Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 (12958 Views)

NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today / NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by blazesam(m): 2:36am On Nov 10, 2020
The Nigerian Communications Commission says the trial of the fifth generation mobile network shows that there is no health hazard associated with the use of the technology.

The commission in a draft consultation document on Deployment of Fifth Generation Mobile Technology in Nigeria published on Monday stated that the trial was conducted in six cities – Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Kano and Calabar.

The regulatory body said the tests were conducted in accordance with the 1998 International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection guidelines for general public exposure to varying electromagnetic fields, which were in force at the time of the trials.

It said the results of EMF radiation indicated that the highest radiation at 26 GHz millimeter wave at 5m away from source was 4.3 per cent and at 30m from the source was 0.14 per cent.

It added that the highest radiation at 3.5 GHz at 5m away from the source was 11.4 per cent and at 30m away from the source was 1.9 per cent of ICNIRP specification of 61 v/m for frequency range 2-300 GHz.
These results are far below the ICNIRP specification for protection of members of the public in the Guidelines and therefore suggest that no public health hazards are expected from the use of 5G in Nigeria,” the NCC said.

The telecoms regulator stated that the deployment of the new network in the country would be done in two phases.

It said the phase one, which involves deployment based on the non-standalone approach, would commence in 2021.

According to the NCC, the phase two based on the stand-alone approach, which relies on new spectrum allocations, will commence in 2022.

“The current race to deploy 5G networks is targeted at providing citizens with the benefits of the technology while at the same time enabling the activation of the digital economy,” it said.

The telecoms regulator stated that the deployment of the new network in the country would be done in two phases.

It said the phase one, which involves deployment based on the non-standalone approach, would commence in 2021.

According to the NCC, the phase two based on the stand-alone approach, which relies on new spectrum allocations, will commence in 2022.

“The current race to deploy 5G networks is targeted at providing citizens with the benefits of the technology while at the same time enabling the activation of the digital economy,” it said.

The regulatory body said ‘5G network deployment will rely on the availability of sufficient radio spectrum at the low, medium and high-frequency bands to provide for the different use cases and applications’.

“While some of these frequencies will be newly assigned for 5G network deployment, others will have to be re-farmed from other existing communication services,” it added.

The commission said 24.25-27.5 GHz, 37-43.5 GHz, 45.5-47 GHz, 47.2-48.2 GHz, and 66-71 GHz were globally recognised spectrum bands for 5G deployment.

It said the bands were available and not assigned to operators at the moment except the 26 GHz band, where an operator currently had an assignment of two slots of 2 X 28 MHz each in the old plan.

The industry regulator promised that the operator would be vacated and the band licensed based on the new TDD plan.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/5g-not-hazardous-to-be-deployed-in-2021-ncc/%3famp=1

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Nobody: 3:05am On Nov 10, 2020
I'm tired of this frikkin' 4G/LTE shit!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Buharidgeneral: 3:42am On Nov 10, 2020
Pastor Chris how market?

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by swtdrms(m): 5:33am On Nov 10, 2020
Good, it is much expected, I can't wait to use 5G network. Any conspiracy theorist can go hug transformer, useless people. What's the use of your going to school?

Pastor arguing against science, what does he know? He should keep to his pastoral work and let scientists face science.

This is the same way the church have prosecuted, kill and burn alive early scientists and philosophers.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Fahdiga(m): 5:42am On Nov 10, 2020
Did you do any research to have come to this conclusion or you are just following the bandwagon

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by ivolt: 5:45am On Nov 10, 2020
BOOZELEE:
Fools

But u guys denied bringing 5g to Nigeria during the lockdown when people were complaining.Why are u guys telling us now everyone seem to have forgotten the 5g matter?

Its suspicious.

5G has not been deployed yet. They didn't tell you about the deployment date then because they don't want you to go on a looting, burning and killing spree. They know how gullible and fragile many of you are when presented with fake news.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Moferere: 5:54am On Nov 10, 2020
Hehehe, una want give oyakhilome something to preach about

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by realstars: 6:01am On Nov 10, 2020
5g For Good And Evil

4 Likes

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Afamed: 6:02am On Nov 10, 2020
BOOZELEE:
Fools

But u guys denied bringing 5g to Nigeria during the lockdown when people were complaining.Why are u guys telling us now everyone seem to have forgotten the 5g matter?

Its suspicious.

The world is talking of 6G now. Don't be fooled by Chris Oyakhilome conspiracy theories.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by YouAreFinished: 6:13am On Nov 10, 2020
una dey test pastor Chris ba sad ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Heavensent01(m): 6:14am On Nov 10, 2020
it's a shame that some acclaimed literates believe in this 5G conspiracy theory, even the educated ones, well education in Nigeria na for both literate and illiterate.

you can hardly separate Nigeria educated and uneducated except of good English speaking and writing which is not a test of knowledge. some road side mechanic easily make use of their brain than some fools that spend 4-5yrs in sch

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by haffaze777(m): 6:15am On Nov 10, 2020
They should be quick with it,men is tired of this 4G

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by BOOZELEE: 6:32am On Nov 10, 2020
Afamed:

The world is talking of 6G now. Don't be fooled by Chris Oyaklome conspiracy theories.

5g,6g or 7g oo,me I don't care.

My anger is why did they deny every thing at the onset.As if they are hiding a skeleton in there cupboard.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by BigBabyJesus: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2020
Heavensent01:
it's a shame that some illiterate believe in this 5G conspiracy theory, even the educated ones, well education in Nigeria na for both literate and illiterate.

you can hardly separate Nigeria educated and uneducated except of good English speaking and writing which is not a test of knowledge. some road side mechanic easily make use of their brain than some fools that spend 4-5yrs in sch

Fool.

2 Likes

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by lindareep: 7:15am On Nov 10, 2020
Lolz...me that I'm still rocking 3G grin

Meanwhile, Guys who are interested in growing their beard can chat me up, I will deliver beard oil to your preferred location within Lagos and Abuja, payment on delivery (Lagos and Abuja only please)

3 Likes

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Paperwhite(m): 7:15am On Nov 10, 2020
This is the modern technology some prominent people especially so called god of men were denouncing as evil while some nations are already on 6G network? God save the world.

1 Like

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by deri4luv1(m): 7:15am On Nov 10, 2020
Pastor Chris Oyakilome and his Gullible followers would soon start spilling rubbish.

14 Likes

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 10, 2020
5g.....lol.....me that I'm already using 7g.....
Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Afam4eva(m): 7:16am On Nov 10, 2020
China is already testing 6G. Wahala for Pastor Chris grin

2 Likes

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by my2chains(m): 7:16am On Nov 10, 2020
please I need a partner in farming pepper, okro, and ugu leaf here in lagos, i did got a land with borehole already but no funds to continue.
so there is water available there. I need to go back and complete this great task, a budget of 60-75k will do.
please do call me on 09032884494

thanks and God bless!
Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Cocobongo(m): 7:16am On Nov 10, 2020
BigBabyJesus:

Fool.
Look at your name, who is the fool here?

2 Likes

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Izunwa(m): 7:16am On Nov 10, 2020
Make dem dey dia make pant dey wear dem. They are still checking health hazards of 5G while China just launched their 6G satellite into space recently �️. Tell me one thing? So life is too precious to Nigeria while China and other countries on 5G don't value their own life?

2 Likes

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by pickatyou2: 7:16am On Nov 10, 2020
Welcome dev.
Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by wunmi590(m): 7:17am On Nov 10, 2020
undecided

Nah person wey no dey current or wey no be science student go say 5G is hazardous

3 Likes

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by Lovelies1: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2020
Cheap data plan needed
Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by freemantic: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2020
the same pastors shouting conspiracy will end up streaming their services on 5G after launch. How pathetic

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 5G Not Hazardous, To Be Deployed In 2021 by PAWG(m): 7:18am On Nov 10, 2020
Nigerians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? / What Is The First App You Use After Waking Up ? / After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.