Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Irrigation System Installation And Kit - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Irrigation System Installation And Kit (11216 Views)

Best Irrigation System For Your Farm At Affordable Prices. / How to Plant Plantain Suckers In Dry Season Without Irrigation System 100% Yield / Obiano Inspects Rice Irrigation At Ogbaru As Anambra Targets 600,000 MT Of Rice (2) (3) (4)

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2020
uche393:

I have access to an overhead tank, so I think I don't need pressure pump

what will I buy or Budget for 1plot irrigation without without pumping machine
those selling the materials will answer THIS questions

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Famocious19(m): 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
Gentle question:

Is it feasible to a link rain gun directly to a pressure pump machine?
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Idemujoseph: 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
lay the pipe,join with PVC gum, peg with Baboo pieces to brace it firm.
sir, is there any advantage of using 2 inches PVC pipe compare to 1 inche pipe below

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
Famocious19:
Gentle question:

Is it feasible to a link rain gun directly to a pressure pump machine?
smile@gentle question, but anything feasibility is kind long grin cheesy cheesy. To your question Yes

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
Idemujoseph:
sir, is there any advantage of using 2 inches PVC pipe compare to 1 inche pipe below
to my knowledge, 2 inches will be more faster especially if you are cultivating acres or hectares. I prefer flat hose to any kind of pvc because of it mobility, though am still using PVC at the moment. You can do your system anyhow it's suit you, I have seen someone using 3 inch pipe.
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Idemujoseph: 6:05am On Nov 28, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
to my knowledge, 2 inches will be more faster especially if you are cultivating acres or hectares. I prefer flat hose to any kind of pvc because of it mobility, though am still using PVC at the moment. You can do your system anyhow it's suit you, I have seen someone using 3 inch pipe.
Thank you boss
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:51pm On Nov 28, 2020
This is the underground pipe I lebel in mine sketch, it has to be underground because it a road where motor and motor cycle pass often.

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by bobschneidere(m): 3:34am On Dec 03, 2020
What type irrigation would you recommend for one who is doing yam farming ?
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:32am On Dec 04, 2020
bobschneidere:
What type irrigation would you recommend for one who is doing yam farming ?
to begin with,do you think it economical make sense to irrigate yam for commercial purpose? Because I don't think so. How much will you sell one after the own trouble? To your question try rain gun.
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2020
Where hose connect with PVC in my sketch

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2020
When you have sloppy ridges, you will notice the water not dropping on the appropriate spot,so gently tie rope on the emitter spot, rotate the tied rope until it drops to the Right spot.

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Boldtouch: 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
When you have sloppy ridges, you will notice the water not dropping on the appropriate spot,so gently tie rope on the emitter spot, rotate the tied rope until it drops to the Right spot.
Thanks a million for sharing this wonderful
and life impacting thread.
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by tpben: 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:

How often do you irrigate and for how long?
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2020
tpben:

How often do you irrigate and for how long?
it depends, sometimes I irrigate once in a day, sometime twice,30 minutes,why sometimes 15 minutes. Bottom line, when you are use to your crop, you will know when. Based on my experience 15 minute in the morning and 17 minute in the evening will do during this dry season.
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Jovar(m): 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2020
Well nursed, nourished and very fertile hybrid dwarf guava seedlings available. It has higher yield, bigger fruits and more fruits per tree per season.

Other dwarf hybrid seedlings available:
Ugu seedlings
Teak seedlings
Cashew seedlings
Pineapple Suckers
Bell apple seedling
Sugar apple seedling
Strawberry seedlings
Noni plant seedlings
Pomegranate seedlings
Xylopia (eeru) seedling
African walnut seedling
Grafted mango seedlings
Alfalfa seeds and seedlings
Soursop Seeds and Seedlings
Passion fruit seed and seedling
Dwarf Hybrid Coconut Seedlings
Jumbo guava seeds and seedlings
Dwarf pawpaw seeds and seedlings
Jackfruit / Breadfruit (Nut / Yam type)
Cocoa seedlings, pods & dried raw seeds
Dwarf Semi Arid/ Wambugu apple seedling
Dwarf Oilpalm seedlings(Tenera & Super Gene)
Avocado seedling
Local Pear (Ube) seedling
Hass Avocado(Pear) seedlings
Irvingia gabonensis(oro) seedling
Irvingia wombulu(ogbono) seedling
Cameroon plantain suckers and plantlet
Giant cavendish banana suckers and plantlet
Sweet orange, Grape vine , Lisbon and Indian Lemon, Tangerlo, and double budded seedling of all citrus species
and many other seedlings...

We're behind the Glo office in Challenge, Ibadan, Oyo State, you can visit for self pickup, or we help send to anywhere through transport easily.

Jovar Resources™ (RC 2875407)
Call or Whatsapp 08036399734
Call to buy now to enjoy discount.

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Yemighty2(m): 1:03am On Dec 14, 2020
Pls can I Know why the emitter hole is facing up
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:36am On Dec 14, 2020
Yemighty2:
Pls can I Know why the emitter hole is facing up
that is the normal way
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by tpben: 11:36am On Dec 14, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
that is the normal way
What's the reason?
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Yemighty2(m): 11:52am On Dec 14, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
that is the normal way
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by hadex90(m): 5:14am On Dec 26, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
to my knowledge there is 3 type of flat hose; blue hose@100meters 18k, black hose@100 meters 36k and green hose 29k here in akure. At the moment am using green hose because it is thick and can also serve black hose function.
very educative and life changing thread, God bless u. my question is, how many 100m drip tape will be enough for 3 plot?
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:31am On Dec 26, 2020
hadex90:

very educative and life changing thread, God bless u. my question is, how many 100m drip tape will be enough for 3 plot?

2000meters

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2020
This is the remain part of mine sketch.

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by bfag: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2020
You are really doing a great job keep it up brother, God bless your work
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by bfag: 10:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
Thanks brother you have saved me the sum of 10k somebody was demanding to get it installed for me.i love the way you paid attention to every detail. I had searched the net for this but yours stood tall among others you are really a blessing to Farmers in nairaland. thanks

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2021
bfag:
Thanks brother you have saved me the sum of 10k somebody was demanding to get it installed for me.i love the way you paid attention to every detail. I had searched the net for this but yours stood tall among others you are really a blessing to Farmers in nairaland. thanks
thanks bro, I appreciate this like seriously! More loading

Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by UltimateTipster(m): 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
I sell hoses and couplings for your pressure machines, didferent sizes and BAR... We sell at a very good rate as we import them. Kindly patronize us. Thanks
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by bfag: 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2021
I did my installation of the drip tape today and it's working fine only experienced some glitches at the point of making holes on the pipe and my water was wasting at the washer points thereby reducing the pressure of the water on the drip line am considering using gum other than pvc gum if it can prevent or reduce the leakages. I also discovered that the drip was not supplying through out the line the length of the drip per ridge is about 90m what should I do to correct this thanks.
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:15am On Jan 07, 2021
bfag:
I did my installation of the drip tape today and it's working fine only experienced some glitches at the point of making holes on the pipe and my water was wasting at the washer points thereby reducing the pressure of the water on the drip line am considering using gum other than pvc gum if it can prevent or reduce the leakages. I also discovered that the drip was not supplying through out the line the length of the drip per ridge is about 90m what should I do to correct this thanks.
I had similar issue,I used gum and it worked, just make sure water is not running when you are doing it. Increase the pressure,if it still not supply then you will need to divide the tap into two,close some then open some ( watch time, maybe after every 10 minutes)
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by bfag: 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2021
Thanks bro. I don't know if you can remember I was the one who called about a month ago agriculture graduate and resides in Akure
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:10am On Jan 09, 2021
bfag:
Thanks bro. I don't know if you can remember I was the one who called about a month ago agriculture graduate and resides in Akure
getting a lot of calls this day, somebody called me yesterday about leaking PVC, and I thought it was you. Hope your system is working now?
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by bfag: 11:11am On Jan 09, 2021
Am yet to rectify the line bro, am currently installing the remaining drip at the one plot beside my house .
Re: Irrigation System Installation And Kit by FarmTech(m): 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
If you follow above instructions, this what your system will look like. To be continue....@farmtech hope you no dey vex, say I dey storm una site with pictures?
Just seeing this now. Why shud I vex bro? That u are doing a gud job?

Concrete Pond Vs Earthen Pond / 250,000 Kebbi Farmers To Become Millionaires / Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming