Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? (1493 Views)

2 Others Who Killed Lion In The Bible Apart From Samson / Do You Support God's Decision Of Sending 2 Bears To Maul 42 Kids To Death / Shocking! Abortion Killed 42 Million In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by AntiChristian: 5:35am On Nov 11, 2020
Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25)

23 Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

So who killed the 42 kids and why were kids killed for mocking a man of God?

Was Jesus of the Bible involved here?

No thread derailment and no abuses! Only Biblical expositions!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:12am On Nov 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

23 Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

Elisha was a prophet of God, he caused those children in the name of the God of Israel upon whose soil himself and those kids stands. So it is the God of Israel that dealt with those who insulted his prophet right on the soil where everyone supposed to fear the God of Israel and have deep respect for his prophet.
Such a thing can never happen where the laws of God is not known, it can only be justified where the people have vowed to respect God and his prophet not where nobody knows the prophet!
For instance, Muhammad Buhari is the President Commander in Chief of all the armed forces in Nigeria, his face is known throughout Nigeria, it is an offence punishable under the Nigerian constitution for anyone within Nigeria to insult Buhari. But if he should go to a place where nobody knows him, anyone can treat him like a commoner, that's what we're saying.

No thread derailment and no abuses!
I'll like to believe you'll do justice to this by not detailing the thread or abusing those who responded to you!

1 Like

Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by CodeTemplar: 11:42am On Nov 11, 2020
God did.
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by AntiChristian: 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Elisha was a prophet of God, he caused those children in the name of the God of Israel upon whose soil himself and those kids stands. So it is the God of Israel that dealt with those who insulted his prophet right on the soil where everyone supposed to fear the God of Israel and have deep respect for his prophet.
Such a thing can never happen where the laws of God is not known, it can only be justified where the people have vowed to respect God and his prophet not where nobody knows the prophet!
For instance, Muhammad Buhari is the President Commander in Chief of all the armed forces in Nigeria, his face is known throughout Nigeria, it is an offence punishable under the Nigerian constitution for anyone within Nigeria to insult Buhari. But if he should go to a place where nobody knows him, anyone can treat him like a commoner, that's what we're saying.

I'll like to believe you'll do justice to this by not detailing the thread or abusing those who responded to you!

Why would I abuse a grandpa? So in essence, kids can be killed by God if they abuse men of God?

Can't God forgive kids?
We've seen so many abuses in Nigeria against so many men of God. So if they curse back na so God go kill many people?
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by AntiChristian: 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:
God did.

Why did God kill kids?
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

Why did God kill kids?
Dont question God.
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by CodeTemplar: 1:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

Why did God kill kids?
Same reason he kills adults? By the way, are kids suppose to be immune to death?

1 Like

Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

Why would I abuse a grandpa? So in essence, kids can be killed by God if they abuse men of God?

Can't God forgive kids?
We've seen so many abuses in Nigeria against so many men of God. So if they curse back na so God go kill many people?

Elijah/God was patient with them but patience runs out and when patience runs out, Decisive Action Enters in!

The Law - There is A Time to kill and a time to refrain from killing!
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nuttella:
Dont question God.

This has always been a wrong and infuriating answer and the basis of Insults. It was not acceptable in 1965, it can never be acceptable.

Besides, every judgement of God has its Rationale provided, All of them are written down.

It is man as you know who judges without reason. God has never done that, not even once. He Always supplies his Reasons for His Judgments and they are All there for the world to see and examine.

So, if you do not know the reason and you are not in the mood to find it out, then wait, some one would show you the reason.
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

This has always been a wrong and infuriating answer
I repeat don't question my God. Bye.
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nuttella:
I repeat don't question my God. Bye.

Obviously, we are not talking about the same God, Who Always Supplies the Reason for His Judgments!

And by 2025, you shall then say "there is no God, my eyes are opened" and Somvayina/OtemAtum shall gladly receive you as they themselves were received by others.
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Obviously, we are not talking about the same God, Who Always Supplies the Reason for His Judgments!

And by 2025, you shall then say "there is no God, my eyes are opened" and Somvayina/OtemAtum shall gladly receive you as they themselves were received by others.
There is God and I am one of his prophetess. My prayer is that your soul will be saved before its too late. Its not too late now to go back to your maker, its not too late my dear.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by advocatejare(m): 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

At least Elisha proved that he had a powerful God that could fight for him.

But when Muhammad was insulted and he was hurt, his god could not fight for him, Muhammad had to hired an assassin from among his followers to go and kill the man that hurt him, and to prove that he was even a false prophet, he encouraged the assassin to lie in order to get closer to the man Muhammad was angry with:

The Prophet said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf who has really hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you like me to kill him?" He replied in the affirmative. So, Muhammad bin Maslama went to him (i.e. Ka'b) and said, "This person (i.e. the Prophet) has put us to task and asked us for charity." Ka'b replied, "By Allah, you will get tired of him." Muhammad said to him, "We have followed him, so we dislike to leave him till we see the end of his affair." Muhammad bin Maslama went on talking to him in this way till he got the chance to kill him. Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah
— Sahih al-Bukhari, 4:52:270

Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it." Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, "That man (i.e. Muhammad demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you." On that, Kab said, "By Allah, you will get tired of him!......

.....When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), "Get at him!" So they killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf."

-Sahih Bukhari 5:59:369

Narrated By Al-Bara bin Azib
Allah's Apostle sent a group of persons to Abu Rafi. Abdullah bin Atik entered his house at night, while he was sleeping, and killed him.
-Sahih al-Bukhari 5:59:370

2 Likes

Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nuttella:
There is God and I am one of his prophetess.

Nothing to quarel about just a note of warning for 90% of the atheists here are former what people call Christians eg Somvayina, Frank317, CAPSLOCK, LortReed etc and they all said one of the several things they claim as you have done, just before they fell!

But as I said, it is nothing to quarel about!
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by advocatejare(m): 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

Allah showed that he was a mere idol that couldn't help his Prophet, hence Muhammad resorted to using assassins to kill those that insulted him:

"Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib: A Jewess used to abuse the Prophet and disparage him. A man strangled her till she died. The Apostle of Allah declared that no recompense was payable for her blood."
— Sunan Abu Dawood, 38:4349

1 Like

Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Nothing to quarel about just a note of warning for 90% of the atheists here are former what people call Christians eg Somvayina, Frank317, CAPSLOCK, LortReed etc and they all said one of the several things they claim as you have done, just before they fell!

But as I said, it is nothing to quarel about!
It's a pity that they allowed the devil to decieve them and they fell into his net but God can still save their soul if they come back sorrowful and desert the devil.

How can someone that have encountered God fall, tell me?

Its you guys I'm worried about not me.
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nuttella:
It's a Pity that they allow the devil to decieve them and they fell into his net but God can still save their soul if they come back sorrowful and desert the devil. How can someone that have encountered God fall, tell me?

The Truth is, they know and understand All He is about, but they have a big But, they have seen that all the things that they like and love, He Condemned.

Therefore, they hate Him because He had Condemned all the things they wanted to do when they grow up and therefore, they simply used the opportunity of the fact that the things that they could have, which The Lord had not yet given them and they saw that The Lord will not give them, they therefore chose to make their own way and take any way that they find would help them on their own journeyings!

So, I do not think that they would be coming back for the shame of their return would be to great and they know that there evil brothers are rather waiting to laugh at and mock them rather than joyfully welcoming them!

They know all these which is why they would not return.
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The Truth is, they know and understand All He is about, but they have a big But, they have seen that all the things that they like and love, He Condemned.

Therefore, they hate Him because He had Condemned all the things they wanted to do when they grow up and therefore, they simply used the opportunity of the fact that the things that they could have, which The Lord had not yet given them and they saw that The Lord will not give them, they therefore chose to make their own way and take any way that they find would help them on their own journeyings!

So, I do not think that they would be coming back for the shame of their return would be to great and they know that there evil brothers are rather waiting to laugh at and mock them rather than joyfully welcoming them!

They know all these which is why they would not return.
What did I just read? So they are now atheists because they want to act the way the want, get money in the most mischievous way instead of waiting on God.

Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by AntiChristian: 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Elijah/God was patient with them but patience runs out and when patience runs out, Decisive Action Enters in!

The Law - There is A Time to kill and a time to refrain from killing!

So if your kid abuses you saying bald head you can curse am to death?

I still don't understand your point. There's a time to kill harmless kids?

1 Like

Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by AntiChristian: 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Same reason he kills adults? By the way, are kids suppose to be immune to death?

Ah! 42 harmless kids! Merciful God o!

What's their offense?

1 Like

Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by AntiChristian: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nuttella:
Dont question God.

I'm questioning you. You have the holy spirit and you can contact Jesus. Ask him why those kids had to die for a simple abuse!
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

I'm questioning you. You have the holy spirit and you can contact Jesus. Ask him why those kids had to die for a simple abuse!
Bye.
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by CodeTemplar: 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

Ah! 42 harmless kids! Merciful God o!

What's their offense?
They went against God's anointed and mocked him for what he had no power over in his life. God who created him that way was invited for vengeance and He struck classically. Glory to God.
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by AntiChristian: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:
They went against God's anointed and mocked him for what he had no power over in his life. God who created him that way was invited for vengeance and He struck classically. Glory to God.

Why are they called kids? Because they lack adult reasoning! Kids can't differentiate between right and wrong. How does killing them fit the punishment for kids?

Many adults abused Jesus and Moses, where they killed? Or is Elisha greater than them?
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:38am On Nov 12, 2020
It's a different setting entirely!
God never had a covenant with Nigeria, God had a covenant with Israel so it's on that soil that a child born to that nation mustn't raise his/her tongue against the messenger of the God who singlehandedly gave them that land.
It was boldly written in the law of Israel "honour your father and mother so that you may live long and prosper" Exodus 20:12 compared to Exodus 22:28

For those children to insult an old man alone is enough reason not to live long talkless of insulting a messenger of the God who gave them that law!

Their parents supposed to warm them of the gravity of such offence, no child of a dedicated Israelite will do such because it's the responsibility of the parents to inculcate in their children what God commanded! Deuteronomy 6:6-7

Thanks and God bless you!
[/quote]

[quote author=AntiChristian post=95922845]

Can't God forgive kids?
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by advocatejare(m): 9:11am On Nov 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

Why are they called kids? Because they lack adult reasoning! Kids can't differentiate between right and wrong. How does killing them fit the punishment for kids?

But your Muhammad was sleeping with a 9 year old kid who couldn't reason.

your Muhammad married a 6 year old girl that couldn't reason to understand what marriage meant
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by CodeTemplar: 1:32pm On Nov 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

Wow....
is that so? but they can mock what is above them, no wonder what is below them ate them to death.
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

Was Jesus of the Bible involved here?

No thread derailment and no abuses! Only Biblical expositions!

Maybe you should expain below hadith

Narrated Atiyyah al-Qurazi: I was among the captives of Banu Qurayzah. They (the Companions) examined us, and those who had begun to grow hair (pubes) were killed, and those who had not were not killed. I was among those who had not grown hair.

Sahih Muslim 38:4390

Narrated As-Sab bin Jaththama: The Prophet passed by me at a place called Al- Abwa or Waddan, and was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)." I also heard the Prophet saying, "The institution of Hima is invalid except for Allah and His Apostle."

Sahih Bukhari 4:52:256
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

So if your kid abuses you saying bald head you can curse am to death?

I still don't understand your point. There's a time to kill harmless kids?

Are you a parent and do you actively partake in raising your kids in the way of Good Conduct?

For saying this, you are a male and you have never been around the children therefore, you do not know the Great Pain that they can inflict and this is aside the unruly and badly behaved children, who Willfully inflict Such great pain, oh, you do not know!

You will when you have your own kids!
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by AntiChristian: 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Are you a parent and do you actively partake in raising your kids in the way of Good Conduct?

For saying this, you are a male and you have never been around the children therefore, you do not know the Great Pain that they can inflict and this is aside the unruly and badly behaved children, who Willfully inflict Such great pain, oh, you do not know!

You will when you have your own kids!

Of cos, I am married with kid...
I know how the parents of those 42 kids would feel loosing their kids.

Kids are kids and should not be killed. A massacre of kids. cry
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by AntiChristian: 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Wow....
is that so? but they can mock what is above them, no wonder what is below them ate them to death.

Whenever your kids curse a Christian like you, pray such happen to them too!
Re: Who Killed 42 Kids And Why? by AntiChristian: 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
It's a different setting entirely!
God never had a covenant with Nigeria, God had a covenant with Israel so it's on that soil that a child born to that nation mustn't raise his/her tongue against the messenger of the God who singlehandedly gave them that land.
It was boldly written in the law of Israel "honour your father and mother so that you may live long and prosper" Exodus 20:12 compared to Exodus 22:28

For those children to insult an old man alone is enough reason not to live long talkless of insulting a messenger of the God who gave them that law!

Their parents supposed to warm them of the gravity of such offence, no child of a dedicated Israelite will do such because it's the responsibility of the parents to inculcate in their children what God commanded! Deuteronomy 6:6-7

Thanks and God bless you!

I still haven't seen "kill kids that abuses a Prophet" verse in the Bible.

Many adults abused Moses, Jesus, etc but where not killed! Is Elisha greater than Moses, Jesus and others before God?

What happens to God being merciful sir!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Lord God Is No More / Religious Killings / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.