Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) (59547 Views)

Nigerian Man Celebrates Sallah With His Three Wives And 19 Children (photos) / Woman Flogged By Her Husband, Flees With Her Children (Photos) / Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by uvie66: 1:03am On Nov 12, 2020
Nbotee:
Life is unfair and some ppl are also not being fair to demselves... Ayuba is crippled and is married to anoda crippled and dey beg for a living but somehow he's comfortable with birthing 4kids he cannot raise..
Firstly he is physically challenged so most likely live on the benevolence of other people, he compunded his problem by getting married and having four kids...wow
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by uvie66: 1:06am On Nov 12, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
Poor people are the most wicked and evil sets of humans roaming the earth, why will you give birth to, not one, two, or three, but four innocent souls to come to the world to suffer life with you? Why? Look at the parents, how do they even fvck?

I'm pissed, I have no sympathy for the parents, only the kids.
I concur
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by UmehzEmmanuel(m): 1:12am On Nov 12, 2020
I've seen squalor, abject poverty.
This here doesn't even come close.

But I don't understand how people would get married without fully appreciating the basic principles of contraception, child spacing and all.

Given the age of these kids, three more may still be on the way.

1 Like

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Adakintroy: 1:40am On Nov 12, 2020
Nbotee:
Life is unfair and some ppl are also not being fair to demselves... Ayuba is crippled and is married to anoda crippled and dey beg for a living but somehow he's comfortable with birthing 4kids he cannot raise..

The only reason you know what you know ahead is because you educated. You see things coming. He isn't.

The only reason you don't have same number of children is because you can access other forms of leisures.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by RedScorpion(f): 2:19am On Nov 12, 2020
ThatKING:
Don't have kids you can't afford to fend for

How many men can control their dick to follow this doctrine ?
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:45am On Nov 12, 2020
This is highly disturbing His situation is beyond ridiculous.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by harmony75: 3:33am On Nov 12, 2020
God bless you guys for the great job you're doing � he should be advised to stop giving birth tell him and his wife about family planning... may God favors this organization as they transform Mr Ayuba's family and other people ����
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by poj(m): 3:33am On Nov 12, 2020
LadySarah:
Ayuba or his wife should first be taken to a health institution and be sterilised.
With more help, they'll birth more.

I once admonished one to follow me for fp.I was helping her sort of. close to 3 yrs, the matter hasn't been brought up again. Their story is worrisome Lyk dis one.

@ Ladysarah you no nice o! I got your point though. Heaven help those who help themselves.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by AreaFada2: 3:34am On Nov 12, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
Poor people are the most wicked and evil sets of humans roaming the earth, why will you give birth to, not one, two, or three, but four innocent souls to come to the world to suffer life with you? Why? Look at the parents, how do they even fvck?

My dear you speak from the point of enlightenment.

Many of those poor people had no benefit of education. They reckon that having many kids is their wealth. Completely free. They also feel that the chances of some kids surviving is bigger that way.

It's not a mere coincidence that the poor have more kids worldwide. They don't know any better.

2 Likes

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Handsomecole(m): 4:38am On Nov 12, 2020
You're crippled yet you brought not one but four children into this world, that alone is wickedness ...
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Gerrard59(m): 4:40am On Nov 12, 2020
joseph1832:
I won't even bother to read the opening post but this Ayuba's situation is something I've seen/witnessed one time too many.

You won't be surprise if you engage him (Ayuba), in conversation you'll see he gave birth to those kids in the hope that the kids, might grow up and save him from his wretched state.

The mindset of many Nigerians seriously need to be change as soon as possible. Don't even be surprise this same Ayuba will see someone like me, who's not married, don't have kids and is doing Far better than him, he'll now believe he's better than me and even insult me just because he gave birth to kids he can't even take care of, talkless of taking care of himself.

I laughed really harddddddddddddd grin grin grin grin
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Gerrard59(m): 4:47am On Nov 12, 2020
winterfell007:
I'll keep typing this. People like Ayuba is the reason why Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. We keep blaming the economy for our woes, the main issue is that we as a country is clearly overpopulated no thanks to the north. Our population is a huge liability and that's the honest truth.
I didn't bother reading that epistle to know that Ayuba doesn't even deserve to have a testicle. He should have been long castrated. It folks like him that fuel the poverty index of the country.

Actually, the economy is to be blamed. Countries with high population growth/fertility rates are largely poor and underdeveloped places compared to their rich counterparts with low population growth/fertility rates. The poorer a society, the higher her fertility rates. It is why Niger Republic has one of the highest fertility rates in the world and not surprising why Northern Nigeria has same in Nigeria. When compared to the South Western or Eastern part, you get to understand that poverty is a precursor to high fertility rates.

The best gift to that man is vasectomy, nothing else. Afterwards, economic livelihood but vasectomy first.

Four years ago, I created a topic but Nigerians chose to disagree because cHiLdRen aRe a BlESsInG fRoM God.

https://www.nairaland.com/3450586/poor-un-intelligent-people-should-not
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Gerrard59(m): 4:50am On Nov 12, 2020
RedScorpion:

How many men can control their dick to follow this doctrine ?

Advise them to undergo vasectomy. Then, they are free to fvck anything in skirt. cool

1 Like

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 12, 2020
joseph1832:
I won't even bother to read the opening post but this Ayuba's situation is something I've seen/witnessed one time too many.

You won't be surprise if you engage him (Ayuba), in conversation you'll see he gave birth to those kids in the hope that the kids, might grow up and save him from his wretched state.

The mindset of many Nigerians seriously need to be change as soon as possible. Don't even be surprise this same Ayuba will see someone like me, who's not married, don't have kids and is doing Far better than him, he'll now believe he's better than me and even insult me just because he gave birth to kids he can't even take care of, talkless of taking care of himself.
You my friend have really experience life, I once had a neighbor like that. Me just dey ball every now and then, Baba dey look one kind come get mind dey reason sai all this life wey I dey life him don live and nothing dey there, say make I try marry.

He had two children he can barely take care of, always wanting to borrow one or two things, pay for light na issue. But he always have the I am better than you view since I have investment (children), yes he sees them as investment.

2 Likes

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by shedomains: 5:15am On Nov 12, 2020
bukatyne:
How irresponsible can Ayuba be to birth four children in stark poverty?

1, 2, 3 and 4?

In this squalor?

4 kids

The Foundation also has to teach Ayuba and others like him to take responsibility for their actions and decisions.
i taught you always celebrate procreation ,why change the narative now.please celebrate ayuba he has done well for himself and nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by cardoctor(m): 5:42am On Nov 12, 2020
Not easy at all.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Ayoswit(f): 6:12am On Nov 12, 2020
kaynacy:

Don't be harsh on them...nobody prayed for the life we all have today
Let's just pray and hope things get better
my dear, I'm not harsh rather I just stated d truth, if they were doing fine financially when they had d kids and suddenly they lost everything they had due to circumstances beyond their control, I would understand but being poor and having so many kids they can't take care of isn't nice. And I know they would still have more kids despite their living condition.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Raalsalghul: 6:16am On Nov 12, 2020
Next!

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Raalsalghul: 6:21am On Nov 12, 2020
Gerrard59:

Actually, the economy is to be blamed. Countries with high population growth/fertility rates are largely poor and underdeveloped places compared to their rich counterparts with low population growth/fertility rates. The poorer a society, the higher her fertility rates. It is why Niger Republic has one of the highest fertility rates in the world and not surprising why Northern Nigeria has same in Nigeria. When compared to the South Western or Eastern part, you get to understand that poverty is a precursor to high fertility rates.

The best gift to that man is vasectomy, nothing else. Afterwards, economic livelihood but vasectomy first.

Four years ago, I created a topic but Nigerians chose to disagree because cHiLdRen aRe a BlESsInG fRoM God.

https://www.nairaland.com/3450586/poor-un-intelligent-people-should-not

We seriously need an anti-natalist propaganda in this part of the world.

I know these folks, them no go hear.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by DropsMic(m): 7:06am On Nov 12, 2020
Octopusssy:

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Like seriously, how can you keep bringing kids into this world when you can't even take care of yourself? The world is a tough place for able bodied people, how much less a disabled person? Do we now blame ignorance and poverty for this kind of irresponsibility?

Yes, we are all sympathetic to Ayuba and his excruciatingly hopeless circumstances, but let us also lay some of the blame on his table.

This picture invokes images of doom and gloom.

sex is the type of entertainment poor people can afford... that's why poor people birth the most children

2 Likes

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by sirjoe1124(m): 7:06am On Nov 12, 2020
Nbotee:
I don't know how people think
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by GGfadar(m): 7:18am On Nov 12, 2020
guy u bad ooooo

Fountainofyouth:

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by sirjoe1124(m): 7:22am On Nov 12, 2020
bankyman:
See all the ignorant comments up there... None of those accusing Ayuba will marry or let their sisters marry him. He is challenged and his best chances are challenged people like him for he isn't learned. That being said, Nature when it calls can sometimes leave him with no chance but here are people who have good food asking a man who can barely afford food use his money to do family planning or sterilize or what's not. Do you people even rationalize things at all? His situation is dire, his condition is partially Nature and the rest his choices. If he were to be in good hands should be not be entitled to disability funds and same for his wife. I kinda also blame our looting and backward thinking governments for this.
But he can control himself.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by michspencer(m): 7:24am On Nov 12, 2020
GboyegaD:
While it is right to say life is unfair, our choices sometimes too are unfair. In his condition, he shouldn't have birthed 4 children. Although it is hard to say but truth remains that he is wicked however, thanks to God who has decided to let the light shine on him. I hope HOL also teaches his and his wife family planning and the need to strive to ensure their 4 kids live a reasonable life.
would there have been any change if he was to give birth to one or two children ?
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by CharleyBright(m): 7:40am On Nov 12, 2020
lefulefu:
we shoudnt just blame the north alone cos the south is also guilty of this.i have seen some gate men who are christians and from the south having up to 15 children and such men will be earning only 10k.some even have concubines sef and the concubines will also have large number of kids for them.Its a nigerian thing not a northern thing.

Have u been to the North?
I know what I say when I said the North. You will see a Male begger in the North begging in one corner, and his wife with 4 little kids begging in another corner not far away. Their small children already being trained to be beggers, and before you know it, she is already pregnant with the 5th child.
These children grow up without schooling or a future. It is a normal thing for them.
And as the children grow up, they become independent in street life and become Almajiris. The next thing is to carry arms and become bandits and terrorists.
The North is the biggest problem of Nigeria by the singular reason of having too many children they cant fend for and their many myopic mindsets.

1 Like

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Iseoluwani: 7:51am On Nov 12, 2020
Nbotee:

exactly. He shouldn't have given birth to max 2. even the rich don't want more than 2 or 3 by mistakenly.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Iseoluwani: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2020
CharleyBright:

Have u been to the North?
I know what I say when I said the North. You will see a Male begger in the North begging in one corner, and his wife with 4 little kids begging in another corner not far away. Their small children already being trained to be beggers, and before you know it, she is already pregnant with the 5th child.
These children grow up without schooling or a future. It is a normal thing for them.
And as the children grow up, they become independent in street life and become Almajiris. The next thing is to carry arms and become bandits and terrorists.
The North is the biggest problem of Nigeria by the singular reason of having too many children they cant fend for and their many myopic mindsets.

they have even been brainwashed to give birth to many kids so as to uphold their faith and make it spread. who does that!!!. a man who has no food to eat and religion promises rewards for giving birth to plenty. That's why most times people don't pity them in SOUTH west here.

they see begging as a goal achieved. people are getting irritated by them. imagine you asking the beggars to change some money for you to pieces they will still collect interest again. like asking them to cjange #100 for you, they will give you #90 and take #10 as profit, yet from the money people gave them
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 8:22am On Nov 12, 2020
Nbotee:
Life is truly unfair, Four children! May God have mercy.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 8:25am On Nov 12, 2020
J111333:
Why the hell were they producing children? Not one, not two but four kids?
This really got me mad as hell right now?

I remember visiting a family friend's grandmom sometime ago at a local hospital and I saw this lady that had just got delivered of a baby. She was held back or seized at the hospital because of a bill of about 40k or so, I can't recollect.
Aside the new born, she had other two little very hungry looking kids with her. They said they hadn't eaten for the day and that was evening. In fact, a nurse said she bought them coke and moi moi or something the day before and she wouldn't be shocked if those were all the woman and her kids had until then.

The husband, an okadaman left them there saying he was running around for the bill but the wife confidently told me he ran away and it was two days already. Only God knows how much long they would've been there without food.

I was mad as hell, mad at the nurses and every goddam staff there but my anger was more on the woman for breeding like an ant when she didn't have means to take care of the kids.

Out of anger, I must have told the woman to kick her husband's ass when next he came to her with his dangling lazy dick.

Why are people recycling poverty? Is it not foolishness that one will leave a hungry mouth and feed the dick or the vagina. angry

Some stories will just get you out of control
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by joshkke(m): 8:33am On Nov 12, 2020
[Everyone dey form judge and jury on top this man matter. What is done is done. If the foundation can open an account for him and circulate it on social media, many would be willing to send a widow's mite. With that he can start a shop or something. In a real way you can change the narrative of those kids

quote author=uche87 post=95919737]Being the Director of Communications at Helping Ordinary Lives, HOL Foundation is challenging. Every day of your life, you feel the gas left in your tank would dry up and then your race will end before the finish line. Every day is a battle to put at least short smiles on the faces of people, who hope for reason to express genuine happiness. The biggest or funniest jokes by the best clown or comedians in town can't move them as their pains are bigger than them all.

It is easy to read about the spate of poverty in Nigeria and Africa on the pages of newspapers or journals. It is harder to get a full picture of poverty and stand to look at it in reality. You not only fight to hold your tears, you also fight for the strength to stand on your feet. 89 million Nigerians are living in extreme poverty in Nigeria despite the yardstick for the measurement of poverty is being below spending $2 (N684) on food per day. The figures are simple to look past as a headline, but it is a different ball game when you see the people living in extreme poverty physically as well as listening to their stories. I wish the people could be granted free passage into heaven on judgement because the planet earth has been hell for them.

I will never forget the 27th of June, 2020. It was the day I saw the image of poverty and believe me, poverty is ugly and scary. My Managing Director had contacted me to prepare for a regular field exercise which entailed sharing of relief materials amongst residents of vulnerable communities. It was a hard decision to make considering the menace of the coronavirus pandemic, which had ruined businesses and plundered the financial resources of many. For the first time, I felt it was over for the foundation. I saw myself joining the vulnerable people we swore to bring succour and hope to. The director wasn't going to let Covid-19 deter him from a cause he has dedicated his life to. He gathered funds here and there and even went as far as borrowing, to purchase food materials for the vulnerable people, whose conditions have been made worse by the infectious and deadly disease.

We arrived at one of the shanties at the Agbado Ijaiye area of Lagos State to share relief materials. We had arranged portions of rice, beans, noodles, vegetable oil and others in sizeable quantities for a targeted section of the population living there. They were happy to see us. Most of them lamented the failure of the government to share its highly publicized Covid-19 palliatives amongst them. They argued that they need them the most in Nigeria. We pacified them with soothing words and in no time, the smiles on their faces almost overpowered the rays of the sun. It was a beautiful sight.

Our relief materials were not enough as news spread around town that we were around and the number of people on the ground kept doubling. We soon took our leave and promised to return at a future date. We felt fulfilled to a large extent as we journeyed back to our various homes. Then the rain began to fall; as Africans, we regarded this as showers of blessings. We assumed that Providence was happy with our efforts and was trying to part us on the backs. The business of the day seemed done and dusted but that wasn't all, something that would mark the beginning of another landmark story was developing.

As we negotiated excruciatingly with the potholes around the Agbado-Ijaiye axis, we spotted a middle-aged man who was physically-challenged. He was only moving around with a makeshift wooden wheeler. It was quite small and low. It is commonly used by crippled beggars. He sat on it and used a pair of bathroom slippers worn on his hands to move it around. Everywhere was flooded. The vehicle we came in was already crying for help as the bad roads had the best of it. This man was navigating around the potholes by the roadside energetically. Some of the potholes at times looked as if they were going to take his life.

The director was moved as he stared at him from the car. He ordered that the car should be parked and he approached the man. For once, I felt he had wanted to heal him like Jesus Christ as he alighted from the vehicle and gazed at him. When he got close, he bent and said 'Please gentleman, what is your name?'

He struggled to respond as he could barely speak the English language. From his intonation, it was clear that he was Hausa. One of the workers who understood the language perfectly interjected and communicated with him. It was then that he gave his name as Ayuba. The middle-aged man whose looks tell the gory stories and wicked challenges of life revealed he begs for a living. The boss ransacked the vehicle for some palliatives. Luckily, we found some. He also handed some cash gifts to him. He explained he is a married father of 4. His wife is crippled too. We all abandoned our trip temporarily and followed Ayuba to his home. Ayuba's life was a true image of poverty. His first child was about 10 years old. All of them have never seen the four walls of a school. They were not only malnourished with their bodies covered by tattered clothes, they also had no future to bank on. Tears flowed down on the cheeks of everybody as Ayuba narrated what it takes to put the cheapest meal on the family table every day. If the tears weren't controlled, the imminent flood around his house could have been fastened by the collection of tears from our eyes. One could only peep through Ayuba's house with fear. It was dark and looked like a dungeon from which the next pandemic could emerge. The door was so low and small that a fat animal might be discouraged from entering.

"I want my children to go to school. I want a better future for them. I don't want them to end up like me. Life is hard, life is just too hard" he said with the tears been seamlessly unleashed.

"I can't afford a wheelchair. It is so difficult for my wife and i to move around during the rainy season. I can't count the number of times I have fallen into deep gutters. Going out is a risk. I feel I could die anytime but the well-being of my family means a lot to me. I just have to go out and make something no matter how little" he added.

The boss looked up and signalled to everybody that it was time to leave. Ayuba looked at the relief materials again and thanked us. He wished we could stay longer and eat with his family but we respectfully declined.

For the first time in a very long time, the boss was quiet all through the trip home. We all knew he was touched by the story of Ayuba. We were all moved too. When I got to the junction of my street, the car parked and I came down with my bag containing my personal effects. The boss looked at me and said, Ayuba is our new project now. He is part of our family. His children are our responsibility and we have to make the sun shine on that home. I nodded my head in acceptance. Waved him goodbye and left for my home. I was troubled all night and restless due to the day's experience.

HOL Foundation has struggled to solve the structural challenges of Ayuba but we are very hopeful and will never forget him. The boss ordered the logistics team to dispatch some relief materials to his home recently. Life seems the same for Ayuba but we are very sure things will soon take a U-turn in his life as we continue to gather the needed resources to make the promised change.

George Osayimwen is the Director of Communications at HOL Foundation

Source: https://www.tori.ng/news/158431/my-facetoface-encounter-with-poverty-and-his-four.html[/quote]
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Petyprincess(f): 8:46am On Nov 12, 2020
This is very scary!! Nigerians we need to to change our mentality!! The funny part is they will claim they don't want their children to end up like them without providing these kids enough resources! There is 90 percent probability the children might end up like him!!

There is this igbo guy i usually buy movie nd i saw his three kids the eldest is 3+ and i was teasing him that he is trying o, as for me i can't give birth more than one kid,if you see the way he looked at me, he even told me to stop cursing myself,i replied him it isn't a curse but a thought of a responsible lady that wants the best for her family!! He was telling me no Nigerian man will agree to one child and told him "is it only Nigerian men we have in this world?"

3 Likes

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 8:55am On Nov 12, 2020
CanadianNaija:
You provided him with enough comfort to breed another child.

I have no sympathy for him and his wife.
You are wicked is that what bible teaches?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

That Moment A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene When Watching With Your Parents / Has My Cousin Sister Been Rendered Useless? / "How A Retired Major Treated His Daughter After She Got Pregnant In 100 Level"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.