Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria (571 Views)

Nigerian Communities Are Free To Dialogue With Bandits – Defence Minister Speaks / Nnamdi Kanu Poses With Ipob Members After Erev Shabbat In Israel(photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive, Spotted In Jerusalem Praying, Poses With IPOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria by Tofax: 9:27am On Nov 09, 2020
Orji says if Buhari does not discuss with IPOB, they will continue to give him trouble.
Former Governor of Abia State, who now represents Abia Central in the Senate, Theodore Orji has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to have a conversation with the leadership of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafran to avoid trouble in the country.
Orji said this on Sunday, November 8, 2020, in an interview with journalists as part of activities to mark his 70th birthday celebration.
The senator said dialogue with IPOB members is one of the best ways to achieve peace in the South-East region, adding that the Igbo, which has been crying of marginalization deserved a listening ear rather than the use of force.
Orji said, “ If there are dissident voices, the president should call them and discuss with them.
“He should find out the cause of their agitation and work out ways to address their grievances.
” He should see how he can bring them in and fully integrate them into the system.
“That is what will solve the problem of the country. Call the dissident voices to a conference.
“There is nothing bad in discussing with the IPOB. If you don’t discuss with them, they will continue to give you trouble.
“We can’t be happy when other regions have six states and we have five. It shows that we are marginalised and cheated. That is what is causing the agitation in the region.
“ Some groups are agitating that the zone should be a country on its own. Others are demanding restructuring because it is glaring that the South-East is being marginalised.
“ If you treat me fairly like you treat other persons and I’m convinced that you are sincere, I will not complain. It is when I look around me and I see that I am being marginalised and treated like a second-class citizen that would make people be agitating.”
Orji maintained that the South-East region remained marginalised being the only region with just five states. He added that the region with a major tribe is the only one that has not produced a President of Nigeria since 1999.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/senator-orji-asks-buhari-to-dialogue-with-ipob-to-avoid-trouble-in-nigeria/4plfjmk
Re: Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria by Jones4190(m): 9:37am On Nov 09, 2020
we don't negotiate with terrorist

1 Like

Re: Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria by Gongy22: 9:39am On Nov 09, 2020
Bad move
Re: Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria by wakaman: 9:40am On Nov 09, 2020
grin grin
What a dream?

Buhari negotiate with nnamdi k_anus.

May be in biafra heaven grin

1 Like

Re: Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria by limeta(f): 9:40am On Nov 09, 2020
This mumu want to be president of the zoo
2023 i hope the youths takes over better still every region carry their cross.
Re: Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria by fergie001: 9:46am On Nov 09, 2020
mtchewwwww.....

Go and relax somewhere Sir.
Re: Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria by Ever8090: 10:27am On Nov 09, 2020
Dialogue with ipob for what and who will represent them when of dilector don jakpa go UK dey flex him life?..

1 Like

Re: Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria by Pax101: 10:37am On Nov 09, 2020
We don't need dialogue.

All we want is Biafra.

Is it too much to ask?
Re: Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria by Samunique(m): 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2020
limeta:
This mumu want to be president of the zoo
2023 i hope the youths takes over better still every region carry their cross.

Honestly, there's no region in this present Nigeria that is as confused as the South East !

Today they cry of marginalization in Nigeria, tommorow they want their own country, next tommorow, they must produce the president come 2023 in the same country they want to secede from.

I don't understand again !!!
Re: Senator Orji Asks Buhari To Dialogue With IPOB To Avoid Trouble In Nigeria by ludd2018: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2020
All we want is Biafra. Is marriage by force? We want out

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Incites Violence, Call Him To Order – Igbo Group Tells UK, Israel / Donald Duke: Security Operatives Selling Weapons To Boko Haram / Katsina School Attack Turns Buhari's Private Visit To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.