Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,009 members, 7,803,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? (440 Views)

FIRS Mulls Collection Of Road Tax From Hairdressers, Carpenters, Drivers, Others / Sesugh Akume To Court: Order Sharia States To Refund VAT From Alcohol / Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? by DenreleDave(m): 7:37am On Nov 09, 2020
Can someone explain the logic behind this to me?

Isn't this daylight cheating on the south?

Re: Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? by DenreleDave(m): 7:41am On Nov 09, 2020
Which one is more dangerous btw Drugs and alcohol?

Isn't this hypocrisy? Why do drugs and don't do alcohol

That is not even my problem... Why should northern state be collecting share from Alcohol?

If someone says Sabon gari people takes alcohol, is it not the same governors of kano state, both previous and current have refused to develop Sabon gari.. Sabon gari looks like a ghetto yet it fetches the highest revenue in Kano state.

I was at Sabon gari at the weekend, i swear that place is becoming worst and I think it is high time the occupant of Sabon gari takes law into their hand and develop their environment...

Sabon Gari is a Sham.......

The north is being hypocrital, honestly

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? by Dede1(m): 7:43am On Nov 09, 2020
This is one of the reasons some people call for disintegration of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? by DenreleDave(m): 7:45am On Nov 09, 2020
Dede1:
This is one of the reasons some people call for disintegration of Nigeria.

As in I don't get it....

Why is zamfara gold their gold and other peoples resources is federal govt property..

Isn't this cheating?

How do we break away from this cheating? Aren't their powerful politicians in the south again?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:47am On Nov 09, 2020
Don't mind them. Bunch of hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:50am On Nov 09, 2020
But are there only Muslims in the North?

At what point exactly was the North considered to be a total Islamic region?

Do you know there are also many Christians even in power in Borno, Adamawa, Kano e.t.c

Thoughts to consider if you want balance in your questions.

I am addressing you headline on the use of the word "North".
Re: Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? by juvewalex(m): 7:52am On Nov 09, 2020
The present structure in Nigeria is favourable to the North and until we restructure our system of government before it will be fair to all.

You destroy alcoholic products in your region as against your religious beliefs and you share from taxes and VAT from what you claim is haram to you but the revenue is not haram.

Hypocrisy of the highest .

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? by illicit(m): 7:55am On Nov 09, 2020
Kano people Sha....

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? by DenreleDave(m): 7:57am On Nov 09, 2020
Jeromejnr:
But are there only Muslims in the North?

At what point exactly was the North considered to be a total Islamic region?

Do you know there are also many Christians even in power in Borno, Adamawa, Kano e.t.c

Thoughts to consider if you want balance in your questions.

I am addressing you headline on the use of the word "North".

It cud av happened in sokoto, Kastina, kaduna and co too.. So north all join...

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Collecting Tax From Alcohol If It Is Prohibited? by abiolert(m): 7:58am On Nov 09, 2020
This people are not serious at all. They should also ban the use of hard drugs which they are known for in the north.

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Set To Be Announced As WTO DG As South Korean Opposition Reportedl / Gov Sule Appreciates President Buhari & VP Osinbajo As He Commissions The Larges / Year In Review: 5 Biggest Political Losers In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.