Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! (3627 Views)

11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! / True Story Of The Hail Mary Of A Protestant / Italo The Belligerent Catholic. Mary Wasnt No Dayum 'virgin'. Proof She Wasnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2011

Dear friend,

Do you see anything terribly wrong with this picture?  I do. This is the Catholic Mary.  Look at her hands.  Do you see the scars of crucifixion?  Did Mary die on the cross for you?  No!  This photo to the left is blasphemous and creepy! Does this bother you?  It should.  Look at the caption.  It says, Mary, Co-Redemptrix (or co-redeemer).  Look again,  it says she our "advocate"--but wait a minute.  1st John 2:1 says that Jesus is our advocate with the Father.

", if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

The Roman Catholic Mary is an IMPOSTER!
Look again, this abominable image also says that Mary "mediates" the grace of God.  This is untrue when compared with the Bible.  Why is light emitting from her wounds?  Is she supposed to be the light of the world and power of God?  Wait a minute, notice that she is pregnant.  Jesus is supposedly still in her womb, a fetus totally dependent on her.  Meanwhile she's all powerful!  You may want to see my article "Catholics believe Jesus is a Mama's Boy".

Did you know that Roman Catholics call Mary the "Queen of Heaven"?  Did you know that the Bible talks about the queen of heaven?  It does.  The Queen of Heaven is A PAGAN BABYLONIAN GODDESS, A DEVIL-- Jeremiah 7:18, "The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the QUEEN OF HEAVEN, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger."

You can also read about this devil, the Queen of Heaven, in Jeremiah chapter 44.  In this little treatise you will see FROM CATHOLIC SOURCES that

They call their Mary the Queen of Heaven.  This is not the Mary of the Bible.
    They pray to Mary
    They turn to Mary for help for sin
    They believe she was born sinless just like Jesus (called the Immaculate Conception--should be "Deception"wink
    They believe she never saw physical death (called the Assumption of Mary)
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2011
There is not a more damnable doctrine in Roman Catholicism than the teachings of Our Lady of Fatima. Roman Catholic officials claim that a supernatural event occurred in 1917 in which the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared repeatedly to 3 little children in Fatima, Portugal. S[b]upposedly, the Virgin Mary gave a message to the 3 children—Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco—consisting of an alleged number of precise predictions, requests, warnings and promises concerning the Catholic faith. An "apparition" means "the unexpected or unusual appearance of a ghostly figure."[/b]

The 5th of the 15 promises made by Our Lady of Fatima concerning the Rosary is so blasphemous that it is unmistakable, clear, proof, that Catholics do indeed worship Mary (which is sinful idolatry). Here's the 5th promise,

The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish. —SOURCE

Blasphemy!!! You cannot show me even one Scripture from the Word of God where we are told to trust in Mary, by reciting the Rosary to be saved. In fact, the word "Rosary" is NOT a Bible term. The Rosary is straight out of the pits of Hell. Jesus condemned vain repetition in Matthew 6:7. According to Our Lady of Fatima (whose teachings are officially sanctioned by the Vatican), a person can obtain eternal life through Mary by reciting the Rosary. In sharp contrast, Jesus Christ proclaimed in John 14:6,  "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  How could Catholics be so arrogant, so blind, and so apostate as to believe that salvation is found in Mary? I tell you, Catholicism is of the Devil.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with Mary. None of the Apostles ever mentioned Mary in their Epistles. Jesus never directed us to recognize Mary. In fact, the Bible clearly states in Matthew 11:11 that there has never been a child born amongst women greater than John the Baptist. And no wonder, because John the Baptist prepared the people for the coming of the Savior—Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God which taketh away the sins of the world (John 1:29).

Yet, Catholics sinfully worship Mary, bowing to her statue as if she's a god. Unbelievably, during one rosary recital (a chaplet), a Catholic will recite 53 hail Marys!  Each "Hail Mary" recital is 42 words long. 42 x 53 = 2,226 words just praising Mary! The devout Catholic who prays the rosary every day will praise Mary with 812,490 words in a year's time. That is idolatry! Again, Our Lady of Fatima said, .

The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish. —SOURCE

That's a BIG LIE!!! The Vatican has a lot of explaining to do, because something smells very rotten. One of the most unholy groups in this world is the Holy See, i.e., Catholic leadership. They wrote the book on self-righteousness. No devout Catholic dare deny the promises of Our Lady of Fatima, i.e., their Blessed Virgin Mary. The Catholic Mary (which is nowhere even close to the Biblical Mary) claims to have the power to save those who recite the Rosary. No wonder Catholicism's Mary is often referred to as The Great LovePeddler. Catholics have mutated Jesus' earthly mother into a two-headed, fire-breathing, demonic, monster.

The Biblical Mary was a  sinner (James 2:10), who needed a Savior (Luke 1:47), and told others to do what Jesus commanded (John 2:5). The Biblical Mary was not a Perpetual Virgin (Matthew 13:55-56), was not Immaculately Conceived (Romans 3:23), wasn't Bodily Assumed into Heaven (Hebrews 9:27), and she doesn't intercede on our behalf (1st Timothy 2:5,  "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"wink. The Blessed Virgin Mary of the Catholic religion is straight from Hell.

Oh! Listen my friend, the Catholic Church is a prisonhouse of religion! Catholics have churchianity without Christianity, and religion without truth. From the cradle to the casket, the Catholic Church offers people a package deal; but it's a guaranteed road straight into the depths of Hellfire and damnation. In Luke 17:21, Jesus stated that the Kingdom of God is within you; not within a religious organization. Many people want an organized religion that allows them to touch, taste, see, and feel what they're trusting in for eternal life. However, true salvation, which is obtained only by faith in Christ Jesus, is of the heart (Romans 10:10).
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by free123: 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2011
frosbel
keep it up, God will reward u for this truth
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by hynex79(m): 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2011
free123:

frosbel
keep it up, God will reward u for this truth
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Omenuko(m): 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2011
frosbel:

Dear friend,

Do you see anything terribly wrong with this picture? I do. This is the Catholic Mary. Look at her hands. Do you see the scars of crucifixion? Did Mary die on the cross for you? No! This photo to the left is blasphemous and creepy! Does this bother you? It should. Look at the caption. It says, Mary, Co-Redemptrix (or co-redeemer). Look again, it says she our "advocate"--but wait a minute. 1st John 2:1 says that Jesus is our advocate with the Father.

", if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

The Roman Catholic Mary is an IMPOSTER!
Look again, this abominable image also says that Mary "mediates" the grace of God. This is untrue when compared with the Bible. Why is light emitting from her wounds? Is she supposed to be the light of the world and power of God? Wait a minute, notice that she is pregnant. Jesus is supposedly still in her womb, a fetus totally dependent on her. Meanwhile she's all powerful! You may want to see my article "Catholics believe Jesus is a Mama's Boy".

Did you know that Roman Catholics call Mary the "Queen of Heaven"? Did you know that the Bible talks about the queen of heaven? It does. The Queen of Heaven is A PAGAN BABYLONIAN GODDESS, A DEVIL-- Jeremiah 7:18, "The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the QUEEN OF HEAVEN, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger."

You can also read about this devil, the Queen of Heaven, in Jeremiah chapter 44. In this little treatise you will see FROM CATHOLIC SOURCES that

They call their Mary the Queen of Heaven. This is not the Mary of the Bible.
They pray to Mary
They turn to Mary for help for sin
They believe she was born sinless just like Jesus (called the Immaculate Conception--should be "Deception"wink
They believe she never saw physical death (called the Assumption of Mary)

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get this picture and your knowledge of the Catholic understanding of the Virgin Mary and her role in salvation history?
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by LoveKing(m): 3:43pm On Mar 16, 2011
The Catholic 'Mary' is just an idea of man. It is never divine or has any supernatural or spiritual effect. 'Mary' has no role whatsoever in the Salavation of man, she is just like any follower or worshipper of God. I think imo they are just illusions and hallucinations. Mary is not divine in any sense.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 16, 2011
^

Amen to that
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by alexleo(m): 8:48pm On Mar 16, 2011
catholics are just idol worshippers. While majority of them are ignorant of this fact some are aware but just trying to kill the guilt in them concerning this foolish act. The only painful aspect is that many of them are dying unprepared for heaven because they believe the priest will pray for God to accept their soul in heaven. What a deceit. God save them. Thanks a lot frosbel. Keep it up.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2011
Wherever the gospel is preached, generations call Mary (the real one) blessed.

But our catho brethren took things too far long ago. I used to rant so much about this in some years back, but I find there are forces beyond gripping the cathos that stops them from reading the bible and understanding it properly. Yet even so, I cannot say I fully understand the bible myself and so I cannot fully judge. Only God can.

But with love I ask all my catholic brethren to pull back, and look at things from a 3rd-person perspective. Actually read the bible, not just what your priest is telling you, especially the story of Jesus and his reaction to certain statements made about his family members (as he knew this whole "mary" worship thing was coming). I believe the poster touched on these already.

Remember, the bible we all use says "Be careful where you think you stand", as you might just be sinking.

To think one's self above deception is foolish. There are certain deceptions even in the pentecostal side of things that I discovered I had been a part of as well without knowing.
If I did not humble myself and read the bible AGAIN instead of just going with what mummy and daddy were telling me as I grew, I would have missed some things. Even with that I still know I am not above deception. Even as we hint your deceptions to you, please feel free to hint our deceptions to us.

We are all in this battle together as brothers in arms.
I cannot watch my back, but I can watch your back. Just as well you cannot watch your back, but you can watch mine.
Whenever your brethren in THE LORD admonish you on something, don't just brush it off all foolhardy in your heart going "I can never be deceived!" or "I am invincible!". First pull-back, see where they are coming from, and go back to the bible to verify it. THEN you can judge it. And when you go to the bible, to keep things simple, whatever JESUS says trumps whatever anyone else in the new testament says. The bible will not contradict itself, but your mind can. In such a situation, go back to how Jesus stated it, and go with that one. there is a reason His story alone was similarly rendered into 4 books of witness.

We must ALL do this constantly to keep ourselves on the path of life.

------------------------

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 17, 2011
In all my years as a seminarian I've NEVER seen I repeat NEVER seen this particular Mary's picture. Is not so clear that Frosbel is an agent of demon? It's one thing to fall astray and another thing to lead others astray.First and foremost, pictures of Mary, Jesus,prophets and saints are not real but are graphical illustrations of them by medieval artists because there was no camera in those days, so it is only lame and stupid for anyone to draw conclusions from these pictures(by demonic agents).Mary is neither worshipped nor prayed to in the catholic church. This is one question I've answered a million times.In all our prayers it always ends with throug christ our Lord, so how can you say she is taking mediatoric place of Christ? Rather, she intercedes for us through Christ.Do you agree with me when I say Jesus is God?Then would Jesus refuse the request of his mother.We honour Mary just as the angel Gabriel honoured her and God. In Rev.12.1 "A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her eet andon her head a crown o twelve stars". So i God honoured Mary then who are we to say no. The rosary is about the life of Christ not Mary.This satanic poster quickly emphasised on the "hail mary" and forgot prayers like the Our Father Apostles Creed, Glory be which are prayers said to our Lord. Please before you join any group, investigate, this is the 21st century where you have google, wikipedia because ignorance would not be accepted on the last day. @ Frosbel you were not baptised and confirmed in the church rather you were baptised and confused agents of the anti christ

Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2011
here are some of the pictures of Mary I know

Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 17, 2011
lucenzo:

In all my years as a seminarian I've NEVER seen I repeat NEVER seen this particular Mary's picture. Is not so clear that Frosbel is an agent of demon? It's one thing to fall astray and another thing to lead others astray.First and foremost, pictures of Mary, Jesus,prophets and saints are not real but are graphical illustrations of them by medieval artists because there was no camera in those days, so it is only lame and silly for anyone to draw conclusions from these pictures(by demonic agents).Mary is neither worshipped nor prayed to in the catholic church. This is one question I've answered a million times.In all our prayers it always ends with throug christ our Lord, so how can you say she is taking mediatoric place of Christ? Rather, she intercedes for us through Christ.Do you agree with me when I say Jesus is God?Then would Jesus refuse the request of his mother.We honour Mary just as the angel Gabriel honoured her and God. In Rev.12.1 "A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her eet andon her head a crown o twelve stars". So i God honoured Mary then who are we to say no.              The rosary is about the life of Christ not Mary.This satanic poster quickly emphasised on the "hail mary" and forgot prayers like the Our Father Apostles Creed, Glory be which are prayers said to our Lord. Please before you join any group, investigate, this is the 21st century where you have google, wikipedia because ignorance would not be accepted on the last day. @ Frosbel you were not baptised and confirmed in the church rather you were baptised and confused agents of the anti christ

Brother,

The OP raised more points than just the image. You've only dwelt on the image, choosing to ignore all the other things he posted. Please address the other things he mentioned. When it comes to things of this nature, see my post below about the pride of "I can't be wrong!" or "I can't be deceived!". Please address these collated points.

1>> Remember, we cannot make any assumptions on matters of the divine. We must only go by what THE BIBLE states. Assumptions like "Do you agree with me when I say Jesus is God?Then would Jesus refuse the request of his mother?" Apart from those 2 questions having absolutely no links together, (1a) [/b]did you not see in the bible when Jesus began his ministry that he made it clear just who his brothers mothers and sisters were? [b](1b) Did you not also see when he was on the cross that he gave Mary away to john, saying to her "woman, here is your son" (referring to John). (1c) You need to understand timelines: If this whole Mary mediatrix thing was truly divinely sanctioned, why didn't they already start praying to her in the later new testament? She was long dead by that time. Another mediator doesn't just get introduced half a millennium later after all the living foundations of Christianity had died out, so no-one could oppose it with full authority. The bible however tells us that in the last days there shall be great deceptions and and false Christs (this can easily apply to false "mothers of christs" too, you have to understand the ferocity and "attack them from all angles" mindset of the devil).

2>> We seem to be forgetting here that Christ existed WAAAY before Mary. In fact, He created Mary, whom he used as a human vessel and as a servant of God to manifest Christ in the flesh on earth. We can definitely be sure she is being rewarded in heaven. Now, this Queen of Heaven you pray to now, is the clever rebirth of a pagan religion that existed even as far back as the time of Jeremiah (Jeremiah  7:18 and 44:17) as condemned by him. This was Asherah, a goddess worshipped as the consort of Yahweh in ancient Israel and Judah. This being bears much similarity to the Catholic Mary today. Seeing that the times were changing, this "goddess" saw this as an opportunity to assert itself also as a consort [/b]of Christ for people to pray to, using the [b]Mother role this time (having gained enough experience from it's previous role of just consort), which makes it feel it has the right to override scripture.

3>> There is only one Mediator. Remember, it is not a lack of faith to question something. In fact, true faith is showed in testing the spirit. This one is all about please just pull back and listen to the words that come out of the mouth of this thing you pray to. Though not recorded in the bible, the catholics claim the very first marian apparition was around 40 AD to apostle James. James was praying by a river when "Mary" descended in a throne from heaven accompanied by "angels". And this is what it said:

"My son James, the Most High and Mighty God of heaven has chosen this place that you may consecrate and dedicate here a church and a house of prayer where, under the invocation of my name, He wishes to be adored and served, and all the faithful who seek my intercession will [/b]receive the graces they ask and if they have true faith and devotion, [b]and [/b]in the name of my Son (which son BTW?),[b] I promise [/b]them great favors and blessings."

If the previous statement, didn't drive it home, here is the next statement it made to James:

"For this will be [b]my chapel
and my house, my own inheritance and possession, and in testimony of my promise, this pillar will remain here, and on it my own image, which, in this place where you will build[b] my church[/b]  (shocked), will last and endure with the holy faith. On this spot the Most High will work miracles through my intercession for those who implore my protection."  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I need you to pull apart from all self-righteousness, sit and reflect on those statements. If after doing so you say there is nothing at all scripturally wrong with those statements it made then . . .   shocked I suppose we would have no further basis for this chat as we wouldn't be drawing from the same scripture.

- According to Catholic lore.
-----------------------------------------

Based on your responses to these collated points raised, I will bring up more as I'm led.

Remember, you are not above deception. Deception is deception, even if you were born into it.
My mother was a conc. devout catholic. Her story of her putting that behind her and the spiritual battle that followed is something I may or may not share here.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2011
@ 2 buff. I'm not saying that i'm above deception. I'm not the kind of catholic that digest whatever he's been told. No. Not all Marian apparition are accepted by the church. If you investigate, you will find out that some were not accepted by the church. Don't you think that the devil or this goddess you mentioned of are responsible for these fake apparitions? Imagine a non believer coming across those messages, his doubts about the church would be confirmed. I also know that there are bad elements in the church. There was a time when the church had five successive anti popes. But the church can't fall. So when you hear things like bad priest, don't derail. I am a catholic that wants to suffer with christ not looking for a church that would make me richer than dangote. When you notice something wrong about the church or her doctrines, try and discuss it in a polite way not condemning it because one thing is certain, I may be wrong or you may be wrong we don't know, that's why we are humans. Divisions in the church is what is making christians differ to other religions or beliefs. Do you know the number of churches in world? My brother, it is only God that would save us.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 18, 2011
^^ Bros, It is as I said 2 posts back.
None of us are above deception, both on the catholic or other christian sides.
The deception in the catholic system borders primarily towards spiritual idolatry while that of others mostly border towards worldly idolatry with only a few truly balanced.
It is like I said earlier, we are all brothers in a battle. I can't completely watch my back but I can watch yours, same with you to mine.

Balance is necessary in our various walks. Yes God desires all to be well with us, including our finances, but that doesn't mean this should become the primary pull to God as has been made in many christian institutions (As you have pointed out). This is one of the things I discovered when reading the bible myself in all humility stripped from what parents, society and pastors had instilled in one while growing up.

Now at your back, yes Mary is called blessed and all generations call her blessed. However I'm sure if you strip yourself bare too past catholic cannons and dogmas and study the pure unadulterated Word, even you can see they take it way too far. Now I know you typically say "We don't pray to mary", but I could post some "prayers" made that terribly contradict this stance the catholic institution seems to claim. Especially also statements from even the "catholic approved" marian apparitions (I could copy/paste but I would rather you do your own un-biased research on the institution you are defending).

Perhaps the most painful is the catholic implication that Mary is omniscient as every catholic in the whole world seems to be praying through/to her at the same time. Only God has this divine attribute, hence the reason why Jesus is our only Mediator. Throw in Mary home shrines and the likes and that even the rosary involves more prayers/hails to Mary than the actual God you should be praying to, and anyone can see they are taking the Mary honor thing way too far to the point of idolatry. Essentially, all evidence points to the catholic system recognizing a Quadity, not a Trinity, despite whatever claims being made. remember this is not about what they claim, but by what they do. In the words of Jesus," by their fruits you shall know them", not their words.

Quite frankly, I submit to you that in these last days, the church of Jesus is not any particular institution, but individuals who valiantly seek the pure unadulterated truth of the gospel, constantly stripping themselves of the deceptive spirits of the times through humility, all of which are only possible by the divine aid of the Holy Spirit.  There is a reason Jesus made that very daunting statement that not all that call him Lord and cast out devils in his name are His.

My brother this is as polite as any discussion can be between brethren. I don't recall anyone throwing insults.
We are charged to reprove each other. As you can see from various letters in the new testament, the apostles wrote to churches who were going off and following other passions, admonishing them in pretty much the exact manner I have done you.

In conclusion, We must make The Word our one and only source when considering matters of the Spiritual and discard assumptions. This is the only way to fight the deceptions of the times.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2011
1>> Remember, we cannot make any assumptions on matters of the divine. We must only go by what THE BIBLE states. Assumptions like "Do you agree with me when I say Jesus is God?Then would Jesus refuse the request of his mother?" Apart from those 2 questions having absolutely no links together, (1a) did you not see in the bible when Jesus began his ministry that he made it clear just who his brothers mothers and sisters were? (1b) Did you not also see when he was on the cross that he gave Mary away to john, saying to her "woman, here is your son" (referring to John). (1c) You need to understand timelines: If this whole Mary mediatrix thing was truly divinely sanctioned, why didn't they already start praying to her in the later new testament? She was long dead by that time. Another mediator doesn't just get introduced half a millennium later after all the living foundations of Christianity had died out, so no-one could oppose it with full authority. The bible however tells us that in the last days there shall be great deceptions and and false Christs (this can easily apply to false "mothers of christs" too, you have to understand the ferocity and "attack them from all angles" mindset of the devil).

WHEN CATHOLICS TALK ABOUT VENERATION OF SAINTS,IT IS NOT RESTRICTED TO MARY ALONE AS SHE IS NOT THE ONLY SAINT BEING VENERATED BY THE CHURCH.ASKING MARY TO PRAY FOR US IS SAME AS A PENTERASCAL ASKING THEIR PASTORS TO PRAY FOR THEM,IT IS NOT BYPASSING JESUS TO GOD BUT RATHER GETTING TO JESUS THROUGH MARY.

IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION WE SAW PRAYERS OF GOD'S PEOPLE ASCENDING BEFORE THE LAMB THROUGH THE HANDS OF THE WINGS CREATURES,THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT CATHOLICS DO WITH MARY AND OTHER SAINTS.

Revelation 5:8 (New International Version, ©2011)
8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.

>> There is only one Mediator.

IS ANYONE DISPUTING THAT
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by alexleo(m): 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
chukwudi44:

WHEN CATHOLICS TALK ABOUT VENERATION OF SAINTS,IT IS NOT RESTRICTED TO MARY ALONE AS SHE IS NOT THE ONLY SAINT BEING VENERATED BY THE CHURCH.ASKING MARY TO PRAY FOR US IS SAME AS A PENTERASCAL ASKING THEIR PASTORS TO PRAY FOR THEM,IT IS NOT BYPASSING JESUS TO GOD BUT RATHER GETTING TO JESUS THROUGH MARY.

IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION WE SAW PRAYERS OF GOD'S PEOPLE ASCENDING BEFORE THE LAMB THROUGH THE HANDS OF THE WINGS CREATURES,THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT CATHOLICS DO WITH MARY AND OTHER SAINTS.

Revelation 5:8 (New International Version, ©2011)
8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.

IS ANYONE DISPUTING THAT

You people are just wasting time with all those your mary, mary thing and all those your tradition. God is a spirit and all those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (not in all those your traditions). haba!!!
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2011
Praying to people who have passed on and are enjoying themselves in heaven t pray to god for you?
God is much more interested in you and the going ons of the earth for you to feel you have to put more layers between him and you.
It's why He died for you. It's why He gave you His Holy Spirit. It's why the veil in the temple tore apart.
He wants to live in you. The Holy spirit is the socket in us here, Jesus is the cable and the father is the Power Source. An all encompassing, God-contained communication system that no angel, demon or being can penetrate. Why must you folks put more layers between yourselves and God? Uncertain layers at that.

And the verse you posted: are you saying you are not God's people? undecided
That would be a direct affront to The Cross. It would mean you have not accepted the work of Christ, which sounds like a fundamental problem.

Also you don't seem to understand the implication of the question I posed earlier. When every catholic in the whole world is praying to Mary, Peter, etc, what are you then saying? That they are all omniscient? Do not batter this one aside please, meditate on it and answer it carefully. Go ask your priests if you have to. Omniscience is a divine attribute only God has (not the devil, nor any angel or being in heaven), which is why the only person we should be "submitting" our prayers to in the heavenly realms is Jesus, as instructed in the Bible. This is going back again to unfounded assumptions and fantasies not based on the pure Word of God.

And please, me telling my pastor to pray/interceed for me is very [/b]different from me [b]assuming [/b]to tell another being in heaven (or even hell, who knows but God?) to interceed for me. [b]God [/b]is the only one who has [b]promised to hear our prayers, not even his angels (anglicans) as they only do HIS will no matter how much they are prayed to.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2011
And please, me telling my pastor to pray/interceed for me is very different from me assuming to tell another being in heaven (or even hell, who knows but God?) to interceed for me. God is the only one who has promised to hear our prayers, not even his angels (anglicans) as they only do HIS will no matter how much they are prayed
[/quote]to

Thats where you get it all wrong,we don't assume they are praying for us neither do we also assume they are in heaven.We know there are praying for us because we do get results.A person is not just declared a saint in the catholic church,there are differant procedures which could last even centuries and which must include at least 2 posthumous miracles.

[quote]Also you don't seem to understand the implication of the question I posed earlier. When every catholic in the whole world is praying to Mary, Peter, etc, what are you then saying? That they are all omniscient? Do not batter this one aside please, meditate on it and answer it carefully. Go ask your priests if you have to. Omniscience is a divine attribute only God has (not the devil, nor any angel or being in heaven), which is why the only person we should be "submitting" our prayers to in the heavenly realms is Jesus, as instructed in the Bible. This is going back again to unfounded assumptions and fantasies not based on the pure Word of God

The twenty four elders in the passage I earlier quoted were they ominipresent an dominiscient to be conveying the prayers of all of God's people on earth before God.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 19, 2011
Thats where you get it all wrong,we don't assume they are praying for us neither do we also assume they are in heaven.We know there are praying for us because we do get results.A person is not just declared a saint in the catholic church,there are differant procedures which could last even centuries and which must include at least 2 posthumous miracles.

So you pray to dead saints to get miracles ?

Who is a saint in your opinion ?

The bible calls all true born again Christians believers

"Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God." John 3:3

" All the saints send their greetings." 2 Corinthians 13:13

" may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ" Ephesians 3;18

Now as for prayer, our prayers should not be directed through any MAN, this is heresy, it denies Jesus Christ his right as the mediator for that particular person and to be honest any MAN who takes away that place of Christ in the lives of his beloved sheep is cursed.

How can I go and confess my sins to a priest when he might be struggling with sin himself ?  God forbid.

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." Matthew 6:6

Praying to saints is another matter, this is heresy, to direct our prayers to a man or Mary definitely depicts that the atonement that Jesus made for mankind is somehow insufficient and therefore we must add things like, mass, praying to Mary, dead saints, holy water, incense etc etc.

I say the Catholic church is founded on HERESY.

Repent or you will likewise Perish !!!!
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 19, 2011
Hey frosbel, I'm with you on most of your last post. Save 2 that I would re-iterate.

1. Confessing our sins to one another is one of the effective ways we can use to keep sin away.
“Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed.” – James 5:16
It helps with the sense of Accountability. Isolation is the breeding ground of sin.
See here also: http://spurgeon./2006/10/18/confessing-sins-to-one-another/

2. And as to them perishing,
I know for sure that their assumptions have made them pursue fantasies, and that they have placed more weight on Signs and "posthumous miracles" than on the Sovereign Word of God (forgetting that the devil himself can perform these same "miracles" to aid in deception).

I know that they do not realize that never in all the bible has anyone ever made prayers to people in heaven other than God, not even to those assuredly caught up to heaven like Elijah and Enoch. None ever prayed to an angel either, as all these things did nothing but rouse the jealousy of God, Whom is our only Hope.

But our root is the belief in one foundational thing and because of that root, and God's infinite mercies, I believe their souls shall be saved. And that is that they believe that Jesus came to earth died for us and rose again and is now seated on the Right hand of the Father and He is God.

This is the only reason why if I were invited to a catholic event I would go with no hang ups (though not participating in the idolatry aspect), knowing that despite our differences, [i]almost [/i]like the Jews, we have one foundation in common. I have no beef with catholicism save for their constant religiously-enforced arousal of the jealousy of God.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Viques: 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2011
@ buff, mind u catholics dont just confess their sins 'one to another' like u mentioned, the priest actually gives them punishment ( penance) for their sins. I know somewhere in the bible where it is mentioned dat , we are saved, not by our works lest any man should boast. Christ has taken all the punishment and therefore we do not need any kind of penance to be saved.
Meanwhile catholics should know dat when Jesus died on the cross, the curtain in the temple dat seperates the people from the Holy of Holies was torn from top to bottom, this however means that we can now 'come boldly into the throne of mercy and obtain favour in the time of need'.
Thats an open cheque and u need no Mary, queen, gate of heaven, angels, saints, etc. They should stop making it seem like God is too difficult to access. He is closer to you even like the clothe ure wearing.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2011
God's living word to Catholic brethren:

Ex.  20:4-5    You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.  5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God,

Pure, un-biased truth that even your pope knows. Peace.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2011
this pic is not catholic
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Johnchike(m): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2012
Mary is truly who She is. She is the Ark of the Covenant.(rev11)also She has a very significant role and is the Mother of all christians. Revelation chapter 12 purely proves this. Read and understand REVELATION CHAPTER 12
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Johnchike(m): 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2012
The picture is fake. Ever since I came across the scriptural proof of Mary's role, I've never come come across any thing as gross as this. Mr. Poster YOU ARE SATANIC.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by ichuka(m): 8:53pm On Apr 28, 2012
Johnchike: Mary is truly who She is. She is the Ark of the Covenant.(rev11)also She has a very significant role and is the Mother of all christians. Revelation chapter 12 purely proves this. Read and understand REVELATION CHAPTER 12

Where is it written that Mary is the Ark of Covenant? And how is she the Mother of all Christain?
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Johnchike(m): 12:21am On Apr 29, 2012
i.chuka:

Where is it written that Mary is the Ark of Covenant? And how is she the Mother of all Christain?
Simply read Revelation 12vs17. ......the dragon was furious with the woman and went off to fight against the rest of her descendants, all those who obey God's commandments and are faithful to the truth revealed by Jesus.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by ijawkid(m): 8:02am On Apr 29, 2012
Why are y'all troubling yourself.....

To me if I wasn't a unitarian I would have been a catholic....shikena!!!!

U guys know why

Its simple logic...

If Jesus is now almighty God,then who should mediate for usstill d same Jesus??

Fling Yahweh to d background,appoint Jesus almighty God thru d trinity dogma,then appoint a new mediator..

Another substitute mediator had to ensue...

And who's that??

Mary the mother of God....

What a fitting mediator....

Make we go drink beer joor and stop this Mary thing!!!!
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by ichuka(m): 5:43pm On Apr 29, 2012
Johnchike:
Simply read Revelation 12vs17. ......the dragon was furious with the woman and went off to fight against the rest of her descendants, all those who obey God's commandments and are faithful to the truth revealed by Jesus.

please can you explain how the woman in Revelation 12 is Mary.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2012
many posters here know d truth but will not say it. If truely you read d bible and understand it why then do you dispute d fact that mary has a part in our salvation. First, prophet isaiah spoke about her, then the angel of God the holy spirrt through elizabeth said all nation where the gospel is preached shall call her blessed to crown it all the bible refer to her as the mother of all christian in rev 12:17 then why the argument. The first sign to teach us mary can intercede for is in the wedding in gallilee but i wont say much cos i can see that many are just bent discrediting everything catholic
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by procedure: 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2012
Mary queen of heaven . Their is only one queen of heaven. Asheroth wife of baal. Mary mother of jesus was told by the angel as highly favoured. She was never told she will favor mankind that is the soul responsibility of christ. She never had any spiritual role other than birthing christ in fact she can not hear prayers because she never resurrected only christ did. Dead people cant hear the living and the living can only hear the living so how can mary pray for us in the grave or where.
Re: The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! by debosky(m): 3:46pm On Apr 30, 2012
http://www.voxpopuli.org/response_to_7_common_objections_part1.php

Twisted words of human wisdom - shocking really.

Why Catholics feel a need to insert things into the scripture based on their 'traditions' is still a puzzle to me. We have enough warnings about the Pharisees who replaced the laws with their own traditions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does The Bible Preach Racism? / Christmas Is Not For True Christians / The Problems With God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.