Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? (113007 Views)

Dear Men, Before You Give A Lady Your Money. / Marrying A Lady Your Friend Slept With In The Past / Church Brother To A Lady: Your Picture Is 'Erotic For A Cool Sister' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by kmaster007: 7:18am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please have you ever been asked "what do you want from me?" by a lady that you just wanted to help with no strings attached?

I was driving home yesterday after work and a lady (average looking) flagged me to stop and i decided to stop and gave her a lift. I asked her where she was going and she mentioned a bustop before mine and i said lucky you... We had a lil chat as i drove her and she seemed really fun, We got to her bustop and i offered to be taking her to work in the morning since she stays close to my place. Then suddenly her face changed and she asked the annoying question "Oga what do you want from me?".. at that point i was dumbfounded and sad at same time. But i had to quickly smile and said "nothing" then i drove off.

For me i find it sad, a lot of people are not used to good people doing good things without wanting anything in return.

How do you feel and react when asked that question?

Please share yours
men sha! how many man have you pass before the lady stop you... if not want you have in mind to do.. tell d truth
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by emmaak2(m): 7:20am On Nov 14, 2020
J
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Igahbarr: 7:20am On Nov 14, 2020
Before I make any comment, I will like to ask: sir, are you married or still single and searching?
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by ransomed: 7:23am On Nov 14, 2020
The love a farmer has for a broiler is to prepare it for pot. What else ...?
Some guys are trying to cause quarrel to avoid Christmas expenses but, you want to dive into unexpected one with a lady. Help guys and avoid ladies.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by senjutsu(m): 7:25am On Nov 14, 2020
Ayo2004:
Op wan chop kpekus dey disguise...him come dey use Uber driver front
Radarada grin
Haba! Bros be calming dan abeg. Can't someone be nice without ulterior motives undecided
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by happy200(m): 7:25am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
If am cool with him just like the way i was cool chatting with the lady...Why not?? grin
The truth is, people are not used to that so they will always feel you need something from them, since to them it doesn't look like a normal thing.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Stefenijoan002(f): 7:27am On Nov 14, 2020
Guess no guy has ever done her favor without not asking for something in return.but she should have been a little patience n not asked that question that day

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by nduchig(m): 7:28am On Nov 14, 2020
YOU NO SEE OLD MEN AND OLD WOMEN INCLUDING CHILDREN TO HELP ABI? OK, IF THAT MOTOR STOP FOR MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, SHEY NA THE GIRL GO HELP YOU PUSH AM COMOT FOR ROAD? I PRAY MAKE YOUR MOTO SPOIL ONE DAY MAKE YOU CALL ME TO HELP YOU PUSH AM AFTER YOU DON USE SPEED PASS ME FOR BUS STOP.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Jalaw: 7:29am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Oga tell us the truth, ... That your so called Innocent Offer you made to that woman, If it were your Fellow Man, would you have made such an Offer to him grin grin

God Bless you.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by zinny377(f): 7:29am On Nov 14, 2020
Op please come and live close to me so i can join you to work every morning...

I d' greatly appreciate that...btw, cheer up cos not everyone has the ability to appreciate good especially when twisted minds are everywhere.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Ayo2004: 7:31am On Nov 14, 2020
senjutsu:

Haba! Bros be calming dan abeg. Can't someone be nice without ulterior motives undecided
Indeed...nobody dey do that kin thing for no reason
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by senjutsu(m): 7:31am On Nov 14, 2020
Originalsly:
Smartxyz... you need to be Streetsmart. In general... in the society... men do not do a woman a favour without wanting something in return. You picked her up... very kind of you... never mind a bit risky... had a good chat ... she was comfortable with you and I'm sure considered you a nice guy seeing that you showed no signs of wanting anything in return... no contact info... no asking if she had a man etc..... the reason why she was happy. All that you messed up by asking to pick her up.... and that's the question that spoilt everything because she would now believe afterall... you want something in return... just like the other men. You should've said nothing... maybe she would've asked... or... you simply note the time you picked her up and most likely she will be there again waiting for a ride and will have no problem hopping in. Should you see her today... same scenario.... she may not want to hop in because she believes you want something. Always look first in the mirror bro before pointing fingers.
Would I wrong be if I say " bros bros u na shap guy. Tiri gbosa for u

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by kendo60(m): 7:31am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Oga tell us the truth, ... That your so called Innocent Offer you made to that woman, If it were your Fellow Man, would you have made such an Offer to him grin grin

Nice question. If na he fellow guy, he will never offer to do so.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Twenty8: 7:34am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

If likes were money ehn, you'd have over 2000 of whatever currency you prefer.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by SILENTandSMART2: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2020
EricSmallz:
You will still die regardless

Abeg elucidate oo

Wetin concern dealth with this matter ?

I don't get dat wink
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Boyooosa(m): 7:38am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Oga tell us the truth, ... That your so called Innocent Offer you made to that woman, If it were your Fellow

Man, would you have made such an Offer to him grin grin

Largest number of LIKES in a short while in Nairaland history.

How did this happen or our people don't discover Likes Cheat on Nl too
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by JohnNU(m): 7:40am On Nov 14, 2020
Stefenijoan002:
Guess no guy has ever done her favor without not asking for something in return.but she should have been a little patience n not asked that question that day
You are the only lady that has said something reasonable, all the others are busy encouraging guys never to assist a lady, as assisting a lady means you want something from her. WHO DID THIS TO WOMEN.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Surulereman(m): 7:40am On Nov 14, 2020
An innocent question to an innocent offer. And Oga is feeling upset. Think and answer her question properly. She no be mumu.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by KingJasper18(m): 7:43am On Nov 14, 2020
you may not have anything in mind, at the same time she may ask you that base on the rate of your reactions she saw..[color=#990000][/color]
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Jodera: 7:45am On Nov 14, 2020
Obynopositive:

U de mind some yeye men,that's how i was walking with a lady some years ago, a guy stopped, offered her lift,i wanted to enter he said no only the lady..
Ah... This one hot oo.
I got two questions for you please

1... Were you and the lady friends
2.. If yes how close were you two. And what was her response wen the driver said such thing to you.

Awaiting your response abeg grin grin
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Alezy(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
I wonder why this foolish comment had so much likes. It means we have really got it wrong in this country. So he offered now to be helping her it means he must have some hidden agenda?? Some women, una brain sabi think nonsense. How do one become ordinary friends with a lady of this kinda mentality. God forbid
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Bahamas95(m): 7:47am On Nov 14, 2020
That lady on the first page has already said my mind, have got nothing else to tell OP.

I wonder why man hate man sef.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by greatbuc(m): 7:48am On Nov 14, 2020
You should have just continually carried her without asking? It was a spooky question and it won't end well for the lady in the long run.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Alezy(m): 7:49am On Nov 14, 2020
2dice01:
grin cheesy

She asked the Perfect Question bro

No sane man will turn himself to an Uber driver every morning to please a lady you just met some minutes ago

Cus if she was a Male
You won't even see his hand when he wave cheesy

the question isn't perfect abeg. And yes a sane man would drop someone he met especially if the someone happens to leave close to him or his route. I have had this kinda offer years ago and I have benefitted from it. And I know I am not the only one. Stop been an hypocrite
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Zedoo(m): 7:50am On Nov 14, 2020
e sure me die say you no go “offer” to carry your fellow man go work everyday...

She asked the right question because everybody know say na so e dey start...

But, you should’ve educated her instead of “driving off”....

This behaviour indicates a tendency to have wanted something somewhere down the line.
A masculine disappointment at being found out early in the game.
If you genuinely wanted nothing you would’ve insisted it was nothing and just did your good deed.
But YOU KNOW.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please have you ever been asked "what do you want from me?" by a lady that you just wanted to help with no strings attached?

I was driving home yesterday after work and a lady (average looking) flagged me to stop and i decided to stop and gave her a lift. I asked her where she was going and she mentioned a bustop before mine and i said lucky you... We had a lil chat as i drove her and she seemed really fun, We got to her bustop and i offered to be taking her to work in the morning since she stays close to my place. Then suddenly her face changed and she asked the annoying question "Oga what do you want from me?".. at that point i was dumbfounded and sad at same time. But i had to quickly smile and said "nothing" then i drove off.

For me i find it sad, a lot of people are not used to good people doing good things without wanting anything in return.

How do you feel and react when asked that question?

Please share yours

I don't think that you can blame the lady. It's not her fault. It's the fault of the kind of society we live in.

But for me, I might have taken the offer. Then the moment you become a mumu man, you'll not see me to drop and pick again. It's just like giving any random person my number, I'll pick the first time. That first call determines if I'll keep picking or if I'll block him immediately after the call. It all depends on the guy.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Alezy(m): 7:53am On Nov 14, 2020
The kind of comments I read on this thread just shows how far Nigeria had gone down the drain. See mentality abeg. Chaii
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by ogmask: 7:55am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

It comes naturally sist, a woman will do same to the opposite sex. I do same for many pple at my bus stop especially on my way to work but I find a particular lady friendly and smart. Tho I did not offer the everlasting ride like the op did but I always watch out for her.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by starz100: 7:56am On Nov 14, 2020
Originalsly:
Smartxyz... you need to be Streetsmart. In general... in the society... men do not do a woman a favour without wanting something in return. You picked her up... very kind of you... never mind a bit risky... had a good chat ... she was comfortable with you and I'm sure considered you a nice guy seeing that you showed no signs of wanting anything in return... no contact info... no asking if she had a man etc..... the reason why she was happy. All that you messed up by asking to pick her up.... and that's the question that spoilt everything because she would now believe afterall... you want something in return... just like the other men. You should've said nothing... maybe she would've asked... or... you simply note the time you picked her up and most likely she will be there again waiting for a ride and will have no problem hopping in. Should you see her today... same scenario.... she may not want to hop in because she believes you want something. Always look first in the mirror bro before pointing fingers.
Kudos, you nailed it

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Psoul(m): 7:57am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

Let me tell you. It's only women that enjoy that kind of help. Men don't like it. A lady can enjoy that kind of offer for 5yrs without any qualms. If you carry a guy 3 to 5 days, he'll start dodging you cos of his ego and prestige.

So don't expect a guy making such offer to a fellow guy cos it may not work.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by zudozz: 7:57am On Nov 14, 2020
The man no just get sense. Oga na Olosho flag you down..Whether she stays next to u, works in a company or not she be runs geh! All na packaging.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2020
Obynopositive:

U de mind some yeye men,that's how i was walking with a lady some years ago, a guy stopped, offered her lift,i wanted to enter he said no only the lady...

I heard that this thing happens a lot in Abuja grin. What state did your happen in?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Photos Of This Hot Nigerian Female Soldier Will Leave You Drooling / "I Will Marry You" - Oyinbo Man Tells Busty Nigerian Lady Frying Puff Puf Online / What Has Love Made You Do That Annoys You Anytime You Remember?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.