Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison (23675 Views)

Court Grants 49 Yoruba Agitators N300k Bail Each / Eromosele Adene: Court Grants #EndSARS Protester Eromz, N1m Bail / Kwankwaso Visits Atiku In Abuja After Election Defeat, Peter Obi Present. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by lalasticlala(m): 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
A magistrate court sitting in Abuja has admitted six #EndSARS protesters arrested in front of the National Assembly complex, Abuja, to bail five days after they were thrown in prison custody.

Magistrate Abdulrazak Eneye while ruling on the bail application filed by the defence counsel, Tope Akinyode, on Wednesday, granted the defendants bail of N50 ,000 each and one suerty in like sum.

The surety must be a citizen of Nigeria with a verifiable means of identification.

The court also held that the sureties must deposit the N50, 000 and copies of their identity and show means of livelihood to the court.

Those arrested includes Oluwatosin Adeniyi, Paul Akinwumi, Davo Chomo Abdulsalam Zuberu, Kabiru Gasali , Yasiru Bashir

The court had last Friiday denied the defendants bail and ordered their remand.

The matter has been adjourned to January 25, 2021 for hearing.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/11/11/breaking-abuja-court-grants-endsars-protesters-bail-after-five-days-prison

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by Zenzu01(m): 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
After unlawfully arresting and locking up peaceful protesters exercising their civic rights, they are now demanding bail again. shocked shocked

Who is supposed to pay who??

153 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by jlinkd78(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
Heroes and Heroines of our struggle. We must not forget your contribution towards this whole struggle. Even d paltry N50k is a face saving charge by d shameless FG cos deep in their hearts they know u are innocent

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by mdchikezie(m): 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
THIS IS NIGERIA
THIS IS NIGERIA
THIS IS NIGERIA
THIS IS NIGERIA
THIS IS NIGERIA
THIS IS NIGERIA
THIS IS NIGERIA
THIS IS NIGERIA
THIS IS NIGERIA
THIS IS NIGERIA

11 Likes

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by Legalcriminal: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
Lol is the judge former police officer that he had to multiply #50 into multiple grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by Damikjay(m): 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
I'm not surprise,
- u locked protesters who are just exercising their right as a citizen,
- now u want to free dem on a bail of 50k.

to me dat is too much, did dey steal or vandalise any govt property.
my side here police collect 5k for bail, which is suppose to be free.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by naiirablog: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
Interesting People.
Interesting Country
Interesting President.
Nairablog is back with the stories.

THE RISE OF A MAN CALLED BUHARI
. PART 1

A great tall man, rose from a small shed in Daura in Katsina. His face was finely cut and his nose was firm. And his gait was steady. At his birth bed, his mother had tended his hair. And it was his father who had gazed at his face and kissed his fore skull and had called him Buhari. Which means, “One who comes from Bukhara, a city in ancient Persia.
And the boy Buhari grew into a fine teenager with a heart of stone. His arms rarely fatigued, neither did his eye ever faint at the sight of blood.
At the feasts, it was he who butchered the lambs, and watch them bleed to death. It was he, who knocked and slew the fowls and watch them whimper and squirm in half life before they kissed oblivion. It was he who guarded the young maidens.
His young heart nursed a grave ambition, that ancient primal desire of the warrior king, that thirst to conquer, to subdue to protect and to rule.

When the boy played at the fields, his playthings and games where different from other lads. He would sometimes carve for himself little cross bows with sticks and petty arrows from dry wood. And toy guns from rust metal. He also recited psalms;
“I am not like other men. I am a borne soldier and a borne king. For while i was yet in my mother’s belly i was chosen. I was borne to rule.
Many years later he traveled to the city of Aldershot in England and Schooled and trained. He became a lieutenant and platoon commander of an infantry battalion.
Later when he had come back home after years of books and training and practice. He gathered fellow soldiers and country men saying unto them;
‘Unworthy men are ruining our country and spoiling the land of our fathers. Shall we watch them?
No! they replied
Shall we fold our hands while these vandals shit on God?
Again they replied No.

So Buhari and other young officers, armed themselves to the teeth and took part in this coup. And overtook the government and the General and leader at the time was expelled, and behold his name was Aguiyi the son of Ironsi.
Another man took his place, and his name was Yakubu the son of Gowon.

Some years after the war of secession, and after Buhari himself had become a general in the army, the soldier struck again. He headed the coup that expelled another ruler called Shagari by name, who was voted in by democracy. After then, he declared himself the king and head of the Nigerian states.

“Hear me O people of the Niger. Be calm, for I have now ceased power. I am Muhammadu Buhari by name. I am young. But my eyes bleed at the sight of the sins that these men had wrought on our nation. They feed fat on our collective gold and have made tenths for themselves from our treasury and their hands have been stained and soiled by corruption. Therefore i hired men of like minds and in the night we bonded these strong men and held them captive, and have now ceased control. Now i say and declare. WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION!!
WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE!!

And the multitude responded yay!!

After a shortwhile another General had plotted a coup, his name was Ibrahim the son of Babaginda. And the coup he had plotted angainst General Buhari had succeded, and he too was expelled and pushed out like his predecessor.

Hence the heart of the man Buhari was filled with anger and rage and he indeed vexed a great vexation and wrote psalms;
"An abomination hath seen the light
A borne king has been dethroned.
But a tree is a tree and a shrub is a shrub.
For ye the elephant will not throd the earth like mere mice
Nor the peacok like the land fowls.
A prince’s horse will not be mounted by the beggar.
I came because the whole world was sick with kwaraption.
And now the son of man have been pushed out like a commoner, i fear that the nation will go back to lick it’s vomit. I fear for vanity.
Yes Indiscipline is vanity and kwaraption is affliction to the spirit.
I will be back.
I shall come back.
And my rightful place shall i take. He said

Watch out for part 2

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by Patrickyemi: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
One of the terms of bail in the matter is not that the 50k be deposited. It's merely a bond entered into by the surety that he will lose 50k of he doesn't produce the defendant on any trial date. No money is actually paid.
Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by Humanoid01(m): 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
There was a country.

4 Likes

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
One Day Bushy Meat Will Catch The Hunter.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by DennisEche(m): 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
GO AND SIN NO MORE, THE GOVT OF PMB IS SO MERCIFUL AND DEMOCRATIC

5 Likes

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by femi4: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
We move
Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by beautyhd: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
Confused government.

50k bail? those touts that were dropped by that SUV to disrupt the protests, when will they be arrested and charged to court?

26 Likes

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by NwaNimo1(m): 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
Wrongful arrest....they should sue the courts

21 Likes

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by cerowo(f): 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
its well with Nigeria
Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
nor sense here oo

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ok

3 Likes 2 Shares

angry

Hmmmmmm. The funny thing is that we still have till 2023 to cope with this present government. And to cap it, Bubu is getting healthier by the day grin

9 Likes

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
DennisEche:
GO AND SIN NO MORE, THE GOVT OF PMB IS SO MERCIFUL AND DEMOCRATIC

I wonder when exercising our Civic rights became a sin.

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by tillaman(m): 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
Mhiztee
Keep fighting the good fight mafo mowa pelu e!!
Great Ladokites

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by YoonSung57: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
YoonSung58:
Imagine what they did; after all the killings, they did nothing about it but still went ahead to charge protesters
Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by henchc(m): 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
Even the justice system cannot defend the integrity of this country!!!
God help us.

9 Likes

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by Pavore9: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
It will pain some people who prefer seeing them spend a long time in Prison.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
Something I'm very sure if is this, we'll all smile las las, this government is busy doing whatever they feel like to anyone that they feel like to.

But one day, they'll step aside,these are hard times for all Nigerians as a nation,RIP to our gallant civilian soldiers at The Lekki Toll Gate and anywhere across the country, you've all done what our fathers couldn't do for fifty years,for those who didn't come out like my self,who participated in one way or the other,God Bless You. The Darkest Hours of The Night Is Just Before Dawn, We're close to Dawn.

A lot of Prophecies have been coming in, before this protest took place,that it'll happen,and there'll soon be a government that will be a true government,a lot of politicians if not all will be arrested,and some Royal Men Of god too, y'all will be surprised and they'll be exposed,that government shall fear no man. These are Prophecies from Dr. Isaiah Wealth, he said same things before Edo Election took place,even before Obaseki Announced his contesting for the first tenure.

If you're an atheist or whatever,I don't expect you to believe all this,just check for Dr. Isaiah Wealth Prophecy about The Edo Election and what year he said it. If you don't believe, No need mentioning me though,cause I'm not expecting you to believe.

Nigeria will be great again, She'll be A Great World Nation,She is the Trigger,S.A is the Bullet, Both are the Guns of Africa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by BF69BF: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
This country is long gone. We should be done calling it Nigeria by now. Everything should even end now.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison by sammysneh(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
Every sector of this country is corrupt, even the only hope for the common man which is the law is also not left out

This country is fantastically corrupt and a shithole

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose: "Makinde Looks Quiet, But Deadly" / APC Must Become Born Again To End Electoral Malpractice, Says Dino Melaye / Northern Governors Declare War On Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.