presently. Good luck. I have your number and will get InTouch if anything comes up.....my email is wallrichy@yahoo.com

adubam:

The car will stop and won't start until that button hidden inside the car is pressed.
[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Don't Buy This Car, It Was snatched By Armed Robbers by COdeGenesis: 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
mannasseh:
Good day a Friends sister's car was snatched in port Harcourt River state Nigeria.
The car is an ...

An ASH TOYOTA COROLLA WITH THE PLATE NUMBER "FST 977 EP"

It was snatched from a female Driver by Arm Robbers along NTA -okpara link Road, port Harcourt. ON WEDNESDAY 4TH NOVEMBER
An appeal is made to the general public to please call the number above if the car is located or found anywhere, please help a mother and sister who has been Traumatized by this unfortunate event 09073350499.

What happened to putting a tracking device in your car?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buy Car From USA, Clean And Salvage Auction Cars, Shipping To Nigeria / For Lovers Of Mercedes Benz C Class / Ship Cars from the US (Copart, IAAI):Take Advantage of the Naira Appreciation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.