Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Sincere Christians, Place Your Eyes Back On The Savior Of The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Christians, Place Your Eyes Back On The Savior Of The World (286 Views)

What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? / Stories Behind Great Hymns.... .pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior / Why All Reasonable And Sincere Christians Must Submit To The Holy Qur'an (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sincere Christians, Place Your Eyes Back On The Savior Of The World by eviana3(f): 12:26am On Nov 10, 2020
I do not discuss politics with anyone at all...and all of my family respect my decision and don't press me.
I do not "root" for anyone...regardless of the side of the coin.
One can never know what truly goes on behind the scenes. Sometimes, what appears to be genuine gold could be just baseless metal.
But I respect my country's democratic and free process.
What I know is that I fully respect the "office of the presidency" and would never speak in a negative manner about my president, the vice-president or his cabinet to my own fellow Americans, let alone a foreign country.
I give to "Caesar what is Caesar's" and most importantly, to "God what is God's".
Just as President Trump receives my respect for the office he holds currently, former vice-President Biden will also have my respect for the office come January if all goes as expected.

We don't know why things have occurred the way they have.
What we do know is that our God has allowed it and His purpose will be accomplished ultimately.
It is our duty to PRAY for leaders of our nations.....even if they may appear to not be "deserving" of it.
President Trump and former Vice-President Biden BOTH need prayers.
Prayers (with all due respect) that will lead BOTH men to have a real, sincere, deep, and personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ that people can see...which has been lacking on both ends....regardless of each man's words.

Unfortunately, several scoffers out here, especially there in Nigeria, via Nairaland (of 2 groups: one secular and the other non-secular), seem to be rejoicing about one man's downfall and another's rise, and castigating a large percentage of people who identify as Christians because of an apparent strongly-held, sincere faith that they showed pertaining to the outcome of my country's elections.
Also as seen even here on this section, lots of agitators exist, who are so happy to see what they "think is the destruction of Christianity".
I cannot speak to the mockers and scoffers. I can only pray for them sincerely that one day before it is too late that they surrender to Jesus.
It is only the Holy Spirit that can break through a hardened, demonically possessed, stony heart.

On the flip side, I find it humbling and gracious in a way, that sincere and genuine Christian foreigners would be so invested in another country's leader.
That means that they were trying to view the election from a spiritual angle--one in which they felt the candidate (on one side) with the more "spiritual" side would be victorious, if I have interpreted that correctly.
Christians, this is to you.
I want to encourage you to not give up. Nothing (regardless of what may have or may not have happened ) has taken The Lord by surprise.
Think about the hymn, "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus".
Prophetic events that will usher in Christ' second coming will happen regardless of "who" is in the seat of presidency.
Trust should NOT EVER FULLY BE PLACED IN "MAN".

Let us not forget what happened when the children of Israel demanded for a human king, when it was God Himself who wanted to be their "king" (1 Samuel 8:1-22).
They cried and cried until they received King Saul (who was appointed...or allowed by God) the right to rule over them.
We know what ultimately happened to King Saul....who began correctly, but later apostasized and lost his soul. (1 Samuel 28) shares some of his later fatal choices.
He will, unfortunately, not be in the kingdom of Heaven.
Placing trust in God and having believed in something so heavily (that did not yield the hoped for/expected end) does not make you a loser, nor should you lose your faith.
Signs and wonder are for the unbelievers...it is they who must see a specific sign in order to believe.

Remember to be like the (3) Hebrew boys to King Nebuchadnezzar when they were told to worship the image that directly conflicted with their obligation to the Heavenly Creator :
Daniel 3:15-18 (KJV)
15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up

Reminder: They DID NOT forget their Creator...to whom the utmost obligation was theirs to give...regardless.
Their trust was fully in Him.

Romans 8:28 (KJV) says,
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Psalm 75:5-7 (KJV)
6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.

Proverbs 15:3 (KJV)
3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

Psalm 118:8 (KJV)

8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

Be Encouraged.......there are a ton of hymns that can help strengthen you!
Re: Sincere Christians, Place Your Eyes Back On The Savior Of The World by Eviana(f): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2023
I know that this is a very intense week for Nigerians....emotions on 100.
As the country is weighing so heavily on my heart, I went back to this thread I created in 2020 when my country had just announced the election results.
Nigerians--especially the Christians--were so heavily invested. The results did not reveal what so many believed "was a sure thing", "a done deal".

All I want to say, as I am not a political junkie, is that just as Nigeria and the world were watching our elections back in 2020, a massive portion of the world is watching yours.... very intently. More prayers have and are going up for this specific election probably more than any election in the past 10 years or so.

However, I say to you "now" what I said to you above in 2020:
The Almighty Lord sits on His throne and still is, was and forever will be God NO MATTER THE RESULTS.
Pray for His Will to be done--even if you have a specific candidate.

We can never fully know the mind of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. He graciously allows us to know what we NEED to know for now. Nothing escapes God---nothing at all. No devices of men, affairs of men, motives--be they good or bad etc...nothing. And you guys need to know that.

Know that Nigeria is being heavily lifted to the Lord concerning the 25th.

The same scriptures I left above I will leave here.

Romans 8:28 (KJV)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.

8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man

Be encouraged....
Re: Sincere Christians, Place Your Eyes Back On The Savior Of The World by FarmTech(m): 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2023
Eviana:
As the country is weighing so heavily on my heart, I went back to this thread I created in 2020 when my country had just announced the election results.
Nigerians--especially the Christians--were so heavily invested. The results did not reveal what so many believed "was a sure thing", "a done deal".

All I want to say, as I am not a political junkie, is that just as Nigeria and the world were watching our elections back in 2020, a massive portion of the world is watching yours.... very intently. More prayers have and are going up for this specific election probably more than any election in the past 10 years or so.

The Almighty Lord sits on His throne and still is, was and forever will be God NO MATTER THE RESULTS.

We can never fully know the mind of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. He graciously allows us to know what we NEED to know for now. Nothing escapes God---nothing at all. No devices of men, affairs of men, motives--be they good or bad etc...nothing. And you guys need to know that.

Be encouraged....

May God give us Peter Obi but may His will be done. I can't wait to hear the election result!

1 Like

Re: Sincere Christians, Place Your Eyes Back On The Savior Of The World by Eviana(f): 1:24pm On Mar 01, 2023
Be Encouraged.....
Eviana:

Be encouraged....

Re: Sincere Christians, Place Your Eyes Back On The Savior Of The World by annyplenty(m): 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
eviana3:
I do not discuss politics with anyone at all...and all of my family respect my decision and don't press me.
I do not "root" for anyone...regardless of the side of the coin.
One can never know what truly goes on behind the scenes. Sometimes, what appears to be genuine gold could be just baseless metal.
But I respect my country's democratic and free process.
What I know is that I fully respect the "office of the presidency" and would never speak in a negative manner about my president, the vice-president or his cabinet to my own fellow Americans, let alone a foreign country.
I give to "Caesar what is Caesar's" and most importantly, to "God what is God's".
Just as President Trump receives my respect for the office he holds currently, former vice-President Biden will also have my respect for the office come January if all goes as expected.

We don't know why things have occurred the way they have.
What we do know is that our God has allowed it and His purpose will be accomplished ultimately.
It is our duty to PRAY for leaders of our nations.....even if they may appear to not be "deserving" of it.
President Trump and former Vice-President Biden BOTH need prayers.
Prayers (with all due respect) that will lead BOTH men to have a real, sincere, deep, and personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ that people can see...which has been lacking on both ends....regardless of each man's words.

Unfortunately, several scoffers out here, especially there in Nigeria, via Nairaland (of 2 groups: one secular and the other non-secular), seem to be rejoicing about one man's downfall and another's rise, and castigating a large percentage of people who identify as Christians because of an apparent strongly-held, sincere faith that they showed pertaining to the outcome of my country's elections.
Also as seen even here on this section, lots of agitators exist, who are so happy to see what they "think is the destruction of Christianity".
I cannot speak to the mockers and scoffers. I can only pray for them sincerely that one day before it is too late that they surrender to Jesus.
It is only the Holy Spirit that can break through a hardened, demonically possessed, stony heart.

On the flip side, I find it humbling and gracious in a way, that sincere and genuine Christian foreigners would be so invested in another country's leader.
That means that they were trying to view the election from a spiritual angle--one in which they felt the candidate (on one side) with the more "spiritual" side would be victorious, if I have interpreted that correctly.
Christians, this is to you.
I want to encourage you to not give up. Nothing (regardless of what may have or may not have happened ) has taken The Lord by surprise.
Think about the hymn, "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus".
Prophetic events that will usher in Christ' second coming will happen regardless of "who" is in the seat of presidency.
Trust should NOT EVER FULLY BE PLACED IN "MAN".

Let us not forget what happened when the children of Israel demanded for a human king, when it was God Himself who wanted to be their "king" (1 Samuel 8:1-22).
They cried and cried until they received King Saul (who was appointed...or allowed by God) the right to rule over them.
We know what ultimately happened to King Saul....who began correctly, but later apostasized and lost his soul. (1 Samuel 28) shares some of his later fatal choices.
He will, unfortunately, not be in the kingdom of Heaven.
Placing trust in God and having believed in something so heavily (that did not yield the hoped for/expected end) does not make you a loser, nor should you lose your faith.
Signs and wonder are for the unbelievers...it is they who must see a specific sign in order to believe.

Remember to be like the (3) Hebrew boys to King Nebuchadnezzar when they were told to worship the image that directly conflicted with their obligation to the Heavenly Creator :
Daniel 3:15-18 (KJV)
15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up

Reminder: They DID NOT forget their Creator...to whom the utmost obligation was theirs to give...regardless.
Their trust was fully in Him.

Romans 8:28 (KJV) says,

8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

Be Encouraged.......there are a ton of hymns that can help strengthen you!

So true. God bless you
Re: Sincere Christians, Place Your Eyes Back On The Savior Of The World by Eviana(f): 1:46am On Mar 02, 2023
annyplenty:

So true. God bless you

Amen-all praise belongs to Him.
Interestingly enough, I also personally needed my own reminder post.
May God bless you as well.

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Did Not Die For My Sins / [sermon]: The Wonders Of Divine Contact (3) – Pastor Adeboye / Get N30K Or More This December For Doing Some Little Things With Your Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.