Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,152 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:52 AM

There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare (5238 Views)

Even If PDP Shows Video Of Tinubu/Buhari Robbing CBN, It Won't Change Our Minds / APC Has Won The Elections, Except PDP Rigs On The Other Side – Tinubu / Amaechi Insists APC Will Not Go To Court If PDP Rigs 2015 Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by jason123: 12:42am On Mar 16, 2011
The vice-presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Pastor Tunde Bakare, in this interview with MUDIAGA AFFE says the party will win the forthcoming elections, but warns against rigging. Excerpts:

Many people have said you and the CPC presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) are hardliners. Don’t you think the two of you will be too hard for the polity?

That is a good thing for those who are mathematically inclined. Two negatives will produce a positive. If you think we will be too hard for the polity, give me the alternative. If you say we should maintain the status quo, Nigeria will never come out of the woods. Let me tell you a story. In Niger State, we went through four emirates. Our last port of call was Etsu Nupe’s palace. When we finished the rally in Minna, we couldn’t even get to the podium. I am not sure you know what is happening in the North. This man (Buhari) does not give money to anybody. Do you know what he pays for? He pays Hausa BBC Radio to announce venues of rallies. He pays for venues, podiums and the public address system. They (the people) don’t come here to eat. They bring their own water. This time around, if any election is rigged, there would be wild wild North; not wild, wild West. I have told you this story to let you see the humanity of this man that people don’t know. I sat him down and asked him a direct question, “Are you a Sharia fundamentalist? Let me know now because I am not going to change and become a Muslim.” He just laughed and said, “Those who even think or say it are stupid. How can I Islamise Nigeria? Show me how I will do it. Will I shut down all churches and turn them to mosques? I did not take Nigeria to Organisation of Islamic Countries. Because of the economic situation in the days of former President Shehu Shagari, we had nothing. We had to resort barter. When they said we could get a loan from the OIC without interest, that was the only interest I had. I pulled down mosques because they were not in proper places. In my regime, it was not a case of Muslims or Christians being locked up. It was a case of corrupt people.” Buhari told me a story that when Tunde Idiagbon (his former deputy), was trying to compel his wife to become a Muslim, because she was a Christian, he was the one who refused. He is a disciplined man to the core. He manages resources very well. I will rather follow such a person, than join looters.

Do you think you can make any impact within the limited time you have?

I took that up in Ibadan three days ago. I assembled all our chairmen and stakeholders in Ibadan. I said I have heard this repeatedly mentioned that we have no time. That time is against us. Time is not against us. Time is never against you. All the courses we studied in the university called time management is a lie. You can only manage yourself in time. You can never manage time. The rich, the poor, the young, the old, the male, the female, the sick and the young, we all have the same amount of time. Let me focus on the question. The question is, “Do you have time in your hand?” When God is behind a particular thing and the people are yearning for change, it does not take long. We are not going to begin to invest money in billboards that only those who are graduates can read. I have ‘pastored’ a church in this country for 23 years now, I never pasted a poster. I had no billboard. The North has decided who the President will be by what we are seeing. I believe the South-West will be part of our presidential electoral victory in 2011. That does not mean the South -East does not have a role to play. We need 25 per cent from 24 states and you can’t ignore South- East. The whole of the North is 19 plus South-West, that is 25. If you get 25 per cent and the whole of the North, you are already President of Nigeria. But you know the battle for the South -West must be fought hard. It must be fought with re-engineering in the mind of our people.

Why are you optimistic that Buhari, who is principled and forthright like you, will win the presidential election?

My exposure to the corridors of power frightens me. If the Peoples Democratic Party by hook or by crook wins the 2011 elections, we might just kiss Nigeria good bye and we will not be guilty of not trying. It is not a do-or-die affair. I am not going to borrow money or sell houses to run the election and Buhari will not do that either. One person gave him all the posters and billboards in the North-West. Another person gave us vehicles for the campaign. I took her aside and asked why she did that, she simply said, “During the Petroleum Trust Fund days, I got contracts without lobbying and we tried to give this man money, he refused and this is the only way we can compensate him.” Are we going to say because of this depravity, we won’t do what is right? The responses we are getting from ordinary people if translated to votes would see us through, but the environmental pollution has clouded our minds that we do not think it is possible. Most of the elite will not vote that day. Some people say we can’t win. Let’s do our best and leave the rest for God. In Tunisia, one man, who was tired of oppression, set himself ablaze and the President is no longer in power. We can make a change if we all beam our searchlight on those things that are holding us back. I read in the papers that Attahiru Jega (INEC Chairman), has adopted the voting procedure used during the 1993 elections. It is simultaneous voting. I presented this same position to Jega when I had no interest in politics. We have systemic failure in our institutions which is why the police would be the tool of the man in power. For example, they denied us the use of a particular place because they said the PDP would be coming that day. Buhari said since we were free citizens we could use any open field. When they saw the huge crowd, they got a bigger place for us. That’s the power of the will of people. There is a wind blowing accross the Arab world and Africa. It is the will of the people against the power of incumbency.

Political campaigns have been characterised by violence and the PDP is blaming your party. What’s your reaction to this?

Did the CPC cause the violence in Bayelsa? Did the CPC cause the stampede in Port-Harcourt where so many people died? I am an eyewitness to history. We flew from Abuja to Maiduguri in one hour, twenty minutes. The Governor of Borno State took away all the buses from the streets so that nobody would come. But they trekked. It took us over one hour, thirty five minutes on a five- kilometre road to arrive at the palace of the Shehu of Borno. The people they labelled as violent got into the palace. We were preaching peace. We were telling them to re-channel their anger. The people are frustrated. The CPC is not behind it, it is the revolt of the poor. That is why I said we should be careful, if the elections are not rigged and they are fair, then everybody will be calm and they will be acceptable.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201103151311562
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by jason123: 12:43am On Mar 16, 2011
I think Bakare is right IF PDP rigs this election. There will be riots in the North and SW. These are my predictions.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by AljUche: 12:47am On Mar 16, 2011
jason123:

I think Bakare is right IF PDP rigs this election. There will be riots in the North and SW. These are my predictions.

yes soooo he is absolutelly right

smack on the money

it jonathan rigs this election wahala go dey
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by jason123: 12:50am On Mar 16, 2011
Alj Uche:

yes soooo he is absolutelly right

smack on the money

it jonathan rigs this election wahala go dey

Point of correction. I said PDP not Jonathan.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by babytoun: 12:56am On Mar 16, 2011

Why are you optimistic that Buhari, who is principled and forthright like you, will win the presidential election?

My exposure to the corridors of power frightens me. If the Peoples Democratic Party by hook or by crook wins the 2011 elections, we might just kiss Nigeria good bye

I get really pissed whenever i read statements like this. This is an election and everyone is campaigning and trying to sell his agenda , but let the elctorate decide. But insinuations that tend to say, "the only way my opponent can win is by rigging" when in reality it will taKe at least 3 years for CPC to match the grassroot structure of PDP.  Holding rallies in state capitals is in itself not the best way to guage a party's coverage of a state.

People may not like it, but the earlier the likes of Bakare humbly understand that GEJ has the advantage going into april 9 polls, the better for them as it will be easy to objectively neutralise the advantage instead of resorting to subtle blackmails in the pages of newpapers.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by Adelaide2: 1:02am On Mar 16, 2011
And if ACN and Buhari rig, there will be complete shut-down of oil wells. Everyone will have to bear their father's name
Bakare is just another loud-mouthed hypocrite

These guys are planning on how to rig and are blackmailing Nigerians with fake alibis
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by AljUche: 1:05am On Mar 16, 2011
Adelaide2:

And if ACN and Buhari rig, there will be complete shut-down of oil wells. Everyone will have to bear their father's name
Bakare is just another loud-mouthed hypocrite

These guys are planning on how to rig and are blackmailing Nigerians with fake alibis

how
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by T9ksy(m): 1:17am On Mar 16, 2011
Adelaide2:

@Bolded,. . . . . . .and what's wrong with that?
Who's afraid of bearing his "father's name"?

In the meanwhile, let's all continue pretending we are one happy family inbetween hurling derogatory remarks at each other.
One Nigeria?. . . . . .yeah, indeed!!!
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by onyengbu: 1:38am On Mar 16, 2011
I ve found myself joining people to call Bakare loudmouthed.
Even if for some mundane reason he believes he is more popular than GEJ, why will he be going about inciting violence.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by Beaf: 1:48am On Mar 16, 2011
It looks like Bakare thinks he's got a lot of stray dog's in the North. That very is insulting, what does he mean by "wild wild North?"
Someone should tell the man to shut it.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by vigasimple(m): 1:51am On Mar 16, 2011
I have said it number without times, Pastor Bakare is naived not to know the Northern games, of which they are using him conveniently or his allowing himself to be used because (like Shonekan) he will become VP and if he has close to GEJ luck, he may become President of Nigeria.

Why Did Bakare not contest on his own and go to the North and campaign? to see if the mallam's will receive him or vote for him or is he not qualified or better than Bhuari or is because he is not Hausa/fulani, the owner of the Presidency of Nigeria? Absolute thoughtless people.

He who is a tool for the fool and does not know he is a fool, is a big fool.

If the North want to go wild, they can go, I assure you that the SW would not join neither the SE, and it makes the SS job easier to keep their oil and refuse to pump it.

A reckless statement by would be leader, 'if cpc does no win, it must be rigging and we want Nigeria to come to an end'

This is how Saraki sold kwara to the North, and I pity Yoruba race , Afonja should have been a lesson for our modern day Pastor turn  politician., maybe he never study or learn from history.

I made a bold prediction , If GEJ does not winthis election, the North can go their own way.

You peopelcan make much noise as possible, it is all about the NORTH AND THE PRESIDENCY, the veil of pretence and dishonesty is coming off, shine your eyes.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by Abagworo(m): 1:52am On Mar 16, 2011
From the way things are going right now Buhari has a clear edge.I cant wait for Nigeria to change for the better of my kids.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by jason123: 1:55am On Mar 16, 2011
Abagworo:

From the way things are going right now Buhari has a clear edge.I cant wait for Nigeria to change for the better of my kids.

Well said and supported! cool
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by Pharoh: 2:15am On Mar 16, 2011
The best for everyone is for this country to separate to the different nations that actually make up the present entity called Nigeria. There is no basis for our unity and there can never be one, it is either we separate peacefully or do it the hard way and still separate through the negotiation table.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by MeGaStReEt: 2:17am On Mar 16, 2011
If na GEJ talk the same thing now, some people for don dey call am all sorts of names, infact this thread for don reach 9 pages of insults. GEJ's been preaching peace, while some people who are supposed to be "Man Of God" is preaching war war war and violence.

They should invite their children, relations, and well wishers  from wereever they are all over the world to come and start the fight. Na only fools go fight for them
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by babytoun: 2:18am On Mar 16, 2011
Abagworo:

E-voters have come.

Kindly explain the clear edge you are talking about. Please not  by saying North and south, but by specifying his strengths in the different geo-political regions. Do you know that Buhari cannot get 25% in any SS or SE state?
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 16, 2011
I supposed someone in his/her dyslexic mind thinks that the North is one clam sea.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by EMANY01(m): 4:24am On Mar 16, 2011
I am sure people are taking note of the fact that Buhari and now Bakare have exclusively devoted half their campain energy to making treats about making the North ungovernable if they dont win even the ACN which i despise haven't gone that far.Buhari and Bakare are conditioning their people for violence amd everybody seems to NOT want to notice.
As someone who grew up in the north (Kano to be specific) and having survived the mei tasine riot wit my mum as a kid,the Reinhard Bonke riots on my first day of high school and numerous others(iv lost count) i make bold a prophesy that should Buhari lose this election as he most probably will, he will let lose the wild elements that Bakare was talking about and the victims will again be southerners(not igbo's or Yoruba's or urohbo's or calabar's but southerners). Another occurrence of the endless orgy of murderous violence directed at southerners will be laid at his door step .To think that their grievance will be that a southerner won an election.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by Adelaide2: 4:26am On Mar 16, 2011
The same Bakare will be killed in the North. Looks like he has converted back to islam, hence he has become an islamic apologist. Now we have 2 muslims trying to rule. This is not Abiola time. Everyone is wiser now.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by papagiddy(m): 9:08am On Mar 16, 2011
But Alhaji bakare Tunde is a pastor now!, why saying all this?
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 16, 2011
It is obvious that if Jonathan (Its not about the PDP), wins this election that there will be a wild wild north. Yet, shalll for fear of rascality of men who will kill and maim in the name of God not vote Jonathan? No, I will still vote for him
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:46am On Mar 16, 2011
Its obvious, a word is enuf to wise, PDP shall not dare rigg election this time around, Nigerians will depend their votes, Useless party!!!
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by CrudeOil2(m): 11:12am On Mar 16, 2011
That is exactly why I would be voting for GEJ. I want to see the North boil, I want them to know that they are nothing. Infact I want to see Nigeria boil.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2011
Its seems the fake pastor is fast absorbing the military blood for violence from the famous coupist!

From Preaching Christ, to save Nigeria, to Running for VP and now we  need to shed blood to achieve the Mandate Mr Bakere said God gave him.

Any way am sure we have people who can return whatever violence they crop up. Bakassi boys are still intact, and Mend is already Super Boiling! This statement should remind us to re-stock arms!

If you are worried of Wild Wild North, just should check out the Wild Wild East and Delta! and fear go kill.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by debest1(m): 11:34am On Mar 16, 2011
Anyone else noticed how GEJ has kept a dignified silence in the run up to the election? He has somehow left the opposition to do all the talking and threatenings,
April 9th is round the corner, who no know go know,
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by Lagosboy: 11:38am On Mar 16, 2011
Why do we as a nation hate to hear the truth!! why are we tribalising issues here. Nigerians are tired of rigging and we as Nigerians will stand up and fight for our right if this election is rigged.

How can we forget so soon that the 2007 election that brought GEJ to power was massively rigged, how can we forget that 3 out of 7 judges of the supreme court passed judgements that Buhari won the election or the election was fraudulent. Yaradua only survived because 1 extra judge tilted the balance in his favor and thanks to wikileaks , Bankole revealed the 4 judges were bribed.

We want change but we are comfortable with the status quo, we might never get this opportunity again as a country to vote two honest men into power. Men who are not using stolen money to campaign. GEJ is using our money, Ribadu is using Lagos states money Tinubu stole.

Bakare has only revealed the true picture of things on ground in the north. The north voted Buhari in 2003 , the electionw as rigged and Buhari calmed things down, The north voted Buhari in 2007 even with Atiku contesting and election was rigged again. Buhari went to court and calmed the streets. If it is rigged again it is not about Buhari calming the people because this is not about Buhari but about us as Nigerians.

PDP bribe judges, ACN bribe judges only Buhari doesnt and he has not won cases. We the people will fight for our right.

SAI BUHARI
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by egift(m): 11:50am On Mar 16, 2011
All we want is a free and fair election. If PDP thinks they will hold on to power by rigging then that is a call for trouble. If you do not like the truth - step out of the way.

Nigeria want leadership and integrity - Vote Buhari/Bakare and let make it happen.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by debest1(m): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2011
SO is it inconceivable that PDP can win come April without rigging?
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by cinzo: 11:54am On Mar 16, 2011
I do not have any problem with GEJ, he looks like a sincere man. The problem is PDP!!! We are tired of false and empty promises. How many times will something happen to you before you learn from it.

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by GOZILLA(m): 11:58am On Mar 16, 2011
Lagosboy:

Why do we as a nation hate to hear the truth!! why are we tribalising issues here. Nigerians are tired of rigging and we as Nigerians will stand up and fight for our right if this election is rigged.

How can we forget so soon that the 2007 election that brought GEJ to power was massively rigged, how can we forget that 3 out of 7 judges of the supreme court passed judgements that Buhari won the election or the election was fraudulent. Yaradua only survived because 1 extra judge tilted the balance in his favor and thanks to wikileaks , Bankole revealed the 4 judges were bribed.

We want change but we are comfortable with the status quo, we might never get this opportunity again as a country to vote two honest men into power. Men who are not using stolen money to campaign. GEJ is using our money, Ribadu is using Lagos states money Tinubu stole.

Bakare has only revealed the true picture of things on ground in the north. The north voted Buhari in 2003 , the electionw as rigged and Buhari calmed things down, The north voted Buhari in 2007 even with Atiku contesting and election was rigged again. Buhari went to court and calmed the streets. If it is rigged again it is not about Buhari calming the people because this is not about Buhari but about us as Nigerians.

PDP bribe judges, ACN bribe judges only Buhari doesnt and he has not won cases. We the people will fight for our right.

SAI BUHARI
, and Buhari is using threats and violence to campaign! None of the plotical parties have come out with a clear cut manifesto on how to improve the fortunes of the country if elected. How sure are u that Buhari won't be as "clueless" as GEJ?
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by sona1: 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2011
debest1:

SO is it inconceivable that PDP can win come April without rigging?

This is the very  question I have been asking. Someone even said Buhari won 2003 and i ask how? SW,SS,SE and NC  voted for OBJ massively.

People talk about North voting for buhari and I ask if NW represents the entire north. I ask if BENUE,Plateau,taraba,kogi,kwara are part of the north they are talking about.
Re: There Will Be Wild, Wild North If Pdp Rigs —bakare by bababuff(m): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2011
Crude Oil:

That is exactly why I would be voting for GEJ. I want to see the North boil, I want them to know that they are nothing. Infact I want to see Nigeria boil.

Careless talk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: Nigerian Businesses Prosper In Asia! / Rivers Re-run Election Result Update From INEC. / How Brig. Gen Faruk Yahaya Was Bribed To Attack Gbaramatu In Search Of NDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.