Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation (913 Views)

UNIBEN Final-Year Student Drowns In Ekosodin River As Police Arrest 2 Friends / Ezeoma Chiedozie: UNN Biochemistry Student Drowns At Adada Waterfall / DELSU Final Year Student Dies After Experiencing Severe Menstrual Pain (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by liltee123(m): 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2020
A final year law student of the Delta State University (DELSU) Oleh campus, identified as Tenumah Jeffery Omatseyi, has drowned in a hotel swimming pool.

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Friday, November 6, at Graceland Hotel in Irri, Isoko South Local Government Area of the state.

The deceased who hailed from Warri, was set to graduate in two weeks. A photo posted online shows blood stains all over his body.

Confirming the incident, President of Student Union Government of DELSU Oleh campus, Innocent, demanded investigation into the death of their colleague, adding that statements made by the hotel management and the police are conflicting.

"We want to know how our colleague died. Jeffery is to graduate in a few weeks’ time but suddenly lost his life in a hotel swimming pool. All students should stay away from that hotel." he said.

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya, who confirmed the incident on Monday, November 9, said the student was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed death by a doctor.

"Yes, a young boy , who they later found out to be a student, died at the swimming pool. They said he came to swim and unfortunately drowned in the pool . By the time he was rushed to a hospital, doctor confirmed him dead." said the PPRO.

Few months ago, the deceased who actively participated in the nationwide #EndSARS protest, had shared a story on a Law Facebook page on how he made a promise to his twin sister to bring home his LL.B certificate.

"I am Tenumah Omatseye Jeffrey, known as Jephizzy on another level. School has never loved me and to be honest, the feeling is mutual. But just like Martin Luther King, I had a dream and that dream was to study Mass Communication after Secondary School. This was driven by the desire to go to Lagos and venture into the Entertainment Industry," he wrote.

"My dream was not mine alone, as my twin Sister also wanted to study Law but for some human unforeseen emergencies, that dream eluded her. I made a promise to her, who shared the same space with me for 9 Months that I shall bring that LL.B certificate she has always desired home. And if it’s possible have her name inscribed as the holder."

Meanwhile, friends, classmates and colleagues have taken to Facebook to mourn his death. In his tribute, one Edafeyivwotu Famous Onoriode, said he had been eagerly looking forward to congratulating on his graduation after 9 years of toiling.

"Jephizzy, Like you always said "DEATH IS A DEBT OWED FOR LIFE IS BORROWED" You left too early. I've been struck in unfathtomable awe as to how and why you left so so soon my brother my friend," he wrote.

"I'm supposed to write a congratulatory post for you next two weeks upon your graduation as a law student after 9 years of toiling and struggling same way I did on your birthday October 26th this year. Tenumah Omatseye Jeffrey you left too early. Jeff your sun rose too early. How do you expect your mum, Jennifer and the host of us you left behind without a notice to cope? Jephizzy if it's possible please come back if not sit majestically at the right hand side of God D Father till the Resurrection morning when we shall meet to part no more.
Tenumah Jeffrey Omatseye. AKPOKEDOFA!!!"

Another colleague described late Jeffrey as creative and smart. A great writer and poet.

"Jephizzy was a proper friend of the house. He was intelligent, creative, smart, innovative, eloquent, authentic, original, and artistic. This meant that he was capable of blending into almost all spheres of original contents developed by our parent company, ”House Amare”, owners of LSWK World, Wise Yarns, KN-Max Foundation, and K-Circle to mention a few," he wrote.

"As a law student that he was, we discussed the possibility of working on various legal contents in dimensions never imagined. He wasn't just a quick learner, he was capable of improving on your idea on the spot! This he did seamlessly. He was born to be great. He was loved by everyone. He was humble to a fault. He was meek and always willing to help his friends and partners. He was a poet, a writer, an entertainer and a lawyer-in-equity as is said of law students/bar aspirants."

See photos below;

https://okakasite.com/forums/topic/delsu-final-year-law-student-drowns-in-hotel-swimming-pool-two-weeks-to-graduation/

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by liltee123(m): 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2020
liltee123:
A final year law student of the Delta State University (DELSU) Oleh campus, identified as Tenumah Jeffery Omatseyi, has drowned in a hotel swimming pool.

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Friday, November 6, at Graceland Hotel in Irri, Isoko South Local Government Area of the state.

The deceased who hailed from Warri, was set to graduate in two weeks. A photo posted online shows blood stains all over his body.

Confirming the incident, President of Student Union Government of DELSU Oleh campus, Innocent, demanded investigation into the death of their colleague, adding that statements made by the hotel management and the police are conflicting.

"We want to know how our colleague died. Jeffery is to graduate in a few weeks’ time but suddenly lost his life in a hotel swimming pool. All students should stay away from that hotel." he said.

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya, who confirmed the incident on Monday, November 9, said the student was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed death by a doctor.

"Yes, a young boy , who they later found out to be a student, died at the swimming pool. They said he came to swim and unfortunately drowned in the pool . By the time he was rushed to a hospital, doctor confirmed him dead." said the PPRO.

Few months ago, the deceased who actively participated in the nationwide #EndSARS protest, had shared a story on a Law Facebook page on how he made a promise to his twin sister to bring home his LL.B certificate.

"I am Tenumah Omatseye Jeffrey, known as Jephizzy on another level. School has never loved me and to be honest, the feeling is mutual. But just like Martin Luther King, I had a dream and that dream was to study Mass Communication after Secondary School. This was driven by the desire to go to Lagos and venture into the Entertainment Industry," he wrote.

"My dream was not mine alone, as my twin Sister also wanted to study Law but for some human unforeseen emergencies, that dream eluded her. I made a promise to her, who shared the same space with me for 9 Months that I shall bring that LL.B certificate she has always desired home. And if it’s possible have her name inscribed as the holder."

Meanwhile, friends, classmates and colleagues have taken to Facebook to mourn his death. In his tribute, one Edafeyivwotu Famous Onoriode, said he had been eagerly looking forward to congratulating on his graduation after 9 years of toiling.

"Jephizzy, Like you always said "DEATH IS A DEBT OWED FOR LIFE IS BORROWED" You left too early. I've been struck in unfathtomable awe as to how and why you left so so soon my brother my friend," he wrote.

"I'm supposed to write a congratulatory post for you next two weeks upon your graduation as a law student after 9 years of toiling and struggling same way I did on your birthday October 26th this year. Tenumah Omatseye Jeffrey you left too early. Jeff your sun rose too early. How do you expect your mum, Jennifer and the host of us you left behind without a notice to cope? Jephizzy if it's possible please come back if not sit majestically at the right hand side of God D Father till the Resurrection morning when we shall meet to part no more.
Tenumah Jeffrey Omatseye. AKPOKEDOFA!!!"

Another colleague described late Jeffrey as creative and smart. A great writer and poet.

"Jephizzy was a proper friend of the house. He was intelligent, creative, smart, innovative, eloquent, authentic, original, and artistic. This meant that he was capable of blending into almost all spheres of original contents developed by our parent company, ”House Amare”, owners of LSWK World, Wise Yarns, KN-Max Foundation, and K-Circle to mention a few," he wrote.

"As a law student that he was, we discussed the possibility of working on various legal contents in dimensions never imagined. He wasn't just a quick learner, he was capable of improving on your idea on the spot! This he did seamlessly. He was born to be great. He was loved by everyone. He was humble to a fault. He was meek and always willing to help his friends and partners. He was a poet, a writer, an entertainer and a lawyer-in-equity as is said of law students/bar aspirants."

See photos below;

https://okakasite.com/forums/topic/delsu-final-year-law-student-drowns-in-hotel-swimming-pool-two-weeks-to-graduation/

More photos

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by uchaymart(m): 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2020
Drowned? Why is blood seen all over his body??

RIP brother

1 Like

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Brandonx(m): 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2020
There's more to this story undecided
The guy sounds like a cultists to me.
Just my observation.

RIP to the Lad.

1 Like

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by GreatInRock(f): 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
uchaymart:

RIP brother

Exactly my thought.
Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by liltee123(m): 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2020
uchaymart:

RIP brother

Exactly, there is more to the story. Probably he was killed before being dump into the pool
Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by duduade: 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
Brandonx:
There's more to this story undecided
The guy sounds like a cultists to me.
Just my observation.

RIP to the Lad.

You too observe am

This is clearly a *hit*
Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2020
Someone that drowned with blood all over his body, this guy is clearly a cultist killed by a rival cult group
Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Snitch24(m): 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2020
Op ur story get as e be ooh
Why is the body bloody
This case should be investigated
Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by ValCon888: 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2020
He drowned and there are blood stains on his body.
Hmmm... I didn't know water can torture somebody to death.

1 Like

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by bossvinqualad25(m): 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2020
RIP bro, For professional touches on your offices, homes, estates, schools etc reach out to prolific Giant cleaning services to give you the best, A trial will convince you
Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Abcruz(m): 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2020
Drowned with blood stains?
Rest in peace to the dead but the circumstances surrounding his demise seems sketchy.

(1) (Reply)

Waec For Matured Student / 2020/2021 Waec | Jamb | Jupeb Registration And Lectures. / Student Who Scored 196 In JAMB, Becomes UNILORIN 2020 Best Graduating Student..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.