Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Ice block Machine : My Experience Building It Locally - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ice block Machine : My Experience Building It Locally (1541 Views)

In Need Of Used Metcoppo Aluminum Corrugating Machine. My Location: Uyo / Ice Block Chemical - Make Your Water Block Faster / Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ice block Machine : My Experience Building It Locally by Ravern: 6:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
Two iceblock machine I built during the lockdown

just built two locally made ice block machines during the lockdown and below is my experience.

The technician delivered the machine in 5 weeks instead of two weeks we agreed.
Our agreement was that each machine will produce minimum of 70 pcs of ice blocks within 24hours of steady light but that was not possible because it is difficult to have 24hour uninterrupted power supply and again when I fill the machine to capacity it becomes too difficult to harvest the ice block because water expands on freezing. So instead of putting 70 pcs, I normally put 54pcs multiply by two machines, that is about 108 pcs.
Also note what the market wants is not just ice blocks but "dry ice block".
What it means is that after the ice blocks freeze in the machine, you still need to leave it to harden almost turning white though during scarcity buyers may buy both dry and not dry ice blocks.

Another challenge I am having is that it is like the technician that built my own neglected to apply the principle of heat conduction and insulation while building the machine, the upper column of the machine and the door of the machine were not properly protected from heat loss hence the block from the top chamber and the blocks closer to the door of the machine do not freeze at the same rate as those inside the other chambers. I believe those ones at the top and near the door have heat passed to them via the metallic cover or there is a heat transfer from the block to the metals. So I also lose some ice blocks because of this.

Also attention was not not paid to the surface area of the pipe conducting the gas that freezes the water . If there is much gap in between the pipe in the machine, the machine will take longer time, also if the surface area of the pipe can be increase while in contact with the water, the block will freeze faster.

The horsepower and strength of the cooling air conditioner attached to the machine will either make or mar the production of the engine. For instance I withhold 25% of the cost of building the machine until I was sure the ac I agree with the technician worked as it supposed to work. Each of my machine is using 3hp ac and produces dry ice between 24 to 28hrs.

From what I learnt so far, I will build another machine based on my own design and specifications and I will do it when I have the chance to work side by side with the Technician.
The business is a little bit stressful because tying and loading the water is a time consuming process so also harvesting the block but it worth undertaking if one can employ helping hands, provide the alternative power supply as backup or have at least minimumof 16hrs power supply most times, and have the right market to sale.

4 Likes

Re: Ice block Machine : My Experience Building It Locally by nuclearboy(m): 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2020
You tried to contact me?

Re: Ice block Machine : My Experience Building It Locally by OmogeNaija1(f): 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ravern:
Two iceblock machine I built during the lockdown

just built two locally made ice block machines during the lockdown and below is my experience.

The technician delivered the machine in 5 weeks instead of two weeks we agreed.
Our agreement was that each machine will produce minimum of 70 pcs of ice blocks within 24hours of steady light but that was not possible because it is difficult to have 24hour uninterrupted power supply and again when I fill the machine to capacity it becomes too difficult to harvest the ice block because water expands on freezing. So instead of putting 70 pcs, I normally put 54pcs multiply by two machines, that is about 108 pcs.
Also note what the market wants is not just ice blocks but "dry ice block".
What it means is that after the ice blocks freeze in the machine, you still need to leave it to harden almost turning white though during scarcity buyers may buy both dry and not dry ice blocks.

Another challenge I am having is that it is like the technician that built my own neglected to apply the principle of heat conduction and insulation while building the machine, the upper column of the machine and the door of the machine were not properly protected from heat loss hence the block from the top chamber and the blocks closer to the door of the machine do not freeze at the same rate as those inside the other chambers. I believe those ones at the top and near the door have heat passed to them via the metallic cover or there is a heat transfer from the block to the metals. So I also lose some ice blocks because of this.

Also attention was not not paid to the surface area of the pipe conducting the gas that freezes the water . If there is much gap in between the pipe in the machine, the machine will take longer time, also if the surface area of the pipe can be increase while in contact with the water, the block will freeze faster.

The horsepower and strength of the cooling air conditioner attached to the machine will either make or mar the production of the engine. For instance I withhold 25% of the cost of building the machine until I was sure the ac I agree with the technician worked as it supposed to work. Each of my machine is using 3hp ac and produces dry ice between 24 to 28hrs.

From what I learnt so far, I will build another machine based on my own design and specifications and I will do it when I have the chance to work side by side with the Technician.
The business is a little bit stressful because tying and loading the water is a time consuming process so also harvesting the block but it worth undertaking if one can employ helping hands, provide the alternative power supply as backup or have at least minimumof 16hrs power supply most times, and have the right market to sale.

Hi Raven,

It's been 2 years since this post. How is the business coming? Also, were you able to make another one as you said? If you did, how did it do compared to the first two?

I'm considering going into Ice block Making and I want to glean all the information I can.

Kindly respond, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ice block Machine : My Experience Building It Locally by Ravern: 7:46am On Aug 07, 2022
Sorry I came back to this thread late.
The business is ok though each business has its peculiar challenges but it's ok.

Yes I built the last machine september last year. I think that will be the last. The business is slow during the rainy season and that is very understandable so I am eagerly waiting for the the dry season so that things can pick up.
Re: Ice block Machine : My Experience Building It Locally by jorgedan: 6:25am On Nov 14, 2023
Experience unparalleled efficiency with Zhonglian's top-tier mattress making machines, designed to optimize production processes and revolutionize the industry standards. Zhonglian takes pride in offering a range of cutting-edge machinery specifically crafted to enhance efficiency in mattress manufacturing. From high-speed mattress sewing machines to advanced quilting equipment and automated packaging solutions, our top-tier machines ensure swift and precise production lines. Click here to visit zhonglian-machinery.com for more information.

Our commitment goes beyond speed; Zhonglian's machinery is engineered to maintain exceptional quality throughout the manufacturing process. Each machine is meticulously designed to guarantee reliability and consistency, ensuring that every mattress produced meets the highest standards. With Zhonglian's top-tier mattress making machines, manufacturers can maximize productivity while upholding superior quality, setting new benchmarks for efficiency and excellence in the mattress industry. Trust Zhonglian for innovative solutions that redefine efficiency in mattress manufacturing.
Re: Ice block Machine : My Experience Building It Locally by OliviaThomas: 2:37pm On Jan 05
Whether you own a restaurant, convenience store, grocery store or bar, choosing the best type of ice for your establishment can ensure positive customer reviews as well as save you money in the long run. To make this process much more universal, I advise you to learn more about how best to cut a block of ice here
Re: Ice block Machine : My Experience Building It Locally by helleryjoe: 7:45am On Mar 14
Petrel's aluminum profiles for cabinets and storage solutions enhance organizational efficiency in various settings. Designed with precision engineering and durable materials, these profiles offer robust support for shelves, drawers, and other storage components. With customizable options and versatile designs, they adapt to diverse cabinet layouts, maximizing space utilization and organization. The lightweight yet sturdy construction of Petrel's aluminum profiles ensures long-lasting durability and reliable performance, even in high-traffic environments. Whether for residential, commercial, or industrial use, these profiles provide a sleek and modern solution for optimizing storage spaces. Petrel perfiles de aluminio and Experience enhanced organizational efficiency and streamlined storage solutions with Petrel's aluminum profiles for cabinets, designed to meet the unique needs of your space while maintaining durability and functionality.

(1) (Reply)

Old 1kobo Coin Needed In Abuja, Any Amount Will Be Paid / Betnaija Shop Or Keke Napep / Shopping On Ebay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.