Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (71878 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / Nigerian King With The Most Beautiful Palace In Africa Turns 91(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 11:48am On Nov 11, 2020
Hello beautiful people, Since after the lock down was eased. I have been doing some wakawaka. So I found my way to Osun State. The place where the yoruba race started. As a lover of history, I decided to trace the story of these beautiful people.

Osun State is located in South west and shares a border with Oyo, Ogun and Ondo State.
Yoruba's believed that Oduduwa is the progenitor of the Yoruba race which makes it easy to trace their origin. This is a folklore that is shared by every Yoruba states.

They believed Ile Ife was where everything started from. Ile Ife is an ancient city and it is believed to be the cradle of Yoruba civilisation. So on getting to Ife, I headed straight to the Palace of the Ooni of Ife and what I saw was really incredible. It can be rated as one of the most beautiful palaces in Nigeria.

The palace has three courts, the Emese Court, the Council of Elders Court and the Supreme Court. The Emese Court is handled by the Emese who are a version of the British Royal Guards. They are in charge of simple matters , The council of elders handle some bigger issue while the Supreme Court is headed by the King

Picture below is the Eruwa Square, it is located opposite the Ooni of Ife palace

https://www.travelwaka.com/ile-oodua-the-beautiful-palace-of-the-ooni-of-ife/

Please kindly enjoy the
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJjjJzdy-Pc

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 11:49am On Nov 11, 2020
This place is really beautiful. I am organizing a tour to Ikogosi and Erin Ijesha in December. Please Click here if you are interested https://www.travelwaka.com/join-our-tours/

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 11:51am On Nov 11, 2020
Opposite the Palace is the Enuwa Square, once you see this place you know you are about to Enter the Royal palace

Enuwa Square has the statue of Oduduwa, the Progenitor of the Yoruba race. This place is dedicated to him.

Please Kindly follow me on Instagram - www.instagram.com/travelwaka_tours I will be giving out some free tours to some lucky winners.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Ayobami7(m): 11:53am On Nov 11, 2020
Seen, visit the Forbidden palace next

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by tot(f): 11:54am On Nov 11, 2020
Rich cultural heritage. Kudos travelwaka.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2020
1. The council of Elders place and the front view of the palace

I must admit The Yorubas have a rich history, beautiful tradition and a great story. I got to learn how the Ile Ife, Oyo, Benin Kingdom and other parts of the yoruba land became one

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Shortcut2life: 12:02pm On Nov 11, 2020
Forget nothing dey inspiring about this place all ile ife road they bad I see this man convoy they dodge potholes I shame for him matter as a king .. He is just a greedy king that cares about his business only ... shey Na palace we won chop ni ..

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
1. The palace has a Police posts
They said this hall is the first Hall in Yoruba Kingdom and the Hall has the statue of Obalugbon. One of the strongest Kings in Ile Ife.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
View of the Palace

The door of the first hall is said to several hundred years old and it is still standing, it also has a burial ground for some of the Past Kings. Back in the days, No one knows where the Kings of Ife were buried. Because they were seen as gods. Over the years, due to civilization some of the old Kings are now buried in the Palace

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
The Oba of Ife is the top in Hierachi in Yorubaland. according to Legend. One of his sons known as Oranmiyan, was sent to Igodogogo (Now Benin KIngdom) , he conquered the Kingdom and He became the first King of Benin. According to history, he was having issues with the people of Benin because they didn't like his style of rulership. So he made his son Eweka the ruler and left Benin for good.

On leaving Benin he settled at Oyo with his men, he became the first King of Oyo. He was a great warrior and he fought all through the South West all the way to Benin Republic , This is one of the reasons why Oyo Empire is so feared. Then after conquering all the major cities, he felt the need to go back home. He returned to Ile Ife with his army and he unseat the ruling King in a very peaceful manner. He told him he is back to take his fathers throne and he would appreciate if he moves elsewhere. LOL . The King had to move because Oranmiyan was a great warrior

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 12:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
Unfortunately, as at the time of the visit, the King was not around. It would have been a lovely experience to pay the King a visit and maybe share some amazing images from his Royal throne.

6 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
Lalasticlala lets explore the Palace of the Ooni of Ife together

5 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by CleanHubO3(m): 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
Beautiful

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Balenciagaokey: 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by updatechange(m): 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
Although accient but some parts looks kinda filthy,
God bless Yoruba land, God bless Òoduans, awa omo Òodua, Òodua agbe wa o Asé.

9 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Femich18(m): 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by ATEAMS: 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
Don’t allow someone to treat you poorly just because you love them.

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by openotp: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2020
Very beautiful

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Bobotic(m): 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2020
Oba of Lagos State right now grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by marsman: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Most respected King in Africa, we can also call him the King of Africa. i see civilisation + Heritage working hand in hand.
YORUBA LAGBA

29 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by joshepade(m): 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Looks primitive tho
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Khd95(m): 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Oba of lagoon left the WhatsApp group grin

8 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by princepee: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Palace of the oni of ife, ojaja the second! One of the few King that have my respect. Unlike some agberos pareading them selves as king

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by IlovePMB: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Poor
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Unbiased1: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Looks like European architecture surrounded with brown roof houses cheesy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by NwaNimo1(m): 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Average looking.......to Igbos's!

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
"The Ooni of Ife, lives in his palace, at Ile-Ife -- the home of the Yoruba people..."

Was taught this in Primary Two (or was it Three?) some two decades ago.

Many years after I'm getting to see live pictures on Nairaland.

I have a dream for Nigeria, of a truly advanced nation where pupils learn in AI-enabled classrooms replete with modern gadgets and accessories that'll make a deeper impression for learning than mere words would.

I know of childhood colleagues who are dropouts today, and doing very badly. Who dropped out because the learning process was both rigorous and confusing. Who could have been far better today had they been instructed with audiovisual aids that provided more vivid impressions.
Even those of us who came out tops, na luck, grace and wholesale memorisation help us scale through some obstacles.

I love African Art and I'm impressed with the few I've seen here.

Viva Africa!
We go make am!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by CHOPUP411(m): 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Greatest king In Africa

12 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Gkay1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
nothing special here.

abeg dat king wey den tif his staff, he still dey alive ?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. / Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.