Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice (55831 Views)

Youths Beat Catholic Priest, Odunze, In Ebonyi For Flogging Councilor's Son / Ritualist Caught, Beaten And Burnt In Ijebu Ode (Graphic Photo) / 7 Fulani Men Burnt In Gboko, Benue State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 09, 2020
Traders burn 10-year-old boy for allegedly stealing food

A 10-year-old boy, Ifeanyi, was on Saturday thrown into a fire for allegedly stealing a small measure of uncooked rice in a market at Inikiri Benard village, Effium community, in the Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the lad’s mother was late, while his father was mentally-challenged.

A community source said, “The boy was thrown into a fire by two traders who accused him of stealing rice from a shop at the market to cook for himself and his father.”

The Chairman of Human Rights Defenders, Ebonyi State chapter, Mr Sam Nweke, condemned the inhuman act meted out to the kid.

He said, “HURIDE got a call from one Mr George Etamesor, on the grave abuse of this poor boy. This was because he was caught trying to steal some rice in their village market. They tied him up, threw him into the fire in a refuse dump in the market and allowed him to roast like a goat.

“The perpetrators are from the village. After committing this evil and seeing the critical condition of their victim, they still abandoned him to groan to death.

“It took the intervention of sympathisers to rush him to AMURT Hospital in Effium. But due to the severe nature of the injuries, boy was denied treatment. Efforts were thereafter made to take him to the Alex Ekwueme Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, where he is currently struggling between life and death.”

Nweke added, “When we inquired from the perpetrators why they went that far in maltreating the boy, they said he had the habit of stealing cassava, yam and others. So this time, they caught him stealing their rice and they decided to teach him a lesson so that he would not come back to steal their food again.

“They said it was not their intention to burn his whole body. They said they only tied him up and after beating him, they tried to roast his toes in the fire, but because he was struggling, he slipped off their hands and fell into the fire and got burnt beyond their expectation. We have reported the incident to the police.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mrs Loveth Odah, said though she was aware of the incident, the police had yet to receive an official complaint on the matter.

She said, “I heard about the ugly incident as a person; it is painful. But the command has not been officially communicated.

“We wanted to arrest those who did this evil thing to the small boy, but the attitude of the human rights group which drew my attention to the incident, is not encouraging. The HURIDE people told us that we should not arrest them for now because they want them (the perpetrators) to first take care of the boy’s medical bills in the hospital. I don’t know why they keep doing this.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/traders-burn-10-year-old-boy-for-allegedly-stealing-food/%3famp=1

3 Likes

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by angelEmade: 9:18am On Nov 09, 2020
fear human beings!
How can anyone do this to their own kind?

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by Trendy247: 9:19am On Nov 09, 2020
Na wa o

8 Likes

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by PussyOdour(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Humans are so cruel. Just cups of rice? I am not justifying stealing but there some things people stole and you know that it was as a result of hunger that made them to. This is so sad and pathetic. I pray justice prevail.

But our leaders who stole even our future are been hail and worshipped. We really have a long way to go.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by slawormiir: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad

and nobody is burning our politicians stealing our future

Initially I thought Africans are a disgrace

But now am beginning to feel Africans are cursed
When a real niggarr heave a sigh of relief and he is about to light up his weed thinking he has heard and seen enough from Africa then another shit pops up

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by GarmentOfWhite: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
End time

1 Like

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by Noerection: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Ibo amaka

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by Moneymagnet24(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Poverty. Nothing else will be the root cause of this. cry

8 Likes

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by Thor4: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
angelEmade:
fear human beings!
How can anyone do this to their own kind?
Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by Emmyreal4(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Animals in human form

3 Likes

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by lailo: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
they only burnt the stealing spirit
Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by davillian(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Rice
Na wa o
Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by Noerection: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Na dem

8 Likes

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by DamnnNiggarr: 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
Noerection:
Ibo amaka
I didn't see you on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6242561/2-killed-riot-cross-river#95841115

but here you're vomiting bile because it's now in Ebonyi State,
You guys should not come over to 2021 with this kind of character or else, we might face what we are facing now come 2021

[img]https://media./images/45d42e2cac7fa8c03d1a25a7020bbc66/tenor.gif[/img]

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by Tonyspecial(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
very bad

5 Likes

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by Kevinsamba: 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
Their toes should be burnt too
Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by tundchip2: 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:

The HURIDE people told us that we should not arrest them for now because they want them (the perpetrators) to first take care of the boy’s medical bills in the hospital. I don’t know why they keep doing this.”
Kai, this country is gone.

1 Like

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by lekki1444: 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
zoogeria ass niggas
Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by Omoslim26: 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
Fake news

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by P1PrinceKT(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
Shari'a barbarians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by FunkyAlhaji2015: 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
These people are just barbaric. The kinds of crime you hear them commit is simply so cruel.

They should just have their country pls. Burning a child for allegedly stealing few cups of rice?? I can just get over it. That's the highest form of inhumanity

20 Likes

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by kiddkash(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
Damnnnn! they've tattoo'd this boy for life

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by money121(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
Ok

2 Likes

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by EdiskyHarry: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
Very bad
Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by FREEMADNESS: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
this Ebonyi people and Hausa's are the same. always acting like animals. for crying out loud the boy was just hungry and needs to feed his mentally challenged father also.

if this story is true then I pray the culprits gets 60,000yrs of suffering with hard labour

21 Likes

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by phransix2: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
See ehn honestly I'm tired of all these news.
Let's restructure this country and bring governance closer to the people...

2 Likes

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by essenjack(m): 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
10year old that is still learning. Nawao!

1 Like

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by Moferere: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
When we say there is POVERTY in the East, they will criticise us.

When we say they are unfair to themselves, they will call us Afonja.

Make una see am now, how person go tie and throw a 10 year old boy into fire.

10 years old o, boy wey still dey do I.T for stealing.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by masterP042(m): 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
I'm an Igbo but sometimes I just thank the stars that the jihadists didn't get to us first before the white missionaries. The kind strong heart we get eh. It is unimaginable. Even the Christianity we carry am for head like extremists. This trump saga has really opened my eyes, how the fvck do we support a racist just because he's a Christian, how are we different from northerners that support dictatorial buhari because he's a Muslim.
If our hearts are pure, there's no reason the world and even other tribes won't support our biafra struggle. But how can they, when our brothers are in their prisons for drugs, cultism and other crimes. They've found out that we only owe our loyalty to money and wealth, and anyone whose loyalty hinges on money can't be trusted, cos he'll sell u out to the highest bidder.
Rip young Ifeanyi

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10-Year-Old Boy Burnt In Ebonyi For Stealing Cups Of Rice by DropsMic(m): 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
Poverty and hunger has turned Nigerians to beasts..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brazilian Prisoner Dug 230ft Long Tunnel Under His Cell's Toilet, Died Escaping / 4 Nigerian Fraudsters Arrested In Canada (Photo) / Two Boys Nabbed With Coffin Filled With Panties, Brassieres In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.